• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mystery Dungeon SOS & Wonder Mail Thread

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
It's about a week until R&B Mystery Dungeon hit, but I figure I'll make this thread now anyways. In the game, if your party gets wiped out, you can choose to be given a password. You can then give that password to a friend, who will then enter it into their game, activating a dungeon exploration to save your team. If he or she completes it, they get a new password, which they then give to you to enter in your game. When you enter that new password in, your characters start back with their health and you don't lose any items.

So, this can be the official "Help, I need someone to rescue me!" thread. Can't wait for the game to come out, personally, though I'm having some trouble trying to decide what version to get. I've always got the Red version of the series (Red, Gold, Ruby, and the soon-to-be Pearl), and my brother always go the Blue versions (Blue, Silver, Sapphire, and the soon-to-be Diamond). However, the Blue version is on the DS, where as the Red is on the GBA. I figure that the DS version would have some better perks than the GBA one, so I'm torn. Anyone here about any difference between the two, other than one is GBA and one is DS? I figure some pokemon can only be captured in one version or another...can anyone confirm this, chi?

zombie7775

Smash Lord
The only thing I know of is that on the DS you can move the characters with the pen thing. The top screen always keeps valuable information. There is a wireless feature on the DS to get exculsive features to the game. That all came from a book my brother got when he pre ordered. Hope that helps you decide.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Ah, yeah I read up about it on GameFAQs, apparently it doesn't matter what version you have (both have all 386 pokemon), you just need a code from the other game that you'll be able to find on the internet soon enough. Blue version (DS) just has more features...no reason not to get that, really.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
My brother is getting the red version because he doesnt have a DS. I played a demo of both and they both are fun.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
You just fight pokemon. Sometimes they'll ask to join you after they've been defeated. You can have 4 people in your group max, and each pokemon has a certain % to be recruited. You can increase that % by reaching higher levels, through items, etc. The hardest pokemon to acquire is Kecklon, with a -39.99% chance (you have to be level 90+ with a certain ribbon, which gives you the max bonus of +40% to friend recruit, to have a .01% chance of recruiting him!!).

WanderingAngel

Smash Journeyman
i think you guys probably already know this but since anyone havent posted it ill say it anyway just in case the extra feature the blue game has is called the unknown dungeon that if ur ds is closed with the game in (i think it has to be in sleep mode) and a player with a blue game passes when u open the game u get items from their game cards kinda like the mystery gift from crystal and gold also 2 blue games can trade stored items. anyway if anyone needs rescuing i can help ^^ i have the red version but as a rom(couldn"t hold myself) i have to wait 2 more days to buy it >.<

edit-oh also if u have a red and a blue game on a ds u can exchange teams to fight them on the makuhita dungeon if im not mistaken but u guys probably know this already just in case >.>

edit-also i would like to know if anyone know this i saw in sererbii that some of the 4th generation pokemon appear in mystery dungeon is this true the pokemon are lucario, bonsley, munchlax, mime jr. and weavile(i think thats the name of the sneasel evolution)

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
It justs seems odd, because I'm a little ways into the game now (Lever 15), and I've never had anyone want to join besides that magnemite. Do I have to use Moves, or not use Moves, or something like that?

EDIT: 5 minutes after I post this, Sentret wants to be my buddy. >.>

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
1) Make sure you have the Friends Area for the particular Pokemon you are looking for. Check the Wigglytuff Stand for info on that. Only a third or so areas are available for the first part of the game. Some areas will be awarded from rescue missions, so keep doing them. They are random for the most part (I guess keeping track of the codes would've been a good idea <_<).

2) Your lead Pokemon has to defeat the desired Pokemon, or it won't join. It doesn't matter if it's done by using a move, item, or just the regular attack. It's based on your level, Rescue Rank, items, etc...no more than 4 at one time and no more than a team total of 6 stars in body size. Keep in mind, any guest Pokemon from missions that require you to deliver them to another Pokemon count towards this limit.

3) You'll almost never get the evolved Pokemon, but it does happen rarely.

4) Some Pokemon will automatically join your party due to the storyline or extra events.

5) Cross your fingers. Luck is also a major part. Gotta love/hate the RNG.

And FYI, do nat accept any mission that has a Slaking as a guest Pokemon. The only move it is uses is Slack Off, even when it's HP is full. As if that wasn't enough, it keeps using the move after the PP is gone, so you keep receiving a message that Slaking can't move, etc. every couple seconds. You have to go back and stand near it until it can move whenever this happens. Poor AI programming ftw.

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
Well, it looks like I get to be the first person to get rescued on here. I got OHKOed by a Golbat in Lapis Cave, B14F. Someone help me please?

77??9WRT5m???4f6?2
?0??????W0?m???FP?
??S?Y?F??6Y??NmRWN

The 'm' and 'f' are the male and female symbols, respectively.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll get on it, just as soon as I finish my current mission...I'll edit this post when I'm done.

A-Ok
77?39WP95m??08f6?2
?0K?J??6W0?mR??FP?
?XS?Y?F??6Y7?NmRWN

m=male
f=female

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Honestly, I have no clue. I thought it was referring to how many rescue chances you had for that particular dungeon.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hahaha, yeah, some of the dungeons are kind of stacked against certain starter Pokemon. Iif anyone else needs help during the main story part of the game, just post your Wonder Mail, and I'll get on it ASAP. Anything after that, I'll do the rescue if I have the dungeon location unlocked. I'll be sure to keep note of any future Friends Area/high ranked missions in the future.

Edit: GameFAQs seems to have some codes for different missions. I haven't tested them yet, so use them as you see fit.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, Harry, James, and Chris of Team Survival need your help!

M!??+5R...J(m)(m)??MCM?4
?...????4P0W?!??K5H?
??X?6(f)0??9Q??5S02...

Floor 21 of Sky tower

(m) and (f) are the signs for "male" and "female" respectively.

Thank you!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Er, don't know if you still need it, but here's the A-Ok mail...

M!?3+5PRJ(m)(m)?0FCM?4
?...K?J?4R0W?!R?K5H?
?XX?6(f)0??9Q7?5S02...

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'll help out here too, if I can, so keep posting them! Its easy rescue points for the most part

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I need rescuing in Fiery Field on the 15th floor.
The password is:

(...)3?69TRSJ-!??M3H?!
?S????PF?8?!?8NMP?
??S?3JC(male)?(male)Y??RFR1(...)

Thanks in advance.

KirbyMan3000

Smash Lord
I'll help ya out. I need something to do in the game anyway....kinda did everything already...XD I'll edit when I have the A-Ok mail.

EDIT: Uh...your pass doesn't fit...o_o

Sock

Smash Cadet
I just bought this game, I wanted to be an Eevee but it made me a Cubone </3

Ronike

Smash Ace
You have to be a girl to get an eevee. Prolly not worth it as you cant evolve until after the main story

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Anyone need saving? Team Rescuers (My team) is ready to go.
I have the blue (DS) version by the way
(I have a Charizard and a Sceptile both at lvl40+. No lvl1 and 30+ floor dungeons please)

hero uey

Smash Cadet
yo hero uey here and team Evolve is here yo i have a lvl 52 blastoies and a lvl 50 Sceptile i also some times bring along one of my ledgendary birds but mostly bring my lvl 50 Shelgon and to make things better i'm giving out the wonder mail for SKY BLue Plains (must have access to Northwind field to get this friend area)

(note m= male sign: f=female sign)

5?2YQW0??T0Q
JC?mFH16WR?W

Da Man " No lvl1 and 30+ floor dungeons please"

whats up with that you wont get mew, lugia, or kyoger that way

Top Bottom