• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
and if you do leave it on all night have as many humans turned on as pausible, i.e, if you have 4 controllers plug all 4 in and have 4 humans on the stage at once, that way it takes less time, less then half as much time.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by filly555
How do you make Nana follow you off the edge to help you with ^B. Thanks in advance
You can't, you have to be hit off the edge with nana and use up B to be succesful. Otherwise you're gonna have a helluva miserable time recovering.

Supernova

Smash Ace
if you know nana won't be close enough when you near the ledge, you better use your > + B move (early) popo won't grab the edge while he's performing that move. he must complete the spinning motion before he can grab the ledge.

learn your in-grab combos well. (not grab-->throw-->combo, i mean grab-->nana smacks the crap outta them-->finish with throw/nana smash) the ICs can do some major damage with a grab when they're together.

ZE_Ant

Smash Cadet
Combo

How do u do combos because I can never string any moves together for the ' 21 combo' trophy thingy. Could someone give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

ZE_Ant

animeguy325

Smash Rookie
how do you do fox's infinite shine and his other combos that he does with his reflector which your opponents cant get out of?

BrandedRage

Smash Cadet
Re: Combo

Originally posted by ZE_Ant
How do u do combos because I can never string any moves together for the ' 21 combo' trophy thingy. Could someone give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

ZE_Ant
If you want the trophy, just go into training with Mewtwo and charge up your Shadow Ball with your opponent and a wall behind you. You should net a 60+ combo easy this way ^_^

paperboy

Smash Ace
Originally posted by animeguy325
how do you do fox's infinite shine and his other combos that he does with his reflector which your opponents cant get out of?
Glad you saw my message :D. Basically all it is you do is short hop, drill kick (aerial down+a), l-cancel, reflector, Wavedash, repeat untill your opponent reaches desired height, up smash. There are others, but that one works in any situation, if you can do it ;). It looks easy on paper, but its not worth trying to do. It's near impossibilty IMO. BTW if you don't know what L-canceling is or Wavedashing, don't forget to check the SWF Compendium of Knowledge

StudStyle

Smash Cadet
I need some help with those dreadful bonuses...

Peaceful Warrior - I can't get it and I don't know why. The requirements for it are the EXACT of the bonus Switzerland, but I think this is a fake or a mistake.

Ground Pounded - The description is that you get KO'd by a damaging floor. I went to Brinstar and let the acid kill me but nothing.

Lucky Number Seven - you have to finish with :07 left. I did it and nothing, unless they want me to get :07:00 which is pretty hard.

Bob-omb Squad - It says you must grab a Bob-omb just before it explodes and not receive damage. I grabbed a Starmen before I did it and I still didn't get the bonus, I think that maybe you have to throw it.

Paratroopa KO - Ok, is a paratroopa one of those green turtles (I don't know my Mario stuff :p) with the wings? And if yes, do they have to be a certain colour.

I can't seem to get these, I am not sure if they are real or not because I seem to doubt the first one. I got this off GameFAQs by the way and I noticed some mistakes in them which shows why I doubt this stuff.

paperboy

Smash Ace
Originally posted by StudStyle
I need some help with those dreadful bonuses...

Peaceful Warrior - I can't get it and I don't know why. The requirements for it are the EXACT of the bonus Switzerland, but I think this is a fake or a mistake.

For this one you're probably gonna need items. I think that you're enemy needs to die without you attacking him =/. SD's probably won't count.

Ground Pounded - The description is that you get KO'd by a damaging floor. I went to Brinstar and let the acid kill me but nothing.
Try having someone hit you onto the damaging floor.

Lucky Number Seven - you have to finish with :07 left. I did it and nothing, unless they want me to get :07:00 which is pretty hard.
This one's easy. Go to adventure mode and pick Fox. Then go to that escaping level where you have to jump from platform to platform. You should make it before second seconds. Then jump on the last platform exactly on seven.

Bob-omb Squad - It says you must grab a Bob-omb just before it explodes and not receive damage. I grabbed a Starmen before I did it and I still didn't get the bonus, I think that maybe you have to throw it.
Well, if it starts walking, I believe it should start getting larger before it will explode, so try doing that. Or try catching it?

Paratroopa KO - Ok, is a paratroopa one of those green turtles (I don't know my Mario stuff :p) with the wings? And if yes, do they have to be a certain colour.
Yep, it's one of the ones. They're all green, except for one, which is red. Little known fact(at least I think it is :rollseyes:) if you pick up the red paratroopa and throw it at the Yoshi's, it's a OHKO :D

paperboy

Smash Ace
Originally posted by MagnuM
Can somebody explain to me Fox's "Infinite Shine" and Shine Spikes?

A video would be fantastic!
From what I heard, there are many ways to do it. Although the one I'll tell you is the hardest, but works everywhere. Ready? Short hop, drill kick (aerial down+a), l-canclel, reflector (aka shine ;), Wavedash, repeat untill you reach the desired height, up smash. Sounds easy, but I've only seen ONE video of it. I'll try to find at some point. But I can't right now.

Supernova

Smash Ace
puff throw-->rest

a few days ago, i saw a video showing a puff grabbing an opponent, doing (what looks to be) a downthrow, and immediately going into a rest.

i tried doing this, but can't seem to work it. i've not seen this discussed anywhere, so what's going on here? was this a minor glitch in an earlier version that's been since fixed? or is there a combination of buttons you have to press as well?

edit: nevermind that...apparently it has to be done on a breakable surface. i'll check it out.

kupo

Smash Lord
Short hop, drill kick (aerial down+a), l-canclel, reflector (aka shine , Wavedash, repeat untill you reach the desired height, up smash.
Not really. That's more of a combo.
Infinite shine is when you corner your opponent against a wall(Fourside, Onnet, Peaches Castle), execute your reflector and immediately WD dwn(push dwn on the control stick, jump, R button), and repeat.
However, this works against some characters like Bowser, Ness, Mario, Yoshi, Zelda, Gannon and other characters. Others like Roy/Marth, Fox/Falco, it will force them into the wall and bounce back behind you.

Shine spike is an edge guarding attack. Basically jumping towards your oppnents recovering and use "shine" to diagonally downwards which is almost like a spike.

kupo

Smash Lord
You can tell if you'ved performed L-Cancelling when your character "Cancels" the Lag from aerial attacks(upon landing).
Try using Link's Dwn A or Bowser's aerial Back A. You'll know when you've succeded w/ L-Cancelling.

Neko Serreah

Smash Rookie
Shine?

I keep hearing people talking about some shine move with fox thats really good but I cant find any info about what exactly it is or how to do it. can anyone fill me in?

paperboy

Smash Ace
Re: Shine?

Originally posted by Neko Serreah
I keep hearing people talking about some shine move with fox thats really good but I cant find any info about what exactly it is or how to do it. can anyone fill me in?
It's simply Fox's reflector ;). People just call it the shine because they look shiny when Fox uses it against them. I think...

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
Re:shine

the above poster is correct, the shine is fox's reflector, I have never heard of anyone refer to falco's reflector as a shine, keep that in mind.

and you may also hear of the infinite shine, witch fox can do 'cause he hits opponents diagonally downwards with his "shine" where falco hits upwards. to do, you reflector your opponent them immiediatly wavedash out of it and relector again, repeat, repeat, etc. this basically continues to slide your opponent accross the stage, then when near and edge you can use your shine to spike your opponent. a very annoying tactic, and who doeesnt love annoying their adversary? it,well, gets them annoyed wich puts you in an advantage. my thinking anyways.:bee:

hope I helped!:)

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
Re: Re:shine

Originally posted by SPAZ
the above poster is correct, the shine is fox's reflector, I have never heard of anyone refer to falco's reflector as a shine, keep that in mind.

and you may also hear of the infinite shine, witch fox can do 'cause he hits opponents diagonally downwards with his "shine" where falco hits upwards. to do, you reflector your opponent them immiediatly wavedash out of it and relector again, repeat, repeat, etc. this basically continues to slide your opponent accross the stage, then when near and edge you can use your shine to spike your opponent. a very annoying tactic, and who doeesnt love annoying their adversary? it,well, gets them annoyed wich puts you in an advantage. my thinking anyways.:bee:

hope I helped!:)
Yeah that's what we call Fox infinite shine combo, and also the shine spike, too bad falco can't do that :chuckle:

OldSkoolMar831

Smash Apprentice
If you get good at infinite shining, you can make it even more deadly by throwing in short hopped, L-cancelled drill kicks before knocking them away with the shine. Unfortunatley, I still haven't gotten the hang of the easier infinite shine combo. I just picked up Fox not too long ago, but still, that infinte shining is tough.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are actually a few ways to turn around in mid-air, but mainly, the only moves that actually turn you around are the smash B's. Tilt the control stick in the opposite direction and press B. That's the only way I know of, unless you want to DI, and use Up B.

