• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Samus Player List & Recent Results Thread - Updated 2/10/13

Goast

Smash Journeyman
Goast from the Midwest. Green. I finally decided to go 100% Samus. I'm still somewhat scrubbish

Smash Journeyman
lol, I didn't post here earlier because I didn't want to bump...

I'm 343, a Samus main from Cambridge, MA (but I'll be in Norcal starting mid/late summer). I play with ycz a lot, except I suck and he doesn't :)

Litt

Samus
lol, I didn't post here earlier because I didn't want to bump...

I'm 343, a Samus main from Cambridge, MA (but I'll be in Norcal starting mid/late summer). I play with ycz a lot, except I suck and he doesn't :)

Repost from extendurrr, lol (no offense but if every samus that sucks, *your words not mind*, was added, we would have a very long list), but welcome to the samus boards nevertheless :p

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337

Repost from extendurrr, lol (no offense but if every samus that sucks, *your words not mind*, was added, we would have a very long list), but welcome to the samus boards nevertheless :p
This really pissed me off lol.

Litt

Samus
This really pissed me off lol.
Hahaha i mean Hawt... you are just as new and inexperienced... do you really think you or 343 should be included in a list of samus players if neither of you produce any profound, or really any results? Im not saying this to be mean, im just saying that wait until you are a bit more experienced and actually place better at tournies before asking your name to be thrown up there with HugS, Darell, Prime, Phanna, ect...

Jagoffian

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha i mean Hawt... you are just as new and inexperienced... do you really think you or 343 should be included in a list of samus players if neither of you produce any profound, or really any results? Im not saying this to be mean, im just saying that wait until you are a bit more experienced and actually place better at tournies before asking your name to be thrown up there with HugS, Darell, Prime, Phanna, ect...
I can't tell if you're serious or not... I hope you're not complaining about our girl getting more representation. It's not a Hall Of Fame or anything, lol. It's actually cool seeing people continue to post in this thread with the advent of facebook and all...shows that they're proud of their main.

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
I can't tell if you're serious or not... I hope you're not complaining about our girl getting more representation. It's not a Hall Of Fame or anything, lol. It's actually cool seeing people continue to post in this thread with the advent of facebook and all...shows that they're proud of their main.
I wasn't attempting to start something.. but Jago has a point here.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Jago really has a point, however this is a player list/ recent results thread to show which samuses are on top, placing well in their region and have a list of all of them, if you are just a casual player that does make it out of pools at their tournament, they wont have any results and to add them to a comprehensive list that is rarely updated, I find to be quite pointless.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I think it's time to pass on this threads responsibility. Too bad we couldn't make it like an open google document where all users could edit it, or at least a pre-approved list of players.

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Wouldnt be the hardest thing to set up. Also, most of the players would only see it if they were active, which weeds out some of the names who have stopped playing

Something that DOES need the responsibility to be passed on I feel is the index thread

Last edited:

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I'm all for the transfer, just let me know what needs to be done. In reality, I think it would go something like this:

1. Someone steps up to assume supreme Samus responsibility of said thread.
2. I copy paste the OP post and send it to new Supreme Samus.
3. Politely ask mods to pin the new thread under the new leadership and let the old thread die out.

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
I'd do it since I hang here often, but that might make some controversy bc idk im not good im a scrub etc

Litt

Samus
I'm all for the transfer, just let me know what needs to be done. In reality, I think it would go something like this:

1. Someone steps up to assume supreme Samus responsibility of said thread.
2. I copy paste the OP post and send it to new Supreme Samus.
3. Politely ask mods to pin the new thread under the new leadership and let the old thread die out.
I would be willing to take the job, I'm always on here and I have learned to be much more patient and kinder to newer player :p but I understand if you think I haven't gotten to that point yet.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
KLit should be fine. It's just record keeping. Exclusion would only be an issue if we had too many Samus mains. As we all know, that may not be the case for a long time.

I vote KLit should be temp-banned until he produces 'profound, or really any' results.

Also KLit, you should be more aware of what people have to offer. 'You can learn something from everyone,' and it's through this mindset that you can learn and get better. You can still choose to do it all on your own, of course, it's just not as efficient, and you'll still eventually have to analyze your failures at one point, so you might as well learn what works from those you interact with.

Litt

Samus
I vote KLit should be temp-banned until he produces 'profound, or really any' results.

Also KLit, you should be more aware of what people have to offer. 'You can learn something from everyone,' and it's through this mindset that you can learn and get better. You can still choose to do it all on your own, of course, it's just not as efficient, and you'll still eventually have to analyze your failures at one point, so you might as well learn what works from those you interact with.
I disagree that you can learn something samus relevant from everyone, Im sure everyone has something unique to share that is special, but that does not always translate to smash related content, and you are just mad I critiqued your combo video so harshly.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
wow what even happened in this thread?

