• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Official LINK VIDEO Thread

JOJO94

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vintage_Rider
I'm no professional Link, but from what I've seen, most Links (including me) go for the N-Air to approach, which can be punished really hard when shielded, and what I'm trying to do is go for more F-Air than N-Airs since it spaces more than N-Air and it can be safer...
I actually think that F-Air is very risky against Shiek, because of her wavedash in to grab. She can grab you before you get out of landing lag. At least with N-Air, you can buffer spot dodge if you hit the shield.

The thing I saw you did against Sheik's throws is DIing from left to right too consistently, causing me to think you were frustrated by that or you tried to read his approaches with the chaingrabs, but that's pretty readable.
Yeah, on the FD game. I wasn't frustrated. But I do think that since you can't do much against the chaingrab, you DI up on a platform or off stage and go for a recovery. There is no use trying to confuse a Shiek with DIs, because Link is way too easy to chaingrab.

Though I should have had more UP-Air setups, and UP-B too, since D-Throw -> UP-B is a true combo above 60% against Shiek.

Thanks for the insight. I could still try and work on ledge cancel, that could be really good for pulling out safe D-Airs.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I actually think that F-Air is very risky against Shiek, because of her wavedash in to grab. She can grab you before you get out of landing lag. At least with N-Air, you can buffer spot dodge if you hit the shield.

Yeah, on the FD game. I wasn't frustrated. But I do think that since you can't do much against the chaingrab, you DI up on a platform or off stage and go for a recovery. There is no use trying to confuse a Shiek with DIs, because Link is way too easy to chaingrab.

Though I should have had more UP-Air setups, and UP-B too, since D-Throw -> UP-B is a true combo above 60% against Shiek.

Thanks for the insight. I could still try and work on ledge cancel, that could be really good for pulling out safe D-Airs.
F-Air is very risky against Sheik because of that? Hmph... I didn't know that, actually, but thanks for telling me! I need to keep that in mind, since Sheik is Link's worst MU, and so is mine.

When a Sheik chaingrabs me on a platform-based stage, I ALWAYS try DIing to the top of the platform, and maybe try teching away once I land.

Yeah, about that, you should "spam" those moves more in the sense of using them more than you did on those games, but not ALL the time, you know? D-Throw > Up-B can be confirmed on non-floaty characters, so basicaly half the roster or more than that.

You're very welcome! You should really try it out! I think a succesful ledgecanceled Z-Air on someone to D-Air could work greatly at some percent.

I hope you do well at the money match, haha.

Last edited:

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
I find retreating fairs are safer than approaching fairs as the latter is easy to get punished with a shield grab. It's also easier to space a retreating fair over an approaching one imo.

For Dthrow to Up B, it depends on what character and percent your opponent is at for it to connect. The risky part is getting that grab considering Link's grab is laggy.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I find retreating fairs are safer than approaching fairs as the latter is easy to get punished with a shield grab. It's also easier to space a retreating fair over an approaching one imo.

For Dthrow to Up B, it depends on what character and percent your opponent is at for it to connect. The risky part is getting that grab considering Link's grab is laggy.
With retreated F-Airs you mean doing a F-Air but moving backwards as opposed to an approaching F-Air, right?

It mostly works on most of the characters, despite the percent. Yeah. :_:

Last edited:

Kyler

Smash Cadet
u guys prob already know this but whenever I play links on netplay (when im playing sheik) I find that its really easy to edgeguard link if hes above or on level with the stage but when they recover low (which is prob standard for links idk i dont play him) it becomes really hard because it takes out half of my edgeguarding options like needles and nair/fair so if u guys dont do that against sheik it would prob be good to learn thats all i know

garotis

Smash Cadet
They never expect THE CLASSIC*

* The Classic - Aerial Up-B into I-don't-know-how-to-smash-DI-this-oh-god-it's-too-late-anyway into Death.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
So I have a couple more Pacific Northwest Majors money matches to show. These two players made top 16.

Rollerbob vs Kidlink

Big D vs Kidlink

This next set is from a Lowtier only bracket I hosted and ran at the venue.
Rollerbob vs Kidlink

This set is also from the Melee Lowtier bracket. Different streamer though.
I have one more set I need to upload.

All criticism is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
I don't know who said fair will get wavedash grabbed [didn't check the user] but that is factually incorrect. Fair on shield is 0 if it's fresh and you L-cancel it and hit shield one frame above the ground [Fox nair is same safety on shield, for the record]. Fair -> spotdodge on shield perfectly CANNOT be punished between the fair and the spotdodge by ANY character in the game [unless shielddropping has literally zero lag but I believe it has 3 frames of lag... even if it has one, shielddrop shine and shielddrop rest are too slow, something to ask Kadano I guess]. That said, they can obviously punish the spotdodge, but they can't punish the fair. You need to space out of shield grab range and hit the shield low enough, but you can avoid getting grabbed for fairing a shield [or at least make them read your next move to land a grab]. And for the record, wavedash grab is a frame 20 option at the EARLIEST [3 frames of jumpsquat minimum + 10 frames of landing lag on waveland + 7 frames startup for a grab MINIMUM = 20 frames... and there might be an obligatory one frame of airtime in there that makes it slower, I'd need to ask (you guessed it) Kadano or something].

I will try to comeback and critique later [especially if someone tags me or whatever and asks], but I don't have that much time and just came to drop off some videos of my own.

[Thor vs C#]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdlBZ6hTr6I

[Thor vs Phobos]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxzB4bQVrFE

[Thor vs Colum]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-WVKCEPO6w

[Thor vs C#, different set from first one, this one has some sick/silly stuff lol]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIsWaPczwtY

[Thor vs Drugfreechu]: He uses 4 different characters. I feel I am not that great at Link Fox and he picked Fox in response to DL CP so I just went Samus to try it since I'm considering picking her up. 10:02 [Link vs Marth moment] is pretty cool and something I've never done/seen before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdzguOkluC4

I already know some of my own flaws and things to work on, but by all means point out anything you see. Also, feel free to only watch one video [or even just part of one], watching them all would take a lot of time lol.

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
Been a while since I've recorded some sets, so here's a whole chunk of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuSh1QNf_EQ

My opponents, who they played as, and which games appear at what time are in the description (you can click the times to skip to that time). I'm not pleased with how I played in this video. I made a lot of stupid decisions and SDed a few times in one set, accidentally paused in another so I forfeited my stock. I was feeling really out of it, but I don't like making johns. I know I can do better, I just gotta prove myself whenever I get that opportunity again. The first three sets were arguably my worst ones (even though I won the first set), around the 4th set I became aware that I was autopiloting more or less but still won that. It was around the Puff player when I felt engaged and "snapped out of it". I lost, but I saw a significant improvement in my decisions and felt much more aware during that set. Falcons are still giving me trouble so I still need to learn how to deal with that MU (imo, it's one of the MUs we should be focusing on and discussing more as it seems most of our Links have trouble with the MU). Still looking for critiques as usual.

LegendaryLinkPlayer

Smash Rookie
around 20 seconds in you threw a bomb up into shiek's shield and then immediately got hit by it when you attacked with an up air. The thing about bombs is they always bounce slightly back in the direction they were thrown from, but mostly they pop straight up. This means a bomb thrown up through a shield will pinball slightly pinning your opponent in place. If you had upsmashed in that scenario it would have connected because the bomb would have caused enough shield damage to expose shieks feet, or you could have pulled another bomb, pivoted, and up thrown to cause the same effect on the other half of shieks shield for the jankest shield pressure available

@SAUS you could have used this technique in your set against Ice at GOML, he kept light shielding on platforms to avoid your bomb shenanigans

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
Another weekly(ish) Melee Netplay video. I felt like I could've done better, there were a lot of input flubs and me not executing what I wanted to do. As usual my opponents are in the description and the timestamps for when each game starts is listed, you can click them to skip to each game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JMP64ckWrM

Cyko Melody

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6723-5956
My buddy in the Sacramento area went up against the number 1 ranked Davis player. Thought you guys would've loved this set.

squirrels4ev

Smash Apprentice
I just can't seem to handle laser pressure. Any tips?
I think that in general, not shielding is key as Link, unless you can powershield reliably. The reason I say this is because Link's OoS options are too slow to catch Falco if he laser>approaches, and are also too slow to not get hit if Falco laser>lasers. The exception to this is when you're holding a bomb already, which is when shield becomes the go-to option to escape laser pressure. When falco lasers, he is shorthopping, which limits how far he can travel horizontally before he lands. I'm not sure if using the laser slows his horizontal momentum, but it's not very relevant here. The point is, once you see Falco jump, he can only land in a small space on either side of where he jumps from, and a smash thrown bomb will travel through most of that space and do 1 of 3 things, all of which will alleviate laser pressure.

1.) The bomb will hit Falco. This is the best outcome. When this happens, depending on how far from Falco you are and his percent, you can either get a followup or you can pull another bomb and reset favorable neutral. A followup that I like for laser-heavy Falcos that are far away is boomerang, because many of them will tech in place and immediately start lasering again, which will get them hit. Pull another bomb after boomerang and you're back to neutral. Close range low% Falcos can be grabbed out of bomb. FJ nair is decent in a lot of the in-between ranges. You can also just jump to the platform and pull a bomb in air if you don't see a good opening.

2.) Falco's laser will hit the bomb. This is the worst thing that can happen. I'm not even sure now if the laser stops when it hits a bomb, but I think it does. I know it bounces the bomb away from Falco, allowing him to continue lasering. If he was close to you the bomb might hit you. If the laser also stops when it hits the bomb, which it should, now that I think of what happens when a laser shoots an item crate, then that's one laser in a string of lasers that isn't going to hit you. This gives you time to jump to the platform on any stage besides FD to get a new bomb out.

3.) Falco lands in time to shield the bomb. This can happen if you time your bomb throw incorrectly. This is also fine for the same reason the second outcome is fine, which is that it means that Falco has to stop lasering for enough time for you to jump to a platform and pull a bomb.

If you don't have a bomb when you're getting lasered, it's probably best to just get hit and do something out of the hit, like jab, or dash/ dashing jump away. Jab is fast (for Link, at least) and safe, and has a good range which can catch an approaching Falco and mess up his timing. Dsmash is harder to CC than jab but isn't safe and can lead to a free punish if spaced incorrectly.

Edit: Only watched through the set once so not sure if you did any smash bombs OoS, but the way you do those is to cancel you jumpsquat with a smash throw. I use Y>Z+Control Stick, like a JC grab input with a smash in the direction of the throw. If you use R to shield and only use one finger for R and Z, you could also pull it off with a sliding input from Y to A with a smash input on the control stick timed alongside the A press, but that's hard for me to do.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I think that in general, not shielding is key as Link, unless you can powershield reliably. The reason I say this is because Link's OoS options are too slow to catch Falco if he laser>approaches, and are also too slow to not get hit if Falco laser>lasers. The exception to this is when you're holding a bomb already, which is when shield becomes the go-to option to escape laser pressure. When falco lasers, he is shorthopping, which limits how far he can travel horizontally before he lands. I'm not sure if using the laser slows his horizontal momentum, but it's not very relevant here. The point is, once you see Falco jump, he can only land in a small space on either side of where he jumps from, and a smash thrown bomb will travel through most of that space and do 1 of 3 things, all of which will alleviate laser pressure.

1.) The bomb will hit Falco. This is the best outcome. When this happens, depending on how far from Falco you are and his percent, you can either get a followup or you can pull another bomb and reset favorable neutral. A followup that I like for laser-heavy Falcos that are far away is boomerang, because many of them will tech in place and immediately start lasering again, which will get them hit. Pull another bomb after boomerang and you're back to neutral. Close range low% Falcos can be grabbed out of bomb. FJ nair is decent in a lot of the in-between ranges. You can also just jump to the platform and pull a bomb in air if you don't see a good opening.

2.) Falco's laser will hit the bomb. This is the worst thing that can happen. I'm not even sure now if the laser stops when it hits a bomb, but I think it does. I know it bounces the bomb away from Falco, allowing him to continue lasering. If he was close to you the bomb might hit you. If the laser also stops when it hits the bomb, which it should, now that I think of what happens when a laser shoots an item crate, then that's one laser in a string of lasers that isn't going to hit you. This gives you time to jump to the platform on any stage besides FD to get a new bomb out.

3.) Falco lands in time to shield the bomb. This can happen if you time your bomb throw incorrectly. This is also fine for the same reason the second outcome is fine, which is that it means that Falco has to stop lasering for enough time for you to jump to a platform and pull a bomb.

If you don't have a bomb when you're getting lasered, it's probably best to just get hit and do something out of the hit, like jab, or dash/ dashing jump away. Jab is fast (for Link, at least) and safe, and has a good range which can catch an approaching Falco and mess up his timing. Dsmash is harder to CC than jab but isn't safe and can lead to a free punish if spaced incorrectly.

Edit: Only watched through the set once so not sure if you did any smash bombs OoS, but the way you do those is to cancel you jumpsquat with a smash throw. I use Y>Z+Control Stick, like a JC grab input with a smash in the direction of the throw. If you use R to shield and only use one finger for R and Z, you could also pull it off with a sliding input from Y to A with a smash input on the control stick timed alongside the A press, but that's hard for me to do.
I think my main issue, as you put it, is I hide in the shield. Thanks for listing all my options, this really helped!

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I really struggle with the Falco MU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCD6Yyaxk64

I just can't seem to handle laser pressure. Any tips?
In addition to avoiding getting stuck in shield as Squirrels mentioned, you need to be have good out of shield options if you do find yourself blocking. You were too reliant on shield grab.

1. SH nair/bair out of shield have usefulness in various situations. I like to nair out of shield and fade back to protect myself when getting out of shield, or the same with bair if they're behind your shield. Full jump nair is also good obviously.

2. Up-b out of shield is nice if spacies do a high aerial on your shield.

3. Wavedash out of shield is also pretty useful if you want to reposition but stay grounded.

squirrels4ev

Smash Apprentice
Another MM, this time against Bladewise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ4TkpPbQZw

Any critique is always welcome. I feel like I'm being gimped by turnips way to often in this set. Any tips?
I don't recall seeing you get gimped by a turnip ever now that I read your comment on the set again after watching. He definitely edgeguarded your bombjumps with them but that's just something you can't get around without a doublejump if peach knows what to do. You recovered around turnips correctly except for maybe at the 2:20 edgeguard when you up-B early and get dash attacked into missed tether. I noticed you get a bit set on dair after getting a kill with it in game 3, attempting to use it on the low percent peach. I'd say just be more mindful of the percents you and your opponent are at and try not to fish for committal moves like that because that's really easy to read and punish after you see anyone do a move like dair at the wrong time even once. If I ever see a Marth fsmash when it's not safe I add it to the list of things I'm watching for and end up baiting and shield-grabbing it.

A lot of what you're doing in the matchup looks fine to me, but I think you need more projectiles in neutral. I didn't like the DL pick especially if you aren't going to camp the top platform with bombs. FD and PS are probably your best stages. They are both wide on stage, which gives you space to setup projectiles. FD has no platforms for Peach to escape onto, and the only thing peach can do to get down through uair is to airdodge at the right time, which is a guessing game between the players. None of her aerials can come down onto uair, and without platforms to mix you up on, you can get easy uair strings that will lead to kills off the top, which work regardless of DI. PS has a lower ceiling for earlier kills and no top platform, but Peach can sometimes get down to the side platforms just before she gets hit which will give her back her float, which helps her get around uair. PS platforms are low small which makes it easier to cover multiple tech options with dair. Peach is one of the slowest high tiers, which lets Link take full advantage of his strong projectile wall to win neutral through repeated chip damage. Turnips aren't enough to get through bombs and boomerangs, and bombs, boomerangs, and bomb>aerials are safe chip damage on peach, eventually leading to bomb or grab setups into uair or dair to kill peach off the top. You can even do things like bomb->jump through nair if peach comes really close to you in a float at low percents where she might be fast enough to hit you if you land close to her out of a uair. I saw you making some good use of jab when it was appropriate as well on FD, to keep her from closing in on you before you jump away into bomb pull.

I think generally just approach less, even if peach is in the lead. She has a hard time catching Link and you've got a whole 8 minutes to work with. Be patient and openings will present themselves as you play a safe neutral game. Watch SAUS vs. Kalamazu at GOML 2015 to see a great example of this. Notice how neither player will commit because both characters combo each other so well. Take your uairs as far as you can but don't get greedy. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Link wins the Peach and ICs matchups narrowly if he camps correctly. Peach is at worst an even matchup.

I'd work on mixing ledge hop aerials into your play and figuring out when it's okay to roll to get out of your shield. Maybe you avoid the aerials because you used to get CCed out of them a lot but there are times when they're appropriate. Similarly, you probably don't roll because you learned early on that it's easy to punish, but it's one of Link's only safe options in a lot of situations (which is why it's generally bad to shield with Link), it's just something you have to retrain yourself to do at the right time.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I don't recall seeing you get gimped by a turnip ever now that I read your comment on the set again after watching. He definitely edgeguarded your bombjumps with them but that's just something you can't get around without a doublejump if peach knows what to do. You recovered around turnips correctly except for maybe at the 2:20 edgeguard when you up-B early and get dash attacked into missed tether. I noticed you get a bit set on dair after getting a kill with it in game 3, attempting to use it on the low percent peach. I'd say just be more mindful of the percents you and your opponent are at and try not to fish for committal moves like that because that's really easy to read and punish after you see anyone do a move like dair at the wrong time even once. If I ever see a Marth fsmash when it's not safe I add it to the list of things I'm watching for and end up baiting and shield-grabbing it.

A lot of what you're doing in the matchup looks fine to me, but I think you need more projectiles in neutral. I didn't like the DL pick especially if you aren't going to camp the top platform with bombs. FD and PS are probably your best stages. They are both wide on stage, which gives you space to setup projectiles. FD has no platforms for Peach to escape onto, and the only thing peach can do to get down through uair is to airdodge at the right time, which is a guessing game between the players. None of her aerials can come down onto uair, and without platforms to mix you up on, you can get easy uair strings that will lead to kills off the top, which work regardless of DI. PS has a lower ceiling for earlier kills and no top platform, but Peach can sometimes get down to the side platforms just before she gets hit which will give her back her float, which helps her get around uair. PS platforms are low small which makes it easier to cover multiple tech options with dair. Peach is one of the slowest high tiers, which lets Link take full advantage of his strong projectile wall to win neutral through repeated chip damage. Turnips aren't enough to get through bombs and boomerangs, and bombs, boomerangs, and bomb>aerials are safe chip damage on peach, eventually leading to bomb or grab setups into uair or dair to kill peach off the top. You can even do things like bomb->jump through nair if peach comes really close to you in a float at low percents where she might be fast enough to hit you if you land close to her out of a uair. I saw you making some good use of jab when it was appropriate as well on FD, to keep her from closing in on you before you jump away into bomb pull.

I think generally just approach less, even if peach is in the lead. She has a hard time catching Link and you've got a whole 8 minutes to work with. Be patient and openings will present themselves as you play a safe neutral game. Watch SAUS vs. Kalamazu at GOML 2015 to see a great example of this. Notice how neither player will commit because both characters combo each other so well. Take your uairs as far as you can but don't get greedy. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Link wins the Peach and ICs matchups narrowly if he camps correctly. Peach is at worst an even matchup.