Rainy Day Toast

Stays Crunchy in Milk
BRoomer
Originally posted by AnyNameWillDo
I meant like the first part of this video:
http://hp742.hp.infoseek.co.jp/smadx/play/shadow-rush.html

or the second part of this one:
http://hp742.hp.infoseek.co.jp/smadx/play/shadowwall.html
It's not that hard, once you get used to it.

Short jump, press the direction you want to face when you charge, let go of it, and hit B. It takes some practice to make sure you don't use forward-B instead, but it's easy enough after a while. Just make sure you're not moving in any direction when you hit B. This probably works with every move, but the only ones I can say I've used it with myself are Samus' blaster, Mewtwo's shadow ball, Marth's dolphin slash, and Jiggly's rollout.

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
and also if you are playing as either falco or fox you can use a reflector then change direction then attack, once mastered, is a good way to surprise your opponent with a forward a instead of the expected backwards and vica-versa. you need to do it pretty fast though.

and I was wondering, after a match, in the statistics, like air time, running speed peak damage blah-blah-blah, it says "transformation time". any one know what this is?

Rainy Day Toast

Stays Crunchy in Milk
BRoomer
A google search of "transformation time" in conjunction with things like "Smash," "SSB," "SSB:M," "SSBM," "Super Smash" et cetera returned nothing, unfortunately.

I've always wondered what it is, myself...

Neko Serreah

Smash Rookie
Trasnformation time

Transformation time is when you use stuff the alters your character such as the Bunny Ears, Metal Box, Super(and Poison) Mushroom, and Screw Ball.

Neko Serreah

Smash Rookie
Power Shielding?

Does anyone have some good tips for power shielding? I know how to your supposed to do it but I cant. I've been trying to learn everyday for about 2 months now but I think I've refelected 3 things ever.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lmao. Power shielding usually happens accidentally to most people. Don't worry about it man. Power shielding isn't a big thing. There are other things to in Smash to worry about.

Emacee

Smash Ace
Originally posted by kupo
You can tell if you'ved performed L-Cancelling when your character "Cancels" the Lag from aerial attacks(upon landing).
Try using Link's Dwn A or Bowser's aerial Back A. You'll know when you've succeded w/ L-Cancelling.
Should the person shield after you've "canceled?" Or should it be an instantaneous recovery where the character just perks back up.

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
They should just perk back up into their fighting stance without the normal lag time, and they shouldnt shield. dont Hold the L button, tap it, as your hitting the ground< not WHEN you are hitting the ground.

Or am I talking about teching?

Teching- when flailing about in the air after being hit by an attack,item, self damage etc., tap the L button on contact with ground to immidiatly spring back into fighting stance without normal lag time. when teching when you hit the wall, instead of bouncing you should see a little flash and the charecter will return to normal arial falling stance, Keeps you from bouncing around in places like the hyrule temple catacombs.

L-canceling-Hit L as hitting the ground after doing an arial attack to cancel out all lag time that normally accompany and arial attack landing.

^^^self lamo not thought out devinitions.;)

are these definitions correct? please correct....or agree with
me.:bee:

EDIT: I just came up with a question... Falco is my best charecter, so could anyone give me a link to a GOOD falco faq, preferebly one with some good combos to use? It would be much appriciated.You can never know to many combos, and I need some new ones. Or for that matter someone could just post a bunch of combos....lol.....refer back to "a bunch"

Emacee

Smash Ace
What requirements do you have to meet for the audience to cheer you on? Just wondering.

Oh and I still need little more clarification on the L-canceling thing.

hail

Smash Rookie
you have to beat the oponent with smash attacks or powerful attacks fast and they will cheer for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom