• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS OFFICIAL SMASH BROS 4 3DS TOURNAMENT Today! NEED STREAMER ASAP!

What day would this tourney work best for you?

• October 3rd

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • October 4th

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • October 11th

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiondrick

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1650-3088-1736
Say Norris, what does moderating the Challonge and Radicall page entails? Because I could do it, but I'm worried I would be to occupied with playing in the actual tournament. Depending on how you answer, I would consider it.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I would also be interested in moderating. I have very little experience with Raidcall, though, so I would prefer to moderate Challonge if you still need mods.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Say Norris, what does moderating the Challonge and Radicall page entails? Because I could do it, but I'm worried I would be to occupied with playing in the actual tournament. Depending on how you answer, I would consider it.
Same here, though I am not in the tournament and I am not sure how busy I am yet on Oct 11th.

D

Deleted member 245254

I have a 3DS capable of streaming but not sure how useful of a competitor I would be from Japan when you have a tournament full of competitors in NA. Let me know.

Kiondrick

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1650-3088-1736
Ah, I see. I could do the Challonge one definitely. I actually have experience there. I made a few unofficial tourney's of my own. I can take the job.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
I have a 3DS capable of streaming but not sure how useful of a competitor I would be from Japan when you have a tournament full of competitors in NA. Let me know.
Apparently, your connection depends on your internet alone. The servers only do the matchmaking, or at least, that's what I've been told. Your 3DS being Japanese will have no bearing on your connection, so long as your internet doesn't suck.

響「Hibiki」

Smash Cadet
Apparently, your connection depends on your internet alone. The servers only do the matchmaking, or at least, that's what I've been told. Your 3DS being Japanese will have no bearing on your connection, so long as your internet doesn't suck.
No like, he is physically in Japan, that will obviously have an influence on connectivity.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
No like, he is physically in Japan, that will obviously have an influence on connectivity.
That doesn't make a difference, either. People on streams have, on average, had better connections from California to Japan than from California to California. My prior post still stands.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well....it seems I've been given power over the brackets. I'm more then obliged to handle it on the day of the tourney.
xD I suppose I could also take requests when it comes to who wants to face who first...

Kiondrick

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1650-3088-1736
Well....it seems I've been given power over the brackets. I'm more then obliged to handle it on the day of the tourney.
xD I suppose I could also take requests when it comes to who wants to face who first...
Nah, I'd prefer to keep the brackets random. It's much more exciting that way to me.

響「Hibiki」

Smash Cadet
Can we at least expect a bit of professionalism on this? Randomize brackets, anything else is sketchy.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Nah, I'd prefer to keep the brackets random. It's much more exciting that way to me.
Can we at least expect a bit of professionalism on this? Randomize brackets, anything else is sketchy.
I was honestly waiting to see what people had to say regarding what I said. I wasn't going to change anything unless a huge majority actually wanted me to.
No worries guys. :smash:
And wait...wait, wait, wait....Hibiki, are you implying that this tournament isn't being handled professionally as it is?

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Aw the tournament is full? Thats too bad I was hoping to get in on this D:
There is always next time. :)
I agree, which is why I have indeed randomized the. SURPRISE everyone (I was actually going to do this earlier, but I wanted to make sure people on the brackets were concrete before randomizing them.
But please, quit being so salty. We are just all tring to have some fun.

Last edited:

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
There is always next time. :)

I agree, which is why I have indeed randomized the. SURPRISE everyone (I was actually going to do this earlier, but I wanted to make sure people on the brackets were concrete before randomizing them.
But please, quit being so salty. We are just all tring to have some fun.
Fun is much better when lightly seasoned with salt

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
First, I want to say thanks very much for all the info you had given out pre-release, and than you for answering some of my own questions even. :)
About the stream specifically, I assume you have seen how local tournaments do the streams? If there is no spectator mode for friends online you could do it the same way.
The connectivity would not be as important since it would just be the losers' bracket. All that is really required, if you can, is to have it recorded and downloaded by others (I plan on doing something special with all the footage)
The tourney would probably take about 4-6 hours at most, and you wouldn't be required to stream every single loser;s bracket match. Take that as you will. If you would like to stream it, just PM me for more details!
Again, thanks for everything!

D

Deleted member 245254

First, I want to say thanks very much for all the info you had given out pre-release, and than you for answering some of my own questions even. :)
About the stream specifically, I assume you have seen how local tournaments do the streams? If there is no spectator mode for friends online you could do it the same way.
The connectivity would not be as important since it would just be the losers' bracket. All that is really required, if you can, is to have it recorded and downloaded by others (I plan on doing something special with all the footage)
The tourney would probably take about 4-6 hours at most, and you wouldn't be required to stream every single loser;s bracket match. Take that as you will. If you would like to stream it, just PM me for more details!
Again, thanks for everything!
I would not mind streaming it as long as my involvement doesn't create lag for the competitors. Again my only concern is the fact that I'm in Japan and the competitors are in the US.

Cloudx128

Smash Cadet
NNID
CloudX128
3DS FC
2509-1803-0127
Maybe you could try it out with a couple members in the tournament a few days before the tourney and see how the lag is?

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I would not mind streaming it as long as my involvement doesn't create lag for the competitors. Again my only concern is the fact that I'm in Japan and the competitors are in the US.
I'll be playing from Hawaii, which shouldn't be too much further from the other players than Japan, hopefully neither of us will be a problem.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Is there any possibility that we could test this sometime next week, after the NA release?

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
no problem :cool: cool

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Are there going to be YouTube uploads?
Yep! @ThomasTerminatorOfficial I believe will be uploading the stream to youtube!
Yeah just give me a time and I'll let you know if it's possible!
Alright! I am pretty busy next weekend, but I may be able to try it out Sunday afternoon, October 5. :)
So why exactly does the bracket keep changing?
it was randomized because peopel were complaining about it not being randomized.
Just trying to keep everyone as happy as possible. These will be the stable bracket from now on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom