• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Samus Stage Selection Guide!!!!! Check it out!!!

Watty

Smash Lord
I like to think I DI really well so I do not do easily so stadium having small sides is an advantage for me. My crew and I have practived DI's in almost all situtions so I for the most part wont mess up and like to think i can live to 130-140 on stadium, dreamland the skys the limit baby, and smaller stages juss 110-115ish. So small stages benefit me cause where people die fast I dont

Mars-

Smash Champion
I like to think I DI really well so I do not do easily so stadium having small sides is an advantage for me. My crew and I have practived DI's in almost all situtions so I for the most part wont mess up and like to think i can live to 130-140 on stadium, dreamland the skys the limit baby, and smaller stages juss 110-115ish. So small stages benefit me cause where people die fast I dont
Thats always nice to know...

Lol j/k watty. I like yoshi's story too, but not vs ever char.

hugQ Cortex

Master
I HATE Final Destination.

No platforms ruins Samus' screw attack strategy. Unless she's close to an edge. Which she can use to cancel the up-B lag.

I HATE Final Destination.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I am neutral to FD, just because one her best defense (^B) isn't as effective, doesn't mean missiles aren't good. Start Short Hop Fast Fall Missile Cancel'ing, most enemies cant do much.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I am neutral to FD, just because one her best defense (^B) isn't as effective, doesn't mean missiles aren't good. Start Short Hop Fast Fall Missile Cancel'ing, most enemies cant do much.
I have to disagree. Samus's missles are so hard to dodge on levels like Pokemon stadium and Yoshi's story because the level platforms help her shoot missles like 2 per secound. On FD you can't so the enemy gets way more time to come to you while dodgeing just a few amount of missles.
I am not saying missles suck on FD, i am just saying that they are not as good.

Should i add to the levels that her up-b cancels on some and not on others(as a + or -)?????

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
sorry for the double post.
But i need you guys help! am i right with the Up-b cancel only on FoD, and Yoshi's story???
You can't do it on BF, FD(duh), Kongo jungle, DL, and Pokemon Staduim, right?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
But with platforms, they can jump up higher. When they fall, they can air dodge to avoid it. But platforms do help, yes.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I don't usually lose to space animals unless they're much better than me, but I dropped a game against a Fox and Falco at a tournament this past weekend because of laser camping on FD. So yeah, that's my ban from now on, worth thinking about for any Samus.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
lol at thinking FD is a good samus stage. Good marth players won't let you touch the ground for a while after getting any kind of hit. SHL happy falco players will give you a fun time(though not impossible) while also stopping the missle spam you love so much. Pretty much any top tier character player that's good, except maybe foxes, will make you realize why this isn't a good samus stage.

Huhhhhhh..... lots of naive people in the samus forums these days

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
lol at thinking FD is a good samus stage. Good marth players won't let you touch the ground for a while after getting any kind of hit. SHL happy falco players will give you a fun time(though not impossible) while also stopping the missle spam you love so much. Pretty much any top tier character player that's good, except maybe foxes, will make you realize why this isn't a good samus stage.

Huhhhhhh..... lots of naive people in the samus forums these days
If you are talking about me:
IMO it is a "good" Samus level. Good means some levels are better but some are worse! Sure FD has its faults but Samus's recovery/missles/ lives long helps her win on this level. Besides this is not a guide for vs charactors, its just how well Samus on her own does...
Pretty insulting saying i am naive..........:ohwell:

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
...guess I wasn't clear. Stage selection really can't be based just off of what samus can do because a lot of times other players/characters can completely seal those movements like the ones I mentioned in my first post. FD is still not a terrible stage, but I wouldn't say it is good.

What I mean by naive is that a lot of people are lacking experience, hence the definition. I said a lot people, so I didn't mean just you. I'm also not saying I'm the most experienced person here because there are a lot of things that I still have to learn. But to base stage selection off of just what samus is capable of isn't going to help much when you play people who know how to use the stages to their advantage.

