• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Fan Custom Colors Thread

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Huh? No Sheik recolours yet?

Here are mine:

greetz

Edit: Here's another Fake: Summer Suit Sheik :D

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Leopard and "Summer" Sheik look fantastic, well done! =D

How do you make these? Is it just changing the hue on different selected areas. or what> =S

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
How do you make these? Is it just changing the hue on different selected areas. or what> =S
I use Gimp to mark the area (with the wand or the whip) and then change the colour with the colour changing option :chuckle:
It's not that hard... but some things like the leopard structure are a bit more difficult. You have to fill the marked area with a structure (the leopard thing is a standard structure in Gimp) and play with the opacity (is that the right word? I'm German, sorry :psycho:) and maybe change colour afterwards, if it looks bad.

greetz

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention my Fake&Recolour Vid :chuckle:
Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHyz-rszQtg
You might not like the music... it's folk metal :D

NotGiratina

Smash Apprentice
Can someone do Bowser with a blue(preferably a medium shade of cyan ) with Dark blue skin on the skull and body (though don't change the muzzle.)

And can they also do it with the shell and body colors reversed.:)

Sorry for asking a lot.:(

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Can someone do Bowser with a blue(preferably a medium shade of cyan ) with Dark blue skin on the skull and body (though don't change the muzzle.)
I think you forgot one word in the first part of the sentence :chuckle:

Whatever, how do you like this?

greetz

Pit_y

Smash Cadet

Well, I finally decided to show of one of my recolors. I try to do it the most similar to the dojo colors, not changing much the saturation or luminosity.. to make it look real.
Anyways, here's a green pit for you all.
I changed almost everything. In fact, the list of what remains the same is most likely shorter than a list of what I did change. :laugh:

P.S. In case it isn't obvious, the one on the left is my recolor, and the one on the right is the DOJO original.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
could you try doing a bowser like that one?
I tried to create something that looks close to the (awesome!) colour of Bowser in that Video, but it's hard to find a good picture, where you can see the colours...
Does anyone have a (better quality) pic of that Bowser alt. colour? Then I could do a better recolour... maybe.

Anyways, here's the one I made from this bad quality vid :chuckle::

I don't really like it at all... looks weird.

greetz

Edit: Argh, I forgot to comment on that Pit recolour from Pit_y ;)
This all looks very cool, you can see there's a lot of work in it. The recoloured areas were marked very well, I see no mistakes or anything (I usually have mistakes in my recolours... I'm usually too lazy to correct them afterwards :D).

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice

Well, I finally decided to show of one of my recolors. I try to do it the most similar to the dojo colors, not changing much the saturation or luminosity.. to make it look real.
Anyways, here's a green pit for you all.
I changed almost everything. In fact, the list of what remains the same is most likely shorter than a list of what I did change. :laugh:

P.S. In case it isn't obvious, the one on the left is my recolor, and the one on the right is the DOJO original.
Why not green eyes to go with it, since you took the time to change his eye colour?

J18

Smash Journeyman
lavamage, recoloring is more then simply changing the hue, put some effort into what you do.
hey i rhymed =]

blooagga

Smash Journeyman

I was playing around with filters and i thought the flaming feet was cool, but I kinda killed it with the rest, oh well here it is.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Would anyone be able to make me a "Ninja Squirtle" pic for me? I would be very appreciative. Orange mask BTW. Gratzi in advance!

Pit_y

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the comment Mobbin. I've enjoyed your recolors too, they're pretty good. That last one of Bowser looks pretty cool, kinda skeletonish :D

@ Ithilgore: Well, this may sound rather silly, but what I do for my recolors, is that I take the characters that my friends plan to main, and then recolor them to look like them, and for the clothes I use their fav color :laugh:

@ Blooagga: Honestly, I thought the flamming shoes looked pretty cool, but the white lines seem like they'd look nice if done better.

@ J18: The Ike looks cool, and I like what you did with the sword. The sonic is ok ^_^'

@ Genodisk: I like it. It looks a bit odd, but I like it nonetheless. The shield looks pretty nice too.

fums63

Smash Apprentice
i've decided to take different smash characters and make fire emblem sprites out of them. so far here's what i have:

tell me how i can improve and which one i should do next

fums63

Smash Apprentice
yeah theres something wrong with it... i used a mamkute sprite for it :p.

well i have pit done now:

EDIT: crap i forgot the wings... so i tried doing them and its not working. anyone wanna do the wings?
if anyone has any tips or requests tell me please

Jesus, it looks like Pokemon Trainer is an overweight lesbian woman, and Pikachu looks like something from Evil Dead. No more of that sprite stuff.

Top Bottom