• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Samus Support Thread [Happy now?]

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
is the prime picture a drawing? It looks like it. But anyways, theyre just different lighting, like super smash master said. But personally, brawl looks more 3D, and overall better. Lets just hope she keeps her suit and that she doesnt end up like zelda+sheik...

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
You guys are forgetting the 24 characters on Melee, What if they decide to bring them all back? We will have to wait so much longer for new Characters on Smashbros.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
is the prime picture a drawing? It looks like it. But anyways, theyre just different lighting, like super smash master said. But personally, brawl looks more 3D, and overall better. Lets just hope she keeps her suit and that she doesnt end up like zelda+sheik...
They are seperate, in the second video of brawl you see her down B. The last scene before they put up smash bros.

Takalth

Smash Ace
XSilvenX, I concede.

I didn't remember the glow around Samus's f-air until playing Melee again over the weekend (Maybe I'm just not observant enough). Looking at your comparison, you're right.

Now, to those who still think that the glow above link's sword is the sun, look at the glow's position compared to the pillars in the background. It was pointed out earlier, but the post seems to have been missed.

El HP

Smash Ace
And we have to remember, Metroid Prime was made in America, if I recall correctly. Japan couldn't care less about the Prime version of Samus. Besides, Prime is somewhat a darker game, it wouldn't fit with Brawl's cartoony mood. And that suit is way too bulky. So what it looks more realistic? Realism doesn't matter, otherwise...Wario wouldn't be in the game. HAVE YOU SEEN HIS NOSE?

I say the Brawl Samus looks better, anyway, not as big, shinier, smaller, sexier and...more lovable. Besides, the pic of her doing her f-air looks so ****in' real with the lighting.
By your logic nintendo shouldn't be using DK's design since it was made by rare a company outside japan.

Metroid is a mature series so what's the matter with making it more realistic? Brawl is getting a darker look Snake anyone? not to mention some of the stages like the one with the greek statues looks very dark.

Smash Bros is a game with multiple characters, Metroid Prime is a game with ONE main character. They're gonna spend more time making MP's design look alot cooler there since it's their main character, since Samus is just one character in Brawl they're not gonna go so far as to add all the tiny little perks that make her look as awesome as she does in her MP suit.
Why not? they made link look like in TP they even redesigned fox.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Japan doesn't like Metroid Prime, they like the 2 dimensional Metroids, that's why samus will never have the MP look in Smash. the end.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
OK...

A)
Both designs look exactly the same. o_O One just has different lighting. Why are people complaining?
The only differences are the visor, shoulders and very minor details. Why are people complaining?
What they said: There are only minor (if any) differences between the suits.

B) If you want the other Prime suits...there are costumes...so who knows?

They are seperate, in the second video of brawl you see her down B. The last scene before they put up smash bros.
Are you talking about when Zamus does the little leg down where she zips to the stage from the air in a Falcon's vB-esque manner? Hmm...I wonder if that is it...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
There was some debate over the second picture, and well, that's just her f-air, and the light by Link is the sun. Not Link's Up Smash, and definately not the WaveBeam.

I had one question: Do you guys think that Samus will use her "disc" bombs from Super Metroid? Or do you think she'll use the electric bombs from the Prime series?

Oh and is this supposed to be like the "official Samus support topic" or something?

El HP

Smash Ace
Japan doesn't like Metroid Prime, they like the 2 dimensional Metroids, that's why samus will never have the MP look in Smash. the end.
Who cares about japan Metroid is a game oriented to the western audience it has always sold well in this region, japan only buys jrpg and anime based games.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
America LIKES Metroid Prime becase it's FPS.
it's the same reason the US likes Xbox and Japan doesn't.
1) I hate first person shooters, and I love Prime.

2) I hate the XBox.

3) Prime ain't your average run-of-the-mill FPS (which is kind of why I like it).

4) Japanese fans WANT Ridley in Brawl (shows they have interest in the series).

5) I hate XBox.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Alot of this sounds ridiculous. They didn't go with the MP suit because Japan doesn't like MP...? Ridiculous. Out of all the practical reasons....lolmigod

the grim lizard

Smash Master

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
The helmet is the only difference. Other than that, they're the same. I think that her special moves update will prove that once and for all.

Disc Bombs=Super Metroid

Electric Bombs=Metroid Prime

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
*copies*
*pastes*

Why does everyone use that Prime screenshot? How about an actual screenshot from the gameplay??

It's the same
Same as Brawl
This isn't different from the Brawl suit either
Different from Brawl?...nope the same!
Guess what...They're the same as Brawl.

Wrong. They are ALL different...

1. The visor...
2. The black on the front.
3. The hole on the gun arm is smaller.
4. The things on the sides of her knees stick out a lot more.
5. Brawl's gun arm is lighter.
6. MP3 is a little more red in some spots.

Yeah, small differences, but they took the design and changed it for brawl. It still has the MP3 look though.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wrong. They are ALL different...

1. The visor...
2. The black on the front.
3. The hole on the gun arm is smaller.
4. The things on the sides of her knees stick out a lot more.
5. Brawl's gun arm is lighter.
6. MP3 is a little more red in some spots.

Yeah, small differences, but they took the design and changed it for brawl. It still has the MP3 look though.
Most of those things are speculation considering we've played neither game. And the things that we can tell are slightly different really are only minor details and don't take away from the fact that it is still essentially the MP suit. People claim that Link is TP Link...I could sit here and point out many minor details about how he is different (his face, his hair color, etc.), but people still generally accept that it is TP Link.

So...this is why I don't get the big fuss about "Why isn't her suit the Prime suit??"

And I know you said it's the same look...I'm just clarifying.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
@the grim lizard

I agree, it's the same concept for Fox, he has an almost completly new look for brawl. The point is, Brawl is a seperate title from any of it's occupants, so it makes scence for thier new looks.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Who really cares about the minor differences...give or take it's the Metroid Prime suit...with minor differences. Just the same as the Twilight Princess costume for Link.

Smady

Smash Master
Yaa. You can't expect any character to look exactly like they do in their games. With a character like Samus you also have to consider they may be rounding out her past appearances with her newest one. Even if they take most from the newest model, you have no idea what else motivates the designers.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I'm still hoping that MCing is still in Brawl *crosses fingers and bites lip*

Plus, I pray to god that Sakurai doesn't remove bomb jumping *prays*

And finally, I cannot express how pissed off I am that she losses her suit. Zamus is probably going to overshadow the other, and every tier ***** in the world is going to play as her. *sigh*

I'm terribly worried about how Samus is going to turn out in Brawl. She was one of the most balanced characters in Melee, so I hope they didn't change too much.

Oh, and I just wanted to ask:

Is the maker of this thread the same guy who posted this on youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PrxVXHXHVcc

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Samus is awesome! Especially her suit, her suit is awesome-looking!!! But enough about her suit...Samus and her moveset and that she can turn into Zams is awesome!

But not quite as awesome as Ridley...

EDIt: hey gypsy, Sakurai said she'd change into Zamus under certain conditions. That sounded to me like you didn't have a choice in the matter (i.e., you can't do it at will); so I'm thinking that it's something where you'll have to be good with both Samus and Zamus to play them...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
ZOMFG, someone to talk to! I'll try to get good as both, but I just want the regular Samus to still be the missile spamming, hard to kill, annoying b***h she was in Melee. Basically, I don't want Zamus to be the next Shiek, and I want Samus to remain fairly balanced.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I don't see Samus losing her bombs. I'm assuming they'd keep the bomb jump, too, seeing as it is directly from a game. I see her keeping all of her B-moves and the ZSS transformation being something you can't control.

I wonder if she will keep her disk bombs or if they will be more round or electric like in the Prime games...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I don't see Samus losing her bombs. I'm assuming they'd keep the bomb jump, too, seeing as it is directly from a game. I see her keeping all of her B-moves and the ZSS transformation being something you can't control.

I wonder if she will keep her disk bombs or if they will be more round or electric like in the Prime games...
That's what I said a long time ago.... but sadly I was ignored....

I like the disc bombs from Super Metroid, but I wouldn't mind if they changed them. Though, I can't see them being the electric ones, because then they wouldn't cause an explosion effect. Rather, they'd simply knock the opponent back instead of engulfing them in flames, as they do in Melee.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Samus suitin brawl is a combination from Super MEtroid and Metroid Prime, it's a new design.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I'm still hoping that MCing is still in Brawl *crosses fingers and bites lip*

Plus, I pray to god that Sakurai doesn't remove bomb jumping *prays*

And finally, I cannot express how pissed off I am that she losses her suit. Zamus is probably going to overshadow the other, and every tier ***** in the world is going to play as her. *sigh*

I'm terribly worried about how Samus is going to turn out in Brawl. She was one of the most balanced characters in Melee, so I hope they didn't change too much.

Oh, and I just wanted to ask:

Is the maker of this thread the same guy who posted this on youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PrxVXHXHVcc
Yah I'm the same guy. I'm awesome... I know this.

Oh and pertaining to the thread...

.....Samus rocks!!!!

Oh and I like the electric bombs better. They look so much cooler LOLOL

Top Bottom