• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

YamiTamashi

Smash Rookie
Has anyone actually put together a proper Blue Firefox/Firebird for Falco/Fox?

And has anyone figured out how to edit the Falco/Fox red laser aura that appears when you fire?

Trying to get Falco to have his laser effects 100% like brawl, but the blue falco laser edit isn't cutting it for my O.C.D. due to that red aura that appears.

Example of what I'm talking about: http://oi63.tinypic.com/1zlakvn.jpg

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone actually put together a proper Blue Firefox/Firebird for Falco/Fox?

And has anyone figured out how to edit the Falco/Fox red laser aura that appears when you fire?

Trying to get Falco to have his laser effects 100% like brawl, but the blue falco laser edit isn't cutting it for my O.C.D. due to that red aura that appears.

Example of what I'm talking about: http://oi63.tinypic.com/1zlakvn.jpg
Sadly, we still don't know how to alter those values. This post talks about how the game's memory resets the red aura from the laser every time you shoot a laser, therefore someone would need to find the assembly code that does this and edit the values which I don't think has been done yet.

YamiTamashi

Smash Rookie
Sadly, we still don't know how to alter those values. This post talks about how the game's memory resets the red aura from the laser every time you shoot a laser, therefore someone would need to find the assembly code that does this and edit the values which I don't think has been done yet.
: (

Any news on the Blue Firebird/Fox however? I know a complete Purple version was done

Osudude5

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how I can change the opacity of the texture on Marth's back? A link to an explanation of where or how to find these values would help too.

Allzombifood

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1822-0152-6057
Can you help me please?, Most of the Links are broken
EX: Shadow Flat Zone. Also, do you know a page like gamebannana for melee mods?
(modulus takes decades to load more skins...)
(Gamebannana has to few skins that i like...)

EDIT:I'm so dumb, i can search on Modulus...

Ive got a new Skin for YA!
its a Coke skin for sandbag.
Do you guys know how to upload images (from your computer to a post?)
Her'es the Copy & Paste

Name: Coke-a-Cola Sandbag
Can you even call it a bag?
Made By: Allzombifood
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/za3qtd21vfz5y23/PlSbNr.dat/file

I'm trying to add Paper Mario into Melee, wanna see the skin if it gets finished?
(Still wondering how to add my proof photos on here...)

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Are double posts for different skins okay?

Yeah, that's fine in this case. First of all, your posts are separated by a good amount of time anyway (and if you had just edited your previous post, it's more likely people might have missed your newer skin). You're not just bumping, you're actually adding new mods/content. Plus, I can see how posts adding new content can be nice to have separate, since you can then see which characters/costumes people 'Like' the most.

Do you guys know how to upload images (from your computer to a post?)
You can drag-and-drop an image from your computer directly onto the text area where you're writing your post. Or you can copy an image into your clipboard (CTRL-C) from within a program like paint, the snipping tool, or something like those, and paste it into the text area (CTRL-V). Or you can click on the insert image button and choose a file:
1547058939001.png

Last edited:

Allzombifood

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1822-0152-6057
Yeah, that's fine in this case. First of all, your posts are separated by a good amount of time anyway (and if you had just edited your previous post, it's more likely people might have missed your newer skin). You're not just bumping, you're actually adding new mods/content. Plus, I can see how posts adding new content can be nice to have separate, since you can then see which characters/costumes people 'Like' the most.

You can drag-and-drop an image from your computer directly onto the text area where you're writing your post. Or you can copy an image into your clipboard (CTRL-C) from within a program like paint, the snipping tool, or something like those, and paste it into the text area (CTRL-V). Or you can click on the insert image button and choose a file:
View attachment 186227
When i do that, my browser OPENS the Image...

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
Just pushed out a slight fix to the Wolf skin I made three years ago. His nose was slightly indented on the left side and I never noticed. But it's fixed now.

Old Nose.PNG

Fixed Nose.PNG

Despite being very happy with the skin I don't play with it much. So I only noticed it today while I was practicing. Nothing's changed besides that though.

You can get it here, as always; https://modulous.net/mod/1340/Fox (Wolf) Model Edit (CSP Included)

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Just pushed out a slight fix to the Wolf skin I made three years ago. His nose was slightly indented on the left side and I never noticed. But it's fixed now.

Despite being very happy with the skin I don't play with it much. So I only noticed it today while I was practicing. Nothing's changed besides that though.

You can get it here, as always; https://modulous.net/mod/1340/Fox (Wolf) Model Edit (CSP Included)
I respect the attention to detail! Thanks for the fix.

cdMyth

Controller Doctor
Writing Team
Please direct people to this guide if needed:)

Guide: Changing Pokemon Stadium's Platform Textures
I remembered trying to figure this out by digging around smashboards so I deiced to make a guide. Keep in mind this is a rather detailed guide so beginners who who aren't very experienced with DTW can figure it out.

1. Download Jorgasms fixed platform GrPs file. Big thanks to @Jorgasms!

2. Open your melee ISO file in the Dat Texture Wizard (DTW).
File --> Open Disc.

3. Scroll down and open the - Stage Files - tab.

4. If you want to replace your new Pokemon stadium with the no transformation version in 20XX, select GrPb.usd. If you want to replace the normal transformation version, select GrPs.usd. Then click on the "Browse Textures" button on the right.

5. Find the png or tpl file you want to replace the floor/platform texture with. It has to be 64x64. If you just want the normal ground texture but in different color, you can save the black and white version below then just change the hue/brightness of it in an image editor.

6. Now that you have your image, go back to the DTW and right click on the 0x3e3a0 texture and click "Import Texture". Now find the png or tpl file you want to replace the floor/platform texture with. You should see the updated texture.

7. Save your ISO file (Ctrl + S) and you're done! Now try it in Dolphin.

Hope this helps!

