• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
2.B.A Master Stadium

I originally made this texture for Brawl 8 years ago. I believe that it directly inspired many others that followed, especially the multitude of blue-colored ones that started popping up right after I posted mine... In Brawl, the Melee stages have a different structure and naming conventions than the new stages, which made it clear that the files were more or less ported from Melee as much as possible. As such, porting this back to Melee was practically as simple as exporting the textures from Brawlbox and importing them into DTW (see below). Each of the 4 transformation icons is represented by a gym leader who specializes in that type, with Ash acting as the default.

Note: This stage uses Achilles1515's How to Play platform mod as a base. As of this point, still no one has figured out how to edit the material colors on the platform models that give them their green tint. If/when someone solves this, I will update this texture accordingly.

Download link
Oh man, I used to own that CD and still bring it up with my girlfriend sometimes. Great stuff!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Brawl Game & Watch colors

I made these last week but I wanted to wait to post them until after I posted my Stadium hack. This is the red, blue, and green colors from Brawl taken exactly from the color data in Brawlbox. If they look any different then it's due to differences in how the two games display them, but they're pretty accurate.

But what about the best color from Brawl?

There are 2 versions in the download. The one labeled Brawl has the red, blue, and green costumes from the first screenshot. The one labeled BrawlCyan is an alternative where the cyan costume replaces the blue team slot. Sadly since Melee G&W only has 4 costume slots they can't coexist. The Brawl red and green are included in both versions, the blue one is the only difference between them (and the default black is untouched).

Download link

spamitburns

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
burn#535
Brawl Game & Watch colors

I made these last week but I wanted to wait to post them until after I posted my Stadium hack. This is the red, blue, and green colors from Brawl taken exactly from the color data in Brawlbox. If they look any different then it's due to differences in how the two games display them, but they're pretty accurate.

But what about the best color from Brawl?

There are 2 versions in the download. The one labeled Brawl has the red, blue, and green costumes from the first screenshot. The one labeled BrawlCyan is an alternative where the cyan costume replaces the blue team slot. Sadly since Melee G&W only has 4 costume slots they can't coexist. The Brawl red and green are included in both versions, the blue one is the only difference between them (and the default black is untouched).

Download link
Was about to make this but you've beat me to it, good work!

ItzVolc

Smash Rookie
Greetings! I'm having an issue while trying to replace the shutters on the CSS. I can replace the top/right side of the shutter but the bottom/left eludes me, I simply cant find it anywhere in DTW. Also when I replace the top/right the bottom/left gets blacked out, This is confusing me because I haven't touched the bottom/left as I can't even find it in the file system. I'm using the latest version of 20XX hack pack, if anyone can offer assistance it would be greatly appreciated!

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Greetings! I'm having an issue while trying to replace the shutters on the CSS. I can replace the top/right side of the shutter but the bottom/left eludes me, I simply cant find it anywhere in DTW. Also when I replace the top/right the bottom/left gets blacked out, This is confusing me because I haven't touched the bottom/left as I can't even find it in the file system. I'm using the latest version of 20XX hack pack, if anyone can offer assistance it would be greatly appreciated!
Hi!

Both halves of the port doors (as I call them) are part of the same image. I have details on this and a guide on how to edit them here.

Speedy Sloth

Smash Rookie
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
SLTH#960
Does anyone know a tutorial for replacing the background music in the game? I believe the original one from like 2009 is gone.

Beshido

Smash Rookie
Since yesturday my melee Iso crash every time after a few seconds. I have this message from Dolphon "Invalid read from 0x53ce13e1, PC = 0x80194a90". Was trying to add some skins for FD and FoD, but now I can't play. If someone know what to do :/

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
Since yesturday my melee Iso crash every time after a few seconds. I have this message from Dolphon "Invalid read from 0x53ce13e1, PC = 0x80194a90". Was trying to add some skins for FD and FoD, but now I can't play. If someone know what to do :/
What kind of skins did you import? Are you sure you used/replaced the correct files?
If you want, you can DM me and we can go through and try to figure out what went wrong.

Last edited:

pets0und

Smash Rookie
does anyone know if there is a way to have multiple skins for the stages that show up randomly on slippi? would be cool to have a rotating set of themes.

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
does anyone know if there is a way to have multiple skins for the stages that show up randomly on slippi? would be cool to have a rotating set of themes.
No one has made anything that does that yet. And with the way the ISO is currently setup, you couldn't have multiple textures for a stage while playing on rollback.

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
Has anyone made anything similar to this Sheik? If so, I would love to have the file for it?
I don't think that skin has been recreated by anyone yet, but I'll take a crack at it and publish here.

EDIT: Here you go clsc_FRaNTiC clsc_FRaNTiC . Let me know if you want me to change anything.

Sombra-like Sheik (Brawl Vault Remake)
Replaces White. Original skin by aesthetic.
Download Link: https://ssbmtextures.com/characters...make/?usp_success=2&post_id=5139&form_id=4581
GALE01-6.png

Attachments

Last edited:

clsc_FRaNTiC

Smash Rookie
Oh my!!
I don't think that skin has been recreated by anyone yet, but I'll take a crack at it and publish here.