I'd work on mixing ledge hop aerials into your play and figuring out when it's okay to roll to get out of your shield. Maybe you avoid the aerials because you used to get CCed out of them a lot but there are times when they're appropriate. Similarly, you probably don't roll because you learned early on that it's easy to punish, but it's one of Link's only safe options in a lot of situations (which is why it's generally bad to shield with Link), it's just something you have to retrain yourself to do at the right time.
I picked DL because I wanted the stage MU experience. I rarely fight good Peaches, and Bladewise is one of the best Peaches in the country, so I wanted to see what he could do there. I took him to PS on one of our bracket matches, and he 4 stocked me there, which is why I try to avoid that stage atm. He killed me twice off the top. Plus, I get nightmares thinking about The Germ vs. Pink Shinobi.
Thanks for the feedback. I feel like I'm slowly getting better. I had another match against Iceman yesterday, and one of my games, I retained the lead, until I started DI'ing in like an idiot. I'm no longer getting 4 stocked against our better players in WA (as often anyway).

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Few more tourney matches for review if possible.
A big thing that I noticed that might be holding you back is that you rely almost exclusively on jumping and aerial drift to cover horizontal distance. In other words, you don't dash or wavedash enough in neutral. I don't think you are deliberately confining your movement options, but it happens subconsciously because you are not confident in your control of the character on the ground. Maybe I'm wrong and you just don't like the options you get from ground-based movement. But I find that by staying grounded you can consistently threaten options like grab, jab, d-tilt, d-smash, and occasionally u-tilt; simultaneously, you retain the flexibility to jump into aerials if need be (SH retreating nair, etc).

Being able to position your character on the ground is critical for displacing the oponent's spacing and forcing them to constantly guess rather than just do the same mixups on your shield over and over again.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
A big thing that I noticed that might be holding you back is that you rely almost exclusively on jumping and aerial drift to cover horizontal distance. In other words, you don't dash or wavedash enough in neutral. I don't think you are deliberately confining your movement options, but it happens subconsciously because you are not confident in your control of the character on the ground. Maybe I'm wrong and you just don't like the options you get from ground-based movement. But I find that by staying grounded you can consistently threaten options like grab, jab, d-tilt, d-smash, and occasionally u-tilt; simultaneously, you retain the flexibility to jump into aerials if need be (SH retreating nair, etc).

Being able to position your character on the ground is critical for displacing the oponent's spacing and forcing them to constantly guess rather than just do the same mixups on your shield over and over again.
I'm still trying to master Links ground movement. It wasn't until recently that I started implementing wavedashing into my game. I still haven't gotten wavelanding and shield dropping down pat either. Although it's hard to tell from the vids., a lot of times nd empty jump is an attempt to wavedash forward, especially after a wavedash.

Last edited:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Yeah dashing/wavedashing in neutral gives you a lot of additional neutral options. You will actually be able to get some cool down-tilt/up-tilt setups. And you can get dash dance grabs occasionally.

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
This is a demonstration video I made of several different ledge tricks ive figured out recently.
I haven't seen other Link mains doing most of this stuff. So as far as I know this is pretty much all new stuff

Most of this is a combination of sklering and bomb sliding but with my own take on it. There are some mistakes but Hopefully this helps someone.
Sorry for the low quality

https://youtu.be/hNBGRCZDU4Y

Last edited:

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
Keep it up, your tech looks spot on. :)
Thanks man. I have no one to play with at my place and I hardly ever have money to go to tournaments anymore.. so I just practice link tech at home hoping to come up with something good for link mains to use one day.
But I've pretty much posted everything I've figured out this year on that same channel

Last edited:

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing with Z-drop wavelands as well. I practiced just SH FF and WL right after dropping. It made this a whole lot easier.
Z drop is next level. In my opinion the ff to z drop is the hard part. Its one of the only techs in the game where it's actually tricky letting the stick go back to neutral haha

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
Here's a MM I had against WA's best Marth, Iceman.
The first stock of game one is so crazy.

I only watched this video once but one thing I noticed is that you would have gotten a lot more punish opportunities if you crouch canceled more. Look at 8:24ish area in the video.. You get a sick crouch cancel on his dash attack and punished with down tilt. If you played that situation more often I think you will see results from it.

When you get him off stage don't be afraid to trade Nair with his up b. Especially from the ledge. If he has to side b to get back to the stage and an item touches him he loses all momentum on his recovery and has to use double jump or do up b. So he isn't that bad trying to edgegaurd. But getting that opportunity is hard against good marths:\

Top Bottom