• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Yaruzu

Smash Cadet
So I want to make a Marill skin for Pikachu, but his body is almost all one texture. Is there a way to edit it where I can add the different colour for his belly?

ManXan

Smash Rookie
Not sure if people are still taking requests, but would anyone be able to turn Ganondorf into M.Bison from SF? It would be perfect!

HumanMeatPuppet

Smash Cadet
If we are going the SF route, C. falcon as Sagat would be super dope as well. Or perhaps Skullomania. Everybody loves him, right? Right?

ManXan

Smash Rookie
If we are going the SF route, C. falcon as Sagat would be super dope as well. Or perhaps Skullomania. Everybody loves him, right? Right?
Donkey Kong as Balrog... that's just a given, Sheik can be Ibuki since they both throw needles/kunais and have similar movesets, Luigi as Ken because Ken's shoryureppa and Luigi's sweetspot up B are extremely similar although I feel like this one would be the most difficult considering they look nothing alike lol, etc.The list goes on and on!

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
Donkey Kong as Balrog... that's just a given, Sheik can be Ibuki since they both throw needles/kunais and have similar movesets, Luigi as Ken because Ken's shoryureppa and Luigi's sweetspot up B are extremely similar although I feel like this one would be the most difficult considering they look nothing alike lol, etc.The list goes on and on!
Pika as Blank could be dope
and I think marth vega would be cool

Last edited:

Killgore52

Smash Rookie
Doctor Doom for green Ganondorf skin?? Simulating a hood on him would be hard. Maybe even change his audio so he laughs and says "Foot Dive!" when he down B's. I might make it or pitching the idea to you guys.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
How easy is to to texture Pokemon Stadium? I'm wondering if I can port an old Brawl texture I made to Melee.

Do the tools that you use for characters also work for stages? I've never edited any Melee files before.

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999

Would anyone be interested in making two Marth recolors that are comparable to these for Melee? I'd be super stoked if someone did it. I know how to do recolors, but Marth's vast amount of textures confuse me.
I decided to take up this request, but I only have the pink one done for now. I tried my best to get these colors down with what I can see in this picture, but hey, I had a fun time. I uploaded it over on my Modulous if you want to download it since we're moving downloads there.(Should I even be posting this here now?)

Anyways, the texture goes over White Marth

Side note: I also am considering taking up the other requests in this thread.

Last edited:

Teriyaki Weeaboo

Smash Rookie

Name: High-tier Climbers (replaces Neutral)
Made by: Minerali
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lnl5ct2blaj056c/Ice+Climbers+-+High+tier+climbers.zip

Name: Dream Land Climbers (replaces Red and White)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ltue5lhz7t69dx/Ice+Climbers+-+Dream+Land+Climbers.zip

Name: Mario Bros. (Replaces Orange and Light Blue)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nf83d8iz6ctfid9/Ice+Climbers+-+Mario+Bros.zip

Name: Wobbles (replaces Neutral)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rgns5ysuf23l2y4/Ice+Climbers+-+Wobbles.zip
Do you think you could make a version of the high tier climbers that replace green and yellow? There's just so many costumes that replace neutral for them already.

_Finch

Smash Rookie
I decided to take up this request, but I only have the pink one done for now. I tried my best to get these colors down with what I can see in this picture, but hey, I had a fun time. I uploaded it over on my Modulous if you want to download it since we're moving downloads there.(Should I even be posting this here now?)

Anyways, the texture goes over White Marth

Side note: I also am considering taking up the other requests in this thread.
WOAH! Dude this is so sick, I really really appreciate you taking this request!

HumanMeatPuppet

Smash Cadet
Do you think you could make a version of the high tier climbers that replace green and yellow? There's just so many costumes that replace neutral for them already.
You can already do that yourself with the DAT Texture Wizard under the CCC tab. (stands for character color converter) You'll need the file that it will replace as it just replaces the information on the texture rather than just replacing it on its own.

Seems a little complicated at first, but if you work meticulously, and use folders to your advantage, you should be good to go.

og stacks

Smash Rookie
When I try to change the sign the guy is holding on Yoshi Story it glitches the main sprite and replaces the sign with a strawberry texture can anymore help

Repskrillian

Smash Rookie
The 20GX Falcon skin (on the first page under his neutral skins) isn't working in 20XX 4.05, it works perfectly in 20XXTE though. When I try to use it in 4.05 the game freezes when I select a stage. Can anyone help?

L.O.S.T.30-3

Smash Cadet
Would anyone care to edit Final Destination (GrNLa.dat) so that the yellow moving pattern & the edge of the stage are the same color blue as Foxe's Reflector/Shine & the red under the stage is white?

I need it for a stage mod I'm working on. I'll include whoever does the color editing as co-author. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

whims

Smash Apprentice
When I try to change the sign the guy is holding on Yoshi Story it glitches the main sprite and replaces the sign with a strawberry texture can anymore help
detail the process and i'll try to help

The 20GX Falcon skin (on the first page under his neutral skins) isn't working in 20XX 4.05, it works perfectly in 20XXTE though. When I try to use it in 4.05 the game freezes when I select a stage. Can anyone help?
again, detail how you're replacing and i'll try to help

Repskrillian

Smash Rookie
detail the process and i'll try to help

again, detail how you're replacing and i'll try to help
It's supposed to replace the neutral Falcon skin, which is PlCaNr.dat iirc, I just import the file over that using the gcrebuilder. Like I mentioned it works in 20xxte, I think it may just be incompatible with the 20xx hack pack (if it even works like that)

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
It's supposed to replace the neutral Falcon skin, which is PlCaNr.dat iirc, I just import the file over that using the gcrebuilder. Like I mentioned it works in 20xxte, I think it may just be incompatible with the 20xx hack pack (if it even works like that)
try DAT texture wizard. Do other texture hacks in 20xx work? Can you use that skin with another stage, perhaps? redownload the skin, if it wasn't archived it's entirely possible the download got botched at the end and you may just have a bad file.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
trying replace the .usd ? not sure.

whims

Smash Apprentice
have u tried it on the .lat and .rat? if those don't work idk; i do remember some of falcon's skins being weird

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
So I'm looking for a particular fox skin and was wondering if anyone has a link to it.

I saw it on Mango's stream, it looks a lot like the "Greaser Fox" skin (http://s11.postimg.org/gj8q3tokz/GALE01.png) but with a black helmet and it's an alt colour for the original white fox ("greaser fox" replaces green).

Anyone know where I can find this skin to replace the original (white) fox? Or is it a custom one that only he owns?

Repskrillian

Smash Rookie
Do other texture hacks in 20xx work?
Yes, I have a bunch of other Falcon textures in 20XX and stage mods.
you may just have a bad file.
It works in 20XXTE, which I know is completely different from the hack pack by achilles but I don't know why it would work in that but not the hack pack if I did the same procedure in both. Also, it freezes in 4.05 and 3.02.
have u tried it on the .lat and .rat? if those don't work idk; i do remember some of falcon's skins being weird
I tried it on the .rat but not the .lat, it froze on that too.

whims

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I have a bunch of other Falcon textures in 20XX and stage mods.

It works in 20XXTE, which I know is completely different from the hack pack by achilles but I don't know why it would work in that but not the hack pack if I did the same procedure in both. Also, it freezes in 4.05 and 3.02.

I tried it on the .rat but not the .lat, it froze on that too.
what program/process are u using to import it?

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys for all of you having issues where your mods get corrupted when uploading to Modulous i tried an experimental fix that should make sure it does not happen anymore.

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
So I'm looking for a particular fox skin and was wondering if anyone has a link to it.

I saw it on Mango's stream, it looks a lot like the "Greaser Fox" skin (http://s11.postimg.org/gj8q3tokz/GALE01.png) but with a black helmet and it's an alt colour for the original white fox ("greaser fox" replaces green).

Anyone know where I can find this skin to replace the original (white) fox? Or is it a custom one that only he owns?
Since I couldn't find what I was looking for, I ended up just figuring out how to modify/replace textures and I made my own. I think it turned out pretty well:
my fox.png

This one replaces fox's neutral (default) skin. I've uploaded it incase anyone else would like to use it. http://www.mediafire.com/download/d19qbb224b7aum7/PlFxNr_-_Greaser_Fox_Alternate.dat

Credit to Kitsune91 & VikingSteeez for the original "Greaser Fox" skin.

Last edited:

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Pika as Blank could be dope
and I think marth vega would be cool
Hiya! I this isn't the greatest texture hack I've made, but I tried doing it since Vega is a cool character for me, I tried my best though! It includes a masked and unmasked version!

I have to say, this is one of the funniest texture hacks I've done. I didn't even know Skullomania existed until I took this request! It took a while to complete it, but I did it!

Last edited:

HumanMeatPuppet

Smash Cadet
I have to say, this is one of the funniest texture hacks I've done. I didn't even know Skullomania existed until I took this request! It took a while to complete it, but I did it!

Skullomania Captain Falcon
Made by: SIrlinkerz
Download: http://modulous.net/mod/909/Captain Falcon's Skullomania outfit
Thank you! It looks awesome! Unfortunately, it seems the links aren't working. It may not be on your end since I went onto the website as well, found it posted on your profile, and I'm still getting an error message. Hopefully it gets worked out soon so I can add this sick costume to my build!

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Thank you! It looks awesome! Unfortunately, it seems the links aren't working. It may not be on your end since I went onto the website as well, found it posted on your profile, and I'm still getting an error message. Hopefully it gets worked out soon so I can add this sick costume to my build!
Oh! Thanks! This is a little bit embarassing, but it turns out, I forgot to publish the mod over on modulous and I ended up linking the edit page. Thank you for finding interest in my mod!

whims

Smash Apprentice
How did you get the shine insignia to work in 4.05? I've only been able to do it in the previous versions.
make the ifall.usd like you would for a vanilla melee mod, then rename it ifal0.usd and import it or drag and replace in the root folder

Top Bottom