• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gamestop Brawl Tournament Rules

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Hm, as long as I can play with a gc controller i will most likely win the first round, and the second. But having to use the wii mote will not be fun... Hopefully my store won't make us use em'. But just like the cutting edge (that seems like a really common hair cutting place..) I'm gonna try with whatever the rules are. Good luck to everyone participating, that is unless you're playing me ;)
you wont win.

play me in wifi, I would like to see you're skills
oh wait, you dont even have the game do you?

Juke_Master

Smash Rookie
you wont win.

play me in wifi, I would like to see you're skills
oh wait, you dont even have the game do you?
Heh, we'll see.. Although my confidence is a little shaken now - I called the gamestop that I'm going to and the wiimote/nun chuk combo is required.. What a pain in the ***.. Not only that but it seems that they're leaving the settings completely alone! Which means that items will almost certainly be set on medium or something. But alas, I'll remain positive and confident. I at least know what the control scheme is and I can go over it in my head and I'll be mentally prepared I suppose. And yeah I'd love to play you online, so if you really wanna play me just wait until the 9th, we'll exchange our friends codes? (Is that how it works?) and I'll see you on.
Just don't expect to win. haha

Mario Girl

Smash Cadet
Heh, we'll see.. Although my confidence is a little shaken now - I called the gamestop that I'm going to and the wiimote/nun chuk combo is required.. What a pain in the ***.. Not only that but it seems that they're leaving the settings completely alone! Which means that items will almost certainly be set on medium or something. But alas, I'll remain positive and confident. I at least know what the control scheme is and I can go over it in my head and I'll be mentally prepared I suppose. And yeah I'd love to play you online, so if you really wanna play me just wait until the 9th, we'll exchange our friends codes? (Is that how it works?) and I'll see you on.
Just don't expect to win. haha
I wanna fight you too, just remind me whenever I get the game (may take a bit more than March 9th, I only have like $30 right nao x_x)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm not doing this **** anymore cause there's a Melee tourney with actual GC controllers allowed in my city the same day. Good luck Bailey, own that ****.

Skybent

Smash Cadet
in the rules it said "in case of a further tie the winner will be the player who did the least self destructs."

so does that mean theres FREAKING ITEMS TOO! god, that couldnt be gayer. and minors are screwed over if they make it to round 4. haha. but i doubt ill go that far anyways. gay rules and i know nothing about the wii mote but itll be fun :]. hopefully therell be more tourneys once people get to play the game.

Luckman

Smash Rookie
I entered the tournament just for the fun of it (and to win the $5000). But I don't know if i'll win since we can't use GC controllers. But i think I remember the person at my gamestop saying if you want to use a wavebird bring your own.

f8lmatt

Smash Apprentice
in the rules it said "in case of a further tie the winner will be the player who did the least self destructs."

so does that mean theres FREAKING ITEMS TOO! god, that couldnt be gayer. and minors are screwed over if they make it to round 4. haha. but i doubt ill go that far anyways. gay rules and i know nothing about the wii mote but itll be fun :]. hopefully therell be more tourneys once people get to play the game.

Parents can fly with minors for free.. don't see how the minors are screwed.

Medori Red

Smash Rookie
For anyone who had time with the game prior to this stupid tourney.

The Wiimote+Nunchuck combo does suck, but from what I've been told by my friend(Gamestop Manager) you can take the Nunchuck out and play with the Wiimote sideways. It's supposedly easier to play that way.

On the subject of bringing your own controllers, don't. You will be disqualified if you try to use your own control. Also, there will not be items unless the manager of the gamestop decides to put them in; when it comes down to it all the rules for the first & second round will be decided by the Gamestop Manager. Since the Gamestop Manager in my situation happens to be a good friend of mine, GC controllers, Stock, Final Des, and no items. Woot!

It all depends on which Gamestop you go to...eventually you'll be forced to play by the official rules but hey, at least some of us get a nice round 1 & 2. Oh, and for some bad news for the official rules, only starting roster characters are allowed in the tourney. This is up for debate since if they do this, Ness will be unlocked after the first 5 matches.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
While the lady working at the store seemed pretty awesome, she wouldn't divulge any information to Jasona and I when we stopped by. Also she noted that they were prohibited from placing a Brawl Demo in the store prior to it's release.

Just figured I'd add this tid-bit.

Top Bottom