• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
thats one

stb, atleast forrest and omar insist that halo 3 is a much,much better game
in my own opinion playing both games i dont understand,at all, how you can say that
Well...

Omar is very good at Halo, and he's been a hardcore fan of it since Halo 1.

The other STB guys might just be following in his footsteps.

Wait, did Forrest say this recently? When did you last hang with the guy?

fark

Smash Apprentice
nail in the coffin tai. thats exactly what i was thinking. but seriously halo is weak when it comes to cod4
it may be popular but thats all its got

ya he said it recently. tcb thought we'd stop by stbs in months and he was there that night

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Pokey, what's your reasoning behind choosing CoD4 over Halo 3? I've play both.

Is it more fun, just plain and simple? Or is there something else to it?
---
Tommy, get a DS so we can play Pokemon. I'll show you my endless hours of breeding!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm not sure how long it will take for me to get a new DS. I think I'll get a used DS Phat because lites are dumb, and they are also probably cheaper used anyway.

fark

Smash Apprentice
Pokey, what's your reasoning behind choosing CoD4 over Halo 3? I've play both.

Is it more fun, just plain and simple? Or is there something else to it?
---
Tommy, get a DS so we can play Pokemon. I'll show you my endless hours of breeding!
its more fun, leveling up, prestige(even thou i dont do it),the challenges,getting new guns,finding guns that fit you instead of running around the level picking up guns,SPRINTING,knifing,choosing classes,it goes on.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220265

OMFG

Some crazy **** went down at COT4.

Apparently, the venue closed before the tourney was over (20-30 people were still in the bracket)

And like, a lot of people said that there was a 100-man riot, and security/cops got called in. Some reported broken windows at the venue, and like, apparently Chibo is hiding from the mobs right now. He has everyone's money.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Halo and CoD4 are both good games. More people play Halo than CoD4 online, and that's the selling point for me. Omar is a big Halo fan, but that is not his favorite game. He plays more XBox games than anyone I know, and he seems really objective about his decisions. I know he likes both, but Halo is his game of preference.

Also, Halo's only selling point is not that it's more popular. There's a mix of competitive merit and popularity. You can play it for fun or if you get really into it, there are lots of things that cater to competitive gamers. People who say that Halo 3 is not skill based are misinformed and usually biased in the first place.

If you wanted to play a game solely for its competitive merit and balance, I suggest you play Shadowrun over CoD4 and even Halo. It's perhaps the most competitively oriented fps along with the counter strike pre Source. Although source is still really good.

The balance that Halo holds is critical, imo, as CoD4 is too campy and although Shadowrun is very good for competition, its lack of a selling point has unfortunately made it a less than a popular game--in fact, Gamestop/EB Games is selling it for 10 dollars until the 15, I think. You can be as competitively oriented and balanced as possible, but it doesn't mean it's going to get much attention.

Edit:

its more fun, leveling up, prestige(even thou i dont do it),the challenges,getting new guns,finding guns that fit you instead of running around the level picking up guns,SPRINTING,knifing,choosing classes,it goes on.
You can level up in Halo too. Up to 50. CoD4 is to like 55, so not much difference there. And finding guns is moot as I think you start out with the most useful/versatile weapon already. Although the option to start out with your gun of choice is pretty nifty.

The point of having to pick up weapons, especially power weapons and powerups, promotes strategy, teamwork, and competition, as both teams are striving to control critical weapons and map positions. Establishing and maintaining, and breaking other teams' setups takes much teamwork and skill as choosing your favorite weapon and perfecting its use.

fark

Smash Apprentice
Halo and CoD4 are both good games. More people play Halo than CoD4 online, and that's the selling point for me. Omar is a big Halo fan, but that is not his favorite game. He plays more XBox games than anyone I know, and he seems really objective about his decisions. I know he likes both, but Halo is his game of preference.

Also, Halo's only selling point is not that it's more popular. There's a mix of competitive merit and popularity. You can play it for fun or if you get really into it, there are lots of things that cater to competitive gamers. People who say that Halo 3 is not skill based are misinformed and usually biased in the first place.

If you wanted to play a game solely for its competitive merit and balance, I suggest you play Shadowrun over CoD4 and even Halo. It's perhaps the most competitively oriented fps along with the counter strike pre Source. Although source is still really good.

The balance that Halo holds is critical, imo, as CoD4 is too campy and although Shadowrun is very good for competition, its lack of a selling point has unfortunately made it a less than a popular game--in fact, Gamestop/EB Games is selling it for 10 dollars until the 15, I think. You can be as competitively oriented and balanced as possible, but it doesn't mean it's going to get much attention.

Edit:

You can level up in Halo too. Up to 50. CoD4 is to like 55, so not much difference there. And finding guns is moot as I think you start out with the most useful/versatile weapon already. Although the option to start out with your gun of choice is pretty nifty.

The point of having to pick up weapons, especially power weapons and powerups, promotes strategy, teamwork, and competition, as both teams are striving to control critical weapons and map positions. Establishing and maintaining, and breaking other teams' setups takes much teamwork and skill as choosing your favorite weapon and perfecting its use.
too lazy to read this so i skimmed but its more like level 550
you prestige 10 time i think? could be worng and there was a point where cod was more played than halo, so much so that microsoft paid who ever to say it was halo

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
too lazy to read this so i skimmed but its more like level 550
you prestige 10 time i think? could be worng and there was a point where cod was more played than halo, so much so that microsoft paid who ever to say it was halo
CoD4 is a very popular game, and I think it has sold more than Halo, I think. I could be wrong, but I know Halo is not xbox's best selling game.

but I think this is a good synopsis of my previous post:

martyrdom is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

-TroLL-

Smash Rookie
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220265

OMFG

Some crazy **** went down at COT4.

Apparently, the venue closed before the tourney was over (20-30 people were still in the bracket)

And like, a lot of people said that there was a 100-man riot, and security/cops got called in. Some reported broken windows at the venue, and like, apparently Chibo is hiding from the mobs right now. He has everyone's money.
that's what happens when you play brawl, amirite? lololol

fark

Smash Apprentice
oh it is very much very very much
but one thing to make it more challenging
even more gay though is juggernaut, thats about the only problem i have with the game

fark

Smash Apprentice
ya thats cool too
every time i try it i die though haha it worked like only once

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Yeah, you can just toss martyrdom grenades away or clear the blast zone. What's more annoying is last stand in hardcore mode.

And the helicopter... GG slippery slope. It's not like it's hard to take down but then you aren't paying attention to the enemy. Plus it's a huge bonus considering that, in order to obtain it, someone on the other team just got 7 kills.

COD4 is buckets of fun though :)

fark

Smash Apprentice
true but when you kill someone from a far and run past them without hearing the dropping sound its annoying to die from it

i find it funny that when a lesser rank beats a prestige they quit almost instantly
i love doing that to fools. i cant wait till cod 6 or i should say modern warfare 2

fark

Smash Apprentice
not terrible but WWIIs and other wars turn me off, way way out played after medal of honor
although ive never played it online. the dogs sound fun

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
TOASTYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

I'll suck a d*ck for him, i'll take his kids for him.

TOASTYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take a bullet for him, I'll grow a mullet for him.

The maXXXpower <3's Toasty Song

Edit:

ROB's powersex cells don't run on free, Tai--if anything, they run on love. Or brown magic.
so...

this post is pretty much amazing.

<3

Tai...G-mo speaks all kinds of wisdom ^_^

HOWEVER...if I ever attend a tourney that you host, you WILL get free nachos...as will your TO staff.

it's kind of my tradition [ex: whenever I go to Chu's biweeklies, H2YL ALWAYS gets free nachos]

there are exceptions to that rule, though...both whom I DO give them to and whom I DON'T give them to [free nachos, I mean]

They ARE for sale at Genesis, though!!!

http://www.norcalsmash.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=65

check out who's preordered already ^_^

Zakuro

Smash Rookie
Sup guys....

Anyone live near Prescott?

I'm going to hit up Genesis in cali in july and I need to play some good people to get my skill up to speed

Anyone?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Only Butters and Hanki live there, and they're long retired.

You're ****ed unless you want to drive down here on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.

Closest Smashers to you are rugoodat and myself.

If you want to play someone better, you'd have to go down another like, 40 minutes.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Earlier, my friends were talking about these three kids that went to their middle school. Their names were John, John, and John. Apparently, they were whiny kids that would always tell on other kids. They even used the term "Johns" when they were talking about them.

I was laughing hysterically.

Top Bottom