• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pikachu Stage Discussion - Rainbow Cruise

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
<3 Frigate. I think...Frigate is one of those stages that you counterpick more to exploit weaknesses than to give yourself any strengths. Tjolt can be downright obnoxious on the dippy transformation :/ It's a great stage to take advantage of your mobility too as Pika can zip around to basically any point on the stage quickly enough to really keep up his pressure game. That along with thunder flipping...thingy really lets you force mistakes. That's only aided by the stupid right side of the one state. Limiting options is fun <3

Not too familiar with the stage I'm afraid but my observations say that vs. MOST characters this is a pressure Pika's dream.

Jupz

Smash Master
I suggest you guys read this thread which details some of Frigate Orpheons mechanics of the flip.

I love Frigate orpheon against the spacies. Small means they can't outcamp you and they have to side B back on stage so you can thunder them quite easily. Slightly low ceiling for early thunder kills helps aswell. Don't take MK here, he owns here.

Jupz

Smash Master
Bump! :mad:

Halberd is a great stage and I feel its one of our best counterpicks. Low ceiling especially helps us. Our best stage against MK IMO. Only a few people I wouldn't insta counterpick here, including D3 and snake (still good stage against them but their might be better stages).

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
MK? I..... try not to bring MK here. He can shark/plank/stall too well on the floating platform part. Granted, Pika can handle it better than a lot of characters can, but it's still more of a headache than it's worth, imo.

King~

Smash Champion
i agree halberd is a nice little stage that helps in area that sometimes lacks(kills) andd i actually take MKs here aswell. when they shark i just take to the platform and measure options from there. i mess around to much to know what other characters to take here(cept peach you can take peach here)

Jupz

Smash Master
This stage works well against MK because of the low ceiling. MK's only vertical killer is Uair which doesn't work until very high percents, while Usmash and thunder kill easy here. To deal with sharking just get some space from him and spam tjolts, unless he spaces his Uair really well they can hit him. Or as mentioned you can camp the top platform. We can also get an early percent lead through the CG. The stage layout is good for pressuring with Tjolts, especially the flat part which is a seriously good stage for Pika IMO.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I must have a ****ing weird playstyle, then, or I just haven't tried Halberd vs. MK nearly enough. I guess I'll experiment more next time I get the chance.

I also don't mind fighting DDD here. But I completely agree on Snake and Fox..... dying at 2% (exaggeration) from a utilt/usmash is not fun. -_-

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Umm. I might write more tomorrow, but if I don't by mid-late afternoon EST, you can pretty much assume I'm not going to. x.x

EDIT: Yeah, I read the summary, and there's really not much to add. The main pros of Halberd for Pika are:

- Low ceiling (probably the biggest bonus for us)
- Long enough to CG on during all transformations
- Permeable bottom on second transformation (floating platform) and wall-jumpable wall on third transformation mean that if you're not outright killed, there's no reason you shouldn't make it back to the stage with Pika's versatile recovery options.
- Middle platform doesn't hinder camping like some other stages' platforms (read: Yoshi's Island's :mad:) do

On the other hand, there aren't many cons that I can think of. Generally, the only characters who shouldn't be brought here are characters with ******** strong vertical kill moves that're easy to land, like Snake and Fox (as others have mentioned).

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Frigate looks good, Jupz.

RC sounds fine. Pika can do a lot of grab **** there according to K Prime + others, but I've never tried.

Some elaboration on that would be nice.... =X

Jupz

Smash Master
Ok, rainbow cruise discussion go!

Thanks kaylo, sorry it was a bit short but their wasn't too much discussion on frigate :S

I'll update the halberd summary sometime.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
I have nothing against RC, but I don't like fighting there. just like my personal preferece. :/
I don't see how it was be "bad" for pikachu tho.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ooo, new stage. I'll contribute a bit later, but I really do not like RC much.

I know it's supposed to be a good Pika stage for a lot of MUs, but for me personally, there's always another stage that's better. ><

Jupz

Smash Master
I love RC for Pika. He can manouvre around the place much better then his opponents generally. Tjolt puts pressure on opponents below you and thunder on opponents above. Relatively low ceiling helps. Walk off up the top on some characters :)

Top Bottom