• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS OFFICIAL SMASH BROS 4 3DS TOURNAMENT Today! NEED STREAMER ASAP!

What day would this tourney work best for you?

• October 3rd

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • October 4th

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • October 11th

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Wait... that means that 16 characters out of 48 are left, right? We can add half a bracket to the current line-up and still keep those diverse characters, right? Or am I mistaken?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Wait... that means that 16 characters out of 48 are left, right? We can add half a bracket to the current line-up and still keep those diverse characters, right? Or am I mistaken?
We could.
But that choice falls upon Norris to make. Also- the people who get to choose would be the ones who were closest to making it on into the tournament.

Last edited:

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
We could.
But that choice falls upon Norris to make. Also- the people who get to choose would be the ones who were closest to making it on into the tournament.
Well, I'm the ninth in line, but that doesn't really matter to me. I mean, those characters are practically begging to be used. Don't let poor, manic-depressed Luigi alone! He uses Fire and Ice Flowers to IcyHot himself every day!

Wait, that actually isn't too bad...

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
@ Jexulus Jexulus I would love to add you guys in, but here is why I want to limit it to 36 people:
A) time restraints. This tournament will begin in the afternoon, and it will also be streamed. The problem about this is that the tourney could potentially be over 8 hours long with just this bracket. More people would mean more time.
B) more arguing. There would be potential fights about why some people were added while others were not. I do not want any more complaining since this is meant to be a fun time for the community.

I will say this: If you are not able to participate in this tournament, and you signed up for this one, then you will be reserved for the next one. :)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@ Jexulus Jexulus I would love to add you guys in, but here is why I want to limit it to 36 people:
A) time restraints. This tournament will begin in the afternoon, and it will also be streamed. The problem about this is that the tourney could potentially be over 8 hours long with just this bracket. More people would mean more time.
B) more arguing. There would be potential fights about why some people were added while others were not. I do not want any more complaining since this is meant to be a fun time for the community.

I will say this: If you are not able to participate in this tournament, and you signed up for this one, then you will be reserved for the next one. :)
Thanks for clearing things up. <3

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Alrighty then. I'm A-OK with that, especially since streaming is going to make it go a lot slower anyway. I appreciate the timely and sensible answer.

But dibbs in the next tourney? Ballin'

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Alrighty then. I'm A-OK with that, especially since streaming is going to make it go a lot slower anyway. I appreciate the timely and sensible answer.

But dibbs in the next tourney? Ballin'
:D Yep. Speed and I are hoping to possibly make these monthly (or at least every other month) so it won't be too long of a wait!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@ThomasTerminator
er...
@ TTrain TTrain ...? (yeah...this is the right guy. lol)

...uh, anyways....I need everyone who is participating to give this guy their friendcode as he is the one who will be streaming. If we all do this, we will not need to give our friendcodes out to anyone else. It will save a lot of time and a lot of hassle.
That's all I ask. Thank you! And of course, thank you to Thomas.
*added to the first page*

Last edited:

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
Shoot me a PM and I'll gladly add you to my database of friend codes :)

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
@ThomasTerminator
er...
@ TTrain TTrain ...? (yeah...this is the right guy. lol)

...uh, anyways....I need everyone who is participating to give this guy their friendcode as he is the one who will be streaming. If we all do this, we will not need to give our friendcodes out to anyone else. It will save a lot of time and a lot of hassle.
That's all I ask. Thank you! And of course, thank you to Thomas.
*added to the first page*
Wait up on this. The stream would be too long if he streamed ever single match. We are moving too fast with this tournament. It is in more than two weeks. Slow down speed. ;)

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
I imagine that a number of people with change they're character when they get the game. (those waiting for US copy)

Memor3x

Smash Cadet
NNID
Memor3x
3DS FC
5086-3209-8758
How can I sign up as a reserve for future tourneys? My Challonge username is Memor3x.