EDIT: Here you go clsc_FRaNTiC clsc_FRaNTiC . Let me know if you want me to change anything.

Sombra-like Sheik (Brawl Vault Remake)
Replaces White. Original skin by aesthetic.
Download Link: https://ssbmtextures.com/characters...make/?usp_success=2&post_id=5139&form_id=4581
View attachment 287258
Whoa!!! NO WAY!! Thanks. You got this done so quickly! Thank you!

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
I've been working on some time consuming projects these last few weeks, but I finally set aside some time to make a few textures just for fun. The first is another entry into my long line of F-Zero GX Character skins for Captain Falcon, and the other is a Donkey Kong texture that has been rattling around in my head for quite a while now. It's Bonkers, a pretty common and recurring enemy from Kirby games.

Beastman (F-Zero GX) - Captain Falcon
Replaces Neutral
Download Link: https://ssbmtextures.com/characters/beastman-f-zero-gx-captain-falcon/
Beastman_SS3.png

Bonkers (Kirby) - Donkey Kong
Replaces Neutral
Download Link: https://ssbmtextures.com/characters/bonkers-kirby-donkey-kong/

Bonkers_3.png

Last edited:

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
Looking for Samus grapple/extender texture, does anyone know if any exist?
Some of Samus's effect textures, such as her bomb, grapple etc., are in GALE01/PlSs.dat. See screenshot below.
Capture3.PNG

Her Charge Shot and other shared textures are in here GALE01/EfSsData.dat. See screenshot below.
Capture4.PNG

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
So I was going through my old Mediafire archive (legit haven't check it in probably a year and a half) and found an old Pikachu texture with an altered model. If anyone can find/remember who originally made this model edit, please let me know because I would really like to properly credit it. But anyway, I took that model and made a few skins for it. So enjoy this set of three Goku Pikachus lol It's Goku, SS Goku, and SS Red Goku.

EDIT: The original model hack was created by Steelia and was based on Milun's tutorial on how to hack Pikachu hats. Many thanks to DRGN for helping me track down the creator.

Pigoku - Pikachu
Replaces Red
Download Link: https://ssbmtextures.com/characters/goku-dragon-ball-z-pikachu/
Cover Image.png

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
So I was going through my old Mediafire archive (legit haven't check it in probably a year and a half) and found an old Pikachu texture with an altered model. If anyone can find/remember who originally made this model edit, please let me know because I would really like to properly credit it. But anyway, I took that model and made a few skins for it. So enjoy this set of three Goku Pikachus lol It's Goku, SS Goku, and SS Red Goku.

Pigoku - Pikachu
Replaces Red
Download Link: https://ssbmtextures.com/characters/goku-dragon-ball-z-pikachu/
View attachment 288627
Steelia originally made that model hack (source).

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
Steelia originally made that model hack (source).
Thank you so much! I was looking for this for a few hours before I made that post (I even asked the boys in Discord and got no response). You're a godsend.

DOUBLE EDIT: If anyone out there is interested in editing Pikachu's hats I would HIGHLY suggested visiting the link DRGN shared. It includes a Program and Tutorial made by Milun and it is surprising easy to follow. Like, easy enough that you can most definitely expect to see some dope new hats made by me lol

In honor of Steve in Smash, I've made..

Minecraft Kingdom (replaces Mushroomy Kingdom)

Link: https://ssbmtextures.com/stages/mushroom-kingdom/minecraft-kingdom/

I'm interested in making more non-legal stage mods, maybe a shiny PokeFloats if that hasn't already been made
This is great spam. It's a very well executed idea and design. I can't wait to see what you decide to do with some of the other non-tournament legal stages.
I think there is a shiny pokefloats stage out there somewhere. I'll try to find it later today.

EDIT: I found shiny pokefloats :) https://stacksmash.kontek.net/STUFFZ/SSBM/Stages/Shiny_PokeFloats.rar

Last edited:

mode idc

Smash Rookie
hey guy, does anyone have the download link for the saiyan armor falco skin? saw the skin on an m2k stream but couldn't find a link to it anywhere.

spamitburns

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
burn#535
Might redo these but I'm fairly happy considering these are my first falcon skins-

James Bond - Black Tux (Replaces Gray)

Link: https://ssbmtextures.com/characters/james-bond-black-tux/
This one's not based on any particular Bond film, it's pretty much just a tuxedo

James Bond - White Tux (Replaces White)

Link: https://ssbmtextures.com/characters/james-bond-white-tux/
This one's worn by Bond in 'Dr. No' and 'Spectre' (and also by Indiana Jones in Temple of Doom)

James Bond - Thunderball Suit (Replaces Gray)

Link: https://ssbmtextures.com/characters/james-bond-thunderball/
This one's based on the suit and helmet Bond wears in the jetpack scene in 'Thunderball';

Last edited:

spamitburns

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
burn#535
Last edited:
Top Bottom