• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official King DeDeDe Vid Thread. (Updated 4/13)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Imo the Fair can be pretty hard to connect with. It's not that fast and the range is shorter than I would like. I try to use the Bair as a punisher and KO move mainly. It's hard to approach with it, because DDD is so slow in the air. The Dair is great, but has a small margin of error when try to land every hit of it. It's great for stopping people with high priority or disjointed Uairs because of the range. I'm not impressed with the Jet Hammer so far. The range and knockback don't seem to be so great. I'll mess around with it today see what I can do with it.

T-major

Smash Champion
Zenjemin, I linked this too the official Dedede thread. hope you don't mind. :D

and Dedede looks awesome judging by all the videos we have. I'm glad he's turning out like I hoped he would

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
No, I dont mind at all.
and DDD might be almost too awsome... hes def better then I thought he would be.
a friend of mine was chatting with someone in Japan, and he said DDD was one of the most popular charcters there...

Maby its just me, but I hope DDD has some big flaw thats hard to overcome, that way the flavor of the month people can move on while DDD's true servants overcome and rise above.
*has never mained anyone above mid-tier.*

Rakushun

Smash Cadet
Coen needs to learn you can't grab the edge unless you cancel. It cost him the Falco match.

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely posting and linking some vids on the Smashboards and Youtube some time today. It was from a video camara, with a ton of people playing...but i've got some good vid of me pwning a whole bunch of different characters. It'll be good to see who D3 will play best against...

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I played DDD for the very first time in those matches ;_; I had never even looked up anything about him here on smashboards. Sorry for those stupid things like not cancelling up-B. I wasn't really trying to win, just experimenting.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm doing it everytime now, fortunately for you guys xD

Btw, all of the vids were taped on the same day. I found out the UpB cancel at the end of that day xD

Hopefully I'll get to tape some more next week, since I think I can do pretty decent stuff now instead of random shiz.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
nice to have you with us man.
out of curisoity, do you have anyone in yout crew or among your friends who plays Olimar well? I really need help with that matchup, espically the approach.

also, id like to see more "off-the-stage" action (from everybody). drop-zones, follow-ups ect... DDD doesnt really die unless he esplodes off the side. with such a good air game, and recovery, we can afford to be bold.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
That Dedede video where Pikachu gets KOed on accident by the Waddle Dee has made me want to main Dedede....

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unfortunately, there's no in my crew who seems interested in playing Olimar. And to be honest, I haven't even played Olimar since I got the game, so I don't know anything about him.

You know what? I'll try to convince them to learn Olimar, and then tape some stuff.

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
Luckily, Olimar is my Alt. I really do know a whole lot of him, how he works, his advantages. I can see that Olimar might be a horrible matchup for D3, we might have to play Dedede in a whole new way. Things like not bothering with smashes because they're too slow. And to prevent Olimar from getting Pikmin. Once my friend comes over, I'll definitely tape the matches. Not just fighting, but also a show of strategies against Olimar.

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
Heres one from one of our members BOWM. Yeah it is definitley a hard matchup and I cant think of any strats, all you can do is just completely aggressive since you cant outspam him and dodge as much as you can because regardless you're gonna take damage.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5059093911180219790
WTF!!! I hate what i just saw, and he said he was a virgin with Olimar...
Olimar really is effing good, but I'd rather root for D3!
We can't stop until we find ways to 4stock Olimar!

One thing i noticed was that the Ftilt stopped some of the Pikmin hordes...
And Olimar is too quick to pull out more Pikmin.

T-major

Smash Champion
wow! Olimar is beastly in the right hands! :O

I think a good thing to do would be to find some attacks that are good at repelling Pikmin, and killing Pikmin.

T-major

Smash Champion
In the right hands?!? H said he was a beginner with Olimar...
What could this mean...
I wonder what the Olimar threads are talking about now...:(
no. the guy who was using Dedede said it was his first time fighting Olimar. I didn't hear anything about the Olimar player being new to him.

CO18

Smash Hero
No the guy who made the video is actually in our clan. And it was the guy's second time using Olimar because they all thought he previously sucked.

But yeah his Ftilt helped some but it can only do so much.
Im really tring to find something that will make this in Dedede's favor but I cant right now...

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking that Dedede's Penguinstomping would do some good to Olimar.
We should just spam that out.

Some things I'm inferring from gameplay:
It looks like Dedede can't even get close enough to Olimar.
We have to find a move that sets D3 up for a powerful attack!
I think that a level with alot of water would be the best stage for a D3 vs. Olimar battle. (water>Pikmin)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
UPDATE:
Diem (Toon) vs Ether (DDD)

See, this is Why I love vid archives. you can mis styles to see what specifically works.

Ether has a great Ground game.
Excellent spacing, has got the spot dodge and Utilts downgreat use of the Dees... but his airgame seems lacking IMO,in the above vid, he let ToonLink fly above him when he could have jumped up with a Bair, and continue from there.

Coen has the most intutive grasp of DDD's air game IMO. spaces th Bairs great. excellent use of the Nair and Fair as a killer, uses his multiple jumps for mid-air mindgames... but his ground game seems abit lacking.

So ill aim to combine their two styles.

Coen and Space really should meet and do the fus-ion-HA dance.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm not really impressed with DDD's air game so far. His Bair is great and is his best aerial, but gets ***** by disjointed hitboxes. Nair is terrible. Fair is pretty good, but it's slow and the range is surprisingly small. Dair and Uair are ok, but are very situational. DDD is also a huge target, and will get beat in the air by swordsman and projectile spammers everytime.

Toon Link happens to have both of these traits and definitely has one of the best (if not the best) air games out of the cast in our opinion. Toon Link is annoying to fight for most of the cast :( . Our crew considers him the best character in the game at this time.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ive never played a toon link of brandon's caliber, but there were a couple of times where he was so close above you a quick jump and a Bair couldnt have really been punished...

also, a nair and a jumping pivoted Bair seem good approaches as the minimal lag can lead right into a Utilt or Dtilt.

and you dont have to worry really about your air game being punished if the other guy is busy recovering.

... just throwing that out there.

UPDATE:
[Brawl] Pyro (Dedede) vs Omni (Dedede)
[Brawl] Pyro (ZSS) vs Omni (Dedede)
[Brawl] Pyro (GW) vs Omni (Dedede)

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
Zenjamin, just wondering about your third video there. Right at the very end did Dedede foot stool jump off of Mr. G&W? If so it looked like it pushed G&W downward a bit. Does a foot stool jump count as one of your character's jumps? It probably isn't as good a tactic as simply spiking a character, but if it gave you a bit of an extra jump it might be useful occasionally.

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
Can someone check to see if Dedede's Fsmash would be a good recovery-counter.
Like, the opponent gets smashed off platform, and as they attempt to come back, a fully charged Fsmash destroys them.
This has to work!

ShortAssassin

Smash Journeyman
I really enjoyed watching Lucky's vids versus Gimpy, although it seems he could utilize Waddledees much better. I'll have to check out some of Coen's vids.

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-BsSLIf_kk

you missed this one, it shows how certain stages are ridiculously good for DDD, i think it's a safe bet this one will get banned but the match is pretty epic. For not quite as cheap stages, I really like Spear Pillar.

I would give some input on Olimar...but he's my main ^_^;;

i dont have brawl access anymore until i go to vidjo's but I could request a match from Omni tho; he also plays DDD and his roomate plays Olimar as well.

Top Bottom