• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official King Dedede Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I didn't get it confirmed by the guy who played him if you can walk around while charging but Sakurai says you can. I wonder if you can jump with it to.

Well theres been two reports on Dededes inhale. "Beastly because of its force and strength" and "its lame, not that far, not much damage". Inhaling waddle dees seems like its best use for mindgames/changing up his projectile game? Instead of just tossing waddle dees you can spit them across the stage as a star. Yeah that does damage, kirby can spit stuff and it does damage in melee

Nobody has said they did it themselves just confirmed you can inhale waddle dees and spit them. Maybe if the inhale is strong enough we can use it to edgeguard? Jump off the stage, catch them in your mouth, spit them out and float back/up b (his up b is really high, you can see it in the video)

dont know how many waddle dees can be in play, but the guy said that the waddle dees dissapear by themselves after some time. guess thats to prevent too many at once.

I asked the same about his dash attack, guy said he couldnt rememebr/didnt do it. I bet it will for sure though ;)

dedede looks slow running speed, you can see him walk throughout the videos but his dash is quickly seen at the part where the sim city AT hits him. Compare that to sonic ;)

Yeah I noticed, didnt think about comparing it. It looks like it could be his third taunt. This dosent seem to be part of it:

Unless when he brings it back down he holds it like that, but it looks too diffrent. Like dedede looks up and points the hammer up with one hand, in this pic hes holding it horizontal looking at the screen with two hands.

dedede seems awesome, cant wait to see more of him from the japan release. Like people playing full matchs of him. :)

CO18

Smash Hero
lol, that sux anyway. LIKE in my sig. He will eventually be called King "of Brawl" Dedede. He simply owns.
They should somehow incorporate a dark dedede costume. With his eyes all crazy and crap....

Sorry about the multiple posts.

CO18

Smash Hero
you mean... Suicidedede? lolololololol! granted that we can move around with someone inhaled; But I'm sure we can. :D
There you go it should be officially known as Suicidedede. lol, anyway i doubt that dedede

will have his own WOP. I just hope he has decent aerials, or at least one really good one.

I don't think theres been any information on his aerials have there been?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Your new here, so I'm just going to tell you. Don't multiple post. Don't post twice in a row. There is an edit button, edit what you want to say after into one post.

All I know about his aerials is back and up air and down air are fast. fair is a good kill move, I dont know if the others kill well. probally cant wall of pain because his jumps are slow the guy said, but maybe he can. he only got 1 match of him in for 2 mins

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Well, compared to Sonic yeah, that's REALLY slow! Still, it looks ok, he should be able to cross the stage quickly enough. It seems to me that (especially on smaller stages) dashing speed is as important as attacking speed, and at least Dedede isn't as laggy as Ike! Yes, I saw his Up B in that movie. Looks great, incredible vertical reach and quite a bit of horizantal mobility.

I would also like to see a Dark DDD costume. We'll know for sure when it comes out in Japan!

Nicktendo

Smash Ace

Ooh, defiantly take out the pic of Kirby and put this in for his inhale from Famitsu.

Also, in the How to play video revealed recently, maybe somebody could catch a frame of his down aerial when hes shooting the cracker launcher? We could add that in for one of his attacks (he thrusts the hammer straight down midair, its clearly seen but after a few frames it fades to black so we need someone to snap a shot of the fame like they did his lying down taunt)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Whats with people and the dark characters. I'm not such of a big fan of the dark version of characters.

CO18

Smash Hero
Whats with people and the dark characters. I'm not such of a big fan of the dark version of characters.
I don't know it just spices things up a bit I guess and adds more options. The more the merrier! Plus It will make it so Dedede can actually look evil.

CO18

Smash Hero
I know this isn't Dedede related, but how do you take a picture from something that doesn't have it's own url and post in a reply? Ex: Taking a picture from the dojo and putting it in a reply.
thanks

CO18

Smash Hero
lol, sorry I guess you didn't understand what i mean but thanks anyway. I found out.
I can just upload it on imageshack. :)

AdeptLoki

Smash Rookie
King Dedede was my most wanted character in Brawl but now that we are learning a lot about him in the game I can't wait to play him.

^5 for the info in this topic

CO18

Smash Hero
Kewl, Purple, and orange were confirmed as alternate costumes for Dedede.:)

Also it has been reported that dedede doesn't have as many super armor frames as other heavyweights. :urg:

CO18

Smash Hero
There was some more info from whooby given by curbside prohphet
here it is: DeDeDe

A: a three swing combo after the third swing he spins the hammer if you rapidly press the buttion it looked like

colors include white/ice blue,pink,purple those are the only ones i remember

B^:moves kinda slow but pretty powerful landing if you want to cancel you need to do it by about half way down or he will botch the landing very useful if you acedentaly move off the side with jumping

B>: not much on damage i think they may be more effective if you spam them.wasnt able to suck one up you might be able to .he throws these guy fairly far so you have to chase after them to suck them up it might be more trouble than its worth unless they do alot of damage

lays down with his hand supporting his head from crouch

about bowser size

running A: looked like it was the running face plant from his boss battles I didnt get a chance to use it.

A in air: dint use it but looked like he just puffs up.

finale smash:good for keeping people off balance got a few kills with it(the spinys send people flying)

DeDeDe was an interesting play hes big and strong his attcks are a mix of strong hitters and attcks the hit multiple times he has quit a few qiuck attack involving spinning the hammer I liked his finale smash its pretty much just overload of waddle dees and spinys I really not a fan on tank like charactors but i enjoyed using him

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
There was some more info from whooby given by curbside prohphet
here it is: DeDeDe

A: a three swing combo after the third swing he spins the hammer if you rapidly press the buttion it looked like

colors include white/ice blue,pink,purple those are the only ones i remember

B^:moves kinda slow but pretty powerful landing if you want to cancel you need to do it by about half way down or he will botch the landing very useful if you acedentaly move off the side with jumping

B>: not much on damage i think they may be more effective if you spam them.wasnt able to suck one up you might be able to .he throws these guy fairly far so you have to chase after them to suck them up it might be more trouble than its worth unless they do alot of damage

lays down with his hand supporting his head from crouch

about bowser size

running A: looked like it was the running face plant from his boss battles I didnt get a chance to use it.

A in air: dint use it but looked like he just puffs up.

finale smash:good for keeping people off balance got a few kills with it(the spinys send people flying)

DeDeDe was an interesting play hes big and strong his attcks are a mix of strong hitters and attcks the hit multiple times he has quit a few qiuck attack involving spinning the hammer I liked his finale smash its pretty much just overload of waddle dees and spinys I really not a fan on tank like charactors but i enjoyed using him
Any info on the Jet Hammer?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Some people were saying it's slow and predictable; they also said his hammer is sluggish but his normal attacks are fairly fast, along with his Side-B.

I'm sure you can combo into his Jet Hammer though, with some practice.

CO18

Smash Hero
Also, it has been confirmed that each of dedede's costumes have different designs on the band around his waist. :)

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
It's funny to hear that he has his running face plant for a dash attack. I can't believe that I've never thought of that. I hope it isn't as crappy as Bowser's was in Melee.

CO18

Smash Hero
where was that confirmed? I'd like proof, that way I can add it to the main post.
It was while a group of us were translating the information from the Japanese posts from whobby. I found a post regarding to dedede and 2 different japanese kids both translated it as saying that. Heres the link:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134394&page=226

You can see the discussion on both that page and the following page.

CO18

Smash Hero
Wait what... so his crouch is that lying down pose? How does that work? I thought it had to be a taunt...
Yeah, I don't see how that will work either.

Also here is the King DeDeDe collage found in The Famitsu Booklet.

Thanks to Smash crash for the scans.

Wonder what the move is all the way to the top right?
Think thats just his forward smash?

Dekuknight950

Smash Cadet
That top right image may be his A standard combo because information from Whobby stated this:--
"Standard A is a three swing combo. If you continue to press it, he spins the hammer around and you see light blue/purple/pink colors."

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I'm defiantly skeptical on that being his crouch. Dosent seem like it would fit right...

CO18 that cant be his fsmash, this is:

Just by guessing. Standard A combo/utilt/ftilt?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'm defiantly skeptical on that being his crouch. Dosent seem like it would fit right...

CO18 that cant be his fsmash, this is:

Just by guessing. Standard A combo/utilt/ftilt?
Or maybe the other one is the hammer about to hit the ground and this one is when it already has :O

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Has anybody noticed how Dedede is featurerd in alot of updates?

Like, alot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom