• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Official Custom Moveset Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I don't think EVO should have customs again, I didn't think it should have had it last year either (though i wasn't displeased). Personally, I'm going to try shining a light on Glitch which is doing what I think should've always been done with customs. Just giving the people who do enjoy it an opportunity to play it, but not alienating or threatening the main player base. It should be treated like dubs, honestly.

Considering the backlash from even a large amount of TOP players about just certain DLC characters, it's obvious the playerbase doesn't have the right mindset for customs or new potent elements in general.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I don't think EVO should have customs again, I didn't think it should have had it last year either (though i wasn't displeased). Personally, I'm going to try shining a light on Glitch which is doing what I think should've always been done with customs. Just giving the people who do enjoy it an opportunity to play it, but not alienating or threatening the main player base. It should be treated like dubs, honestly.

Considering the backlash from even a large amount of TOP players about just certain DLC characters, it's obvious the playerbase doesn't have the right mindset for customs or new potent elements in general.
Yeah glitch inspired me too and I think that's what we're trying to do now. It may never be the main event but if we can promote its unique qualities it might be to quote Martha Stewart "a good thing" :)

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
So Glitch was a local MDVA event that quickly turned into a semi-major once ZeRo and a bunch of other a-listers decided to take part. It's held at Xanadu on March 12th. In addition to singles and doubles there's a low tier event and an "experimental" event with customs on, 3 stock, and a more liberal stage list.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
So Glitch was a local MDVA event that quickly turned into a semi-major once ZeRo and a bunch of other a-listers decided to take part. It's held at Xanadu on March 12th. In addition to singles and doubles there's a low tier event and an "experimental" event with customs on, 3 stock, and a more liberal stage list.
Ooh, that sounds interesting. And I'm actually in that general area for the next few weeks (PA, specifically), but it's for work so I can't really slip away for a Smash event. Damn.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Hey, if any of you want matches with custom moves, to discuss the custom moveset project or custom moves as a whole, or participate in a custom moves ladder, please join this discord!

https://discord.gg/0pqkuGnInuCPMicn

It's getting going pretty quickly (same one baptist posted previous page)

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
This colossus of battle has found it's [likely] resting place.
The new customs meta thread (http://smashboards.com/threads/the-fighter-atelier-a-place-for-the-customs-meta.431973/) should supplement continued discussion on customs-legal game play.

Campaigns or debates on legality have for the most part run it's course.

If a new custom moveset project comes along (due to the arising need for one), things will be reset up for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom