• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official King DeDeDe Vid Thread. (Updated 4/13)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
UPDATE:
BOWM's general King Dedede tutorial
0:13- sorry BOWM, thats my taunt, thats also my color. how am I able to claim this? because I have a sticky and you dont. nya, na, nya, na, naaaa, na. :p

WW - caveman ( ZSS) vs Mr. C ( Dedede)
0:29- nice mindgame round here
0:54- he should have DIed the Dair up so he could have done a falling Bair when she came out of the sheild instead of the lag he got.
0:58- excellent use of Utilt, we should all make sure we can do this.
1:08- he should have ran off with a dropzoned Bair.
1:35- we need to find out why she was sent down by the Dair.
2:12- more Utilt mastery.
3:41- he timed the canceling of the upB perfectly. looks like you must have the full flip animation finish.

overall, a great DDD player, only lost because he was screwing around imo.

Nes Brawl tournament R1 - Sgt. Fluffle(DDD) vs. Gimpyfish(MK) *the DDD player here isnt verry good imo, watch to try and identify what he did wrong*
Nes Brawl tournament R2 - Sgt. Fluffle vs. Gimpyfish(bowser) *DDD got pretty lucky with the Fsmashes*

fluffy made some pretty fundemental mistakes with DDD, such as fast-falling the Dair when your opponet's on the ground, using dash attack without it being a killer, running too much, attacking without repositioning, and using Fsmash without mindgaming into it.

EDIT:
o, hey Mr,C you posted that while i was typing this up.
nice of you to join the ranks of nobility, are you maining DDD now? can we expect more of your vids? I see you were trying desperately to make that jet hammer useful, something so badass should not have such weak range.

Mr.C

Smash Master
EDIT:
o, hey Mr,C you posted that while i was typing this up.
nice of you to join the ranks of nobility, are you maining DDD now? can we expect more of your vids? I see you were trying desperately to make that jet hammer useful, something so badass should not have such weak range.
Haha, I must say DDD is EXTREMELY fun to play as :] played him quite a few times that day and I might main him indeed lol. This was my first day playing Brawl so I had to get use to a lot of things lol..mainly no shielding while you're in a run animation *sad face* figuring out what aerials are safe etc. I have a few other videos coming out from the same day but of other characters ( I think of Jiggs, Luigi and Link). It was nice to have several skilled Melee players in the same building playing Brawl. The Jet Hammer is a scary mofo thats for sure lol.

EDIT: Luigi's upb out of shield *****! Just thought I'd share :]

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman

cheifrocka

Smash Apprentice
Posted by Hellsing in a different thread:

Hellsing (Snake) vs Leos (Dedede)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZCWYX7VQ-0

Hellsing (Metaknight) vs Leos (Dedede)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgB8Blzdp64

Hellsing (Metaknight) vs Leos (Dedede) R2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClDSHjy9qu0

You MUST watch the first video. Leos has an awesome combo at the end.
That first one; holy mother of combo. That's the kind of combo I feel will develop in brawl. Slow paced but well thought out, he mixed every move so they didn't stale on him. Fantastic.

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
UPDATE:
BOWM's general King Dedede tutorial
0:13- sorry BOWM, thats my taunt, thats also my color. how am I able to claim this? because I have a sticky and you dont. nya, na, nya, na, naaaa, na. :p

My stickies (notice the plural) in the official King Dedede clan forum (K.I.N.G.S) overrules you, thanks to hard work with tutorial making and my hilarious vids, along with my great thread starting skillz. :chuckle: Also, you put in one too many "nya's."

Plus I'm a better King DDD player than all of you.

OOOOOOOO A CHALLENGER APPROACHES!!!! :laugh:

Heh, I'm just kidding. Regardless, green has been my favorite color since forever, and if you saw my room, you'd know that I'm addicted to penguins. I have made my declaration of claiming the crouching taunt clear on video, and am willing to share it's glory with the rest of the world.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
i disagree, that DDD wasnt that bad, he actually uses the dash attack correctly at 01:49
srsly? he could have Dsmashed, Dtilted, or Baired for a safe garenteed kill. instead he did a dash attack when he had MUCH better options open to him.
further, if MK's invulnerability frames from the ledge had lasted a couple frames longer, DDD would have been dead.

and a good fsmash at 00:19
are you serious? that Fsmash was completely random, MK wasnt recovering, in lag, or moving when it happened, no mindgames. Why gimpy didnt use the 1.8 seconds before the actual hit to spotdodge and punish, is beyond me. Like a deer caught in headlights.

there is only one move he did that i completely approved of, and that was his Dsmash at 1:44

Plus I'm a better King DDD player than all of you.

OOOOOOOO A CHALLENGER APPROACHES!!!! :laugh:
what makes ****-talking like that OK, is youve contributed to the community, and you have the game to back it up.
SEND ME YOUR WII CODE, *****! (I wont be able to get on till the weekend though)

Heh, I'm just kidding. Regardless, green has been my favorite color since forever, and if you saw my room, you'd know that I'm addicted to penguins. I have made my declaration of claiming the crouching taunt clear on video, and am willing to share it's glory with the rest of the world.
your completely right, the epic that is "chillin penguin, hidden mallet" is too awesome to belong to just one person.

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
Since the Wii I'm using is modded, I believe it messes up the lag a little bit on wifi (we've tested it.) Perhaps we should just wait until the American version comes out, Zenjamin, before fighting ;)

Can't wait!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
****, but im only playing about once every 4 days, with you praicing every day for a month... who knows how much you could have improved by then

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
****, but im only playing about once every 4 days, with you praicing every day for a month... who knows how much you could have improved by then
Actually, it's my friend who owns the game, so I really only play on the weekends (if I'm not working.)

We'll still be pretty even ;)

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
srsly? he could have Dsmashed, Dtilted, or Baired for a safe garenteed kill. instead he did a dash attack when he had MUCH better options open to him.
further, if MK's invulnerability frames from the ledge had lasted a couple frames longer, DDD would have been dead.
yeah the kid was a noob, whatever i just was trying to show that he knew when to use moves, instead of button mashing and hoping it came out right...
F this thread im bored and talking about noobs isnt entertaining!!!!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
yeah, but your name is DKpunch!

the awesomeness of that username alone makes you better :D

what?? a name that supports another charcter over DDD?
Looze.

but he isnt in the wrong here, he made that name before DDD's awesome was revealed. and he changed his game name to BOWM... whatever that means.

also, he stole my old avatar... I know you were waiting to jump on it bowm... cranky is epic, but i gotta stick with my man... even if every 3ed person on these boards has the same icon.

and to get this back on topic:
DDD mind games (Forte)
caveman(TLink)/Mr.C(DD) vs Hylian/Anh(Bowser)
caveman ( ZSS ) vs Mr. C ( Dedede )

CO18

Smash Hero
what?? a name that supports another charcter over DDD?
Looze.

but he isnt in the wrong here, he made that name before DDD's awesome was revealed. and he changed his game name to BOWM... whatever that means.

also, he stole my old avatar... I know you were waiting to jump on it bowm... cranky is epic, but i gotta stick with my man... even if every 3ed person on these boards has the same icon.

and to get this back on topic:
DDD mind games (Forte)
caveman(TLink)/Mr.C(DD) vs Hylian/Anh(Bowser)
caveman ( ZSS ) vs Mr. C ( Dedede )
Dang that 2 v 2 was pretty awesome.

Might have found a good use for Dedede's inhale? That was sweet... Does 20% damage to the person he spits him out into.
Definitley awesome.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I forgot to mention, this isnt just a thread to cllect and discuss things in DDD vids, It is also a place where I get to personally make requests of the DDD community.

and Im going to make one now.

DDD mind games (Forte)
someone needs to remake this,

When he is just laying there, add in a clip of someone saying, "b*tch, please" (or some such thing, be creative here, i dont know)
When he jumps up, I would like to hear peppy's "do a barrel roll!"
spooky music when Lucarao starts tip-toeing towards DDD, and i would like to hear Han-Solo say "I've got a bad feeling about this"
and finally, right when DDD gets up to start the chain grab, we hear the famous "ITS A TRAP!!"

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
Zenjamin:

One day, you and I shall reign superior in team matches as DOUBLE TRIPLE D!!

xc_hawk

Smash Rookie
In that last doubles video, did anyone else see dedede use the inhale move? It's got pretty nice knockback for a projectile when a partner gets hit by it.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
More vids to come soon. I played finals in a tourney yesterday, which were all recorded. I played DDD in most matches, but not all. I lost 3-4 but there was some pretty good stuff in those vids from both of us. And I'm cancelling my UpB now xD

Btw, check out my new DDD avatar. Priceless.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

CO18

Smash Hero
thanks JTB, but could you please but a tag of DDD in your DDD vids so i can subscripe just to those instead of getting all of your vids in my subscription page?

UPDATE:
ROMEO DeDeDe vs HUGS SAMUS
DeDeDe ROM vs Samus HUGS
DeDeDe ROM vs Samus HUGS
ROMEO DeDeDe vs DAN Olimar *EL sigh, i was hoping olimar wouldnt be so scarry in the more meta game.*

Romeo is currently the best DDD out there.

more in depth update later...

EDIT:
Ive asked Romeo to come on over here and give some impressions.

Yeah that was some pretty sick edgeguarding.

Edit: Good to hear Coen lol. Waiting for the vids. :)

Edit: Lol, gonna watch the vids soon JTB.
Oh thats freakin sweet, fox cant laser you on the ground if you have a waddle dee in front of you! Hahah thats awesome.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like to give you a custom avatar, but I don't have the power to do stuff like that. Only admins can.

Btw, can anyone give me some advice on DDD vs Meta Knight? It seems impossible against a smart player. The little ***** outrprioritizes a lot of your moves, you can not chaingrab it and you can't even spam minions cause the little prick is too fast. x_x I got combo'd 20% to death yesterday by this ridiculous Meta Knight combo that works way too well. Up-air, up-air, up-air etc. *too fast* until I'm out of the screen, then he Up-B's me and I'm dead. I tried all sorts of DI, but I can't get an airdodge or attack in between. Gah, the matchup just seems too hard.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
spot-dodge, Dtilt, and Utilt would be your best weapons against him, also always be DIing away from him when you are in the air. abuse your range.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97pLNdNnOEk
I loved this. Now that's how you handle an Olimar. Oh yeah, and I had the opportunity to see M2K's D3 in action tonight and it was great. And it looks like no one has found a use for the Jet Hammer yet.

ShortAssassin

Smash Journeyman
Sausage seems to have a pretty good grasp of Dedede. Made good use of dash attack and neutral b at some points.

Top Bottom