• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official sonic stage thread

Chrono917

Smash Rookie
I would love to see a stage based on the Eggman Fleet from Sonic Heroes. Canons would be locking on to you (that would prevent camping), some robots start attacking you, and a fem cameos in the background (Team Dark or Team Chaotix destroying some battleships) It would be a very high tension stage.
That sounds nice!

I was thinking of something that shows the Biolizard fighting Shadow in the background, and the stage would keep changing (Like, the battle starts in the arc, then the Biolizard transforms into Final Hazard and shoots up into space, while Shadow turns into Super Shadow and goes after him, then you shoot up and land on a platform in space while watching them fight once more) then Shadow would use Chaos Control and make the stage start all over again.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
No Heroes stages please, that game was the start of the Sonic nightmare and the control + camera was Grrrr AWFUL!!! SA2B was the best game in the Sonic 3D series, however the stage will be a rememberable stage and Sonic Heroes isn't the game to use, either SA, SA2 or retro stage.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
No Heroes stages please, that game was the start of the Sonic nightmare and the control + camera was Grrrr AWFUL!!! SA2B was the best game in the Sonic 3D series, however the stage will be a rememberable stage and Sonic Heroes isn't the game to use, either SA, SA2 or retro stage.
has anyone heard of a game called No More Heroes? i think it was named that for a reason.

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
never really played the sonic games but i still no what green hill zone is so i think it would be best for the casual gamer approach Sakari is taking.

626key

Smash Journeyman
i knew the Chaotix from the comics long before i played as them in a game. i never had a 32X.

but regardless, if anyone is going to be an assist trophy, it'll be tails. i'd prefer knuckles, though...
I'd rather have knux and tails as fighters, plus, how cool would it be to get more than on AT with one

626key

Smash Journeyman
P.S.
what does sa2b stand for?

finalark

SNORLAX
I agree with this guy.

So, any ideas for a City Escape stage?

Like the Truck at the end could go through every now and then and deal insane (or moderate) damage to everyone that gets hit.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
fight in an arena at the end where the end of the stage is. Well G.U.N. bots will shoot at you and also rings coming out from places... rings may heal you, 1 ring = 1% damage

626key

Smash Journeyman
any stage would have to have been on a nintendo system, so no stages from the new sonic the hedgehog

SonicMario

Smash Master
All I need is Green Hill Zone. It's very likely: Sonic's Debut level, Has appeared on the following nintendo systems (GBA (Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis), GC (Sonic Mega Collection), and Wii (Sonic the Hedgehog (Virtual Console)).

And I don't care if Live & Learn is a song that plays there. As long as the old retro song is on their. Remix or not.

626key

Smash Journeyman
All I need is Green Hill Zone. It's very likely: Sonic's Debut level, Has appeared on the following nintendo systems (GBA (Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis), GC (Sonic Mega Collection), and Wii (Sonic the Hedgehog (Virtual Console)).

And I don't care if Live & Learn is a song that plays there. As long as the old retro song is on their. Remix or not.
do virtual consol games count?
P.S. probably not the best time, but I forgot how to post threads, can someone remind me?

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
its where knuckles guards the master emerald. its pretty much in every sonic game.
expecailly sonic adventure dx

that santuary like place
Personally, when I first saw the 'battlefield' stage it reminded me of sky sanctuary from sonic. I'm not saying THAT'S the sonic stage, I'm saying sky sanctuary is probably out due to similarities.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Yeah, I agree with some of the stuff I'm reading. I think that Green Hill Zone is a MUST as Sonic's stage in Brawl. Though, if Sonic is in the game, expect another Sonic character or two in the game as well. Either as Assist Trophy's or Playable Characters, or maybe even both. So maybe there will be more then one stage for Sonic. It's possible.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Well for some reason i can see 4 sonic PCs' Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Shadow... i can see for stages as Green Hill (sonic), Prison Island (Tails), Angel Island or Pumpkin Hill (Knuckles) and Space Colony A.R.K (Shadow)

OMG XMAS DAY HAS SONIC MUSIC UPDATE AND THAT IS ANGEL ISLAND FROM SONIC 3!!!

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
It HAS to be Green Hill Zone. Whenever someone thinks Sonic, naturally, one would think, Green Hill Zone.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Well for some reason i can see 4 sonic PCs' Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Shadow... i can see for stages as Green Hill (sonic), Prison Island (Tails), Angel Island or Pumpkin Hill (Knuckles) and Space Colony A.R.K (Shadow)

OMG XMAS DAY HAS SONIC MUSIC UPDATE AND THAT IS ANGEL ISLAND FROM SONIC 3!!!
Dude. We arent getting more than ONE Sonic character...

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
With the recent release of Angel island music.. Maybe that would be the stage. You go through angel island.

Of course there would be stage hazards. Such an knuckles, who was known for pulling traps on intruders leading them to new parts of the island.

kuroi-furan

Smash Rookie
I know I'll be contradicting myself but it's ok right? Some people have said that they can't hace S.C.ARK because that's shadows place thing, and I said 'well who cares, it's about the franchise, not the character. as long as it's sonic's franchise they can include whatever they want!'. But now that they released some info on angel music, I COULD imagine an Angel Island stage, not too simple, not too complex, maybe some fire coming up (as seen in DX). Chaos making random appearances n the background, along with the Eggman Carrier thing for that game.

This is what I think it should look like, inspired in the DX remake for the gamcube (Dreamcast original i think)

The front two pillars are destructible, and the emeralds are throwable items. edges (you can see them. There are those puddles where the chao played in. Everything else is background, the you see chaos come in and set it up in fire and take the master emerald, then knuckles comes and puts everything back. And then you hear the music they just realeased.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be best if it were based off the one from Sonic 3, but the Adventure one would work too.

This update makes me want to play Sonic 3 all over again ;_;

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice

From todays update, im now all for an angel island stage. My idea is that they keep to the lovely 16 bit look, and after a while the first sub-boss you meet in the game floats down and turns the place into an inferno.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The "Sonic Stage" shown in the Sonic Appears video does KINDA look like Angel islands environment...

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think Green Hill Zone, it's always a stage you unlock in most Sonic games. Angel Island could be a stage, but Sakurai's just using music he likes for stages or music the fits in with stages. This is like saying Oh, Ridley's got a music calling him a boss, he must be a boss. Oh, the music's called Angel Island, the Sonic stage must be Angel Island. <_<

cswright

Smash Apprentice
well from the way i understood the sonic music post, it said that this angel island remix as well as the original song from the game for that area would be included in the game -- seems to me that with two Angel songs its a really good possibility, why would he go to something else as the stage? ...Unless there are a LOT more songs available as options than anyone anticipated.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Wow, I Underestimated Sakauri. Maybe we won't get Green Hill Zone, maybe it will be Angel Island instead. Well I guess that Shadow Moses isn't Snake's 1st stage either...

finalark

SNORLAX
Eh, Sakarai seems somewhat unpredictable, somewhat.

And cruel. Come on, Sonic's Final Smash on Christmas day? That's cold Sakarai, cold...

Top Bottom