• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Unlock random stage select, and then, turn them off. I'll edit with how to unlock random stage select in like 2 minutes.

EDIT: Gamespot says
Unlock every stage except for Battlefield, Final Destination, Dream Land N64, Yoshi's Island N64, and Kongo Jungle N64. This option appears in Additional Rules under Custom Rules in VS mode and allows you to exclude stages you don't want to go to when you use the Random stage select option.
And the levels you need to unlock are, again, as gamespot says
  • Stage Unlock: Brinstar Depths Stage To unlock the Brinstar Depths stage, you must play at least 50 matches in VS. mode.
  • Stage Unlock: Fourside Stage To unlock the Fourside stage, you must play at least 100 matches in VS. mode (without quitting).
  • Stage Unlock: Big Blue Stage To unlock the Big Blue stage, you must play at least 150 matches in VS. mode (without quitting).
  • Stage Unlock: Poké Floats Stage To unlock the Poké Floats stage, you must play at least 200 matches in VS. mode (without quitting).
  • Stage Unlock: Flat Zone Stage To unlock the Flat Zone stage, you must complete 1-P Classic mode at any difficulty/stock with Mr. Game & Watch.

After these are unlocked, the option is under additional options.

dkrfan

Smash Rookie
Hello all, I didn't want to search through 89 pages of posts to see if what I'm looking for is there.

Anyways, is there some kind of website that gives detailed strats for getting the most possible points on classic mode? (I get just over a million with every character, but I'm still missing most high scores by about 300-400k)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It has to do with how close you are in relation to the ledge. RIGHT when you up-b is only if you're really close. I would do it a second or less away from the ledge.

dkrfan

Smash Rookie
Just to make sure my question is read, is there some kind of site/thread specifically about how to get the most points in classic mode?

Darkhiryuu

Smash Rookie
For the Lon Lon Milk, Target, Sheriff and Unown trophies I think my game glitched. I beat BtT with all characters and have a total time of 11:57:xx and for home run contest I have a total distance of over 22,000 feet yet the game didn't give me those trophies. The game even said under special messages I beat BtT with all characters yet still nothing. Any idea how I can get those?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
For the Lon Lon Milk, Target, Sheriff and Unown trophies I think my game glitched. I beat BtT with all characters and have a total time of 11:57:xx and for home run contest I have a total distance of over 22,000 feet yet the game didn't give me those trophies. The game even said under special messages I beat BtT with all characters yet still nothing. Any idea how I can get those?
Clear all your non-unlockable data pertaining to trials >_<. thats my best guess. Anyone else?

Darkhiryuu

Smash Rookie
Well I went back and lowered my times with some characters on BtT and I got the three targets for that. So I'm guessing that if I do the same for Home Run it should work there as well

Magma

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm new here. Anyway, I'm trying to unlock EVERYTHING in Melee, and I've seen on GameFAQs that there's a special message that says "1,000,000 VS. mode matches! Never thought you'd see this!" Fact or fiction. It just seems too unreal to be true.

nigam

Smash Cadet
my question is that can someone tell me the levels that counterpick characters and who that char. is for example

marth vs peach= yoshi story
falco vs shiek= jungle japes

and so on.

Ps only put the levels that arnt banned and sorry if this post was already said i didnt want to check all the pages:laugh:

Magma

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to beat Adventure mode on Very Hard to get the special message, but I seem to be having problems. I know you can use continues, but I usually don't have enough coins to continue more than twice. Anyway, the Pokemon stage is extremely tough--those Pikachus are MERCILESS. I prefer to use Samus, since her Screw Attack is a good way to get rid of the Yoshis and Kirbies, but I'm open to other characters too.

Does anyone have any general advice on getting through Adventure unscarred?

Temprus

Smash Rookie
I need help with using advanced techs with Sheik.
Is short hopping really all that good with Sheik, or can I just skip that and use the other non-shing techniques?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
SHing with any character allows you to move and attack with more speed. SHFFLing is an essential tool for any player, and if you are just looking for a way to avoid the moderate learning curve for SHFFLing, I'd say you're better off just practicing your SHing FFing and L canceling. Watch some Drephen vids on Youtube so you can get an idea of what's effective and what isn't.

Perkinjy

Smash Rookie
For Pikachu, is there a specific sequence of up+B to do the quick attack in 2 directions? Instead of getting 2 jumps in different places, I usually end up with him jumping only once, and usually upwards. Am I not maneuvering the contol stick fast enough or something?