I posted that I play Samus because this thread is a list of Samus players. So what if I'm terrible/not notable/whatever? I play Samus, and this thread is about people who play Samus... I'm not going to constantly post mediocre results here, but even if I do, why in the world would you be angry about it?

Too bad not everywhere can be moderated like TL is :/

Last edited:

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
****, All I wanted to do was to put my name out there. Sorry I started this argument/Derailing, guys.

I would be willing to take the job, I'm always on here and I have learned to be much more patient and kinder to newer player :p but I understand if you think I haven't gotten to that point yet.
And I love that you said all THAT right after calling me a casual player. I'm not ****ing casual, Ken. You obviously haven't learned to respect a newer player (Not player in general, but a new samus).

Litt

Samus
****, All I wanted to do was to put my name out there. Sorry I started this argument/Derailing, guys.

And I love that you said all THAT right after calling me a casual player. I'm not ****ing casual, Ken. You obviously haven't learned to respect a newer player (Not player in general, but a new samus).
Just because you go to tournaments Hawt, does not mean you are not a casual samus player. You want to be a competitive samus player, but dont actually become one until you produce results, and in an earlier post, you literally just said you picked up the character. What you did is the equivalent of myself going on the falcon boards, saying yup, Im a new falcon, im picking him up, throw my name up on the list of falcon players now... and the list would be too long for a list to even matter... Its not that im not respecting you as a player, as you said, but to admit to just picking up the character, how could anyone respect a brand new samus main. Certainly I would love to answer any questions you may have, but you have no developed meta game for your character yet, and just the fact that you believe you deserve immediate respect for maining a character you just started to learn, shows you have a ways to go.

Last edited:

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
Whatever, I see your point. I've had too little sleep to argue a point in defence, so you win.

Litt

Samus
This isnt me winning Hawt, all Im saying is that you should produce some results before expecting respect, and your opinion to be taken seriously. You seem like a very nice guy, and I'm happy to have you join the few samus mains out there, but just because you become a samus main, doesn't immediately mean you deserve the respect of every samus main or player. I really do hope you stick with this character and become as good as you can become, I look forward to watching videos of you play.

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I guess I see what's going on. Someone isn't good at Smash -> they don't deserve respect -> they deserve to be disrespected.

I see you're working on being nicer though, so that's a first step, I guess.

lol klit

killing me

but i see who you are now. i change my advice to say that you need to stop worrying so much and that everything will work out.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Ah, I guess I see what's going on. Someone isn't good at Smash -> they don't deserve respect -> they deserve to be disrespected.

I see you're working on being nicer though, so that's a first step, I guess.
Yeah, no where did I disrespect him 343... you made your own jump to that just to be an ass yourself

Litt

Samus
Damn KLit...mountains outta molehills...
I wasn't making a mountain Manox... I was telling him that just because he decided to change his main and pick up samus does it make him a samus main, this is a recent results thread, so you report your results with samus and you get put up there, he didnt produce any, nor has 343, so all I was saying is that you shouldn't just expect your name up there just because you post that you are playing samus right now

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
I understood your point, but it never had to be made in the first place. 343 and Hawt Salsa's posts on this thread couldve just been ignored (as this thread has been ignored/irrelevant for how many months) but then you had to inject your own beliefs about what this thread means creating a giant argument/fuss no one really wanted to have

Litt

Samus
I'm sorry Manox, but ignoring new players is much more rude than what I told them, I clarified what this list meant, and these were not just my own beliefs..... Its the basis of this thread... submit your results, get your name up on the wall..... It is your own belief that this thread is irrelevant, not the communities or fellow sami, so you should stop injecting your own beliefs, iRobbinhood hasnt had much time to keep this thread running, which is the main reason is has been pushed aside.

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting tired of this "argument," but I'd like to point out that the first two sentence of the OP are:

This is the :star: *NEW* :star: official list of players that main Samus in the Super Smash Bros. Melee community. This thread will also be featuring noticeable results of fellow Sami in recent tournaments!
It's first a list of Samus players (and I'd bet money that you haven't heard of many of the players listed, so they're not all notable!), and second a recent results thread.

So telling people "you shouldn't have posted here because you're 'breaking the rules of the thread'" is pretty rude when they are, in fact, conforming to the thread's OP.

Anyway, sorry about the pointless "debate." See you on Saturday, KLit; hope you and Spawn can get top8 doubles!

Litt

Samus
Well, the arguing doesn't even matter because iRobbinhood is giving me control of the thread anyway :/ , also thanks, hopefully we will be able to, DJ and Moon are gonna be a tough semi finals match :p

Top Bottom