• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Heres my complaint!

Any moron who checks out a character who seems completely rigged automaticly mains him. And just for the fun of it, everyone always mains the best.

This annoys the FUDGE out of me.

djdoclon373

Smash Rookie
First off let me say this is a great game, but of course it is not perfect and I have my complaints....

I wanted more characters (megaman, tails, knuckles, more characters from f-zero or samus).

Pit is a *****...I mean does he really need two moves that reflect projectiles? come on...

some of the new characters have a 3rd jump that to me...is just too good. Guys like Rob and Sonic and Snake have a super high 3rd jump...and they can attack afterwards....that's just not fair for guys like Wario whose 3rd jump isn't that good (it's quite standard IMO).

Online play lags like a donkey....no fun

I do miss the spike-centered gameplay...I feel like the newer characters are harder to spike due to their awesome 3rd jumps

a lot of the new stages are just too much random ****....the summit is fun until u get rained on by icicles or a fish eats you or the low gravity kicks in....come on man I'm just tryin to fight!! Even the lip on the sides of FD really pisses me off....I get trapped under it like a noob each time lol

although I listed a few flaws, there are many improvements that make me love the game (kirby and DK kick *** now....hell yea!). I love how u can grab a ledge that is behind you...or air dodge in open space doesn't mean certain death anymore...great!

mahBOl

Smash Rookie
i have a rant about chuck norras un bruwl!!!111 i tank ah wud ba' butter iffa' wiz dem' ol' mudkipz. madkupz are em' dare purty n' caut. em k? gat d' del'?

AK42_METAKNIGHT

Smash Cadet
1. i hate the fact that there were way too many nerfs of old favs from melee.
2. i hate the fact that half the characters seem to move in slow motion now.
3. i hate the removal of L-cancelling and wavedashing and other aspects that made the game more competitive and exciting to watch.
4. i hate the ridiculously easy unlocks of all the characters. if your going to have an in-depth game with loads of unlockables, make the unlocks, 1 of a kind and make them take true skill and practice to unlock, not just oh play brawl a few times and everyone falls in your lap.
5. i hate the relatively small character roster considering the amount of characters that could/should have been included in the game.
6. i hate the lack of alternate costumes. especially in the area of Samus. i would drop everyone and play as no one but samus just out of pure excitement if they had included her echoes light suit. and link could have had some super special awesome costumes from TP like the Zora armor and Magic armor. but no disappointed again.
7. i hate the floatiness of brawl and thus the increased amount of time each kill takes. it went from almost an art in killing in melee to oh wow....you should have died.... i am gonna go grab a beer see you guys in a bit..... wow ur still floating off stage....wake me up when you recover.... wow there you are on the stage again...repeat...zzzzZZZZzzzzZZZzz
8. all the other things i hate but can't think of right now.

even in spite of all the things i hate about brawl, it is still smash bros and it still kicks *** and i love it i don't know how, any other game that has this many flaws i would have dropped almost immediately but i still can't stop playing brawl.

sigmapandemonium

Smash Rookie
I still like brawl and i want to go pro, however there are various time where i miss the l cancel. It made perfect sense. And why in the world do i always slip. And also those of u who claim that this game is crappy because it doesnt have various glitches to use as melee did, u need to calm down. Realize that brawl and melee are 2 differnt games. Find a new style and play with it, it isnt that hard. ANd once again, slipping is the dumbest thing ever

Jb14

Smash Rookie
A Few Complaints:

1. I miss Shffling, although I know that's not an understandable complaint

2. The terrible LAG during Online Play !

3. What's up with the random tripping ?

Overall I'm more on the optimistic side, though, so hopefully in the next couple years we'll find some glitches in Brawl that'll be to our advantage : p

NukeA6

Smash Master
Tripping sucks. I start All-Star mode with Solid Snake and as soon as I make the first move, BAM! Snake falls on his face.

TyloTP

Smash Cadet
My main complaint is that the majority of the people submitting comments need to SHUT UP AND LEAVE EVERYONE ALONE.

TAKE YOUR ISSUES TO YOUR MOM WHEN YOU CUDDLE AT NIGHT!!!! LEAVE THE REST OF THE FREAKIN' WORLD IN PEACE!!!! SERIOUSLY, ALL I'VE GOTTEN SINCE I REGISTERED WAS A BUNCH OF PMSING FREAKS WHO NEED TO TAKE THEIR LITTLE IDIOTIC COMMENTS AND SHOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Can I complain about the Brawl boards?

TyloTP

Smash Cadet
Oh and to all Mods out there. You had a potential customer for the Premium Membership. But honestly, why doI need to go and sign up for a forum site that has so many idiots. (Excuse my language) Congrats all! You've gotten rid of TyloTP for good!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Tripping. It should not happen ever. You don't need to implement it to "balance" the game. THe improved handicap system, character tweaks and certain stages already take care of that. This adds an unecessary layer of luck that can screw you over since tripping doesn't give you ANY invincibility frames and you can't tech out of it. I lost an early tournament match because of tripping so you won't have any idea how I fell until it happens to you. If there was an AR code to disable tripping, I would use it. Always.
To sum it up, tripping is the worst game design choice since...

What makes it even worse is that Sakurai had about 2 years to figure out how bad tripping is as a design choice, while Worshaw had only 6 weeks to make that abombination. The more tripping screws me over, the more it makes me want to play something else.

Dime

Smash Journeyman
I wish more people used this thread. The general brawl discussion page is now filled with threads about why brawl sucks and that it will fail bla bla bla. I respect the opinion of well known tournament players, but I wish their complaints were expressed here instead up cluttering up the boards. Maybe the “General Brawl Discussion” should be changed “Brawl Hater Discussion” It’s a better description of the types of threads found here. I joined these boards hoping to find fellow fans of this new smash game. I guess my thinking was way off the mark. Anyone know of a good Smash message board where its members actually like brawl and don’t run around like chicken little claiming that the sky is falling and the end is near?

I hope this is just a passing phase and things will calm down soon.

Chester the nate-dog

Smash Rookie
Complaints
well...

First off there were the delays, those were no fun.

Mewtwo was cut, I kinda liked him

Some characters that I hoped would be in didn't make it, such as Krystal and Earthworm Jim (even though i knew he wouldn't make it)

I was also disapointed at the lack of references to Super Mario Galaxy and Pheonix Wright.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Complaints
well...

First off there were the delays, those were no fun.

Mewtwo was cut, I kinda liked him

Some characters that I hoped would be in didn't make it, such as Krystal and Earthworm Jim (even though i knew he wouldn't make it)

I was also disapointed at the lack of references to Super Mario Galaxy and Pheonix Wright.
Phoenix Wright is Capcom property. There has been no reference to Resident Evil, Megaman, Devil May Cry, or anything with Capcom on it.

linkskillsKILLS

Smash Cadet
Yes! Time to Vent! Ok, I spent a few days playing brawl with my friends who i played melee with hardcore before brawl, and we came to the realization that brawl will never be as hardcore as melee.

Tripping = Complete lack of logic. This makes no sense to be in any fighting game, what is the point of random failure...this is not WOW or any RPG of any kind for that matter.

Speed = Snail... Melee was fast, Lighting fast compared to brawl. After making the switch to Brawl i felt so limited by the lack of speed, it left less room for original combos, mind games, and most importantly fun!

L-Cancel = none. i was livid when i found out there was no way to speed up the game's lag animations. It is very common to hear (which in this case means it's true) someone say Brawl is for the casual gamer (noobs). Without the awesome techniques that made melee so competative brawl seems very dull, and shallow.

Change = Bad. At least in the case of brawl the overall floatiness of the physics contributes to the llllloooonnnnggg matches, slow pace and boringness of watching and playing the game. Characters are far from balanced. Due to the lack of advanced techs, and slow pace, noobish spamming tactics are the most efficient ways of winning (spam f-smash and projectile with Wolf, or bow with pit, ect.).

Recovery = Way to easy! Some characters can just fly back (super Lame)! Spiking is harder and more predicable (thanks to the speed and gravity). All the characters seem to recovery easily, except for Link (thanks Sora).

Stages = Suck. I like simple neutral stages, that being said there are very few in my mind that fit. What happend to the original smash stages? They couldn't bring even one back? O well i guess i will have to make my own...o wait the stage builder is too vapid to build stages the way I truly want!

Overall Brawl feels like a step down from melee, other than the fact that it has more useless crap that provides no change to the fun factor of the game. Brawl has more characters, stages, and single player modes than melee, But i played melee for hardcore fighting, and I wanted to do the same for Brawl, but at the end of the day "Brawl is just not as fun as Melee"! Thats my opinion.

squall1

Smash Rookie
SSBB is a good game how wver like all good games there are bad parts.

1. People must have started caring less about the pokemon that are in the pokeballs. I liked all the choices u could get in melee there was a ton of pokemon. In Brawl there is only like 20 maybe? And all u ever get is goldeen, staryu, and bonsly. Tell me your not mad about that.

2. If Marth is back y not roy? I think everyone likes Ike but what if marth was gone and got someone like Ephraihm with his lance or how bout Hector as a lord and final smash be great lord. Then they would have a new cast of characters.

3. Lucario? come on what a joke!! Before you can even use him he must have high damage and he as a character cannot withstand that much before u die.

4.List of character breakdown: Characters from mario series or related 6. Pokemon series:4 (but y jigglypuff). Kirby 3 Zelda 4. You get my point so y not spare some for sonic and snake. Like shadow and espically knuckles. grey fox or liquid snake from metal gear. samus in metroid fusion would also be fun instead of zero suit.

That is all i have for now
~Squall1~
Fire Emblem 2

yoda55

Smash Cadet
I'm kinda disappointed that ike replaced roy I think roy should've stayed.

squall1

Smash Rookie
nah marth and roy were too similar in melee atleast in this game character's moves are somewhat different. I think characters from fire emblem should be in the game Hector espically

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hate the new handicap system. In melee I'd make a team of 3 [me and 2 cpus] vs a computer at level 9 handicap with us at about 3 and we would die unless we comboed the hell of out the enemy to keep him from attacking. Now damage % is just higher than usual, talk about useless.

I hate how long All-star mode takes to beat, couldn't they have stuffed some of those characters together? Half of the time I'm in a 1vs1 and it ends up making the entire mode take longer.

joshuathedrummer

Smash Rookie
SSBB is a good game how wver like all good games there are bad parts.

1. People must have started caring less about the pokemon that are in the pokeballs. I liked all the choices u could get in melee there was a ton of pokemon. In Brawl there is only like 20 maybe? And all u ever get is goldeen, staryu, and bonsly. Tell me your not mad about that.

2. If Marth is back y not roy? I think everyone likes Ike but what if marth was gone and got someone like Ephraihm with his lance or how bout Hector as a lord and final smash be great lord. Then they would have a new cast of characters.

3. Lucario? come on what a joke!! Before you can even use him he must have high damage and he as a character cannot withstand that much before u die.

4.List of character breakdown: Characters from mario series or related 6. Pokemon series:4 (but y jigglypuff). Kirby 3 Zelda 4. You get my point so y not spare some for sonic and snake. Like shadow and espically knuckles. grey fox or liquid snake from metal gear. samus in metroid fusion would also be fun instead of zero suit.

That is all i have for now
~Squall1~
Fire Emblem 2
good point, i agree

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
But i played melee for hardcore fighting,
Smash Bros. was never made intended to be a hardcore fighting game. Otherwise Sakurai wouldn't have focused on the casual players, especially this time around. If you want to be a big boy, go play Tekken, Street Fighter, or Dead or Alive.

cranmerjon

Smash Rookie
SSBM is better than SSBB.

No more WAVE DASHING
No more AIR DODGE MANEUVERING
No more L-CANCELING
Every character IS SLOWER
Every character IS FLOATY FLOATY
Every character LESS CHALLENGING FOR THE FINGERS

Now yes, the levels are beautiful, the movement is more realistic, the soundtrack is effing AWESOME, and the new characters are charming, but the hardcore intense battles, the real heart racers, the sweat creating battles that were produced from the speed and talented finger work that came with SSBM is simply lacking in SSBB. It's competitiveness is much weaker. It's a ton of fun to play. TON OF FUN! But unfortunately, fun is all it really is, nothing more. :ohwell:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Just tried online mode yesterday. The lag is evil. It takes 20 seconds for 3 seconds to pass by.

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
This doesn't really fit as a complaint, but after seeing the smiley, on the thread I think that this may be a good place as any to post this.
I just got a wii.
[:D]
Now I have to set it up. I got everything plugged in and all, but when it tells me to select a language, [I got past the "press A to continue" thing] none of the buttons work. I've tried everything on both the nunchuck and the remote and a gc controller I have, but the thing won't respond to anything [I want to select english]. Any non-techno-impaired people willing to help here? I'll post this somewhere else, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom