• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Luigi Mansion "Is the final boss fought on a roof or in a painting?" thread

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
...You guys are STILL having this discussion? It was ridiculous enough that you had to call me and ask me about it. -.-

:069:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Man it's been forever since I played/owned this game lol. All I remember right now is fighting on the roof. Care to share some back story on the topic D:?

AfroQT

Smash Master
Man it's been forever since I played/owned this game lol. All I remember right now is fighting on the roof. Care to share some back story on the topic D:?
How is it on a roof, you VERY CLEARLY get sucked in through a painting.
I don't understand IT IS NOT ON A ROOF IT IS IN PAINT WORLD. YOU EVEN GET KICKED OUT OF IT FOR BEATING HIM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdcH4CCy1WI

Seibrik = On roof
Afro = In a painting

Bet = 1 dollar

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I recant my earlier post lol. This fight happens inside of a painting. King boo refers to it as a painting when he speaks to Luigi. If it was a simple place like the roof of the mansion I seriously doubt Mario would have difficulty leaving. When the camera pans out at the end of the fight it's shown that it's a replica of what looks to be the roof of the Mansion.Luigi wouldn't need to be kicked out of a painting when he could take the 'door' down stairs that's in the middle of the stage/battlefield/whatever lol.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
To be technical, it takes place inside the painting of a roof.

So, it depends whether Seibrik said if it took place on "a" roof or "the" roof. If the former, it's a draw. If the latter, Afro wins.

:069: ...I guess.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
What Polt said. I had a whole post written because afro's topic says 'on a roof or in a painting? ' when I saw his posts in here saying 'the roof' after I wrote it all up I had to go and make a heavy edit to my post to avoid looking silly lol. This was a fun topic either way though.

Purple

Hi guys!
FLorida gets mad serious :bee:

It's been said a couple of times. However with how Afro worded the question, it's technically a draw; it's fought on a roof as well as in a painting.

DOODE

Smash Cadet
Although it may appear to be in a painting on a roof. If you collect the secret clues around the game(just search youtube to find out what they are, but I do remember you get one for beating the first boo within 45 seconds of the games start), you'll find the entire thing was a dream. Therefore, my conclusion is both of you are wrong and the correct answer is that it took place IN A DREAM in a painting on a roof.

Top Bottom