• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

Smash Legend
only 64 friends? hrm...I have 65. I guess the b!+ch goes, eh, she shouldn't really be on it anyway, It's not on the route between the kitchen and the bedroom so she has no right to be anywhere near it.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
its been said billions of times and I'll say it again.

Anyone who is actually GOOD at super smash brothers has no right playing brawl.

Brawl is slow, boring, and for people who probobly have never invested any time in Melee.

--MOP
that is complete bull $#!t dude...how dare u say i dont have the right to play Brawl. I may not be Great like alot of other players but I DEFINITELY Hold out on my own...oh and for the record...I love Brawl and it is not for people who have never invested anytime in Melee because Truth be told...I played Melee for least 6 years...and trust me...that was one game i never stopped playing...until Brawl cam out...in other words I played Melee longer than Brawl...thus proving yur point void...(^^)v

Corigames

Smash Hero
So because one person who isn't known for anything in Melee, just joined for Brawl's announcement, and currently playing Brawl and also not getting known for anything, you have disproved his point that GOOD players of Melee shouldn't play Brawl?

Ok...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Phoenix Wright didn't make it in...
But then neither did Megaman, so OH WHELLS >_>

(Thought I'd vent)

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
So because one person who isn't known for anything in Melee, just joined for Brawl's announcement, and currently playing Brawl and also not getting known for anything, you have disproved his point that GOOD players of Melee shouldn't play Brawl?

Ok...
no i just said that his theory on how Brawl is only for people who have not invested any time in Melee was incorrect senor....the one quote he said that Good player players of Melee who dont deserve to play Brawl ( dont see why they shouldnt) I havent really said any thing about that yet being disproven....also i didnt mention anything about someone being not for anything in Melee....in your words at least senor (^^)v

Tallon4

Smash Rookie
Online multi player. Every other online game on the Wii is pretty much lag free. So Sora said, "Let's be rebels and just make it laggy as all hell!!"

Although there is probably some other technical reason behind it. Whatever.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
All this time I thought my WFC just sucked... It's in the basement, and our internet's not great, so I figured that's why all my Brawls had intense lag.

Nope. It's Brawl.

Got around to trying the WiFi on Mario Strikers Charged today. 4 star connection. No lag whatsoever. A couple of brief freeze-ups here and there, but nothing that wasn't manageable.

And all this time I thought I was causing lag for those who played with me...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
'HELP ME CHOOSE A MAIN'

'SHOULD I STICK WITH BRAWL, OR GO BACK TO MELEE'

^ Threads like these are doing my head in. Every other thread seems to be a variation of these two. Can't people make decisions on their own at all? No, they'd rather get opinions from people who have no idea of the OP's playstyle or personal perferences and then use that advice to choose a main.

Seriously, if you can't choose a main on your own, what's next?

A 'What should I wear today' thread?

pacha

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeLiwanyanoNika
3DS FC
0877-2647-5564
I discovered annoyingly the other day that it is no longer possible to stop a Pikachu thunder jolt with a thunder jolt. They're like waves in water they go right through each other. In addition when used in the air go down alot faster which has gotten me into many an embarrassing situation.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
it really pisses me of thatyou have to hit the computer a million times for them to drop the dragoon pieces but they poke you and you drop 2 of them
so am i...BUT I found out the reason why though....it's because of score ranking in Brawl....the more points u have in match...the easier it is to knock Dragoon pieces from you, where as if u have the lowest amount of points, the harder it is to for u to dropt Dragoon pieces. so basically it balances things out

1st place = dropping pieces frequently
last placc: u'll rarely drop it

this rule also applies to smash balls as well. hope this helped senor/senora (^^)V

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
At Digimonkey: No, I don't think so because on the controller options, you have to set it for the names you have registered in brawl, and names aren't set to specific chars and since not all chars have infinite A combos, that wouldn't work.

Everyone has really hated tripping, and could one of you guys clarify: is it where you try to roll and you fall on your face or something else, b/c if that is what it is, it's very annoying!

funky squidjet

Smash Rookie
Tripping sucks so much. Seriously, who would put a mechanic in a game where not only do you fall on your face, you also get totally ***** while ur lying down.

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
whenever im on classic, if im fighting two charaters at the same time, but i have a partner, then my partner dies at the beggining! it pisses me off!

squall1

Smash Rookie
What the **** is up with tripping? when the game gives u an item for trippping opponents any way? Tripping has cost me a couuple matches because you are stunned for about a sec and during that time u can be hit with no way to defend yourself. I wouldnt be mad if it was my fault and i fell on a banana peel but i never do that tripping should not be random or in the game at all

themastaofbrawl64

Smash Cadet
I personally only have 2 complaints about Brawl so far. The first is the lack of alternate costumes, which I think was a very highly requsted feature....
I don't know if someone covered this yet, but yes you can change the color of the character, and a good amount of players have different costumes. AKA> :wario: who has regular wario and wario ware costumes.

sorry to sound meticulous

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I don't know if someone covered this yet, but yes you can change the color of the character, and a good amount of players have different costumes. AKA> :wario: who has regular wario and wario ware costumes.

sorry to sound meticulous
Durr. We all know all characters have alternate COLORS. But Wario is the only one with alt. costume AND color.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Hmmm.... some wifi lag and number of players. 50 characters would have been nice. xD

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
I have a few complaints. The most annoying being the fact that offline brawling with the computer is totally rigged. The computer only goes after you even when another computer has a higher stock count AND has more damage. Hell, I've been up in the air and have seen multiple times three computers literally just standing underneath me waiting to inflict damage. WITHOUT EVEN FIGHTING AMONGST THEMSELVES. And Final Smashes? Never have I ONCE seen a CPU Snake trying to hit another CPU, it only goes for me. Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Sonic and all the remaining 31 characters are the same. That irks me to no end.

Second, even when I go online, its lag city. I dont have time to wait 24561157612350 frames to execute an attack. No, just no. In addition to that, most of the people online don't even connect to brawl. They just taunt and crouch repeatedly. However, THAT is a different story ;]

Lastly, the inclusion of characters is hurrendous. I swear, I can name about ten characters that could have and should have been in Brawl. And thats right off the top of my head. This better not be the last installment, because there certainly does need to be a plethora of characters added. Iunno, maybe Sakurai was just saving them for the next installment.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
my complaints are the poor online quality and organization and tripping (really, who puts TRIPPING into a fighting game...its a gutpunch from sakurai xD)

OmegaSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Laggy Wi-Fi, tripping, no hit stun, tripping, C. Falcon nerfed to hell, tripping, lack of combos, tripping, Meta Knight, tripping, lack of speed, tripping, lack of L Cancel.

Oh, did I mention tripping?

Amide

Smash Lord
Tripping, hitstun, Snake, infinites. Just four things, just four things! That's all I ever wanted changed!

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
Mmmm, not to many big complaints. Brawl lived up to my expectations beautifully. Sure, there are a few things that could have been done better, but it's all really trivial stuff. I will agree with Panda and say that tripping was one of the stupidest ideas ever conceived in Brawl. Major WTF Sakurai. Rosterwise, Little Mac shouldn't have been an Assist Trophy, he should have been playable, and Mega Man should have been playable. Seriously though, I can live with it. Brawl's great. Currently my favorite game. It practically never leaves my Wii. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom