• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

paperboy

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Emacee
What requirements do you have to meet for the audience to cheer you on? Just wondering.

Oh and I still need little more clarification on the L-canceling thing.
It's not that hard to get people to cheer for you. Just start comboing the opponent a lot and eventually they will. Just beat a lvl. 1 comp to death and they should cheer for you.

L-canceling is basically when you attack and right before you land, you press L. It shortens the lag(not totally removes, since it still takes a second after some attacks like Link's down+a aerial) and you can attack and combo faster. Something very essential to almost all characters. The only exception is Peach, who can float cancel. It's a lot better.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by hail
you have to beat the oponent with smash attacks or powerful attacks fast and they will cheer for you
Huh? No. Are you talking about when they chant your name, or when they just go "w0000t!!!" ? Usually, the w00t happens when you make a recovery, after getting hit off the stage. The chanting of your name happens after a series of KO's or combos (I'm actually not sure, I've never payed attention).

This is actually a minor detail, it just gets you a bonus, but you should focus on your actual gameplay.

As for L-cancelling, someone really needs to clarify this. There is NO animation after an L-cancel. All that happens is the lag is reduced. It's not like teching with the flash or anything, nothing visually happens, but when you press L when you're about to hit the ground, you will have a more prompt recovery.

This is most noticable with Bowser on his aerial back. Do the attack, and watch how he lands on his back after the attack. At that point, Bowser is left vulnerable, and it takes a few frames for Bowser to get up off his back (shell) and stand again. Pressing L will reduce the time it takes for him to get back up, and make it more prompt.

I guess I'll rephrase this. The only visual is that your character recovers faster from the lag of the aerial. If you notice how some characters like Link, with the aerial down, you have to draw back your sword. Pressing L gets rid of that.

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
Orillinally posted by S'mores....whatever
Huh? No. Are you talking about when they chant your name, or when they just go "w0000t!!!" ? Usually, the w00t happens when you make a recovery, after getting hit off the stage. The chanting of your name happens after a series of KO's or combos (I'm actually not sure, I've never payed attention).
Ok S'mores i think you are wrong about the chant thingy, the crowd cheer for you when you are giving a beating to someone, if you dont believe me try it yourself, go to Hyrule temple (On traninig if you want) then use a powerful character like ganon and go to the Platform Below the main stage. Try to raise the percentage to your opponent and the just use variety of smash attacks (Because if you only use the same attack they wont cheer to ya). And there you have it. try it.

And for trying to clarify things on the L-Cancel move, as BB said, there is no really animation of effect that tells you when you have done th3 move correctly. The speed of the animation's frames is faster thats all you'll notice it more when you use link or young link, is better to be on a flat stage like Final Destination, but you have to press the L button RIGHT AFTER the attack has hit the floor.

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
BB and s'mores is the same person -_-

thanks for clearinhg up that L-canceling thing. I thought it did have an animation....mabey I have been doing it right after all.;)

they seem to chant for you not only after you pull off some really cool combos, but you also need to be at a high damage. Or it helps anyways. try having your charecter at a high damage and your opponent at a low damage, if you kill him and pull off some of those insane combos we know of then the crowd will really cheer for you.

greenfire

Smash Apprentice
i know someone did something like this on pg.1. and since i'm too lazy to read all the pages..... how do you record yourself perfectly. i've seen people's vids and wonder how they got it so perfectly. i've tried it by putting a camcorder on a stand, and it sucks, all we are are flashes of light. so is there someway to hook up your camcorder to your same TV as you playing smash bros. on? so you're recording whatever is on the TV? for example, you're recording a game by your camcorder that's hooked up to your tv. so in return, you get a better video picture. anyone please????

Nic64

Smash Lord
I don't know, it may be possible to tape it through VCR although I'm not sure.

veggieofDOOM

Smash Cadet
I need help on peach's peril. Try as I might I always die/peach dies... Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Roar

Smash Cadet
well, fireball the ugly turtle and if it has some damage start throwing it away from peach.

paperboy

Smash Ace
I wouldn't really use the fireball much. The object is to keep Bowser away from Peach for a whole minute. My suggestions are juggling him with some up-tilts, down+b, and grabbing him. Basically, just combo him. And kill him when needed. That's all.

Jaxo

Smash Rookie
What exactly are the different statistics between a Spike attack and a Meteor Smash attack? The only ones I've seen are that Meteor Smashes can be Cancelled out of in the air to save yourself, and they earn you extra bonuses at the end of the game for using them excessively. Is there some extra use to Meteor Smashes or Spikes? From what I can tell, Meteors are worse since the opponent can Meteor Cancel out if they hammer their X or Y button while flying down.

paperboy

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Jaxo
What exactly are the different statistics between a Spike attack and a Meteor Smash attack? The only ones I've seen are that Meteor Smashes can be Cancelled out of in the air to save yourself, and they earn you extra bonuses at the end of the game for using them excessively. Is there some extra use to Meteor Smashes or Spikes? From what I can tell, Meteors are worse since the opponent can Meteor Cancel out if they hammer their X or Y button while flying down.
Meteor smashes are spikes and spikes are meteor smashes EXCEPT for three. Falco's down+a aerial, Marth's down+a aerial, and Ganon's down+b aerial. But you basically answered that yourself :p. Spikes tend to either send the opponent down or at a downward angle. Meteors are almost always straight down.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Since when did other 'spikes' like Marths >B 3rd hit down lose this title, and what do you call them now?

paperboy

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
Since when did other 'spikes' like Marths >B 3rd hit down lose this title, and what do you call them now?
That's a meteor smash. The way I see it, spikes and meteors are like squares and rectangles. Rectangles are squares, but squares aren't rectangles. Get what I'm saying? Meteors are spikes, but spikes aren't meteors.

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
ummmmm, yeah, what paperboy said.:D

But may I also point out, that for a meteor smash to be Titled "a meteor smash" it needs to kill the opponent. not many ppl seem to know this, but if it doesnt ko, its not a meteor smash, so stated by the official Nintendo SSBM manual anyway...

and I have a question, Ive never had much use for wavedashing (uh-oh,here we go, wavedashing questions:rolleyes:) but Ive been starting to like it more, but i cant perform one consistently, I havnt used it in a while so I can wavedash what? mabey 1/5 the time? If im lucky my char will do a backflip.

so basically, I know that you jump,dodge into diagonally ground, and have it happen really quickly. But I need to know, what buttons should I use? Im using up on joy-sticl,dodge with R into ground. and its not cutting it for me, so what should I use? X and L? Is slow mo REALLY the best way to practice? (its even harder there for me -_-)

I tried to say all this without sounding like a newbie, but oh,well, I need to know I guess.......

Thwick

Smash Journeyman
I usually use X and R to do wave dashing. I think there was a thread on it not too long ago, check back a page or two. Anyhow, yeah it does seem to help if you start at maybe 1/2 time instead of regular. You can see when your character begins to bend his knees and that's when I go for the WD. It does seem to help because when i speed it up, i can do it pretty easily. I find 1/4 time to be too slow for my taste though.

usea

Smash Ace
spaz you're using up on the stick to jump? that is your problem. since you have to be holding a direction into the ground while dodging, using up to jump will make that roll of the stick extremely difficult. hold diagonal down+left, then immediately hit a jump button (I use Y) and immediately afterwards click down L or R (I use R) all the way.

edit: thwick I usually assume the person I'm talking to is not a moron, but just in case the opposite is true, thanks for clearing that up.

Thwick

Smash Journeyman
usea has it right. Just one thing is that you can WD either way so both downleft and downright on the joystick will work.

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
Thanks usea, I guess hitting The joy-stick to jump was my problem.

Ive always known HOW to wavedash, and that Slow melleee supposedly helps, but I was getting worried that I just didnt have the skill for it. Im very happy to know that im just using the wrong buttons. :D

I also know that wavedashing backwards and forwards you can do, It will be nice to wavedash backwards off the edge to edgehog.^_^

paperboy

Smash Ace
Spam the PK fire and the bat. But just not too much, otherwise it'll get weak. I'm not really a ness player, but that's basically what I used :D. If Samus, Fox, or Falco shoot stuff at you, pull out your down+b. Unless samus shoots a missle, then run. When your on fourside, try to spike them between the buildings. Use Ness's third jump correctly too. For some reason people don't know how to. This one was the second to last event I finished, except for 51. But that's only cuz you get that last, I think... Good luck!

veggieofDOOM

Smash Cadet
Thats what I do, but I normally send them flying off the crane, but Fox manages to do way to much damage to me... >_<

veggieofDOOM

Smash Cadet
N/M! I did it! *Does the superhyperhappyAZUAZUAZU dance* As long as Fox doesn't beat you up your fine I guess...

veggieofDOOM

Smash Cadet
ARGH! I can't get Mewtwo unlocked!!! I have two controllers plugged in, and it says I have 10 hours of vs. play time yet Mewtwo isn't unlocked! ARGH!!! Any tips?

Jaxo

Smash Rookie
You need 10 hours per person if you're using 2 controllers. It needs to say 20 hours total play time.

veggieofDOOM

Smash Cadet
Ok thanks. If I fail the battle against mewtwo do I have to do another 20 hours or just play another vs. match?

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Simply play another Vs. match

I was pretty new to the game when I fought him, and I about had a heart attack when I lost. Fortunately you just play another match and he'll be back.

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
ah well, illl tell him anyway....

user cp-->edit profile--> then in the little sig box post

next time you can go to the faq, theres probobly some stuff in there to help ya out if ya need it ;)

but i always just bug the mods. with my questions:******:

The Amazing One

Smash Rookie
Help with 5 seconds on Ganondorf's BtT please.

BTW I currently have 6.38, and I'm really close to beating it except I always mess up in one part or another.

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
i'll throw in my input on event 50

I would, and did, use ganondorf to defeat these gloves. its best to go for one at once, preferebly master hand, as he seems to have the upper hand compared to crazy over there. (that wasnt funny......)

basically get underneat where his wrist would be and use a couple Smash^s'. ^smashes always have seemed to work best on these two, and gannon has one of the best, namely the most pwerfull, so its good for the job. not to mention that he cn take alot of abuse from these to before hes one, also taking into account his excellent recovery on this stage. (his jump, VB,jump, VB,jump,etc)

throw in some wavedashes to get inplace underthere wrists and a couple jumps to dodege the more formidable attacks, like where the charge, appear from tha background and charge at ya a jump,jump,^B is all ya need before you land and wavedash or dodge into position again.

the main thing to remeber is to mostly stay on the VERY far right hand side of the arena, because though crazy will come quite close to the right side he wont come all the way to the right, so you are NORMALLY safe from him for the most part here, and as this is where you want to be for up smashing master hand, it works out quite well.

veggieofDOOM

Smash Cadet
I once destroyed Crazy with Yoshi without taking any damage and then master PWNED me so bad. And one time, they kept attacking with this huge combo, and it was impossible to avoid!

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
I'd really like to make a match video, but I have no idea how. I have a camcorder, and I know how to film, but I'm not familiar with the process of "computerizing" it and putting it on da 'net. Can anyone help me with this?

usea

Smash Ace
how do you check what version of the game you have on the bottom of the disc? I've searched for it (a lot) and the only information I find is that you check the bottom of the disc. well, it doesn't exactly say "version 1.2" or something on the bottom. what am I looking for exactly?

I know I have the first US one, and I know I could find out with homerun contest.

this is all I can read from the bottom:

made in japan
IFPI QKN5
IFPI LQ11
101K0901
DOL-GALE-0-00 JPN 50 (S0? the font is blocky so it could be either)

I guess if I had a newer version to compare it to I could figure out what it is easily, but I don't. so my only guess is the 0-00 part could be 0-01 or 0-02 on later versions. enlighten me!

edit: okay, I'm so impatient that I called up and bothered a friend about his copy. he said that under his DL-DOL-GALE-USA part (which mine is slightly different from) it says "model DOL-06". mine doesn't have anything similar to that at all.

The Amazing One

Smash Rookie
You have to look on the SHINY part of the CD. The part the GC reads.

It should say

"DOL-GALE-JPN 00"

Or something similar. On the shiny side in tiny font along the inside of the CD. If it says "00", you have 1.0. If it says 01, you have 1.1. If it says 02, you have 1.2.

Now can someone help me?

usea

Smash Ace
amaz, have you downloaded a video? there are more than a few sub-5 second strats. not sure what other help can be given, unless you're not L-cancelling or something.

and about the DOL-GALE-0-0X JPN (X being 0, 1 or 2), what about ones that don't say anything like that? my friend's has DL-DOL-GALE-USA.. anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom