• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Samus Support Thread [Happy now?]

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I lol'd for ages at that XD.

Anywho, the electric bombs, although cooler, don't have a fiery explosion like the disc bombs do. So would they electrocute you and knock you away like Fox's Shine?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
That was kind of a lame final smash... I was hoping for a power bomb or something, but not a huge charge shot. :(

Ahh well, I'll just turn final smashes off and pretend it never happened.

Next update:

"Final Smashes are not Items, and Cannot be Turned Off"

*goes to the basement to hang self*

Nigguh-witta-attitude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwameKamikaze
If that really is the only way and it turns out that the special is an item(which it pretty much looks like) i doubt we'll see Zero suit in tournaments.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I honestly, truly think people are entirely wrong about final smashes. I don't think they will be banned from tournaments. Indeed, I highly doubt we'll even have that option. Sakurai came up with a new move. People didn't ban Fox's shine from tournaments, why should they ban this, since it is just another move?? I don't get it.

Sakurai said they could only be done once, and now I'm starting to fully realize what that means. I'm thinking there will be one per match or one per character per match, and it will be something special. I don't know why people hate them so much anyway. Just wait and see...the game will come out and everyone will love them.

Again, just like with everything else, I fully trust Sakurai to come through on this.

Caael

Smash Lord
Woo! Samus! Samus rules. But not enough that she outshines Ridley.

If you can only get on FS per match, then there wouldn't be any point in including Zamus, because you would hardly get to be her. So there will be another way, trust me.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Woo! Samus! Samus rules. But not enough that she outshines Ridley.

If you can only get on FS per match, then there wouldn't be any point in including Zamus, because you would hardly get to be her. So there will be another way, trust me.
Maybe so, but I don't want her to be a separate character. That would be dumb. They are the same person.

JPW

Smash Ace
Sakurai did always say though that Zamus can only be playable under certain conditions.

He never once revealed Zamus as a character, all we had to show that were trailers.

I don't see what the big problem is I reckon Zamus will be a pretty good advantage and the fact that Zamus can only come by a final smash makes Samus herself even more unique.

Sakurai knows what he's doing and i'm pretty sure most of us will adapt. After all it is Smash Bros. And even though this looks like a drawback it will grow on you.
You really shouldn't let it get you down.

Caael

Smash Lord
Maybe so, but I don't want her to be a separate character. That would be dumb. They are the same person.
I'm not saying ' SHES BIN CONFIRMED TO BE BACON CHARA SO SHES OBVIOUSLY PLAYABLE'

I said there's going to be like a holding down A thing at the start of the match, because making her playable by final smash is like programming Ridley as a boss, and not making him playable. It's dumb.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
But wait, if you did do something like that at the beginning of the match, how can you go back to Samus with the suit?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Wow, I didn't want to believe it, what a waste of time.

First, the way it seems is that Sakurai is going for quality and not quantity with characters. Fine. But the only way I would agree to this ZSamus thing is if there were a lot of other characters.

Second, if he's only making X number of characters, and that number is relatively small, why is he wasting time on a character you will barely ever see? I'm sure if you're lucky you can pull ZSamus out in the first half of the match, again, if you're lucky. Not even considering if you don't get the Final Smash until the last few minutes of the match.

It just doesn't make sense to spend all that time, energy, and resources on a character that, whether the character is the most popular or the least, will be hard to even get to.

"Yay! I get to play with a character for the last 2 minutes of this match! I'm sooooo glad Sakurai spent time on this and not on a character that can actually be used."

For the love of god, give us another way to get to ZSamus.

NOTE: In response to people saying have ZSamus as a separate character, because the separate character slots don't mean separate character, they mean "separate character SELECTION." So, that destroys the "same character BS" theory, any other reasons?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Did people REALLY want to see Zamus in the game this much? I'm pretty sure everyone was surprised to see her in the first trailer.

She much have a stronger following than I realized. /sarcasm

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Did people REALLY want to see Zamus in the game this much? I'm pretty sure everyone was surprised to see her in the first trailer.

You clearly didn't noticed half of my comments were in a general sense. We could be talking about Raccoon Mario for all I care. Generally, don't waste time on something that won't be used, it's common sense in business, and generally everything in life.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice

It's probably because they're going to replace shiek and I can almost gurantee that zero suit samus is pretty much shiek but sexier. I reallyyyy hope that samus isn't stuck in z-suit samus after the using the final smash the rest of the match. Seriously, that would suck...why would somebody select samus at the character select screen only to gamble on MAYBE getting zamus during the match? I wanna play with samus, not a shiek wanna-be. We can only pray to God that this isn't a permanent feature and that they'll update the game online in the future and throw out this unecessary transformation alltogether.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
It's probably because they're going to replace shiek and I can almost gurantee that zero suit samus is pretty much shiek but sexier. I reallyyyy hope that samus isn't stuck in z-suit samus after the using the final smash the rest of the match. Seriously, that would suck...why would somebody select samus at the character select screen only to gamble on MAYBE getting zamus during the match? I wanna play with samus, not a shiek wanna-be. We can only pray to God that this isn't a permanent feature and that they'll update the game online in the future and throw out this unecessary transformation alltogether.
Finally, someone I can agree with. Thank you Ganon V for speaking the truth. :)

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
I honestly, truly think people are entirely wrong about final smashes. I don't think they will be banned from tournaments. Indeed, I highly doubt we'll even have that option. Sakurai came up with a new move. People didn't ban Fox's shine from tournaments, why should they ban this, since it is just another move?? I don't get it.

Sakurai said they could only be done once, and now I'm starting to fully realize what that means. I'm thinking there will be one per match or one per character per match, and it will be something special. I don't know why people hate them so much anyway. Just wait and see...the game will come out and everyone will love them.

Again, just like with everything else, I fully trust Sakurai to come through on this.
"The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed."

Either way, it's going to be a lot easier for Fox and Falcon to get a smash ball than someone like Bowser or Donkey Kong (unless the ball appears right in front of their faces). So higher tier characters will get even more powerful!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
"The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed."

Either way, it's going to be a lot easier for Fox and Falcon to get a smash ball than someone like Bowser or Donkey Kong (unless the ball appears right in front of their faces). So higher tier characters will get even more powerful!
Says you. Sakurai is completely changing how characters play. And I have a quote for you: "Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around! To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you."

Also, while smash balls may be technically "items," Link's bombs and Peach's turnips are items, too. So, saying something is an "item" really doesn't mean/clarify anything.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Ok, just a thought on Final Smashes in general...

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.
Notice that this does NOT say "can be performed but once PER MATCH". I think it's far more realistic to assume that Sakurai means you can only perform a final smash one time for each time that you get a Smash Ball. In other words, once you pick up a Smash Ball, you only get to use the attack once, and don't get to do it again until you get ANOTHER Smash Ball.

Think about it. Say you play a stock 99 match (yes, I've actually done this ...), and you get a Smash Ball 3 minutes into the match. Do you really expect to have to play the entire rest of the match without one?

Or how about this scenario. You are in a 4 person FFA and you get the first Smash Ball. Now when the next one drops, is the game going to somehow prevent you from picking it up because you already had your "one Final Smash per match"? This just doesn't make sense at all. I think Sakurai's words are just being misinterpreted here and there is no "one Final Smash per character per match" limitation at all.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I dunno maxpower1227, the Final Smash's seem pretty darn powerful. Would be a little unfair if Fox and Falcon got the majority of them, leaving Bowser and DK in the dust, or in the dead zone to die, bcuz that's where they'll be. These things seem more powerful than Hammers, so there has to be some type of limit.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I'm thinking maybe Samus changes into Zamus temporarily. Only for that one stock. And maybe when you die she's normal Samus again..? Maybe guys..? That's what I hope...I'd hate to be screwed with having to play as Zamus for the rest of the match. What If I'm not as good with Zamus but I can **** with Samus...that would actually be bad for me. Dam we need more details on how this works cuz I'm confused.

AND for Maxpower. I agree with you. It wouldn't be too smart to have on smash ball per match, because in a 99 stock match it just wouldn't make sense.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I dunno maxpower1227, the Final Smash's seem pretty darn powerful. Would be a little unfair if Fox and Falcon got the majority of them, leaving Bowser and DK in the dust, or in the dead zone to die, bcuz that's where they'll be. These things seem more powerful than Hammers, so there has to be some type of limit.
Helloo...did you miss what I just said??

Says you. Sakurai is completely changing how characters play. And I have a quote for you: "Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around! To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you."

Also, while smash balls may be technically "items," Link's bombs and Peach's turnips are items, too. So, saying something is an "item" really doesn't mean/clarify anything.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Think about it. Say you play a stock 99 match (yes, I've actually done this ...), and you get a Smash Ball 3 minutes into the match. Do you really expect to have to play the entire rest of the match without one?
dude that would suck

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
They SEEM pretty darn powerful. They may not be.

Let's look at Mario's FS for instance. It's an inferno of fireballs that spread out vertically as they travel from him. They'll engulf the whole stage IF you release it from an optimal place. Now, we don't know how they activate. They might start to activate as soon as you grab the Smash Ball, giving you a second or two to get into position before it goes off. Or it may activate the next time you press the A button, and have a bit of chargeup time (think Falcon/Warlock Punch, PK Flash, etc), during which you are open for punishment by the other players. We also have no idea how much damage it does, though we can assume that it's a decent amount.

Also, we have yet to see Fox's or Falcon's FS, and they may not be as good as some of the others.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just so you know...Bombs have been seem...in one of the movies

BDAOutlaw

Smash Apprentice
Yah its definitely the color scheme but I want the suit itself :( like this.

One sec I got to find the image

Edit: ok found the image

Also does anybody have any game play shots of the Phazon Suit

RMR

Smash Apprentice
Why (Weird Fanboys) some people just support Zamus ? Samus is WAY cooler than Zamus can ever hope to be (wait, That was flaming and supporting Samus Aran at the same time. Weird) And yes, is Fusion Blue.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'll probably be going with Phazon Suit Samus. She's so bad *** in the Phazon suit. More than in the Light suit for sure.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
She looks like she's better now! I think Samus will be my new main (if Ness doesn't return). I really hope we'll be able to play as Samus without the forced transformation into Zamus. Personally, I'd rather just play as Samus the whole time. Grav and Phazon suits for me!

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Is this the Samus Discussion thread?

I really want to try out Samus now she just seems like she has gotten better
Super missiles look great

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC

What is Samus doing in this picture? It can't be her up smash... She's aiming upwards.

Top Bottom