• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

capncone

Smash Apprentice
This was pretty much the perfect update for me tonight (except the release date delay.) I'm writing a paper and I looked on Dojo and there was "WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING! Sonic!" It was just what I needed, a shock to the system to get me through the next hour or so. Looks good!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...I think the delay was why the releashed Sonic now...

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
Man, they got Sonic's sound effects PERFECT, from what I've heard so far. The spring, which I assume is his Up B, and the screeching stop sound take me back to my Genesis days. Now I just need some Green Hill Zone music, and I'll be in heaven.

Concerning the TBD release date, they could be moving it closer, right....RIGHT!?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Speaking of studying......I really oughta finish up my homework...

DAMMIT X_X

Sonic 4 IN Brawl!

:: plays Live & Learn on repeat ::

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I just checked the dojo. I kept telling myself, don't get your hopes up, it will just be an item or sometinhg. Then I clicked, and my eyes almost fell out.

NYA HOW THE HECK DID U KNOW THAT???

Sinn

Smash Lord
Worry not, psycho, Geno is next.

Wow. Yeah, I'm just not going to stop talking about it all day tomorrow. I called a friend who was asleep at 12:15 just to scream it at someone xD

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
this is pretty epic, I think its safe to say that most long-time games have been waiting nearly 2 decades to see something like this...

I hope I run into some people that are going to be good with Sonic..inevitably because he's so popular, he'll attract a sea of noobs.... I guess there has to be a slight downside to everything...

Black/Light

Smash Master
WAITE ONE MIN NyaseNya!

I remember you saying Olmar(sp) would be releaved aswell and that the game would be playable at this event. . .. what happened there?:ohwell:
Was this a lucky guess?:ohwell:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
this is pretty epic, I think its safe to say that most long-time games have been waiting nearly 2 decades to see something like this...

I hope I run into some people that are going to be good with Sonic..inevitably because he's so popular, he'll attract a sea of noobs.... I guess there has to be a slight downside to everything...
the n00bs will abuse the hell out of him thats for sure, but he actually looks pretty crazy

what day u goin to E for all Procrasticritter?

SiD

Smash Master
WAITE ONE MIN NyaseNya!

I remember you saying Olmar(sp) would be releaved aswell and that the game would be playable at this event. . .. what happened there?:ohwell:
Was this a lucky guess?:ohwell:
That's not what he said. He said Olimar is in, and it'll be playable and E for All, the latter of which is definitely true.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think we have a problem, they made the US Brawl TBD! When does the game come out now!!!!!

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
I just said Olimar is VERY LIKELY to be in, and that I couldn't confirm it to 100% because my contact didn't tell me straight. However, not that it has to do so much with Sonic, but they've appearently made a lot of changes to Peach from the earlier beta version (which we never saw). This is also the reason Peach was announced relatively late.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I just said Olimar is VERY LIKELY to be in, and that I couldn't confirm it to 100% because my contact didn't tell me straight. However, not that it has to do so much with Sonic, but they've appearently made a lot of changes to Peach from the earlier beta version (which we never saw). This is also the reason Peach was announced relatively late.
Fond the post. . .

"Also, this is more unsure, but my contact also made hints to me that Captain Olimar will be a playable character. You know the little guy from the Pikmin games. But I'm not 100% sure of this, as my contact merely threw me some hints without really telling me it was Captain Olimar. However, I'm pretty good at reading his voice, so I'm pretty sure of it."

I guess I miss-remembered that and for that Im sorry:p

Good night all and good call.

Wave Guiding Guardian

Smash Rookie
So interesting how my MSN list would be full of online contacts when somewhat dull updates would happen, but then this and not a single one was online...

Oh well, I'm still glad he's in. He's no Lucario to me(Character I want in most), but he's a deserving character, from a great franchise, from a great video game company. I wonder what tomorrows update has in store for us...

A huge amount of props to the person that posted about this early though, he/she's a brave brave soul... The person quite possibly going to be bombarded with 'who is in' PM's :p I want to myself, but that seems a bit rude, and though he/she may have access to an inside source, unless he/she is actually the source, then this person doesn't know either.

*looks down and notices him/her in this thread* Thanks for the tips, I'm hoping the Olimar thing turns out real as well.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
NyaseNya- i read some of your posts, and i kinda believe you do have inside info.

thanks for givin us a heads up.

can you ask your contact about mega man being in the game? (you can respond to this in the mm thread plz)

Sonic's drill looks spot on to me

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
NyaseNya- i read some of your posts, and i kinda believe you do have inside info.

thanks for givin us a heads up.

can you ask your contact about mega man being in the game? (you can respond to this in the mm thread plz)

Sonic's drill looks spot on to me
I haven't heard anything about Mega Man, sorry. :( But my contact said that Peach's character model changed a lot before they decided to show her at the Dojo. She was more "adult" in the early development stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom