• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Minerali

Smash Apprentice
Been messing with color structs, here's some results

Name: Alienpuff V2 (replaces Green or Red)
Made by: minerali
Download: http://modulous.net/mod/350/Alienpuff

• Now has a green alien-like glow
  • Fixed an issue where her eyes sometimes appeared inverted
  • Redid some of her eye textures
  • Now it can also go over Jigglypuff's Green Headband costume

Name: Alienchu (replaces Green)
Made by: Minerali
download: http://modulous.net/mod/460/Alienchu

Name: Arizona Pikachu (replaces Blue)
Download: http://modulous.net/mod/461/Arizona Pikachu

Name: Tempo Storm Pikachu (replaces Blue)
Download: http://modulous.net/mod/462/Tempo Storm Pikachu

DRGN

Technowizard
If you guys want Modulous to work with DTW I want to tell you it's possible, in fact, I built an automated mod manager for brawl, but because Modulous failed for Brawl it was not used by anyone.

However, DTW is not free software, so DRGN will need to do that instead.

The site has an open API that you can use for this purpose:

https://github.com/EIREXE/SpaceDock/blob/dev/api.md
Wait, what? DTW is totally free. I even give out the source code to those who request it.

L3thalNAC

Smash Rookie
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211894 Would someone be able to make a Akatsuki Falco? someone made one in brawl that looks pretty awesome would prefer falco as blue though. is there anyway to convert brawl textures to melee?

also a Morpheus/Neo or Solid snake fox skin would be epic or Karate kid :)

Master Roshi fox

or a MK raiden fox

please Lord someone make one of em

Last edited:

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
My hard-drive with Melee on it recently got deleted, which means I lost all my textures. Before it got deleted, I had a Falco texture with the (I think) Naruto Curse Mark on it, like this. I can't seem to find it now. Does anybody know where it is?

... or at least I think it was Curse Mark. Either way, it was a Naruto Falco skin (replaced green Falco) and it was the only Falco skin I'd use.

Last edited:

Minerali

Smash Apprentice
Updated my pusheen boys and made two new pikachu costumes

---

Name: Pusheen Jigglypuff V2 (replaces neutral)
Download: http://modulous.net/mod/412/Pusheen Jigglypuff

Name: Pusheen Pikachu V2 (replaces neutral)
Download: http://modulous.net/mod/413/Pusheen Pikachu

Name: Definitely Not Ditto (replaces red)
Download: http://modulous.net/mod/464/Definitely Not Ditto

Name: Mimikyuu [name is placeholder until his english name is revealed] (replaces red)
Download: http://modulous.net/mod/465/Mimikyuu

HumanMeatPuppet

Smash Cadet
I only got halfway through to page 90, I would have added more but as DRGN has stated previously, the main and secondary posts are simply becoming too laggy to edit. I realize this makes finding new textures a hassle but there is simply nothing I can to do correct the lagginess, so if you are someone that creates MANY textures, I would encourage to create your own single post in this thread and to simply keep adding on to it whenever you create new skins as this would make finding textures a bit easier for people rather than having to scour through the 100 pages of this thread. If you do take this advice and create a post that contains all your textures, I would advise you put a link to said post in your signature.
Would it be fruitful for someone to make new posts containing all the textures? I could probably do that, or even start a new thread and just update it with new textures as they come.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The problem isn't who makes the posts, it's having so many pictures on one page. Your browser loads all of the images at once even if they're in spoiler tags, so this topic takes forever to finish loading compared to normal ones.
I already moved all my hacks to modulous, I feel it has the potential and it's way better looking than brawl vault. I encourage every one to consider the same, this thread is getting too stacked and a lot of stuff gets lost.

Name: Beach Story
Download: http://modulous.net/mod/448/Beach Story
Dude, this one is amazing. I'd use it with this Yoshi's Story song right from the game: http://smashcustommusic.com/2513

I'm glad that people are starting to centralize their hacks on another site. Modulous has been around for over a year but it never really took off for Brawl, so we may as well start using it for Melee. And it will make this thread more readable.

Minerali

Smash Apprentice
L L3thalNAC yo, that's my Pain Marth! Tell me which marth color do you have it over and I'll remove them for you

Dude, this one is amazing. I'd use it with this Yoshi's Story song right from the game: http://smashcustommusic.com/2513

I'm glad that people are starting to centralize their hacks on another site. Modulous has been around for over a year but it never really took off for Brawl, so we may as well start using it for Melee. And it will make this thread more readable.
rofl, I need to add that song to my build

and yeah, the first post is already too full, there's 100+ mods that probably haven't been added yet and some others that get buried. I hope modulous becomes the standard.

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Would anybody be down with making an American Flag Ganondorf? Like just his cape as the flag and then a few recolors as if he was wearing an American jacket and pants or something.

Would be cool and much appreciated!

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Would it be fruitful for someone to make new posts containing all the textures? I could probably do that, or even start a new thread and just update it with new textures as they come.
I don't think so. Soon everyone is probably going to start using Modulous or someone will create a better site.

I just spoke to the owner/creator of Modulous.net, and I would highly advise everyone to start moving their skins to that site. Soon he will be adding a tag system similar to Booru sites, so searching for skins/stages will be extremely easy. Although it may act as simply a place to discuss textures, the main and initial purpose of this thread will simply be replaced by Modulous, as all skins are submitted via user rather than 1 or 2 people adding them in. If anyone would like to volunteer to add the skins from the main post to the site, please let me know, as I do not wish to do such, but will do so if no one else wants to. It's been a cool ride guys, I didn't think the thread would ever grow to be this large and populated, and I am honestly very happy with the way the community is headed in the direction of extreme creativity. So keep on making cool textures guys, but please please please go to Modulous. Thanks

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so. Soon everyone is probably going to start using Modulous or someone will create a better site.

I just spoke to the owner/creator of Modulous.net, and I would highly advise everyone to start moving their skins to that site. Soon he will be adding a tag system similar to Booru sites, so searching for skins/stages will be extremely easy. Although it may act as simply a place to discuss textures, the main and initial purpose of this thread will simply be replaced by Modulous, as all skins are submitted via user rather than 1 or 2 people adding them in. If anyone would like to volunteer to add the skins from the main post to the site, please let me know, as I do not wish to do such, but will do so if no one else wants to. It's been a cool ride guys, I didn't think the thread would ever grow to be this large and populated, and I am honestly very happy with the way the community is headed in the direction of extreme creativity. So keep on making cool textures guys, but please please please go to Modulous. Thanks
Yes.

Fivezz

Smash Rookie
If possible, someone should definitely make a Kaneki skin for marth, preferably for the red alt so that his sword's slash color is red. I think his hair is perfect for it.

Minerali

Smash Apprentice
Minerali Minerali how are you so good at making textures? You make them so fast and all of them are great!
Thanks a lot! I had some previous experience doing brawl hacks before, I never did anything too complex though

I also am a graphic design student and I'm pretty good using photoshop so doing texture hacks is a perfect fit for me

If anyone would like to volunteer to add the skins from the main post to the site, please let me know, as I do not wish to do such, but will do so if no one else wants to.
I can do it

L3thalNAC

Smash Rookie
Minerali Minerali ya hes sweet :), But ah ok I have to leave him on red to have everything removed. Was testing trying to add more spots on his cape and shirt and the shoulder pads and everything appeared (switched it to neutral color) thank you for the reply

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
can you change the order of the characters on the css and can you add more slots for alternate colors? (ik its possible in pm but idk about melee)

easyaspi314

Smash Rookie
Unmasked Meta Knight Kirby (SSB4) for 20XX
Here's a preview for what I am uploading as soon as I can get my Modulous account working! It is the R-alternate for blue.

Kirby approves, how about you?

Edit: This is up! Release Post

Last edited:

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I used to have a Naruto Falco skin with I think the Curse Mark on it. Does anybody know where I can find it? I accidently erased my 20xx.
Posting the same thing twice on the same page isn't going to help. Don't do this again please, or I'm sure your messages will simply be deleted.

Josh Bullock

Smash Rookie
Does anybody know how to replace a texture with its default? For example I made my fox and falco Up B purple flames and now whenever you down air with falco or use a smash move with fox or falco the opponent engulfs in the purple flame and it makes it hard to see them, so how do I replace the texture with the default?

HumanMeatPuppet

Smash Cadet
Does anybody know how to replace a texture with its default? For example I made my fox and falco Up B purple flames and now whenever you down air with falco or use a smash move with fox or falco the opponent engulfs in the purple flame and it makes it hard to see them, so how do I replace the texture with the default?
You'll have rebuild your 20XX iso in order to do so and remove that particular file prior to putting all the new files in.

easyaspi314

Smash Rookie
You'll have rebuild your 20XX iso in order to do so and remove that particular file prior to putting all the new files in.
Agreed. I also suggest duplicating your vanilla 20XX rom and putting it in a safe folder. You can always extract the default .dat files if you need them.

You can do that by dragging the rom to the new folder holding Ctrl (Windows) or Option (Mac).

That way, it won't happen again. However, if you are low on space, you can export the default .dat files first to a safe place before you mod them.

Josh Bullock

Smash Rookie
Agreed. I also suggest duplicating your vanilla 20XX rom and putting it in a safe folder. You can always extract the default .dat files if you need them.

You can do that by dragging the rom to the new folder holding Ctrl (Windows) or Option (Mac).

That way, it won't happen again. However, if you are low on space, you can export the default .dat files first to a safe place before you mod them.
I wish it didn't have to come to this but oh well haha thanks for the help guys, I'll see if I can figure out how to do that

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, first of all I want to tell you again that I appreciate you all for using Modulous.

I've continued working on the booru style tagging system that follows my own booru-styled tagging standard and I can say that it should be done really soon.

If you want to know how tagging will work you can check out the document I linked for more info.

Last edited:

SipDatLean

Smash Rookie
Your welcome! I'm really glad you like it. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ I just started working on making my own texture mods last week and this was my first upload.
yo the download link is broken though, tried to get it today and its not going through

_Finch

Smash Rookie

Would anyone be interested in making two Marth recolors that are comparable to these for Melee? I'd be super stoked if someone did it. I know how to do recolors, but Marth's vast amount of textures confuse me.

Last edited:

ManXan

Smash Rookie
Marth - Shadow Sword.zip

The effect has been termed Darkness.
Does this link still work? I tried using it but nothing changed. Everything else I tried seemed to work except for this, is there a specific way to do this since it's not a costume?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work. You are a legend for uploading this because it took me so long to find!

Last edited:
Top Bottom