• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bowser Thread! Confirmed!!

blackaneseboy07

Smash Rookie
but do you think that they are going to get rid of all the clones?

its still hard for me to believe that you can take characters out of a sequel

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
most clones will either get a major makeover like stated before, or they will be integrated together with their base character. I mean, look at mario in the trailer. he does a fair and it knocks them upwards without them bouncing, but at the end of the animation his fist glows similar to what meteor smashes do in melee. Looks like possible integration to me. You could always have alternate costumes as opposed to palette swaps

JPW

Smash Ace
lately he seems to of been adding a new character every week. He's probably building up an intro movie for E3.

Anyway I like what he says about Bowser, I might actually use him this time round.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Whatever the reason, the updates have been gettingbetter and better, on average.

Personaly, I think this is the best version of Bowser I've seen. Ever. For the first time I think he really looks like what he is: a monsterous turtle.
The way his legs are more trunk-like, the way his claws are broader, the way he seems almost... squishy (if you've ever seen a snapping turtle, then you'll know that's the only way to describe it). The way his weight is set in his belly and the way his shell now rests mostly on his shoulders. The way that evil grin now built into his face...
What more can I say? This is perfect. This is Bowser.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Bowser looks nice. I'd be surprised if his moves get a complete overhaul, seeing how unique they were in Melee, but some stat changes for the old turtle wouldn't go amiss.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
Like the updated look. Hopefully Bowser can get his own stage now. But, if his character has been improved, it's all good.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
He looks so vile! Bowser's graphical update is just incredible. Just look at those teeth! So rotten and sharp and menacing... A job well done, Nintendo.

So... Peach tomorrow? Please?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
NO! Donkey Kong tomorrow please! I was already pissed to have Zelda confrimed before DK, but now it's REALLY time we're gonna see him. All other major franchises are safe now that the F.Zero emblem is also shown after the Samurai Goroh AT update but we still don't know about 2 classic SSB franchises; the rather obscure Earthbound/Mother franchise and the DONKEY ****ING KONG franchise! I demand a DK logo! >_<;

Bowser still looks cool though.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
ohhh, chex out dem grafix!! that is frikin sweetness, right there. it really depicts him well, maybe better than melee. he seems likes hes been ruffled a little, as to give that maniacal touch to him. hoo-freakin'-yeah! but diddy kongs right, I wanna friggin see earthbound! ness ftw
and imagine what giga bowser would look like...

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I almost crapped myself when I saw this picture of bowser. I refreshed the page expecting an update soon, and I see Bowser's name. I had a slight hesitance, wondering how much different he is going to look and how they could possibly make him scarier... they did.

And to think I just defeated Bowser on Mario Party 8 not too long ago. Why can't Bowser ALWAYS look like this?

Yeah, Bowser looks messed up. In a good way,though. Not as a demon-like as Melle Bowser,but not as cutesy as normal Bowser,this one just looks ****ed up. I mean,the middle of his nose looks like it was cut up and disproportioned!

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
^_^ I'm gonna put in all on the line and say that this was the best update so far. I absolutely adore Bowser in Melee(even though he sucks, he's one of my secondaries) and this has made me soooooo happy.

Just confirm my IC, GaW and Ness, please.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Man, I just love his new look! This really gives me hope, concerning the look-changes of the other characters. I mean Zelda was a given, they couldn't really make her look different from TP. But Bowser! MAN! I really get the feeling he wanna kill me from that look!

EDIT: Btw, I was just thinking that maybe Giga-bowser could be his Final Smash.
Alright I don't know how likely that is, but it definitely is a possibility!

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Yes! Bowser finally looks like a beast!

...alright, he did in Melee too, but he's a giant turtle, his skin wouldn't be smooth and shiny, kinda like it was in Melee. It would be scaly and rough, and probably a little filthy. SSBB Bowser FTW.

Maybe he won't suck so hard this time around. I'm liking the "new flavor" that Sakurai talked about.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who is sad about the removal of Bowser's cuteness?!
I think this is going to be the only game in the history of Nintendo where Bowser is a literal monster, I dunno, but this new Bowser just frightens me.
I don't know, I still think he's kinda cute, hehe :) But of course, I am crazy.

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
I really liked bowser in melee. I used him loads until I discovered WDing and then I just found him too difficult to use for it.
If wave dashing isnt in brawl I think he will be an awesome character and I might even go back to him.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
^_^ I'm gonna put in all on the line and say that this was the best update so far. I absolutely adore Bowser in Melee(even though he sucks, he's one of my secondaries) and this has made me soooooo happy.