I've also seen in several videos how Pikachu can quick attack seemingly multiple times in a row at the edge of a stage or even in the air; how do you do that without having him freeze and become uncontrollable after the 1st one and falling to his doom?

For any character, how do you grab the edge of the stage on command instead of teetering on the edge? I've seen videos of people directing characters to drop onto the edge specifically in the middle of a jump, which I'd love to learn how to do.

As you can see by my questions, I'm a real beginner, so I appreciate any help or advice!

Temprus

Smash Rookie
Hmm...suppose I might as well just learn all the techs. Anyway, would it be better to just try the advanced techs with a character like Fox at first, or should I start with Bowser and gradually move up? Note that I'll only be playing against computers, so difficulty with playing as low tier characters isn't a problem.
Also, are there any tips to SHing? I try to do it as fast as I can, and 1/5 times, I still end up double jumping :/

alucard.ec

Smash Apprentice
Anyone knows a webpage to find the "sound efects" in the fights-? im planning to do a cosplay fight .. so i need that files.. or how to get them

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
For Pikachu, is there a specific sequence of up+B to do the quick attack in 2 directions? Instead of getting 2 jumps in different places, I usually end up with him jumping only once, and usually upwards. Am I not maneuvering the contol stick fast enough or something?

I've also seen in several videos how Pikachu can quick attack seemingly multiple times in a row at the edge of a stage or even in the air; how do you do that without having him freeze and become uncontrollable after the 1st one and falling to his doom?

For any character, how do you grab the edge of the stage on command instead of teetering on the edge? I've seen videos of people directing characters to drop onto the edge specifically in the middle of a jump, which I'd love to learn how to do.

As you can see by my questions, I'm a real beginner, so I appreciate any help or advice!
for pikachu's quick attack, both directions cant be the same, or within less than 45 degrees of each other. for example, you can go up -> diagonal-up-left. but if you tried to go more upwards on the second one, you wouldnt get a second part at all.

the timing of pressing the directions is pretty simple, you want to be holding the first direction immeadiately after you press up+b, then anywhere from a couple frames before the first dash occours till the end of the first dash you need to press a different direction to get the second dash out.

learning to do multiple quick attacks at the edge may be difficult for you at this point, but its done by letting go of an edge by pressing down or away, then immeadiately up+b away from the edge and back towards it. if you did it right, you regrab the edge and can do it again. this is easiest to do going straight up and down, but its possible if youre fast enough to do in other directions.

there are quite a few ways to grab the edge from on the stage, but the most used method is simply wavedashing backwards off the edge. you have to be facing towards the stage to be able to grab the edge, so you cant just run off the stage and instanly grab the edge (there are a couple exceptions to this, one involving yoshi and another involving a really difficult timing...). you might not be aware of what wavedashing is, and if thats the case, you should check out the stickys at the top of melee discussion.

and for grabbing the edge out of a jump...if youre facing toward the edge, youll automatically grab it as long as youre not holding down. if youre facing away from the edge, there are a couple tricks to grab it, but generally you wont grab it. you have to turn your character around in midair somehow. pikachu can up+b directly toward the edge, for example.

Hmm...suppose I might as well just learn all the techs. Anyway, would it be better to just try the advanced techs with a character like Fox at first, or should I start with Bowser and gradually move up? Note that I'll only be playing against computers, so difficulty with playing as low tier characters isn't a problem.
Also, are there any tips to SHing? I try to do it as fast as I can, and 1/5 times, I still end up double jumping :/
well for things like l-cancelling it would be useful to use someone slow like bowser, just so you can see if youre doing it right. once you can tell when youre doing it, you should start practicing techs with the character youre going to be using in the end.

and about the short hopping, what buttons are you pressing? you shouldnt be pressing up/x/y twice at all, you simply press the button very quickly once for a SH. its easier done with slower characters, so try it out with bowser before fox.

Astr0ace

Smash Rookie
Hey, so I've been playing alot of 10-Man Melee lately and have a total of 2:59.48. It's kind of embareasing to ask this question as I have an ok sub-3 total but...

I need help with Link world record strat.

All I need to know is how to throw a light boomerang consistently, is the a technique.

Please do not ignore, any pro 10MM players on this forum I need your help. My Link time is 6.88 but I want high 6.7x's.

Thanks to anyone who does not ignore.

-Astr0

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Hm, I knew there was a decent following in the btt and hrc, but this is news to me. im not into this kind of thing, but light boomerang, if you mean just not the smash one, its just a tilt. it may not feel right, but if you're halfway decent with the advanced techs, you should have the finger control to be able to do tilt-b quickly without making it a full smash boomerang. Theres a video along the lines of "his tech skill is over 9000" that you can check out in the video discussion board, under miscellaneous.

If I misunderstood your question, ignore the above statements.
Good luck with your record

Astr0ace

Smash Rookie
Of course, a tilt! :ohwell:

I find it very hard to do quickly, so new new record yet. Thanks for the help though.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Was that really it?
I wasn't quite sure if I was oversimplifying it and totally missing the target, but I hope you get the record, good luck.

sensei_andrew

Smash Rookie
Aside from spaming Links Up-B. Is there any other way to get better with him? Cuz I've been using Mario as an alternate and am considering the fact that he might be my new #1 character. If you can help me with some Link advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. To be honest I've sorta lost all interest with Link .

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I love people in your position. Look up "Aniki smash" on youtube and you should ge some vids of one of if not the best links. once you actually see it, it'll help you understand what the guides mean.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It really isn't as hard as it looks. 99% of the time you point people to a youtube video or just explain something thats already second nature to you. It's good to help new players.

kirbyeatyou

Smash Rookie
hey guys, ive seen screenshots all over the place , is it possible to take them yourself? any specific equipment needed?

please reply =]:chuckle:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
hey guys, ive seen screenshots all over the place , is it possible to take them yourself? any specific equipment needed?

please reply =]:chuckle:
I think you can use any video recording device like a video capture card, and then just like select a frame or something as a screen shot. I just got a capture card for christmas so this realm of video recording is new to me.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, i was wondering if there's a good way to get good at spacing. i mean...aside from taking mental notes while playing and memorizing the reach of attacks. if not, then oh well =/.

edit: sorry if a question like this has already been asked, i tried using "search" couldn't find anything.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It really helps to play with everyone and get used to the effective ranges of attacks. If you're too lazy for that, you could always go action replay and actually look at the hitboxes of your attacks and practices keeping at distances where you can reach your opponent with your attack, but they can't get to you.

hjihjihjihji

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-3014-8369
I am unable to get the Lethal Weapon (Hit with a wide variety of attacks) and Power Shielder (Used Power sheild often - 3 times or more in one minute) Bonus Pints:
Could some people please give tips on how to do these before i go insane?

Mars Frog

Smash Rookie
I am unable to get the Lethal Weapon (Hit with a wide variety of attacks) and Power Shielder (Used Power sheild often - 3 times or more in one minute) Bonus Pints:
I just got both of those today. The trick to Lethal Weapon is to use three smash attacks, all four specials, and all five aerials and NOT to miss with any of them. Do that and at the end of the match you should have it.

As for Power Shielder... It just takes REALLY good timing to pull that off. If you block right before taking a hit you'll see a white flash and hear a different sound from the usual shield your character has. This is much easier to do if you have someone to play with or at least two controllers to do it yourself... because believe me, working with the A.I on this one is a true b!#%& ...

And while I'm here, could someone possibly give some tips on how to score the Flying Meteor bonus? I'm having difficulty with that one...

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
Lethal Weapon: Set your damage ratio to 0.5, thenpick a 2 min coin match (this is to avoid sudden death). Pick 2 characters ( easier with 2 human players.) Use your 3 smash attacks (up, down, forward), 5 air attacks (A, up+A, down+A, left+A, right+A), & 4
special moves (B, up+B, down+B, forward+B) on the other (non-moving)
player without killing him. U should get the bonus at the end of the match.

Power Shielder: I did this by playing as both 1st and 2nd player. I chose anyone and Roy. I chargerd up Roy's forward A and right before it hit I shielded with 2nd player. You should see a white flash. Do this 3 times in one minute and u will get the bonus.

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
And while I'm here, could someone possibly give some tips on how to score the Flying Meteor bonus? I'm having difficulty with that one...
Flying Meteor: This one is tricky. What you need to do is choose Ganondorf and any other character. Go to a stage where to floor damages you (like Mute City or Brinstar). Just wait until the other character gets hit into the air and jump and hit the with Ganondorf's aerial down+A.(This one is difficult so don't get discouraged if u don't get it one the 1st couple of tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom