• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Official Brawl Info Contest Thread::.

Smash Ace
Monday>character> C. ***g0t.
don't believe it's possible for a Monday?

think back: ZZZZZellllllllldaaaaaaaa.......

Tanea

Smash Ace
i say double post sub space stuff adn character
wait can i do that?
if not then sub space

crap sorry abou then sig

Wreked

Smash Lord
First day of the month, first update of the month. First update after a meh week. This has to be something good.

Monday~Game Modes~Subsbace Emissary~What happened to mario

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Okay all, sorry for the delay. This week was a bit hectic for me. But the weekend is winding down i got my 12 (yes, 12) hours of sleep last night, so that made up for the rest of my week. :grin:
I'm getting the scores now, in the meantime, Q & A time!

hey wizey, no sig.
Sigs are allowed. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop correcting people about that. It's my thread: if someone makes a mistake I'll let them know.

Friday-Character-A Captain.
If that isn't specific enough, then Olimar.
A Captain wasn't, Olimar is. When in doubt, be as specific as possible.

i say double post sub space stuff adn character
wait can i do that?
if not then sub space
You can most definately guess a double post.

Whoareyou? if you guess double update and it isnt a double update and you guess one right shouldnt you get 0 points since it wasnt a double update cuz if its not like that you could just guess double update everytime to get alot of points.
WHAT A SEGWAY!!
Hmm... that is true.0 points though is going a bit too far. You did guess it after all. In the past I have been giving two points for a correct double guess in a single post... So far no one has abused the rules, although the potential is there...Hm...that is a conundrum.
I am monitoring the way people guess. So far no one has really realized that loophole and started to abuse it. But nevertheless, it's still a loophole.
I'll open up discussions. I'm fine with leaving it the way it is and watching for people taking advantage of the loophole. However that leaves the door open for the occasional loophole abuse. So this way must be changed. Perhaps an exact guess in a double post would be worth one point if it were a single. If anyone else has any better ideas, please feel free to share. In the meantime I'll keep things the way they are and watch for people taking advantage of the system.

You know I've been meaning to change the way double posts are counted. I figure, make double post scores count the same way as triple posts, where the two highest scores count. Otherwise it'd be possible for someone who would only have received 1 point on a double post to receive 2 on a triple, even if the extra post doesn't matter.
If no one has any objections I'll start this method on the next double update.

IllidR

Smash Champion
WHAT A SEGWAY!!
Hmm... that is true.0 points though is going a bit too far. You did guess it after all. In the past I have been giving two points for a correct double guess in a single post... So far no one has abused the rules, although the potential is there...Hm...that is a conundrum.
I am monitoring the way people guess. So far no one has really realized that loophole and started to abuse it. But nevertheless, it's still a loophole.
I'll open up discussions. I'm fine with leaving it the way it is and watching for people taking advantage of the loophole. However that leaves the door open for the occasional loophole abuse. So this way must be changed. Perhaps an exact guess in a double post would be worth one point if it were a single. If anyone else has any better ideas, please feel free to share. In the meantime I'll keep things the way they are and watch for people taking advantage of the system.

You know I've been meaning to change the way double posts are counted. I figure, make double post scores count the same way as triple posts, where the two highest scores count. Otherwise it'd be possible for someone who would only have received 1 point on a double post to receive 2 on a triple, even if the extra post doesn't matter.
If no one has any objections I'll start this method on the next double update.
The one thing I do think is if you guess a double post and it's a single post you shouldn't get any points even if you get it correct. Maybe give one point for guessing double post and another point for each category you guess right?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
My guess: Character update: Ness.

People should be allowed to guess a double/triple post twice a week. It's not like we're actually winning anything so I don't really care what u do?

BTW, I'm guessing a double post. Character Update: Lucas. =p

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Personally, I say those who predict a double update should get zero if they guess one category wrong. Otherwise it's just too easy. EX: "I predict a quadruple update: music, character, game modes & items."

In the interests of fairness Who?AreYou, you should wait until after tonight's update before enforcing the rule. That's my two cents.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Personally, I say those who predict a double update should get zero if they guess one category wrong. Otherwise it's just too easy. EX: "I predict a quadruple update: music, character, game modes & items."

In the interests of fairness Who?AreYou, you should wait until after tonight's update before enforcing the rule. That's my two cents.
I'll concur with that:) It'd also make it more worth while for correctly predicting a double update

~Edit- or mabey, perhaps if they guess a double update, and are wrong, only count the FIRST of thier two guesses. Almost like a Priority thing.

example -

Double update: first priority guess ( will recive points if correct)
Second priority guess ( can only recive points if first guess was correct

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace

I'm pretty sure that if you were to guess a quadruple update, each time you get something right you get 25% the normal. So if you guesses character -> wolf, music -> metroid, game mode -> adventure mode, and stage -> mario kart and the next update were Mario Music, you would get .25 points which would round down to 0. However, if it were metroid music(.5 for correct update) AND zelda's final smash(.25 for right category) you'd get .75 points which rounds up to 1.

I think triple updates are just special because they're so rare.

M.K

Level 55
Hmm, I doubt we'd get anything over a triple update, quadruple seems wonkish.

Anyway, Monday:

Music--->Mario Universe

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
We haven't had a boss or new character in a while....

I'm guessing: Subspace Embissary: Boss

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Hm... how about:
If you guessed a double update and got a category right you get 0 points. You'd need to get the exact update in your guess and you would receive 1 point. That way, it balances out. You have twice the chance of guessing the right update, but would only receive half the points for it. It really eliminates any advantage double guessing creates.
And yes, Wiseguy, in the interest of fairness, this wont start taking effect until after this update. That way, past guesses are not effected.
Good with everyone?

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Finally an actual character. Wasn't Sheik like I guessed but it's still a point.

Tuesday > Stage > Ice Climber Theme

Top Bottom