• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeleePro

Smash Rookie
But if you do Ganondorf's punch to Roy's counter (both being human) and leave the controller alone, Ganondorf will just go straight to his death. The same thing happened to me with a barrel. I went straight up and pressed something that sent me straight back to the ground. Another time a bob-omb his me as Ness and I went up then down. Not sure how...

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I don't understand your question. Are you wondering why this happens? or are you trying to recreate this situation? I guess you want to know why it happens and there is no real answer.The physics engine in this game can be really crazy. This game has alot of wild explosions and incredible looking KOs. We as smashers don't know exactly why it happens or why we go flying at certain angles. It's a product of the programming and the game physics.

IsaneMosquito

Smash Rookie
so to wavedash u jump and when the character bends his knees air dodge? k i think i get it. Is there any other cool lilttle things in the game?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Isanemosquito: Actually there are many "cool little things" I could post them all but that would be WAYYYYYY too much typing. Instead I will direct you to this thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749
It will explain all the things that you can do in this game.
I really hope this helps.

Meleepro: I was happy to be of service. :)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
you don't, unless you use Action Replay. You can only play against him in adventure and Event 51, and you can never play as him.

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
You've been deceived somehow... you CAN'T play as him UNLESS you used an AR... if he CAN use G Bowser, send some pics of him using G Bowser in a situation where G Bowser isn't possible, and have him describe what he did to get it... I can guarantee you that its not G Bowser he's using unless he did indeed use an Action Replay

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
have a pic of the character select screen with giga bowser on and you selecting him. its impossible. besides the basic test to prove that you don't have any more characters to unlock is to buy AR and turn the unlock all chars and stages code on. i've done it. there is no giga bowser playable character.

your friend probably either already had the cube on when you came over or set it up when you weren't around.

Master_Yang

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm a VERY new player whos plays as Roy and Jigglypuff(Puff mainly for laughs :) ). I'd like some tips on beating a.my girlfriend, a marth player whos the same level as me(that means we don't wavedash, SHFFL etc) and b.my friend, a good shiek whos specialty is fast comboing. Any tips at all for either Roy or Puff would be appreciated.

nin10do

Smash Journeyman
Master_Yang said:
Hi, I'm a VERY new player whos plays as Roy and Jigglypuff(Puff mainly for laughs :) ). I'd like some tips on beating a.my girlfriend, a marth player whos the same level as me(that means we don't wavedash, SHFFL etc) and b.my friend, a good shiek whos specialty is fast comboing. Any tips at all for either Roy or Puff would be appreciated.
Try looking under the character specific boards under the Super Smash Bros Melee category. I'm sure you'll find a lot of tips there.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Oh no my friend I am afraid your signature is drastically wrong. Pi equals Pi, or one of the many other expressions that can be used for it. Pi does not equal 22/7 or 3.14, but I know you are aware of this, as your name has more figures. Pi, my friend, is an exact number. saying pi=3.14 is like saying that 2=2.00159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211706798214808--(thats off the top of my head anyways, and idk if its exactly right.)
the point is 2=2.001 or 2.002 or anything else but 2. Pi is the same way.

You shame me and all of your fellow math nerds.

Oh yeah and puff is darn good.

Master_Yang

Smash Cadet
3.14159 said:
What do you mean "puff mainly for laughs"? If you're implying that Puff sucks, that's crap. Puff owns people.
Thats not what I meant. I personally suck with Puff - I've mastered the art of the suicide rest. I know Puff rules though, just watching vids like puffstuff is enough to prove that.

Norboq

Smash Rookie
Alright, I've been reading the forums for about 2 weeks now, trying to answer all my n00bish to you guys questions on my own, and I've learned a lot. Wavedashing has been explained in this thread alone like 10 times, I'm getting better with that and L cancelling, teching, and using the C-stick especially. The one thing that I really haven't been able to get down AND haven't seen here is how to short hop consistently. I've seen videos of it quite often, and people talk about it like it's no big thing, but I can't get it down so that I can do it at will. I'm playing as marth, not that that makes a difference in actually pulling one off, and I'm using a third party controller. It's called a superpad, I believe it's made by pelican though I don't have it on me right now, and I'm not sure if that's making it harder or anything. I mean, I'm hitting the button just as fast as I can...is there any trick to it? Please help, I'd be quite grateful!

