• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Official Brawl Update Hate or Love::.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Alright, well we all have been watching the new Updates for Brawl on Smash Bros. Dojo, aka Smashbros.com and there have been some days where i say to myself, "****...this wasnt worth staying up till 12am for." Anyone else know the feeling?
And other times when I just think, "Oh Thank god Yoshi's up B helps his air time.".
Ya know what Im saying?

There are just some of those new happenings that tick ya off and you know they could have put something more important or just even better then some of the crap they post.

this has been in the back of my mind for a while but just today did it come to be.

Hate of Love. You have your preference. Please share your distast or joyful accusations for what you think will liven up or quite possibly kill the Brawl.

Ill open this post with a few i find just so usless and how much some will make this game just that much better.

Love:
I Think its awesome that Yoshi's up B actually does some good for him in the air this time around.
The Bumper is back and will cause some damage. (It rocked in the 1st game and the bumper from Melee..just didnt do it for me.
Gooey Bomb, enough said.
Lylat Cruise and Battlefield. Nice.
New character, Pokémon Trainer. Im sorry but i just think it would be so cool to play as Charizard. Omg, awesome.
Bowser's Final Smash, no more sheats to play as Giga Bowser.

Hate:
Stickers. What the heck. That looks like its going to get really annoying... and a sticker book? "Ooooo you can save screenshots....." Please.
That your Pokemon as Pokémon Trainer have "stamina", I dont want to be forced to change character is i dont want to. Id like it better if it was like Shiek and Zelda thing.
The fact that you can only become Zero Suit Samus after Samus's Final Smash.
Stage acting. Please, just give us a straight forward stage with no perks or movements besides Battlefield (and Smashville betternot be the only flat stage).
Assist Trophys better get better.
I Hope Final Smashes will be an On/Off feature like items. Beacuse I'm scared of them getting in the way of old school just beat 'em up fighting like im Melee. I dont want to be interrupted by some big powerful attack if my friends and I dont want to. (Though they do look pretty cool. For the exception of DK's)

Well There ya go. Have at it. What do you Hate or Love about the new Smash Bros Brawl Updates???

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much agree with everything you sided with. Well put.

Edit: just saw the newest update. I'm kinda worried about how Sakurai said that the whip ledge-grab thing is not only zero suit samus exclusive. If there are other amazing recovery techniques similar that might mess up the character balance that we've been looking for (well at least me).

SBD

Smash Rookie
foxs cartoony look, his head is too big and his shoes are weird

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much agree with everything you sided with. Well put.

Edit: just saw the newest update. I'm kinda worried about how Sakurai said that the whip ledge-grab thing is not only zero suit samus exclusive. If there are other amazing recovery techniques similar that might mess up the character balance that we've been looking for (well at least me).
I'm sure he was referring to Link's hookshot and Samus' grapple beam.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Alright, well we all have been watching the new Updates for Brawl on Smash Bros. Dojo, aka Smashbros.com and there have been some days where i say to myself, "****...this wasnt worth staying up till 12am for.
BOHAHAHAHAHAHA! you think thats bad? over here in jersey, I have to stay up until 3am to see the updates. whats even worse is that I HAVE to see the updates, since I can't sleep without not knowing them. consider yourself lucky.

That your Pokemon as Pokémon Trainer have "stamina", I dont want to be forced to change character is i dont want to. Id like it better if it was like Shiek and Zelda thing.
[/QUOTE]

OHNONONONONONONONONO!!!!!! the pokemon trainer is a huge improvement over the zelda-sheik thing. with the whole zelda-shiek thing, everyone always uses the strongest character(shiek) while the weakest character gets ignored to death (zelda). the stamina thing is the real way to go. that way, you cant use the most broken/strongest character all the time, since you'll be forced to use the other pokemon, balancing things out. I have a good feeling sakurai will implement these limitations into brawl shiek as well. thank god.

SiegK

Smash Champion
OHNONONONONONONONONO!!!!!! the pokemon trainer is a huge improvement over the zelda-sheik thing. with the whole zelda-shiek thing, everyone always uses the strongest character(shiek) while the weakest character gets ignored to death (zelda). the stamina thing is the real way to go. that way, you cant use the most broken/strongest character all the time, since you'll be forced to use the other pokemon, balancing things out. I have a good feeling sakurai will implement these limitations into brawl shiek as well. thank god.
Well actually, my friend uses Zelda over Shiek, and owns. Zelda is more powerful then Shiek if you look at damage delt, but Shiek is faster and can make more combos. I still say it would be better for a full on choice to switch instead of the Stam.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
nice thread but personally i like the idea of weekday updates......... none of them are useless in any sense of the word. though i hope for a new character............. though What Is Up With This Month? since we got really unexpected and good updates so far and people are enjoying it alot.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
nice thread but personally i like the idea of weekday updates......... none of them are useless in any sense of the word. though i hope for a new character............. though What Is Up With This Month? since we got really unexpected and good updates so far and people are enjoying it alot.
Sakurai just loves us. He likes having his own little cult.

Smash Ace
good update: adventure mode/subspace emissary
bad update: standard combos/you must recover

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
Really Love: Pokemon Trainer/Subspace

Love: Everything else but Banana Peel

Slightly Dislike: Banana Peel

Hate: Well, hate is too strong of a word. I'm glad for the info regardless.

2007, standard combos were a great update, you got to learn that some characters can unleash a fury by holding down the attack button. That's cool stuff.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
The only update I can probably say I hated was the Zero Suit Samus transformation one... it just gave me a sinking feeling. Although after a while I noticed that it never said ZSS had to be played that way, so I can live with it now. It was just a stunning blow for the first few read throughs.

Aside from that, I've been a little indifferent to a few updates, but I don't complain about "boring" ones. And most of them I really like, and a few are simply wonderful. My favorite updates are probably Pokemon Trainer (looks like a real fun character, can't wait to use him!) and The Subspace Emissary (confirmed one of my biggest Brawl wishes, with tons of screenshots and even a movie to look through).

In touch with the wii

Smash Cadet
the adventure mode looks good looks like there is a story line for each character meaning there could be hours of fun in adventure mode alone

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
Really Love: Pokemon Trainer/Subspace

Love: Everything else but Banana Peel

Slightly Dislike: Banana Peel

Hate: Well, hate is too strong of a word. I'm glad for the info regardless.

2007, standard combos were a great update, you got to learn that some characters can unleash a fury by holding down the attack button. That's cool stuff.
there wee go ...we need more positive guys like u on this fourum...

Sariku

Smash Master
FREAKING EVERYONE STEALS MY THING! ( .:: ... ::. ) I brought it to these boards... and its not really Official until a mod Makes it official, but whatever...

Love -
Smash in General.

Hate -
Everyone stealing my thing.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
The only update I hated was the update we got this Friday. Because we didn't get any update at all! We had Peach for a Thursday update, then on Friday, we had nothing.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
most of the updates are great, so the sticker thing was sorta lame but if u look at the screenshot there were a few intresting characters some even from paper mario, and if the updates an item and shows the characters using it well then we got some more screenshots, so i think the only updates that suck are the music updates everything else is great cuz u at least get sumthin to look at visually

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
I guess I outta show my Hate,Love, and Neutral on every update so far.

Love
Links Special Moves-Hey! Listen! I actually like this update alot! Watch out!
Devil- Awesome japan Only game+ Placed in best Wii game = Awesome to the MAX
Pokemon Trainer- Nuff' Said
Pokemon Change-See above
Subspace Emissiary-Words cannot define how hyped I was at this update
Castle Siege- Power stone ftw
Ike-New character makes me giddy
DK's Final Smash- Booyah!
Yoshi- I <3 yoshi bonus points for Up B recovery
This world-See Subspace emmisary
Samus Final Smash-Awesome in the E3 trailer, Awesome in-game
Deoxy-I wanted him playable, but atleast he's in the game :d
Smashville-<3 AC stage means AC character! Now give me Pikmin stage Sakurai!
Bridge of Eldin
Bowsers final smash
Bowser
Assist trophies
Samurai Goroh
Wario special Moves
Zelda
Lylant Cruise
Wario-Wario is awesome ok
Pikachu Final Smash
Link Final smash
Samus
4 kinds of controls
Delfino Plaza
Cracker Launcher
Mario final Smash
Musicians.

Hate
Stickers- The idea seemed cool until I saw they reused art.
Knuckle Joe- I hate Knuckle joe for no apparent reason even in the greatest game ever
Rumble falls-Don't like IC type stages :\
Standard Combos-Your kidding..right?
Smash attacks-Almost all How to play stuff goes here :x
Banana peel
Fox's special moves
You must recover!
Moving and Shooting

Neutral
Peach-Glad she's back but not much of a fan
Tether Recovery - It's back but I don't really use it much
Franklin badge- Earthbound/Mother item! Cool and all but they're a thing called Sheild.
Pit's Final Smash-As cool as it seems it seems a little lame but still cool
Ike's Special moves- Never played FE PoR but still cool neverless
Smoke ball- Cool I guess
Pitfall- Hate the item in AC love the item in SSBB
Footstool jump-Cool technuiqe but meh
Skyworld-meh
Zamus- Whoo! Now they need Metaknights profile, stop being Modest Sakurai >:d
DK-Hurrah! DKC styled! But still adjusting to feet.
Bumper-It's great it's back but i'm not much of a fan of it.
Dr.Wright
Names
Crates and Barrels
Yoshi Island
Fox
Kirby
Pikachu
Pokeballs
Groudon
What is final Smash?-It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN
Pit's Special Moves
Pit
Gooey bomb
Mario
Link
The Basic Rules
Battlefield

you may notice the lack of Music on the list other than Musicians.
I don't want to list them as my speakers are broken :x

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
I gotta let everyone know my opinion on things, here goes:

:bigthumbu Gotta give big props to:
The music so far (as well as the people making it)
Moving while shooting
The new models for all the old favorites except Fox
Subspace Emissary
Four controllers with completely customizable controls
Names to match controls
Yoshi's third jump
Battlefield
Smashville
Delphino Plaza
Samurai Goroh, Dr. Wright, and Knuckle Joe as assists (if only Dr. Wright were a lawyer named Wright)
Toad NOT getting in
The new Pokemon (out of the pokeballs)
Smoke Ball
Franklin Badge (I think the item itself is stupid, but I just like how they included a Mother reference)
Link's, Kirby's, Mario's Pikachu's, and Samus' Final Smashes
Tether Recovery making a return

Gotta give big er... unprops to:
Stickers, first are foremost
Ike and Trainer, cool guys but just undeserving of a spot
Fox's new model
Only having to hold in A instead of tapping it to do combos
Every item other than Smoke Ball and Franklin Badge
Pit and Donkey Kong's Final Smashers
Nintendog and Devil Assist Trophies
Footstool Jump
Wario's down-B. It's just dumb
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Skyworld
Bridge of Eldrin
Rumble Falls (can I put it in twice? I really hate it)
Castle Seige

SiegK

Smash Champion
Zinc. I love your list.
And I like Fox's new look. I mean, i was guessing that they were gunno go with his Star Fox Assult model but he looks more into it this game. I Also like how his Shine actually comes from an item on his belt, thats pretty cool it shows him take it out to use it.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Why are some of you staying up so late if you know there is a the chance you will be disappointed? The update will still be there in the morning. Is there some joy in someone being able to post, "Wow, what a fun update..." and then going to bed. I'd rather get those extra hours of sleep so if the update sucks I won't be too bummed out by missing sleep for something so arbitrary.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Why are some of you staying up so late if you know there is a the chance you will be disappointed? The update will still be there in the morning. Is there some joy in someone being able to post, "Wow, what a fun update..." and then going to bed. I'd rather get those extra hours of sleep so if the update sucks I won't be too bummed out by missing sleep for something so arbitrary.
Because I'm almost always awake past 3 am anyway?

And what does this have to do with the topic of the thread?

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
I stay up til 4 or so regardless. Except now I get to ***** about how much I hated the update within 10 seconds of knowing what it is. Take THAT! Also, sleep is for the weak.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Because I'm almost always awake past 3 am anyway?

And what does this have to do with the topic of the thread?
If you read the original post about the beginning of this post, the poster mentions "staying up 'til midnight". It just seems futile to sit there waiting until wee hours of the night only to see something, not be happy about it, ***** about it in a post and then head off to bed all disappointed. Seems like a real let down to me.

I stay up til 4 or so regardless. Except now I get to ***** about how much I hated the update within 10 seconds of knowing what it is. Take THAT! Also, sleep is for the weak.
I disagree, sleep is for the comfortable.;)

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
You know what? I use a laptop, and I ALWAYS lay in my bed when I'm using it, so I went to bed hours ago dude :)

Smash Ace
After reading this, I just realized that the dawn patrol is pointless.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Love:
This week <3

Hate:
I don't actually hate any updates. At all. I just hate it when a week goes by and there was a lack of interesting updates... so I hate those collected updates as a week, not as individual updates.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Love:
ALL of the characters.

Hate:
Petey being in the game at all.
Toad not being playable.
Tom Nook not being playable.