Anyway, please continue. This is just the philosophy I go by, so ignore it if you don't like it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If not naive, it's pretty shallow to believe you can pick stages based on how well Samus does on them on her own. For instance, Pokémon Stadium might have a relatively low ceiling, but if you're playing against, say, Falco, how much does that matter? A lot less than if you're playing against Fox. At the same time, Samus may do alright on Final Destination, but Falco REALLY enjoys FD as well. On Dream Land, Falco, though blessed with a decently-sized stage, won't be able to use the huge ceiling and sides to his advantage because of the poor recovery, but counterpicking it against Peach will give both of you a huge lifespan. See? Stage counterpicks are based around who you're up against almost as much as who your character is.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
If not naive, it's pretty shallow to believe you can pick stages based on how well Samus does on them on her own. For instance, Pokémon Stadium might have a relatively low ceiling, but if you're playing against, say, Falco, how much does that matter? A lot less than if you're playing against Fox. At the same time, Samus may do alright on Final Destination, but Falco REALLY enjoys FD as well. On Dream Land, Falco, though blessed with a decently-sized stage, won't be able to use the huge ceiling and sides to his advantage because of the poor recovery, but counterpicking it against Peach will give both of you a huge lifespan. See? Stage counterpicks are based around who you're up against almost as much as who your character is.
Yeah i know. You are 100% correct.
But you see if you have the knowledge of this guide(or if you already know it) then you can say: "Hey i know dreamland has a huge top so i should play that level agaist a Fox" or "Say, pokemon stadium agaist a Falco whould work quite well!" etc etc

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
REDRAGON. Do not pm me about your thread, I've seen it, I'll post in it if I have anything to say. I got excited by getting a pm thinking it was one of my friends getting a day off from work and wanting to smash, instead I seen your message, telling me to comment on it.

Well you got what you wanted, so please, don't ever pm me again about a thread, thank you sir.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Sorry thebluedeath. I was not trying to make you mad.....

Anyways, you guys all agree that when the level changes for Pokemon Stadium Samus does not do well, right??? Could be just me, but i want your guys input please!

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Darnit...that means that I have to learn it.=P Maybe not though, Aniki rarely even regular WDs, so perhaps it's not necessary. Then again, Aniki is alot better than me.
Learn wave dash, but the SWD is not that important in Samus play. At least not more important then the basics.

Note to all: I added alot to my Guide! Hope it helps people!!!!

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
On battlefield you can run and SH a weak missile and you will land on the platform after the missile comes out. Its just annoying since you have to run so you accumulate too much distance to do it repetatively.
True, but thats too situational and some will argue its usefulness.......
But good point anyway! :)

REDRAGON

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Darnit...that means that I have to learn it.=P Maybe not though, Aniki rarely even regular WDs, so perhaps it's not necessary. Then again, Aniki is alot better than me.
Trust me, its not worth it in a serious match. While it looks hella cool and its fun to play around with, I've found personally its just too easy to call (the 42? frames are more then enough time for your opponent to prepare after seeing you drop a bomb - even if you're throwing out non-SWD bombs to fake 'em out). There's Samus' like Phanna that use it frequently, but sadly Phanna really hasn't been solid on the tourny scene. Samus' like Hugs and Wattyman won't SWD in a tourny match at all.

Although, its extremely fun to fudge around with - especially if your opponent doesn't (yet) know about it.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Trust me, its not worth it in a serious match. While it looks hella cool and its fun to play around with, I've found personally its just too easy to call (the 42? frames are more then enough time for your opponent to prepare after seeing you drop a bomb - even if you're throwing out non-SWD bombs to fake 'em out). There's Samus' like Phanna that use it frequently, but sadly Phanna really hasn't been solid on the tourny scene. Samus' like Hugs and Wattyman won't SWD in a tourny match at all.

Although, its extremely fun to fudge around with - especially if your opponent doesn't (yet) know about it.
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better.=P

REDRAGON

Smash Ace

You are right to an extent. I dont SWD in a match that often. But Samus has such a slow run/dash that if you hit someone across FD then SWD would be the best move to follow up to an edge guard! Its faster then her wave dashing across it.
just my opinion.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You are right to an extent. I dont SWD in a match that often. But Samus has such a slow run/dash that if you hit someone across FD then SWD would be the best move to follow up to an edge guard! Its faster then her wave dashing across it.
just my opinion.
I think of this as the main use of the SWD. It's not a very effective approach because while it can be surprising, IMO it's unreliable and super predictable. But when someone's recovering, they can't do much in response to it except prepare to be edgeguarded by one of the best edgeguarding characters.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
i just came from a tournament yesterday, and smart players will always bann Dreamland against samus.

the thread still doesnt convince me since all the stages are choosed random, and thats something you cant avoid to choose, (unless you agree with your opponent to go dreamland against his marth -.-),

but yeah yesterday i suffered mentally and couldnt find wich stage to counter a fox-shiek-marth user and i was thinking..."freaking reddragon if his thread just had covered all the counter-stages" i know that counter picking wisely comes with experience, but to help please try to cover ALL COUNTER STAGES since reading about the stages advantages and disadvantages can help a lot too....o yes i won in FD ^.^,

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
"i just came from a tournament yesterday, and smart players will always counter Dreamland against samus."

So you are saying people will pick dreamland if they play against Samus??? Its one of her best stages...

"the thread still doesnt convince me since all the stages are choosed random, and thats something you cant avoid to choose, (unless you agree with your opponent to go dreamland against his marth -.-),"

Well you CAN counter any of this stages. Also these are the more popular ones...

"but yeah yesterday i suffered mentally and couldnt find wich stage to counter a fox-shiek-marth user and i was thinking..."freaking reddragon if his thread just had covered all the counter-stages" i know that counter picking wisely comes with experience, but to help please try to cover ALL COUNTER STAGES since reading about the stages advantages and disadvantages can help a lot too....o yes i won in FD ^.^,"

I am sorry i did not cover all of them, i do not have time. I will soon though. And my name is Redragon not Reddragon.....

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
"i just came from a tournament yesterday, and smart players will always counter Dreamland against samus."

So you are saying people will pick dreamland if they play against Samus??? Its one of her best stages...

lol ^.^ I mean bann

REDRAGON

Smash Ace

lol ^.^ I mean bann
Yeah out of all the popular characters(Fox/Falco, Marth, Sheik) Dreamland is a bad stage against Samus.
If you play a C. Falcon though, he will not ban it most likely.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Maybe someone can elaborate on this one for me, but every single stage it only says that this stage is good and bad against these chars:

Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, C.Falcon

Why is there no mention of other chars?

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Maybe someone can elaborate on this one for me, but every single stage it only says that this stage is good and bad against these chars:

Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, C.Falcon

Why is there no mention of other chars?
Well i only started with Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, C.Falcon cause they are the most popular!
But i am adding more. I just added the Doc!!!
Please tell me what you guys think!!!
Agree???

Redragon

The Bino

Smash Lord
Yea well in NY i constantly face chars like Peach, Pika, Pichu, DK, Yoshi, ICs, Mario, and a couple more... but i rarely face any Marths... if i had to pick on who i face the most it would be Fox/Falco... but noone ever picks Sheik against me per say just cuz i **** Sheiks also that thing about FoD is Sheiks best level, i found that to be not true, that seems to be my best level AGAINST SHEIKS so idk bout that thing you did there but maybe you have a reason for it

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Yea well in NY i constantly face chars like Peach, Pika, Pichu, DK, Yoshi, ICs, Mario, and a couple more... but i rarely face any Marths... if i had to pick on who i face the most it would be Fox/Falco... but noone ever picks Sheik against me per say just cuz i **** Sheiks also that thing about FoD is Sheiks best level, i found that to be not true, that seems to be my best level AGAINST SHEIKS so idk bout that thing you did there but maybe you have a reason for it
Are you serious? I have heard from ALOT of people that Sheik's best level is FoD....
What are your reason for saying that FoD is her worst level?

Just added Doc, Mario and Link!
Check it out!

The Bino

Smash Lord
Well just against me it seems to be her worst level, the platforms really plays into my favor no matter how skilled the Sheik is, and i can survive longer than the Sheik, but really i have no real reason on why this stage is most favorable to me but it just seems that way i guess

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
o.O I thought you just sextuple posted....

Yeah, I don't really like FoD..... Sheik still owns there, and Samus can't do as much about it. Mobility.

Top Bottom