• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Game Disc Ripping Thread: File Structure up! Stages! ATs! Roster!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
After seeing today's update... I think Andross might just be somewhere else on the list, or be an AT with a weird name we havn't considered it as.

There's still nothing to on Dojo that disproves this is all of it :( it's the 35 roster all over again. :laugh:

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
HOLD THE PHONE!

Look at today's update! Where is the Helirin? "katana" is likely Kat & Ana...but we appear to missing a significant bit of data.

Stupid Indignant...Learn to read! So yeah...Assist trophies are in sections OTHER than the explicitly labeled /assist/ section. Go figure.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Or perhaps \RSBJ01\item\heririn

I feel like an idiot. This is what I get for waking up at 7:30 I guess.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
So, are there items that "are Assist Trophies"? Has anyone found Andross or Rosalina in the item list?

EDIT: Nevermind... Andross is there... Rosalina isn't :(

The 2nd layer of cake is a lie!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
THE CAKE IS A LIE
THE CAKE IS A LIE
THE CAKE IS A LIE
THE CAKE IS A LIE
THE CAKE IS A LIE

This is creepy stuff O_O

EDIT: But seriously, there's gonna be nothing on it... right? o.o'

celebi23

Smash Cadet

;)

Ok, seriously now. It has all of the partitions for all of the VC games. The movies are in the folder shown. They take up 3.37GB. They're in the thp format. I've heard they can be played with ThpPlayer. Gonna check out for myself. Oh & I found "sound/strm/". I thought that there would be more music. BUT, still 314 files, like the single layer release :( :mad: Well, I'm off to lunch, then class, & then digging more into the disc

celebi23

Smash Cadet
Last tease, I promise. I'm gonna try & either convert & upload them or just upload the unconverted ones later tonight. WARNING *** MOTHER3 SPOLERS BELOW****

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Woot for one who already has finished the game...! Lol Po(r)key FTW, but i'd rather have
Claus as a boss instead :( Just because that battle was so meaningful.

.:Alex:.

Smash Cadet
I took a look at the stage list and was able to fill in the gaps. There appear to be no missing stages here. Stages in bold are ones I have associated or reassociated/changed:

ef_StgBattleField.pac - Battlefield
ef_StgCrayon.pac - Yoshi's Island
ef_StgDolpic.pac - Delfino Plaza
ef_StgDonkey.pac - Donkey Kong 75m
ef_StgDxBigBlue.pac - Big Blue (Melee)
ef_StgDxCorneria.pac - Corneria (Melee)
ef_StgDxGarden.pac - Jungle Japes(Melee)
ef_StgDxGreens.pac - Green Greens (Melee)
ef_StgDxOnett.pac - Onett (Melee)
ef_StgDxPStadium.pac - Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
ef_StgDxRCruise.pac - Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
ef_StgDxShrine.pac - Temple (Melee)
ef_StgDxYorster.pac - Yoshi's Island (Melee)
ef_StgDxZebes.pac - Brinstar (Melee)
ef_StgEarth.pac - Distant Planet
ef_StgEmblem.pac - Castle Siege (Roof)
ef_StgEmblem00.pac - Castle Siege (Throne Room)
ef_StgEmblem01.pac - Castle Siege (Underworld)
ef_StgFamicom.pac - Mario Bros.
ef_StgFinal.pac - Final Destination
ef_StgFzero.pac - Port Town Aero Dive
ef_StgGreenhill.pac - Green Hill Zone
ef_StgGw.pac - Flat Zone 2
ef_StgHalberd.pac - Battleship Halberd
ef_StgHomerun.pac - Homerun Contest
ef_StgIce.pac - The Summit
ef_StgJungle.pac - Rumble Falls
ef_StgKart.pac - Mario Circuit
ef_StgMadein.pac - Warioware
ef_StgMansion.pac - Luigi's Mansion
ef_StgMarioPast.pac - Mushroomy Kingdom
ef_StgMetalgear.pac - Shadow Moses Island
ef_StgNewpork.pac - New Pork City
ef_StgNorfair.pac - Norfair
ef_StgOldin.pac - Bridge of Eldin
ef_StgOrpheon.pac - Frigate Orpheon
ef_StgPalutena.pac - Skyworld
ef_StgPictchat.pac - PictoChat
ef_StgPirates.pac - Great Sea
ef_StgPlankton.pac - Electroplankton
ef_StgStadium.pac - Pokemon Stadium 2
ef_StgStageedit.pac - Stage Builder
ef_StgStarfox.pac - Lylat Cruise
ef_StgTarget.pac - Target Smash!!
ef_StgTengan.pac - Spear Pillar
ef_StgVillage.pac - Smashville
"Earth" is Distant Planet as apparently the world featured in the Pikmin games is supposed to be Earth. "Tengan" is Spear Pillar as the japanese name for Mt. Coronet is Tengan Mountain. "Pirates" is obviously the pirate ship level on the Great Sea. "Gw" is Flatzone 2 as Gw stands for Game & Watch. "Madein" is Warioware as Made in Wario is the japanese name for the Warioware series. I came to the conclusion that "Jungle" is Rumble falls, and "Donkey" is the Donkey Kong 75m stage. "Fzero" is obviously Port Town Aero Dive. Apparently R.O.B. has some sort of stage based off Gyromite, but whatever the stage is it's most likely that one.

EDIT: Corrected Yoshi's Island and Jungle Japes for Melee. Also was reminded about Mario Bros. stage. So now they are all in and correct. Note that un-DOJO confirmed stages are using their tentative names.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I think the "Famicom" stage might be the original Mario Bros stage. The one with the POW block.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Would it be possible to rip some official art? It's in the game somewhere...thanks in advance.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Yeah, I wants me some official art of (don't highlight if you don't know the roster)
Marth, Ganondorf, Game & Watch, Toon Link, Wolf, Falco, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Lucario, and R.O.B.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I took a look at the stage list and was able to fill in the gaps. There appear to be no missing stages here. Stages in bold are ones I have associated or reassociated/changed:

"Earth" is Distant Planet as apparently the world featured in the Pikmin games is supposed to be Earth. "Tengan" is Spear Pillar as the japanese name for Mt. Coronet is Tengan Mountain. "Pirates" is obviously the pirate ship level on the Great Sea. "Gw" is Flatzone 2 as Gw stands for Game & Watch. "Madein" is Warioware as Made in Wario is the japanese name for the Warioware series. I came to the conclusion that "Jungle" is Rumble falls, and "Donkey" is the Donkey Kong 75m stage. "Fzero" is obviously Port Town Aero Dive. Apparently R.O.B. has some sort of stage based off Gyromite, but whatever the stage is it's most likely that one. And finally I decided that "Garden" must be Yoshi's Island (it's a garden after all) and "Yorster" is Jungle Japes, but I don't know what that means and could be wrong. But otherwise it all fits!
Actually, I think Garden is what is used to refer Jungle Japes in Japan, so Yorster would be Melee Yoshi's Island. Famicom is most likely the name for the classic Mario Bros. level. Other than that, you are right, there are no uncompleted stages in Brawl. By contrast there were two uncompleted stages in Melee's debug menu (Ice Top and Akaneia, Test does not count since it was most likely used for debugging). However, what makes this peculiar is that there are files to seven unused characters in Brawl. Melee, which was more rushed than Brawl, has no unused character files. Why would Sakurai leave stray data on the disc, when he might of omitted all of the Pokeballs, ATs, and music for the sakes of space? Hey celebi23, have you come across anything in the dual-layer version that is not in the single-layer version?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Chronobound? Might I point out that in the list we see at the OP of this thread, not all of the items are there? That's pretty definite proof that for some reason we're not seeing all the files available. Also interesting to note is that Aroaros is listed as an item. That indicates to me that enemies are still going to rarely pop out of crates in vs. matches like they did in Melee.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
OBSERVATION!

If Yoshi's Island really is represented by the file tag Yorster...we, my friends have a SMRPG reference!

The yoshi's lived on Yo'Ster Island...now I don't know about Brawl's file coding, but I'm betting apostrophes are not allowed. What Roman character appears to look like one? The lowercase letter r...kinda. It's a stretch, but there you go!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
OBSERVATION!

If Yoshi's Island really is represented by the file tag Yorster...we, my friends have a SMRPG reference!

The yoshi's lived on Yo'Ster Island...now I don't know about Brawl's file coding, but I'm betting apostrophes are not allowed. What Roman character appears to look like one? The lowercase letter r...kinda. It's a stretch, but there you go!
Or, that's what it is called in Japan. -_- Seriously, I bet if the Forbidden 7 consisted on Geno, Ridley, Krystal, Mega Man, etc., we would have known the contents to Brawl's second layer a long time ago, because everyone would be like "hack that ****". However, since the character there are meh in the eyes of most people, there is no real urgency to find out. Evidence to support this is are people trying to find ways to suggest Geno was in the game (that BS rumor about him being cut do a diagreement with Square, that SMPRG track made with Mario Paint, and now that Yo'ster Island). Geno was never in the game.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_dixie.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_dr_mario.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_mewtwo.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_pra_mai.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_roy.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_toon_sheik.pac
\RSBJ01\effect\fighter\ef_toon_zelda.pac
Toon Sheik and Toon Zelda, LOL.

pra_mai bugs me though, can't think of anyone except Paper Mario for some reason.,,,

Dammit, Metwo almost made it :(

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Toon Sheik and Toon Zelda, LOL.

pra_mai bugs me though, can't think of anyone except Paper Mario for some reason.,,,

Dammit, Metwo almost made it :(
Pra_Mai is most likely referring to Plusle & Minun. Purai & Mainun are their Japanese names, and Pichu eerily is the only Melee character not on the list.

Also, I wish there was a way to hack those files to at least see what their Brawl models looked like. What happened to all these characters, as well as all the music, Assit Trophies, and Pokemon that were in the demoes? This mystery keeps eluding us. The second-layer has to have a use. If all (or most) of Brawl's characters, stickers, Assist Trophies, music, cut-scenes, stages, and trophies are on the first layer, what would be the second layer's purpose?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
....Did no one read my post? ... Great. So I don't have that many posts, but I'm trying to contribute. I don't think there's any more characters, but fact of the matter is, that rip we see doesn't have all the item files, therefore it stands to reason that we haven't seen all the files yet... ev en if they DO turn out to be boring, I'd like to know what they are, myself.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Rantou (VS) Stage Filenames
ef_StgBattleField.pac - BattleField
ef_StgCrayon.pac - Yoshi's Island
ef_StgDolpic.pac - Dolphino Plaza
ef_StgDonkey.pac - 75m/Classic Donkey Kong
ef_StgDxBigBlue.pac - Big Blue from Melee
ef_StgDxCorneria.pac - Corneria from Melee
ef_StgDxGarden.pac - Jungle Japes From Melee
ef_StgDxGreens.pac - Green Greens from Melee
ef_StgDxOnett.pac - Onett from Melee
ef_StgDxPStadium.pac - Pokemon Stadium from Melee
ef_StgDxRCruise.pac - Rainbow Cruise from Melee
ef_StgDxShrine.pac - Temple from Melee
ef_StgDxYorster.pac - Yoshi's Island from Melee
ef_StgDxZebes.pac - Brinstar from Melee
ef_StgEarth.pac - Distant Planet
ef_StgEmblem.pac - Castle Siege
ef_StgEmblem00.pac - Castle Siege
ef_StgEmblem01.pac - Castle Siege
ef_StgFamicom.pac - Mario Bros.
ef_StgFinal.pac - Final Destination
ef_StgFzero.pac - Port Town
ef_StgGreenhill.pac - Green Hill Zone
ef_StgGw.pac - Flat Zone 2 (Game&Watch)
ef_StgHalberd.pac - Battleship Halberd
ef_StgHomerun.pac - Homerun Contest
ef_StgIce.pac - The Summit
ef_StgJungle.pac - Rumble Falls
ef_StgKart.pac - Mario Circuit
ef_StgMadein.pac - WarioWare (Made in Wario)
ef_StgMansion.pac - Luigi's Mansion
ef_StgMarioPast.pac - Mushroomy Kingdom
ef_StgMetalgear.pac - Shadow Moses Island
ef_StgNewpork.pac - New Pork City
ef_StgNorfair.pac - Norfair
ef_StgOldin.pac - Bridge of Eldin
ef_StgOrpheon.pac - Frigate Orpheon
ef_StgPalutena.pac - Skyworld
ef_StgPictchat.pac - PictoChat
ef_StgPirates.pac - Pirate Ship
ef_StgPlankton.pac - Electroplankton Stage
ef_StgStadium.pac - Pokemon Stadium 2
ef_StgStageedit.pac - Stage Builder
ef_StgStarfox.pac - Lylat Cruise
ef_StgTarget.pac - Target Smash
ef_StgTengan.pac - Mt. Coronet
ef_StgVillage.pac - Smashville
I filled this in using my own judgement and corrections throughout the thread. (Saw someone already did it, but they had some wrong)

Top Bottom