• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
@DastrnMarco: The smashfest will be held today at Ka's house which is located at 55th ave. and Cactus. It starts at 7 PM, but we'll probably be there for a while.

Call/text me 623.313.4364 if you need directions.

Is that in glendale?

I might not make it at all. I just got back from an 11 hour day of observations for my hopefully-new job, and I have jiu jitsu tonight at megatons. I'm hoping to come by for an hour or so if I'm not too worn out, but no guarantees.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Is that in glendale?

I might not make it at all. I just got back from an 11 hour day of observations for my hopefully-new job, and I have jiu jitsu tonight at megatons. I'm hoping to come by for an hour or so if I'm not too worn out, but no guarantees.
Well, if you're unable to make it to Ka's house today (?) then you can just go to STB's bi-weekly tourney this Saturday at the aforementioned address (the one on Orangewood).

P.s.
Vat-zero's house is very very very hot. Dress accordingly.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Im thinking like random-goops tourney size 25-40 people would be good but i'd be happy with 25+ really.

So I just need to figure out a date, im thinking the 16th is going to be better to give people more of a heads up. That avoids the atomic comics tourneys and the bi-weekly.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Aiming for 25... so, in other words, as long as you have a better turnout than MAST.

Lolz.

Melee friendlies allowed?

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, no problem with that. Get some phoenix buddies to come down as well. If there is a good amount of people I'll see if we can get them going more often.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
well, I couldn't make it. I apologize if anyone spent a lot of energy trying to throw something together on my account. I had every intention of finding time to make it work, but too many things kept me busy this week. I honestly had no idea that they were planning on keeping me this busy for 4.5 straight days.

I'm starting a new job for Arcadia Therapy here in Phoenix. My official job title is Animator, which is not what it sounds. I'll basically be responsible for taking every program that Arcadia does and making it better. Basically, I'm a cross between an efficiency supervisor and an idea man.

Originally I wasn't planning on coming out until January, but now it's looking like I might actually move here in September or October sometime. If that happens, I'll start hosting tourneys in the valley this fall.

Again, sorry if my lack of appearance bothered anyone at all tonight!

In2D

Smash Apprentice
So if I could get some input on this tourney, that would be great. I need to know when to plan it for.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yeah, no problem with that. Get some phoenix buddies to come down as well. If there is a good amount of people I'll see if we can get them going more often.
Sweet. There's a good chance I'll be there.

If I'm there, I can help you guys run the tourney. I helped STB run their last bi-weekly since I don't play the game, so it gave me something to do while I was waiting for Melee friendlies.. Besides, it makes me feel helpful.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I can for sure go if it's 9th or 23rd, though the 16th I'm not positive because my mom is at a conference so my dad would have to drag along my brother and sister for the drive. :\

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I can make the 9th. If there are melee friendlies I'll be there for sure and I'll try to get Jujumasta to come along. Do you think if there's enough time we can run a small Melee side tourney?

Edit:You should post this tourney on AIB when the date is confirmed more people might come.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
I decided on the 16th, little over 3 weeks for people to make time to come to tucson and play.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ATTENTION AZ:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183624

Read posts by BrawlChamp14

I mean, Jesus tap-dancing Christ, bro. You're probably not even the best Falco in AZ, let alone the best Falco in the country. What the **** compelled you to say that you're the best Falco in the nation?

<leaves comments open for other people>

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Of course its gonna be in tucson, its about time that tucson has a tourney, and I better see all you phoenix people here.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Double post... I can think of 3 Falcos who are better than richo just here in Tucson.

ABIDE

Smash Apprentice
Alright so 09K is thinking about holding a tourney on the 16th of August, we want it to be a major one, as in all of phoenix comes down as well.

Thinking a double and singles tourney with 10 dollar entrance for each. Kinda something like random tourney was.

However, i want to make sure that the 16th works for all you phoenix people so we get a good turn out. Atomic comics is on the first 2 saturdays of the month right?

I don't feel like hosting a tourney and only having 20 people show up just from tucson. This needs to be big! And if it is, we'll host them once ever month or so.

Let me know what works, we're thinking either the 9th or the 16th, or even the 23rd if we have to.
I think the atomic comic tournaments are delayed a week in august. The doubles is on the 9th and the singles is on the 16th.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I thought Matt said only singles are going to be delayed since they were having the the other thing on the 9th.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
The Sex Train Banditos are proud to announce a new member to the crew. Andrew Tai Vo: on the grounds of "it's about **** time." Congratulations.

As you were, AZ.

Yoko the wolf

Smash Cadet
Tai in STB? Well at least I'm not the youngest any more. That was about all I had though. Congrats Tai. It takes greatness to be accepted as a part of the Train.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
He was the only one that could almost beat light... does that mean all the others could beat him?

Top Bottom