Kiondrick

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1650-3088-1736
I imagine that a number of people with change they're character when they get the game. (those waiting for US copy)
I think I'll stick with Bowser. From what little I researched he has a lot of potential.

Ah, and it appears I'll be going against Mr. Falcon Punch himself...should I consider myself doomed? :C

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Nice. My first set is against @RascalTheCharizard for a good ol' Pokemon battle between Greninja and Charizard. Should be interesting.
Cool, I hope they'll be streaming that battle. I was originally going against Marth for a Fire Emblem battle, but it looks like things have been changed around.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
...although normally Greninja would outrun and OHKO Charizard with Hydro Pump.
But hey, this is Smash! <3
nah. Mega Charizard Y would bring in the sunlight, weakinging water attacks. Then it would retailiatte with Solar Beam since greninja would take most damage from it.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Just glad I managed to get my main somehow. Looks like me and Mister Eric will be training our butts off XD

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Just glad I managed to get my main somehow. Looks like me and Mister Eric will be training our butts off XD
haha congrats! I got stuck with y second pic, Mario! So, I have already had some pretty lengthy practice in. :D
I am pretty good with my air game, going for the forward throw to following up with the fireball-spike combo off stage.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
haha congrats! I got stuck with y second pic, Mario! So, I have already had some pretty lengthy practice in. :D
I am pretty good with my air game, going for the forward throw to following up with the fireball-spike combo off stage.
Don't spoil too much now, I'll see you in round 3!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
nah. Mega Charizard Y would bring in the sunlight, weakinging water attacks. Then it would retailiatte with Solar Beam since greninja would take most damage from it.
AH! This is true. However....we're talking about Charizard X in Smash4...which can't even be activated without a Smash Ball. And since all items are turned off....:smash:
Maybe we should allow Smash Balls to be on...? :chuckle:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
AH! This is true. However....we're talking about Charizard X in Smash4...which can't even be activated without a Smash Ball. And since all items are turned off....:smash:
okay okay, fair enough :p

Haha this is so much better without all of the craziness of yesterday. Now, it is time to relax and discuss!

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330
I would love that

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
sorry, but for this tournament, $30 in eshop money is on the line. I don't want angry people getting angry.
Perhaps we should allow the Smash Ball in my tournament after this one...?
It would certainly spice things up a bit....:chuckle:

Too bad a few of the Smash Balls are OP while others are terrible.
If ythey were actually balanced, I wouldn't mind this idea for this tourney. You can put your tourney if want though :p
was I just....:4greninja:'d....?! XD

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Perhaps we should allow the Smash Ball in my tournament after this one...?
It would certainly spice things up a bit....:chuckle:

was I just....:4greninja:'d....?! XD
Of course you were. You may be fast, but nothing outspeeds Captain Norris; a morph of Captain Falcon and Chuck Norris!
Originally that was my original name, but I accidently clicked okay witht he typo addded in. I wish there was a way to get rid of tat stupid "a".

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Of course you were. You may be fast, but nothing outspeeds Captain Norris; a morph of Captain Falcon and Chuck Norris!
Originally that was my original name, but I accidently clicked okay witht he typo addded in. I wish there was a way to get rid of tat stupid "a".
You could always go premium and change it. :3 Its only $3.00 for 1 month.
...other then that, don't know what to tell you regarding the "a" lol

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
You could always go premium and change it. :3 Its only $3.00 for 1 month.
...other then that, don't know what to tell you regarding the "a" lol
shh! One must not know that it was a typo on my part! It was all purposeful, obviously! :teeth:
Someone up higher in the SmashBoards listings couldn't change by chance, could the? It isn't too big of a deal if they can't. I'll live Just barely.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
shh! One must not know that it was a typo on my part! It was all purposeful, obviously! :teeth:
Someone up higher in the SmashBoards listings couldn't change by chance, could the? It isn't too big of a deal if they can't. I'll live Just barely.
You'll have to ask them... xD they might fix something silly like that....
Or they might just laugh at you...:smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom