• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Character Support Links Index

courte

Smash Lord
with stafy "deconfirmed"[[hate that word]]... ill just have to send all of my support over to making a Onimusha and Astro Boy thread

i dare someone to say theres a requirement they don't meet!!

orintemple

Smash Lord
People have some CRAZY characters they support. I realize they may like a character but some of this stuff is ridiculously far fetched.

Florida

イーグランツ
Alright, I updated the list. If your support link isn't on the list, there's most likely a reason for that:

• Be sure to include the name, game of origin, and company (if necessary).
  • Provide a working link! Don't link me to a specific post, or a search.
I went ahead and added Stafy and Waluigi to the yellow list. I'm not putting Luigi in red just yet, there really hasn't been any leak. If I missed something, please let me know.

@Darkfur
I have no idea what you're talking about. Tell me what's wrong and I'll fix it, thanks.

courte

Smash Lord
actually you're half right there cless

i would be stoked to see an onimusha character, even if it would have to be from the gba version, then it'd be the main char

and while astro boy would be great he fails on the first rule --he was so good until anime being liscenced by nintendo published by sega and developed by treasure

Cless

Smash Champion
actually you're half right there cless

i would be stoked to see an onimusha character, even if it would have to be from the gba version, then it'd be the main char

and while astro boy would be great he fails on the first rule --he was so good until anime being liscenced by nintendo published by sega and developed by treasure
Well, I knew you were serious, but not at the same time. Like my thread.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Sephiroth was in KH: CoM, but I'm not entirely sure. If so, Sephiroth should be added to the list, as should Yuffie & "Leon" (Squall).

courte

Smash Lord
team blastoise charizard "deconfirmed"... god i hate that word --seriously can we make up another word or phrase

courte

Smash Lord
do red or blue count as sega or no??
they are from gunstar heroes and gunstar super heroes

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok, this needs to be pointed out.

Characters confirmed for pokeballs are highlighted in yellow, which I assume means "deconfirmed" since all the assist trophies are highlighted in yellow.

Kindly provide an official statement that equates pokeballs to deconfirmation (or equates pokeballs to assist trophies in every sense or in the specific sense that they are as likely to get into brawl).

Because the pokeball meaning a deconfirmation seems like just another fanmade rule that, while it might make sense in terms of them having a lower chance, is far from an absolute rule that Sakurai said he's following.

Cless

Smash Champion
Are you serious? They're not going to have you play a pokemon that comes from a pokeball. They are essentially assist trophies, and why would they make the models so crappy if they were planning on making them playable?

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
omg 4 the 5000th time pok'e balls and AT's are in yellow
red means hint of them being confirmed as a PC
now do you guys get it

there is NO blue

PLZ PUT THE KEY BACK

some are dumb jk lol :laugh:

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
omg 4 the 5000th time pok'e balls and AT's are in yellow
red means hint of them being confirmed as a PC
now do you guys get it

there is NO blue

Um. Red and Blue are characters from the "Gunstar Heroes" games. Courte is making the comment that they aren't listed.

You know, Egruntz really should put the legend/key back up and at the top of the original post. That would probably eliminate much of the confusion and most of these posts.

Egruntz. Whadda you say?

@ others: It's pretty much an unwritten rule that Pokemon appearing from pokeballs don't show up as playable characters. The basis for this expectation is the precident set by Smash 64 and Melee (I know you know this). It seems arbitrary, but for now we have no reason to believe Sakurai will go against that. Most of the time when something "breaks the rules" we get a major announcement to solidify the change (i.e. - Snake, Sonic, controller customization, online play, etc.). Besides, do you really want the added confusion of seeing an item-induced attacker that looks like your other combatants?

That is all.

courte

Smash Lord
oh jees i should've made my self much more clear

RED and BLUE are the names of two characters from Sega/Treasure's Gunstar Heros Series the second of which has debuted on the GBA and the original on the Wii VC

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Are you serious? They're not going to have you play a pokemon that comes from a pokeball. They are essentially assist trophies, and why would they make the models so crappy if they were planning on making them playable?
Which are all good reasons for a low chance for the given character being playable(except that they are essentially assist trophies, because whether they would qualify as the same for the purpose of deconfirmation would require a confirmation of such), but not for the character being deconfirmed.

Deconfirmation means 0% chance, which REQUIRES a concrete statement as such, be it inclusion in a category that had a concrete statement to that effect (which as of yet, only assist trophies have had the distinction of getting, and no, it did not extend to pokeballs since it's at the assist trophies page itself) or a statement about the character itself.

Deconfirmation is PERFECT assurance, as it stands now, pokeball is just "bet the mortgage on it" assurance that a character is not appearing in brawl, however unlikely, Sakurai may have decided to have a character appear as both a pokeball item, and a playable character. Weirder things have happened, my sister has gotten 9 heads in a row (.098% chance).

Point being: This is a logical fan made rule, but to consider it a deconfirmation is overreaching. The logic is strong enough to equate to low chance (exactly how low is a different debate alltogether) but nothing besides Sakurai's direct word is deconfirmation.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Why is Wolf still listed as yellow? Is it because of that rumor about Fox having an alternate color that made him resemble Wolf? That was proven false on the November 21st DOJO update.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique08.html

Fox's "Dark Fox" alternate color is indeed the same one from the E for All video that started this rumor. Anyone familiar with Star Fox characters can tell that Dark Fox bares no resemblance to Wolf.

Unless there's some official information that states a character will appear in Brawl only as an NPC, they shouldn't ever be listed as yellow.

courte

Smash Lord
perhaps in a sequel these at's would be playable... would that work out for you guys?? give 'em the charizard treatment

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
perhaps in a sequel these at's would be playable... would that work out for you guys?? give 'em the charizard treatment
Which is all well and good, but we're not talking about ATs.

And the whole point is that they're not ATs.

You want to keep reaching, then be my guest.
Just stating the simple truth.

You know the old addage a lie repeated enough becomes the truth? Well, it's not true, but people think it's the truth, and that's what's happening here. The community comes up with all sorts of unsubstantiated rules and expects Sakurai to hold to them. I'm merely pointing out that people need to recognize these things for what they are, assumptions.

Lest we think that the 3 hit combo is deconfirmed... again.

Why is Wolf still listed as yellow? Is it because of that rumor about Fox having an alternate color that made him resemble Wolf? That was proven false on the November 21st DOJO update.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique08.html

Fox's "Dark Fox" alternate color is indeed the same one from the E for All video that started this rumor. Anyone familiar with Star Fox characters can tell that Dark Fox bares no resemblance to Wolf.

Unless there's some official information that states a character will appear in Brawl only as an NPC, they shouldn't ever be listed as yellow.
Exactly.

Who ever said that alternate costumes deconfirmed anyway, I don't remember Sakurai saying that.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I see your point and you are correct. I also happen to like your criticism of the Smash community for inventing rules and then calling them canon. The community is notorious for such things and I've never understood it (calling excuses "Johns"? WTF?). However, due to the functional nature of this thread, it is very useful to eliminate highly unlikely candidates based on the idea that they are already slated to appear in a non-playable form. You can argue with the language used to discribe this and I personally believe we should use a word besides "decomfirmed". Perhaps "doubtful" or "unlikely". I don't know.

At the end of the day, Egruntz likes to use yellow text for characters that are unlikely playable and folks around here seem to like that. Do you think it's useful to distinguish between pokeball Pokemon and the truly deconfirmed Assist Trophies?

Once the game is released, this thread will serve mainly as an archive to compare fan requests/expectations against Sakurai's actual implementation of Brawl... and as a good start for the next game's requests. But for now, it's just nice to have a complete list and be able to see + or - who we can expect to see on the final roster.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I see your point and you are correct. I also happen to like your criticism of the Smash community for inventing rules and then calling them canon. The community is notorious for such things and I've never understood it (calling excuses "Johns"? WTF?). However, due to the functional nature of this thread, it is very useful to eliminate and or indicate highly unlikely candidates based on the idea that they are already slated to appear in a non-playable form. You can argue with the language used to discribe this and I personally believe we should use a word besides "decomfirmed". Perhaps "doubtful" or "unlikely". I don't know.
Well, "Johns" is just a technical term, most things that people get into enough eventually create such terms. Since language is based entirely on usage, as long as people use them, they exist.

Rules of the Universe however, do not bend to what people say they're doing (Middle Ages, geocentric model anyone?), nor do what third parties do (as much as the smash commutity says Sakurai is gonna do something, only he makes that decision).

So, thank you, I'm glad that somebody besides me recognizes this fact, that the mess of things that people on smashboards seem to consider deconfirmations were never confirmed as such.

Oh, might I suggest "purple" for "highly unlikely but a positive non-zero chance"?

Because 0% needs a category of it's own, a true deconfirmation until the actual game comes out is the exception, rather then the rule.

So yeah, "highly unlikely" is a good choice, but deconfirmed means confirmed to not be, far from "extremely unlikely".

courte

Smash Lord
I see your point and you are correct. I also happen to like your criticism of the Smash community for inventing rules and terms and then calling them canon. The community is notorious for such things and I've never understood it (calling excuses "Johns"? WTF?). However, due to the functional nature of this thread, it is very useful to eliminate highly unlikely candidates based on the idea that they are already slated to appear in a non-playable form. You can argue with the language used to discribe this and I personally believe we should use a word besides "decomfirmed". Perhaps "doubtful" or "unlikely". I don't know.
Oh. Em. Gee.

He just spit truth fire on everyone... and everythin. I agree completely.

D.U. FTW [Doubtful, unlikely}

btw adumbrodeus... i have no idea where i made that post in ur sig lin please?? :chuckle: i remember making it just not where

courte

Smash Lord
sorry for the dp

I've got to admit I'm actually surprised to see no Dark Link in the LoZ section... knowing this community... just saying

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh. Em. Gee.

He just spit truth fire on everyone... and everythin. I agree completely.

D.U. FTW [Doubtful, unlikely}
Don't think it's strong enough, doubtful can often be applied to characters that simply have low odds based on their own merits.

Hmmm, maybe instead of something that expresses their lack of chances, something that expresses their status.

Just saying "NPC" in connection to them would probably work and be understood.

btw adumbrodeus... i have no idea where i made that post in ur sig lin please?? :chuckle: i remember making it just not where
Here.

You can't say I didn't warn you, my reply said I was sigging it

Cless

Smash Champion
Maybe you can make a term that expresses the likelyhood that the team would take the time out to make two separate models for the same pokemon. One for pokeball pokemon and one for playable pokemon.

courte

Smash Lord
a. we need a black pants red shirt mario
b. anyone else notice just about zero support for kraid?? wouldn't that be the upset win. sakurai: "ok who is no one expecting?? well no one seems to give to bones about kraid... he will be the last unlockable!!"
posted in another room

Top Bottom