If I want to just replace the Pokeball in the center of the base Stadium with a custom image, do I follow these same steps? Or is this for the entire floor of Stadium when you say platform texture?

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
If I want to just replace the Pokeball in the center of the base Stadium with a custom image, do I follow these same steps? Or is this for the entire floor of Stadium when you say platform texture?
Hey cdMyth cdMyth ! This is purely for the floor textures on the PS platforms. If you just need to replace the Pokeball image, all you need to do is use the Dat Texture Wizard and swap out that particular texture for your image. Let me know if you need help on getting started with that.

someone knows how I can edit this I want to customize it ??

Hey YanPerez97 YanPerez97 ,

Check out this post:

https://smashboards.com/threads/dat-texture-wizard-current-version-5-5.373777/#post-17895928

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Does anyone have links to Black Suit Samus (under Dark) or Gold Samus (under Pink)? Both links in the OP are dead. I came looking for an astronaut skin, couldn't find one and was gonna try to recolor these works of art into one and slap on a nasa logo onnit.

Richasoarus Rex

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have links to Black Suit Samus (under Dark) or Gold Samus (under Pink)? Both links in the OP are dead. I came looking for an astronaut skin, couldn't find one and was gonna try to recolor these works of art into one and slap on a nasa logo onnit.
In order to find Black Suit Samus you could download an older version of 20xx(4.05) and open it in GC Rebuilder, extract the skin there maybe.

Meshmaster101

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to have asymmetry on Falco's front jacket? I want to put an emblem on the left chest of his jacket, but because of the way that the texture is mappedonto him, it shows up on the other side as well. Is there a way to get around this or is there no way to have asymmetric patterns there?
1558823098671.png

Last edited:

imgbyo

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to have asymmetry on Falco's front jacket? I want to put an emblem on the left chest of his jacket, but because of the way that the texture is mappedonto him, it shows up on the other side as well. Is there a way to get around this or is there no way to have asymmetric patterns there?View attachment 224419
I believe DRGN DRGN may know if its possible or not, you should ask him.

JoshuaMK

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how to modify the Glove Cursor on the Character Select Screen?
The Glove Cursor is actually made up of 3 images that you can freely change out with any picture of the same size within the MnSlChr.usd file. You can do this using DAT Texture Wizard and then going to the MnSlChr.usd file, and right click + importing whatever pictures you want. Thankfully these pictures are listed at the very top of the screen so you won't have to go file searching.

DRGN

Technowizard
I really like Minerali Minerali 's Paper Mario's Story stage skin, but there were a few things that bugged me about it, so I updated it a bit. Thought I'd share.

1560443364500.png

Name: Paper Mario's Story, v3
Made by: Minerali, DRGN
Modulous page: https://modulous.net/mod/1895/Paper Mario's Story, v3

My changes are:

- New textures for Mario and his shoes
- Fixed up edges of the Peach coin
- Animation frames added to the cloud
- Fixed mipmap textures (levels beyond 1 updated to match 1)​

Mario & Coin comparison.png

JoshuaMK

Smash Apprentice
DRGN DRGN It won't let me get to your page. It just gives a 401 error. Idk if this is just a me problem or if it's a universal issue...

JoshuaMK

Smash Apprentice
Always happy to help. I actually am super happy you updated this because I actually am using this texture hack for my mod I'm working on called,
"Super Smash Bros. Melee'd", and I had noticed those graphical issues. I definitely could've fixed it myself, but was busy working on other things in my mod.
I don't actually want to release this for a bit because it is still lacking imo, and I want to add some more stuff of my own before a release. Currently the only things I have created are a texture hack for Icicle Mountain and one for N64 Dream Land, and with Punkline's help, the ability to strike characters.

xPyroPunkx

Smash Rookie
NNID
xPyroPunkx
DRGN DRGN I really dig the Unique Closed Ports for the CSS, but the .usd is outdated. How easy would it be to update it? I haven't the foggiest how to add the extra port textures and set them to load individually and all that. Of course if I did, I'd have just done it myself :p

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I see people really like the gold gun for falco... I'm thinking of making on for Fox. Anyone interested?
I know it's been like two and a half years, but I finally got around to doing this. I also made an updated one for Falco. AND these textures now have green lasers for Fox, blue for Falco, and pink side-B's for both. I plan on uploading it sometime tomorrow on Modulous, so look out for it if you are interested :).

DRGN

Technowizard
Is there a way to have asymmetry on Falco's front jacket? I want to put an emblem on the left chest of his jacket, but because of the way that the texture is mappedonto him, it shows up on the other side as well. Is there a way to get around this or is there no way to have asymmetric patterns there?View attachment 224419
Sorry for the delayed response; just been busy and forgot. Yeah, it should be possible; in this case, you would need to add space to the file for it (after the last pointer in the file, unless you want to or are able to modify the relocation table), modify one of the image data headers to point to it, possibly reverse its direction (which you could do via a flag probably, or just flip the image horizontally in your image editor), and also change the file's size value in the header.

DRGN DRGN I really dig the Unique Closed Ports for the CSS, but the .usd is outdated. How easy would it be to update it? I haven't the foggiest how to add the extra port textures and set them to load individually and all that. Of course if I did, I'd have just done it myself :p
You mean use it with the current version of 20XX? It hasn't been easily doable, because the file would be too large to load; 20XX's CSS file is already larger than usual, for custom code and data tables, and it would need to be even bigger. I'm still optimistic for it to happen for the next version though. I mean, if that were a thing. Not that I would know.... :lol: But if it were, they should put some of your costumes in the new version too (and some of the others that have popped up in the last two years). :p

Can anyone re-upload "Outlaw Pikachu"?
Outlaw Pikachu (Gr)

Last edited:
Top Bottom