Just confirm my IC, GaW and Ness, please.
Expect Ness to be confirmed soon enough, and IC as well--if they're returning. I'd like them to, but who knows at this point?

I wouldn't expect G&W to be confirmed anytime soon, though, should he return. Seeing as he was the last secret character unlocked in Melee, I doubt he would be playable right off the bat in Brawl.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
I really like this Bowser. His coloring is more like in the Mario games than in Melee. And they changed his appearence to make him look like he's from the games without taking away that new Brawl feel.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
oh yes my main has been confirmed, best update ever!

bowser looks incredibly evil, i love the new look. and his attacks look great in the new graphics. plus this new flavor he talks about, i wonder if he means the tier list is being removed? well whatever, i'm still gonna play as my mains, but YAY BOWSER!!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
WOW! Best update, but we all knew it would be. Bowser looks like he has real weight to him and his shell spikes look crazy. He seriously looks like he cannot be moved.

Why Bowser before DK?

Well I have this crazy idea. Maybe Sakurai is just showing the characters that are returning from Melee (and have only been in Melee). Zelda was first then Bowser.

So now we have (technically) Dr. Mario, Princess Peach, Gannondorf, Falco, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Sheik, G&W, Roy, Marth, Pichu, and Mewtwo (did I miss anyone) to be shown.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
To be honest, I wasn't for or against him returning, I'm neutral on the subject because I don't care much for him.

Although, the way Sakurai says it, it seems like he knows that Bowser sucked more than vacuums could possibly dream to, and that is encouraging.
It also suggests his actual moveset got revamped, especially since his DownB was literally the same move as Yoshi's and his came first. It needs to be said because it doesn't look like Zelda's moves are different, so it can go either way for anyone that doesn't suggest new moves.

I also much enjoy seeing his eyes when he is inside his shell, it gives much more character and flavor to the moves and the character as a whole.

Overall, a pretty good update..

EDIT: does, not doesn't.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Best. Update. EVER!!! :chuckle: And is it me, or has Bowser been taking Steroids? He looks much bigger...

Now, if they can just confirm Yoshi/Ridley/Dark Samus...

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that liked bowsers more streamlined physique and darker tone in melee?

next update tho:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Diddy Kong, Like Caael kinda said they're not showing DK just yet because he was in the first series. If I think whats going to happen next is right. They're going to return two more characters from the second series before July 10-13, which is E3. They probably want four characters in the start just like they did with Mario, Pikachu, Link, and Kirby. Only this time its Zelda, Bowser, uncomfirmed, and uncomfirmed.

That means don't expect to see Luigi, CF, JP, Ness, DK, or Yoshi for a while.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Notice the pattern: A veteran every week. Expect Yoshi, DK, JP or C. Falcon tomorrow.
Almost.

May 21-25
23: Mario, Link
25: Pit

May 28-June 1
No characters.

June 4-8
7: Kirby, Pikachu

June 11-15
11: Fox
15: Samus

June 18-22
20: Wario

June 25-29
25: Zelda

July 2-6
3: Bowser

We've been averaging one character per week, give or take a few exceptions, all of which have been returning characters.

Tradition says that Jiggs will be unlockable, so don't expect confirmation for a while. Yoshi, DK, Peach, CF, Ness and IC are all still possible for this week, but I'm doubtful. The only weeks that we have received multiple character bios are those that feature original Smashers: characters from SSB64. Bowser is from Melee; therefore, given the observed pattern, it is less than likely that a new character will be revealed this week. More likely is a new AT revelation, new Special Moves or a new Final Smash.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Anyone else think Bowser is channeling a little bit of Palpatine/pedosmile with that grin?

Weird.

At any rate, the update was pretty ****ed cool. I wish we knew what the actual attacks were instead of speculating but I'm more than happy to see him in Brawl.

His hair looks kinda goofy though.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I have to ask a question.

In the second Bowser pic you have up, you can clearly see the flag of the supposed Fire Emblem stage.

This has been bothering me since May of last year, but,

With such a stunning close up of the flag, is that Marth's emblem?

no, his is a sword.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I understand they're making Bowser better, but do you really think he'll be balanced to top tier material? I mean, Sakurai obviously understands characters need to be balanced, but I don't see him making the weakest characters capable of standing their own against Fox. Maybe he realizes that there needs to be a variance of good and bad characters.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
But I don't think that "variance of good and bad" equates to "balance" in Sakurai's eyes. I think that he is more interested in evening out the playing field, giving all characters a relatively fair chance at being used.

Top Bottom