• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl JPN Release Info ~ UPDATING NOW!!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
plz let us know of the wifi mechanics! can we change the time on player matches with friends? Much appreciated!
And what about stock? And can two people on the same Wii play with other people online? Do you have to play 4-player free-for-alls? Does everyone playing have to be friends, or can you play with a friend and his friends? How do player numbers work? Character colors?

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
No language select? Well then, I guess I'm not going to import.

After you get some more info, where can one look for an easy list of how to unlock stuff sorted by type of unlockable?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I think the next question everyone is wondering about is what are the rule limitations for online? What can/can't you do with With Friends/With Anyone mode?

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
I think the next question everyone is wondering about is what are the rule limitations for online? What can/can't you do with With Friends/With Anyone mode?
I think someone posted saying that you can play with up to 3 people on one Wii Console over Wi-Fi. I'd assume you can't play 4, because then you'd just be playing a normal battle
:laugh:

Turtlefox

Smash Cadet
I <3 you. And by the way, just leave spoiler tags off for hidden characters/stages... I'm sure people would want to know asap how to get their favourite character/whether or not their favourite character is even in. :)

Oh yeah, do you think you can add a section for Alternate Colours? That'd be great.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I think someone posted saying that you can play with up to 3 people on one Wii Console over Wi-Fi. I'd assume you can't play 4, because then you'd just be playing a normal battle
Well, how many spectators are allowed for a 4 player match?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Cmon Kiri!! Skip work, skip life, stop everything to get everything!! lol!! Good stuff dude :D

WiiRevolution1

Smash Cadet
Anyone know how to unlock
Toon Link
? I want to unlock him as fast as possible when I get it later today!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

Well, by rules I meant stuff like time or stock, 1v1 or FFA, items, stages, how all that seems to work out firsthand...but that's good to know too.

Wow... amazing job Kiri! This all valuable information!
I do have a question though on Luigi: how much did they change him? Because from what I've seen on videos it's not much at all.
Anyhow, I congratulate you on your effort! Very much appreciated.

Azura

Smash Cadet
I would like you to see if you can turn around in midair to do a standard special in the opposite direction you were facing. As far as I know, it wasn't possible in any of the demo builds.

GerarRv

Smash Rookie
I Have a little question: ¿Nothing about something Advanced Move? .

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Well, by rules I meant stuff like time or stock, 1v1 or FFA, items, stages, how all that seems to work out firsthand...but that's good to know too.
With Anyone
- Change Items on/off and frequency
- Unconfirmed: If you (both?) press start after getting one person you can do 1v1
- Each person choose a stage, randoms between the ones picked
That is all

With Friends
- Change everything including stock and stuff
- People have done 1v1
- Probably same stage selection as with anyone

Does C-stick work in SSE and Classic mode?
Will you videos of the boss fights in SSE?
Yes. I posted about that a few posts above you.

Yaiba Odoriko

Smash Rookie
I would like you to see if you can turn around in midair to do a standard special in the opposite direction you were facing. As far as I know, it wasn't possible in any of the demo builds.
Yeah, I heard from gimpyfish that is wasn't possible. Let's hope they fixed it.

Also, I have a tournament related question. (it might be kind of hard to figure out) Can you choose which match you watch in spectator mode? This way, you have proof of someone's win in an online tournament.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Thanks, Kiri!

actually, i have a very simple question that i hope you could answer for me. does Samus have the Phazon suit or not? i've heard both ways about it and i'd like to know the real answer.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I heard from gimpyfish that is wasn't possible. Let's hope they fixed it.
In one of the Japaneses in-store demo videos Koopa does a reverse firebreath in midair so it looks like it's back. (or I'm blind)

Dais

Smash Cadet
Just watched an online stock match. This was one of the things I've been wanting to know for sure since they first mentioned online. This is probably THE most important detail in the game. It was a 5 Stock match on Final Destination of all stages :) By the way FD looks freakin' sweet. Check it out (if you haven't already) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOURmsCKhVw

Meatwad

Smash Rookie
So has there been any confirmation of All Star mode returning? I know the entire roster has been unlocked, but after seeing this pic and not seeing anything else about it I've been wondering:

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
Could I request that you upload your save? My copy is going to arrive within 12 hours and I'd like to hit the ground running. PM me for an email.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
can you choose custom stages over wifi?
also,
Lucario, any impressions would be GREAT.
and, thanks for having this thread.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
can you choose custom stages over wifi?
also,
Lucario, any impressions would be GREAT.
and, thanks for having this thread.
Nope. The tab to select custom stages doesn't even appear over WiFi. No customs for both With Anyone and With Friends.

just tell me the custimization we have within wi-fi matches?
I listed them a few posts up. With Anyone only gives you item customization. With Friends gives you everything (time/stock/coin/bonus, items, everything just like VS).

M.K

Level 55
Does...does Final Destination seem smaller to anyone but me? I'm just...concerned! Also, could you give an "effectiveness" meter to determing which are the best items, or you could just state a few of your favorites!

Thanks!

BlackYoshi7

Smash Apprentice
So, you can't have stock matches in With Anyone? Is Sakurai ********? Like 95% of people play stock almost exclusively in both tournaments and for fun.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
stockless

why the hell can't u play stock matches online with anyone? are they all 2min matches? y would they do that? wats wrong with stock? i don't get it man

Top Bottom