• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Official Post Draft Thread***

Who's roster would you most want to play with in a Smash Bros game?

• Smashing Ramen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crushermania

• Jomosensual

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Hollywoodrok

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Warpenguin

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Bowserking

• Keleyeemoh

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • BlondeLombax

• Total voters

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
And here we are. All the picks are in and all the rosters have been set. Here's where we can talk about everything. Strategy, stolen picks, favorite rosters, who you would have taken with one more pick, etc. Obviously keep it civil and all that. I'll have a favorite roster poll up soon

Draft board:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I'll get the ball rolling. My first question is: Who from my roster would you guys have taken if you had the chance?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
smash_draft_final_small.png
A big round of applause to all of those involved. Hopefully we can do something similar in the future! A stage roster, maybe?
I'll get the ball rolling. My first question is: Who from my roster would you guys have taken if you had the chance?
I was actually planning on doing Shantae for Round 3, but you beat me to the punch. I'm not angry, it let me use one of my favorite Kirby characters, so thank you!

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I said the Monokuma one already so ill go with Phoenix Wright instead. Really thought I'd have a shot at him in round 3 or 4
Big kudos to all of those involved. Hopefully we can do something similar in the future! A stage roster, maybe?
Nice, really awesome work on the draft board set-up there. Idk if im gonna host another soon since this one took around a month to do and im having lasik fairly soon. The stage draft sounds fun but at the moment im not planning another draft for at least a few months. Will probably open the draft thread up for side stuff like ATs, music, spirits, etc(all non exclusive btw) so if people want to keep expanding on their fantasy smash game they can

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I said the Monokuma one already so ill go with Phoenix Wright instead. Really thought I'd have a shot at him in round 3 or 4
You mentioned Phoenix in round 1, but yeah. A lot of the picks people would have taken later went in early rounds. I was gonna take Waluigi in round 4 and was considering Steve down the line.

A really good counter-play on your part was Junko against Monokuma because in many ways, they're effectively the same. I'm curious tho. Would you have went for a protag if I took them both as a tag team?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'd love to set up one of these draft things in the future

Actually been thinking up a Pokemon one. I wonder if y'all would be interested.

Hmmm... Honestly none of y'all really ended up stealing characters from me, with the exception of Ninjara.

Though in regards to your selection, I do wish I had Bandana Waddle Dee on mine in retrospect, he probably would've been a safe bet.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
You mentioned Phoenix in round 1, but yeah. A lot of the picks people would have taken later went in early rounds. I was gonna take Waluigi in round 4 and was considering Steve down the line.

A really good counter-play on your part was Junko against Monokuma because in many ways, they're effectively the same. I'm curious tho. Would you have went for a protag if I took them both as a tag team?
Leaning towards probably not since I've only made it through game 1 and i dont think Makoto has enough for a viable moveset. Sakura was someone I thought about since a martial arts moveset would be easy enough to do. Wasnt really sure how well that would have repped the DR series though. Probably would have just passed on the series altogether

BowserKing

Smash Lord
There are quite a bit of fun roasters, and I would play as some of those fighters in it.

Another thing is that for the spot meant for Sylux, it was a difficult choice between Sylux, Porky, Viridi, Ashley, Tom Nook and Muddy Mole, and in fact, they were planned for the spot that is given to Ray-Man. Dragapult’s spot was between it and Frosmoth and Dark Bowser’s spot was between him and King Wart.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
We got a total of 96 characters here, which ain't too shabby. But what are the odds we managed to gloss over some if not all of the remaining dlc fighters?

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
We got a total of 96 characters here, which ain't too shabby. But what are the odds we managed to gloss over some if not all of the remaining dlc fighters?
Us getting at least one? It has a major contender in the form of Crash and a lot of left field picks of both the Nintendo & 3rd party varieties, so there's that. Maybe we didn't miss all of them, but it's very hard to predict who gets in, so I don't know.

Our best bet for not missing all of them are Crash, as I said, or a Kanto/Galar mon, since you know Pokemon wants that money from those 2 regions.

Us getting all of them? I find that highly unlikely. Dante and Travis somehow both went undrafted, and I find it very unlikely that neither of them make it (this was before we even heard of the ARMS rep; I'm not riding off of Suda51's "No Comment" comment). They fall perfectly into the "3rd party realistic/anime humanoid male" trend of the 1st pass, and If there's any bit of it that in FP2, their chances are sky high. I really think we missed at least one.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Some? I don't know. It has a major contender in the form of Crash and a lot of left field picks of both the Nintendo & 3rd party varieties, so there's that.

All? I find that highly unlikely. Dante and Travis somehow both went undrafted, and I find it very unlikely that neither of them make it (this was before we even heard of the ARMS rep; I'm not riding off of Suda51's "No Comment" comment). They fall perfectly into the "3rd party realistic/anime humanoid male" trend of the 1st pass, and If there's any bit of it that in FP2, their chances are sky high.
Oh yeah, I was actually pretty close to drafting both Dante and Travis on my roster, but I felt they clashed too much with other characters I already draftedt. Still supprised nobody took em

No Cinderace or Rillaboom either, who are both pretty much considered gen 8 front-runners

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I was actually pretty close to drafting both Dante and Travis on my roster, but I felt they clashed too much with other characters I already draftedt. Still supprised nobody took em

No Cinderace or Rillaboom either, who are both pretty much considered gen 8 front-runners
I edited my post to take that into account right before seeing your reply. I actually think the 2 frontrunners for Pokemon are Urshifu and Eevee. Urshifu since it would promote both SwSh and its DLC (and I think he would be more adaptable to Smash than Calyrex), and Eevee because he's become a poster child for Pokemon, especially with their (controversial) business strategy for the past few years: Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, [Insert current region] and more Kanto.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
id say Bandanna Dee and Octoling. Surprised you got the ‘lings becsuee they were my next pick. Then swapped it for Black Knight lol

I’m curious of my roster - who do you guys consider the oddball choice?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

Well we're about to find out now

Top Bottom