• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Efflixi

Smash Cadet
WHat's a good way to learn how to shortjump? I know I have to hardly tap x/y but I want to be able to shortjump whenever I want to, not just if I'm lucky. There's gotta be an easyer way...

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Theres no real trick to it although some characters have much more sensitive controls then others and with some characters you can hit the x/y buttons a little harder. Ex. With sheik you must be precise in tapping the the x/y button lightly but with Ganondorf you can hit it harder and he will still short hop. The only real way to master the short hop is to practice it and practice how lightly you can tap the jump button. Just keep trying until you master it. Don't stress yourself out because if you do that then you will only get frustrated and you'll never master it. Just take your time and practice.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
PaperLuigi522 said:
Does anyone know how to beat the jiggillypuff target test?
I assume you're having problems with the last 3/4 targets. Use your Pound (side-B) to break each target while you fly to the furthest away target.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, smash the first 2 targets in the beginning area with some aerials, then fly through the first obstacles and smash the third target. Fly through the next obstacle and go to the target that's in the left-upper corner, smash it. Then you'll come to the part of the flying and moving obstacles: just duck to avoid the lower flying ones and smash all the targets on your way through. Then you'll arrive at the Pound-thing: use pound to smash the first target there, then press X/Y to float a little further, pound again on the next target, and keep repeating the progress until you reach the last target.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Cheap Mario Trouble

I have a major problem...
My friend and I play on FD, but he's started using Mario now and he's being cheap as ****.
He stays in one spot, shoots fireballs and then capes, grabs, down-throws, and smashes forward, and repeats.
I can't arial attack him, nor ground attack, and I rarely ever even touch him now with mario. What should I do?

p.s. I am good with most of the characters, but this is seriously upsetting.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, try this if you can:

Marth: you have the best range of any character. That says enough.

Fox: You can do two things, spam blaster from a distance so he will come at you. This will likely not work because of his cape.

Or you can run towards him. When he uses Fireball, use reflector and Jump Cancel it as quickly as possible after the time you can't JC it because it has lag from reflecting something. Then SHFFL some Nairs to hit him.

Falco: Simply SHL towards him.

PaperLuigi5222

Banned via Administration
try using fox or falco to shoot him from far away or jump up over him with C. Falcon and do falcon kick

Nemesis Enforcer

Smash Journeyman
All good suggestions so far, just offering a couple other character strategies:

Sheik: play mind games with the needles. Charge them and shoot them through his fireballs. Charge him and then jump and throw some needles.
IC: Charge, jump and shoot the ice cube things; if he capes those, they don't really reflect too well. Also, charge/wavedash and use ftilt or power shield to get in closer. Charge again and then down dodge, followed by a smash. I usually down smash, but if he is always going to cape then just smash the opposite of him and if he is a dumbaass he'll turn you around only to be smashed.

The basic approach strategy of ftilt to cancel the fireballs or power shielding will break down his strategy like Typo Mastr said, forcing him to change it up.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Thanks, I'll try those things...

sonicPearltsl25- Event 50 is the two hands right? Use ganondorf, and his Up+A smash, till one hand is defeated, then move on to the other one.

Then, Event 51- use Jigglypuff's Down+B Attack on Giga Bowser, and then repeat on the other two <Once Giga Bowser is gone, you can use Rollout a lot easier..>

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Another good way to beat event 50 is by spamming Yoshi's Dair without fastfalling. This racks up damage quickly. I mean, cuts HP quickly.

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
Or, if you have good timing/reflexes, you could always go Counter happy with Roy. By countering some of their more powerful attacks, its possible to do like, 70 hp of damage to both of them (if they happen to be close) Especially when they do that combined move where one punches the other. You can beat it without gettin' hurt once if you can time his counter well. And in between that, just nair them. It doesn't do TOO much damage (like 13 hp or so) but it still chips away at one of them while you wait for opportunites to counter.

xflash

Smash Rookie
prob with some events

meh could somebody help me with event 36, 47 and 49? cause im really not that good with those multi fights :laugh:

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
First of all, why does everyone have that same lame Fox-with-gun pic in his sig? And, in multifights, use Marth and spam Smash-attacks. It's really not that hard.

xflash

Smash Rookie
thanks ill try that and about my sig im yet to see somebody with the same fox pic in their sig but if its annoying i'll gladly make a new one

edited: opps i didn't notice that NGCXX had it in his sig

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
err, NGCXX posted just five posts or so back xD he has it in his sig. And loads of people have. But don't mind me, it's your sig, your choice, aye? Was just sayin'.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Event 51? Even though I feel this has been asked many, many times on the boards already, I'm gonna be mister nice gy and hand you some solutions.

The easiest ways: use Jigglypuff and spam rest (downB), use Roy and counter a LOT (for instance, Ganondorf's warlock punch ^_^), use Fox/Falco and keep spamming firebird at angles over the back of Gigabowser, and repeat. Use Samus and really spam projectiles (Giga Bowser doesn't shield) or you could take the best way and learn to play Melee the advanced way (learn to tech, Lcancel, shffl, and all sorts of neat tricks considering whoever your main is) and then own the event without breaking a sweat.

PerfectPixel

Smash Apprentice
I have problems with gannon and mewtwo because of gannons up+b move.
EDIT: got problesm with em all. Been playing since game came out and still havent beat it! I suck. :cry:

xflash

Smash Rookie
quit braggin and maybe try to unlock every stage or new home-run records and there's always the multiman mele

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
ComputerBoy10 said:
I beet all event matches,unlocked all trophies/characters is there any thing else i should do?
OMG You could try playing the game on an advanced level, you know, that thing these entire boards are about?

zxkingofheartsxz

Smash Rookie
well i beat event 51 with the jigg
i just used the super sleep on giga.
then beat the crap out of the others
you just need to know how to use her/him/it...whatever
and ya thats how i beat it.

smash empeor

Smash Cadet
Use kirby used his B+forward to prevent ganon from sending my a** flying off stage & then i used B+up to prevent the others from taking me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom