• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/*\Official Brawl Dojo Update Thread/*\ (Updated-Brawl Secrets and No More Updates)

Rash

Smash Ace
I'd welcome back Flatzone if the stage had some changes. Like, maybe if it was bigger? Unlike some people, I have no problem with "walk-off" stages, but Flatzone was just too darn small for that kind of design.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
i agree.....
with a single smash attack you lose a life
Yeah, it'd be at least a bit better if they fixed that, and removed the falling tools....:ohwell:

And Rash, I myself, love walkoff stages...but Flatzone's just too small...and the point where you die, is too close to the edge of the visible stage..

Rash

Smash Ace
Final Destination is also a must have inclusion as well.
I don't see why. For one, Brawl will have its own signature "flat stage," and for two, there's a stage builder so you can create all the flat stages you want. If putting in FD means not putting in some other, possibly more preferable stage from Melee, then by all means, keep FD out.

People have played FD to death. Bring back the more creative stages like Great Bay, as well as counterpicks and banned stages. Since Brawl is a new game, mechanics will change and previously unliked stages may become better for both casual and competitive play.

It's okay to bring back some battlefield-like stages from past games for Brawl, but I see that as a bit pointless past maybe one or two of them (preferably Fountain of Dreams or maybe even DreamLand again) because of the inclusion of the stage-builder.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Flatzone, or an equivalent G&W stage, NEEDS to be in Brawl. All of you whiners who don't like the small size: don't play on it. Simple as that. I honestly almost never play on it myself, but I still want it in for the variety and sense of completeness. Bowser is a horribly slow and useless character in Melee that I never use, so maybe they should just leave him out of Brawl too....

Also, I'll second the calls for these stages to return (and make some recommendations of my own):

- Great Fox (this one HAS to be in)
- Fountain of Dreams and Wispy Woods
- Mute City
- Saffron City
- Classic Mushroom Kingdom from both SSB64 and SSBM (I NEED to have stages with the pipes, POW block, and "?" blocks)
- Jungle Japes from SSB64
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Great Bay

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Woohoo! Hyrule Temple back!
And probably more Melee stages as well.

Since they called the new pokémon level "Pokémon Stadium 2", I wouldn't be too surprised to see the original Pokémon Stadium return.

As for old stages, I'd personally love to see Corneria, Fountain of Dreams, Jungle Japes and/or Big Blue return, perhaps also Onett or Fourside to pay homage to Ness.

If they decide to put something from the original SSB in, here's hoping to Saffron City.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Woohoo! Hyrule Temple back!
And probably more Melee stages as well.

Since they called the new pokémon level "Pokémon Stadium 2", I wouldn't be too surprised to see the original Pokémon Stadium return.

As for old stages, I'd personally love to see Corneria, Fountain of Dreams, Jungle Japes and/or Big Blue return, perhaps also Onett or Fourside to pay homage to Ness.

If they decide to put something from the original SSB in, here's hoping to Saffron City.
Ah, the memories of being killed by Poke'Mon jumping out of that door...

And wouldn't the Brawl character models look a bit out of place in the SSB64 stages? XD

I hope that Saffron City does come back. Maybe they could re-make it for Brawl, instead of just using the SSB64 one?

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
They're probably would look out of place, but somehow I think that's cool...
Then again, I'd have no problem with a remake either, it'd be interesting to see a graphically updated model of that stage.

I always loved Final Cutter spiking oponents to their doom with Kirby ^-^ Ah, good times... back when Kirby was a god :p

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
good i see diferences on the stage
If you look closely to the stages, the brawl version seems to have a slightly slanted view of the temple. I mean its like being seen from the top instead of the side, making it look cleaner, chunkier and seemingly more 3d style.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Awesome update, awesome music. I pray in a very fanboyish manner that we get every smash 64 and Melee.

Read: VERY FANBOYISH MANNER

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
Nah. If I want to play in every stage, then I'll go back to play the respective game it belongs to. Otherwise, I'll just play Brawl with all of its new stages, a few old ones, and built ones.
but it's nice to have all the stages right

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I don't know who you guys are playing against that you complain about others constantly camping/running, but they're definitly not someone I'd like to play against. They're probably either n00bs or people that will do EVERYTHING to win. We already have plenty of those flat platform stages in Brawl, so Hyrule Temple is great for some variety. Better to have this as a past stage than Final Destination. Final Destination is easily remade in the stage builder, and the Hyrule Temple stage has an amazing texture set for the stage builder.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
how about a new peach' castle
in melee peach' castle was on the ground.....
as most of us know in mario galaxy a U.F.O came and pulled peach's castle from the ground
to space.....so the new peach's castle should be flying in space

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
i dont think that sakurai said that theyre updated... but thats a pretty good idea princess peach 777

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
the music they played for it was way better than the melee music which was that chorus over and over...

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Oh yeah, Hyrule Temple. Hope this confirms Brinstar Depths too. Anyone who says that that stage wasn't good, I will kick their dog.
Seconded. For some reason, a lot of people I know don't like Brinstar Depths. Sure, it's definitely not a tourney stage, but for parties it is a ton of fun!

I hope they bring back Hyrule Castle from Smash 64 - that stage was awesome.

~Old Man Nintendo

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I'd rather have them put in active stages like the Mute City stage instead of these non moving stages. You can always make those stages in the stage builder. As much as I like Hyrule castle from N64, I'd rather see Brinstar Depts. The lava played a major role in that stage, and is not to be remade.(at least not moving lava) But the tornado didn't play such a big role at all, and was a mere nuisance in my eyes.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
Seconded. For some reason, a lot of people I know don't like Brinstar Depths. Sure, it's definitely not a tourney stage, but for parties it is a ton of fun!

I hope they bring back Hyrule Castle from Smash 64 - that stage was awesome.

~Old Man Nintendo
no please no more zelda stage's

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I also want Hyrule Castle to return. With Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, I was a little miffed that they didn't include this stage.

In Brawl, there should be 3 stages from SSB and 3 from Melee.

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
I'd rather have them put in active stages like the Mute City stage instead of these non moving stages. You can always make those stages in the stage builder. As much as I like Hyrule castle from N64, I'd rather see Brinstar Depts. The lava played a major role in that stage, and is not to be remade.(at least not moving lava) But the tornado didn't play such a big role at all, and was a mere nuisance in my eyes.
Um, I think you're referring to regular Brinstar. Brinstar Depths is the one with Kraid in the background.

bluffmaster

Smash Cadet
Next to my mailbox waiting for my pre-ordered Braw
I dunno if im making an uproar outta nothing but here goes:

has anyone noticed that blue thing? Could it be meta knight or Ike or Sonic??!?!? I mean there's no blue thing in the overview of the hyrule stage:

and since there's only 3 characters that we can see in the photo, (DK, King DDD, and Bowser) that's gotta be a character of some sort. It's pretty small compared to Dk, the king and bowser. Maybe its Geno? =/

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
^^^ It's Ike, you can realize for the cape and the sword, if you zoom the image you'll see more clearly

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
omg if im right, i wil be so happy
the first time you saw bowser he could shoot flames out of his mouth, that was his power
but in melee he could just spew something at close distance

but in the latest pic it seems he can shoot flames, hopefully im right

and i hope that besides melee levels they will bring oldskoolw 64 levels back to

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
the first time you saw bowser he could shoot flames out of his mouth, that was his power

and i hope that besides melee levels they will bring oldskoolw 64 levels back to
Oh, i see that, mabe if you press it over and over really fast you may be able to spew them like in the original mario games. :):):):):)

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira

Nope, you're wrong again. That gap is a character getting hit by the flames.:laugh:

Top Bottom