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know where to put this but uhh... has anyone named the technique that fox/falco/mario can use? Use the A combo, but don't finish it, just repeat? Tap A twice, wait, tap A twice again? So it's just a constant punch with low enough knockback to keep you from DIng out, or attack back? I call it the "Solid Snake Attack" cause it's similar to the way you can do it in the MGS games.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I've heard/seen that technique being used quite often as falcon, but it isn't mentioned as much with fox/falco. With cf the only name i am aware of is it being called "The Gentleman". I don't believe the jab combo for fox/falco has been officially named yet, so if you can get the "Solid Snake" to stick then go for it

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Norboq said:
The one thing that I really haven't been able to get down AND haven't seen here is how to short hop consistently.
Just remember to press the button extremely quickly and lightly (I prefer to press Y...I think...I can't remember if I press X or Y now, chi...o.O). Try running at your opponent, then short hopping at them. That might get you the more practice you need in a situation where your opponent can attack you. Just keep at it, and remember that no one can do any trick 100% of the time.

Oh, and I just recently realized that I don't really L-Cancel at all...so I'm starting to try to L-Cancel more...I mean, I L-Cancel when it's obvious (getting back from a Down-A in air or something), but I never really L-Cancelled when I was landing from a normal Forward-A with Marth...Also, I wonder why people call it L-Cancel and not R-Cancel. To me it seems easier to pull off by pressing R than L...I never press the L button...o.O

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
Again, I don't know where to put this so I'll put it here. If you run and stop pressing the control-stick, your character will slow down a little to a lot. If you press A at any time during the closing animation, he'll proceed to use his dash attack, it's a good fake-out technique, but I don't know if anyone has already posted it.

NAZN TYR

Smash Journeyman
Well, the slowdown is stopped entirely and the character seems to regain momentum and do his attack. It looks as if the character was almost up to standing, and then skips all frames leading to the attack, and lunges forward. Err... yeah.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
3.14159 said:
I guess people think L-cancel sounds better than R-cancel, or maybe the people who programmed it used L... I don't know.
WRONG. this is a common misconception. The L is not for the button L.

Le-cancel translates to Lag-Cancel, which is why it is L and not R.

Whoever heard of rag canceling?

Sakura Haruno

Smash Rookie
Um, I need help with knowing how to get better at playing Super Smash Bros Melee. I try so hard to play well, but I just can't get it (and my older brother keeps beating me haha) I know practicing helps, but it just isn't working, do I need to do/know some sort of special thing while practicing?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
firsxt we have to know how much you know. if you don't know how to do stuff like wavedashing and l-canceling(or even know what they are) read the (Answer to all you questions" thread.

If your problem is just incorporating into your game play, i'd advise practicing in training mode and against level 1 computers for technical difficulties. Once you actually know how to do everything, just play against your brother alot to practice using thee techs against hi. Another thing you need to play human opponents for is mindgames.
but overall, i'd just say work on onething at a time. pick something like shorthopping and focus on using tat in matches for a while, then switch to WDing, then l-canceling, etc.

Sakura Haruno

Smash Rookie
Thanks CHRed2AKKrisp!

Today I practiced by playing with my brother and some friends and I think I'm kinda getting the hang of it. Part of my problem is getting the controls done correctly at the right time and that I tend to attack with the same moves constantly (I play as Falco)

I will for sure try wavedashing and I-canceling the next time I play.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
well its actually L canceling, that was just a lowercase "L"(looks like l) in my post.

you're welcome though.

NovaWave

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any tips on Doing a SHFFL? I can SH, FF, and L cancel but not all at once. I can SH aerial FF, but no L-Cancel. Is there a trick or sumthing that cud help me learn?

PerfectPixel

Smash Apprentice
Since its bumped Im posting, I need help with event 36, 47+ (I know who to sue in 51 so dont tell me)

Geno007

Smash Cadet
For the event where you fight doc, pichu, roy, ganon, ylink, falco, use a heavy character (doesn't have to be bowser heavy, but not a light character) so that you save your stock, since you won't be flying very far.

Event match 50, use ganon and up smash the hands to death. Works with falcon as well, but his legs aren't as strong

Sakura Haruno

Smash Rookie
ChRed2AKrisp said:
well its actually L canceling, that was just a lowercase "L"(looks like l) in my post.
Argh! I'm so stupid! Yeah, that's kinda how I am when I stay on the computer for the whole night hehe

BentoBox

Smash Master
Ok... I can wavedash, I can waveland, but I have no idea how to get back on a stage while hanging on a ledge, by wavedashing ;_;. Everytime I tilt my joystick down a bit, I let go of the ledge and fall to my demise~~ Any tips? T_T

edit : hmm, do I need to let go of the ledge, then jump and waveland on the stage, and all of that done in a split second? When I see Chu do it, he doesnt seem to go through all these steps~~ D=

Help :O

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Yeah, learn to use away if you have that problem. I use down, but it depends on how comfortable you are letting go of the control stick immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom