• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Free for all. It's impossible to play and use skill in them for me. I can WD well with 1 person on the stage, with 3 people, I can barely shffl. I hate FFAs so much.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ahh yes Free For All's(I am tired so don't complain). I do have less skill because I have to watch out for everyone so mindgames don't work as well. I can partially agree with you. Also, it gets annyoing to SHL with Falco both ways. SHL, jump, turn in air, SHL and so on. Much more accurate with one on ones. But, I am not horrible at them and can play good still just not great.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well, Samus is one of my many mains. I main, in some order of best to worse:

1) Mario
2) Marth
3) Fox (my original main since 2002)
4) ICs
5) Samus
6) Capt Falcon
7) Ganondorf (don't suck with him at all, but I'd say from here down is where it gets weak)
8) Yoshi
9) Bowser

The biggest problem in FFA is people who just attack anybody, it just turns the whole thing into a a mess of rolling and smash attacks.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah. Whenever we do free for alls in our crew, doesn't matter the skill of the player. It's either a c-stick, or a move like the knee rumble.

Mains:
Marth
GaW
Kirby
Falco/Fox
Bowser
Yoshi
Peach
Ness

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Cool a G&W main, I've never watched a video of a good G&W player but it must be tough handing a character you can't L-cancel with, plus his shield sucks.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It's like maining Bowser, matches can be won, you have to being really on your game to beat anyone good. I used to be the typical, every top tier player as my mains kind of player, but I've been experimenting with the lower tiers. I think bombsoldier has a vid or two as GaW. If iI can remember any other good vids of GaW I'll get back to you.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I don't main G&W anymore but I used to. If you know what you're doing he's not that bad of a character. But this was before I discovered Falco and Shiek, then Marth and L-cancelling.
If your opponent is in the air and you fAir them (that cake/cynderblock/shoebox move) it can be devestating. And even the rest of his A attacks are strong and can combo well. And the lack of L-cancelled aerial moves is made up for with the fact that they are all more than decent attacks.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well, he's the worst character by far. That's it. He's bottom of the bottom tier, Taj is the only pro I've seen who can play him well, and will pretty much always be ***** by someone a tier higher than him.

EDIT: and he isn't even Taj's best. He's one of his mains, but he comes in under two others. Marth and Fox (I think).

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I actually find Mewtwo to be pretty decent. My character statistics, I don't like Pichu at all. I think he sucks the most and should be the bottome of the tier...not Mewtwo.

~rh

Smash Lord
I agree with the Pichu statement. At least Mewtwo's not another character water-downed.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I wouldn't say any of the clones are watered down. At most I'd say they're like Coke and Pepsi. Some people like one and some people like the other more.

And yes, Mewtwo is original. I hope they bring him back but buff him exponentially. He deserves to be a good character. He has so much potential unused.

Univern72

Smash Rookie
I don't live anywhere near my friends and it's really difficult to play against them constantly for practice. Are bots worth practicing against, do I have to just nag my friends to come play, or is there another special way to practice?

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
its useful to play lvl 1s in VS. mode to practice techs, such as shuffling and wavedashing. but this is just to improve your consistency in performing these and linking them together quickly and such. its better to practice with humans, because they will learn, and they can tell you what youre doing wrong.

JMRboosties

Smash Rookie
Event 31 Help

I am convinced that there is a glitch on playing Event 31 through a second time. There are too many people on this board that I've seen have the same exact trouble as I do. They beat the Event 31 with ease their first play-through, only to have it become impossible no matter how well they do in their second try. Is there any known data besides all of these complaints to confirm that it is in fact a glitch? And if so, how do I solve this problem?

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
I use DK on event match 31. I can't remember very much about the first time I played it but I don't think it was harder than it is know. My strategy is to wait by the side of the stage and throw them off of it. I mostly use shield grabs and a few dash grabs here and there. I did it just know and got 10 kills.

I also don't think there is a glitch.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I don't recall which event 31 is, can someone refresh my memory? My wii is outside by the pool >_>

And JMR, Don't train on lvl 9's. You'll develope bad habits, plus they powershield everything, they make ridiculous grabs that noone could time, and also, they do stupid stuff over and over(I.E face a lvl 9 ganon and double jump above him, i almost guarantee he'll up-b)

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
It's the one where you have to verse Mario and Luigi with a character of your choice. It is a two minute time battle on Mushroom kingdom. Your high score is based on kill total. I think they're not on a team, but they gang up on you like in trophy tussle

Edit: Oh no... my stupid MS paint signiture popped up, I hate that thing...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Ahh I liked that one. Once upon a time I was much better with jiggs, and I just sleepered them. But since I've been hosting tournaments now, I've lost a few memory cards and have had to go threw it all again, and i'd say don't try and do it well, jsut try and do it. use marth and jsut smahs attack them to death with his "long *** sword". you've got much more reach than they do that way. youhave to finish events in a way that you'd be embarassed to play your friends with. All smash attacks.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I've been blessed with the fact that I've got 3 friends across the street who play, 1 not far away that is always down to paly, and a brother who is usually up for a few matches, so I tend to get a much play with people as I can. Because techniques are useless if you can't hit a person with them, and you need to use mind games to hit a person. Lvl 9 are like those chess players that play super computers. Until I see a super computer at a tournament, I'm not goingto train on them. Honestly, when I've got noone to play with and I'm really itching to go, I do some tournaments with the computers lvl's set to random.

EDIT: I'm not saying people shouldn't face 9's. I think there are some goods and some bads about them, but at the end of the day you have to choose your own way to train.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
lol. deja vu. I can fight repost fire with repost fire :
I've been blessed with the fact that I've got 3 friends across the street who play, 1 not far away that is always down to paly, and a brother who is usually up for a few matches, so I tend to get a much play with people as I can. Because techniques are useless if you can't hit a person with them, and you need to use mind games to hit a person. Lvl 9 are like those chess players that play super computers. Until I see a super computer at a tournament, I'm not goingto train on them. Honestly, when I've got noone to play with and I'm really itching to go, I do some tournaments with the computers lvl's set to random.

EDIT: I'm not saying people shouldn't face 9's. I think there are some goods and some bads about them, but at the end of the day you have to choose your own way to train.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by WGWOLVERINE : Today at 04:41 PM.

Mars—

Smash Rookie
i know this is gonna sound weird, but i have a serious problem. When i play people in smash bros, i get really nervous and sometimes the controller slips out of my hand because of all the sweat. I tried playing with some cotton gloves, but then i can't feel the buttons so well. I ordered some talc powder from ebay and maybe that will help but it might get inisde my controller. I am stuck. Someone please help!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
lol, my friend acutally had the same problem, and he got this weird wireless gameshark brand controller, and it has like contoured grips, might be something to look into.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
solution: play so many people that its as natural as sleeping. and unless you have a very serious problem where you are too nervous to fall asleep, then it should work, and you wont be nervous anymore.

also, play some friendly matches, or even mess around in some FFAs or something. dont start off serious.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
There's also a cheaper solution than going out and buying a rubber-gripped controller, which is a good idea and all, but just try holding the controller tighter, and everytime you have a second to rest, either after KOing an opponent or being KOed yourself, just wipe your hands on your pants or shirt. Everyone gets sweaty hands, even the pros. *CORRECTION* especially the pros.

Lol, thanks for that post though. It was just silly enough to brighten up my day. And good for you to not be ashamed of who you are: A dedicated Smasher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom