• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

official Midwest area thread

QUIVO

Smash Master
Wait, couldn't Gambit just blow up Juggernaut? I mean, he can blow things up by just meditating. He should become a bad guy and make people explode if they don't abide to his rules.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
lol cosmic material. i remember in one of the original cartoon episodes someone spat some mucus stuff to stick gambit to the wall, and he had to use his power on it to get out. mucus is living right?

Eci4

Smash Ace
no? Mucus is made from organic cells, but I don't think it is alive? Man, I'm not an X-Men pro, I don't know these things. Ask Zjiin, I hear he's won tournaments.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
"Known superhuman powers: Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an object and transform it into kinetic energy. When Gambit thus charges an object with kinetic energy and throws it at a target, the object releases this energy explosively on impact."

i got this info from jiano's post in the xmen discussion thread, for you guys wondering about gambits power.

Zjiin

Smash Master
no? Mucus is made from organic cells, but I don't think it is alive? Man, I'm not an X-Men pro, I don't know these things. Ask Zjiin, I hear he's won tournaments.
I dont have to be a an x-men pro to know that:

Mucus: a slippery secretion of the lining of various membranes in the body (mucous membranes). It is a viscous colloid containing antiseptic enzymes (such as lysozyme) and immunoglobulins. Mucus is produced by goblet cells in the mucous membranes that cover the surfaces of the membranes. It is made up of mucins (a family of large, heavily glycosylated proteins) and inorganic salts suspended in water.

"Known superhuman powers: Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an object and transform it into kinetic energy. When Gambit thus charges an object with kinetic energy and throws it at a target, the object releases this energy explosively on impact."
You beat me to it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

i got this info from jiano's post in the xmen discussion thread, for you guys wondering about gambits power.
Since Juggernaut's potential energy is technically limitless when he is in motion (making him a perpetual motion machine which also breaks the first and second laws of thermodynamics), couldn't Gambit destroy the entire world if he touched Juggernaut when the Juggernaut was out for a jog?

Zjiin

Smash Master
Since Juggernaut's potential energy is technically limitless when he is in motion (making him a perpetual motion machine which also breaks the first and second laws of thermodynamics), couldn't Gambit destroy the entire world if he touched Juggernaut when the Juggernaut was out for a jog?
He doesn't jog! He's the Juggernaut, *****!

DrewB008

Smash Lord
no overswarm, because thats actually a pretty incorrect description of his power now that i read it. anyone transforms an objects potential energy into kinetic energy by throwing/dropping it, im thinking gambit must add energy in the form of heat/pressure or something within the object to make it explode, and adds the energy himself, because:

Sun Jiano (5:58:50 PM): he only has so much energy
Sun Jiano (5:58:53 PM): to use
Sun Jiano (5:59:03 PM): when he blows up say, a bus, it takes a lot out of him

and this man knows gambit

QUIVO

Smash Master
Wolverine = Gambit > Magneto > Nightcrawler >>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else >> Cyclops

Cyclops is a panzy and is too much of a goody good (based off the old school cartoon)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
isnt potential energy equivalent to its height? therefor the earth would have no potential energy to change into kinetic. maybe im thinking of something else.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I thought Gambit's power was that he was Cajun. And i don't know why he doesn't make really spicey gumbo to attack with.

mathos

Smash Champion
Cyclops > Iceman

But thats really not saying much because they both have homosexual relations.

Light

Smash Journeyman
im thinking gambit must add energy in the form of heat/pressure or something within the object to make it explode, and adds the energy himself, because:

Sun Jiano (5:58:50 PM): he only has so much energy
Sun Jiano (5:58:53 PM): to use
Sun Jiano (5:59:03 PM): when he blows up say, a bus, it takes a lot out of him

and this man knows gambit
More likely that he introduces an initial amount of energy to act as a catalyst, initiaiting the reaction required to transform mass into kinetic energy. That would literaly make him a walking nuclear reactor.

potential energy equivalent to its height
You are thinking of potential gravitational energy. The only way to utilize Earth to Sun potential energy would be to eliminate its radial acceleration completely, causing it to plummet into the Sun.
The potential energy the writers were likely thinking about is that in its mass -it's where E= mc^2 comes from - or strong force or something, I don't know.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I'm from the midwest, therefore I have some johns? It's too rainy in Minnesota... how is the weather in the rest of the midwest? I imagine rainy seeing how close together we all are?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
sorry for being on topic... But how does one find an adequate venue to host a large (50-100 person) tournament?

Top Bottom