• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official " Ask Dark.Pch for video advice" Thread. Inspired by Cort

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Allin:

You pretty have the same problems as Gary did. so I'm gonna give you the same advice as I did to him.

I dont see you dash dance or even wavedash. You just rush in. You cant just do that. you have to confuse your opponents. you make yourself easy to read.

Dont FC at a distance coming to your enemy. you make yourself obvious and open for a hit.

Jab more. Use jabs when close to your enemy when you need to do something fast. it also stops them dead in thier tracks.

Basic Peach combo, turnip to FC Fair. You can also FC to N-air after you throw it. Or mindgame the person and land and grab them quickly. If they block your F-air, if you spaced it well, you can abuse the shield stun and grab them. here is a list of what you can do

FC > Fair

FC > Nair

FC > Dair > Nair.

FC > Dair > Uair.

FC > Dair >Fair. Its hard to pull off you have to time it

now if they shield.......

FC >Nair > Dsmash

FC > Dair > Dsmash

FC > Nair > Grab

FC > Dair > Nair > Grab

FC > Dair > Nair > Dsmash (eats I belive half of thier shield if they block it all. the Downsmash might hit though.)

You can also jab to a grab or jab to a Dsmash after these FC combos. You can do half of the combo and Jab to grab or Dsmash. Mix it up to keep your enemy guess. these can work with turnips too

FC>Fair>turnip> Jab or grab or Dsmash

Dont throw the turnip in the air. after you FC>Fair, fast fall and throw it. then follow up whith what ever you feel is best like a jab, grab, dsmash etc. but mix it up. Dont always do the same thing. that way they wont know what to expect. And then when you do something, it will most likey work cause the player cant really guuess what you will do unless they get lucky with a guess.

You can practice these combos in training mode. But some of them wont work if you dont space yourself when you do them. Spaceing is very important. it makes it harder for people to punish you out of the shield or in general. Even if you make a mistake.

If you ever fight a Marth be very careful with your FC. Marths air game is better that yours and his sword can shot you down easy. Wait till he throws an attack or grab. then follow up with some FC tech if in the air and be fast about it. if not dash attack or grab. mixed it up. thats important. Marths will expect dash attacks. so play it smart and dont give them what they think will happen.

also when you get better with the FC stuff I said you can do, you can mix it with the pillar. ( If you know what that is) If you dont know then look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIG6_zRQfc

XIF does it to this luigi alot. You can also do it to pressure thier shield. Jab-Nair-Jab-Nair ~~~. You have to be fast. it takes practice. thats something advance though.

To pillar well you need to have decent or perfect control of FC. I say learn that list of things I gave you first.Bug out in training mode with it. Feel confortable with it. To a point is second Nature. You can do some of it out the shield too.

You can mix and match the list too. some things I said to last you can do first. and vise versa. just play around and make up your own bag of trick. thats where the mindgames come in. then once you got the hang of it own your friends with it. Bet they will come on smashboards and make a thread asking how to beat Peach Once you have it down pakced you already have control over Peach

you can also jab to Dtilt. You have to space your Jab though. You can do it after a FC> Fair if you space it and they block. The Dtilt has more range then Dsmash. and it can stab the sheild. And it leads to combos. Great move to use so try it sometimes. The move is not as fast as the Dsmash so space yourself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shakugan: I pretty much told you what I could with sheik before. Your problem is you keep rushing at people. Stop doing that and pay more attention to what you are doing. Also use that turnip edgeguard against sheik. Jump and throw it in the other direction. to grab the edge. I told you about this at pound when you fought marth. You rushing Marth is the worst thing you can do. And the same goes for the samus fights. you wanna be all agressive and not pay no mind to what is going on. Thats what happen on your first stock with samus. Got ended quick. You just attack and hoping your attack will land. it dont work that way. game is about skills not luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The general-

First match:

Pretty solid Peach you have there. Against fox let him come to you. Dont rush him so much. He is faster than you. FC>grab combos work well against fox. Pressure the sheild with Miptiple Dairs to grabs or Dsmashes. When I fight Fox, its all about a grab game. I mindgame to grabs. Cause Grabs own fox really bad. so work on that. Also Jab combos do well against Fox as well. But nice fight

Second fight:

Not bad. Just like Fox, Let him come to you. And Pay attention to when Falcon spaces his moves. you wont be able to get a grab or Dsmash. You can maybe attack out of the sheild in some cases.

You can DI The first hit of the Nair and the second hit wont get you. You have to DI up on the first hit so the second cant touch you.

I fight Fox and Falcon the same. Bait attacks to grabs, and pressure thier sheild. But at the same time I play fast to through them off.

If you expect a Knee to come in, DI straight up. tha will help you live longer.

Your other 2 vids I'll do them 2morrow morning.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
how's my peach?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIh8tghm7j8

I have other vids coming ;)

edit: its not my best :)
0:12: instead of another back air, you could have N-aired him. You would of hit him

You roll....alot. Cut that rolling down. Attack out of the sheild. N-airs and B-airs. You need to FC more (Float Cancel).

Dont downtilt at High Damage. That takes your enemy out of your range and you cant follow up. Only characters you can do that move at high damage is on fast fallers.

Here are some FC combos I want you to try.

FC > Fair

FC > Nair

FC > Dair > Nair.

FC > Dair > Uair.

FC > Dair >Fair. Its hard to pull off you have to time it

now if they shield.......

FC >Nair > Dsmash

FC > Dair > Dsmash

FC > Nair > Grab

FC > Dair > Nair > Grab

FC > Dair > Nair > Dsmash (eats I belive half of thier shield if they block it all. the Downsmash might hit though.)

You can also jab to a grab or jab to a Dsmash after these FC combos. You can do half of the combo and Jab to grab or Dsmash. Mix it up to keep your enemy guess. these can work with turnips too

FC>Fair>turnip> Jab or grab or Dsmash

Dont use your second jump so early, save it. You never know when you might just make it back wiout using it. Also if one comes at you, you can use your second jump to escape from thier range.

kafke

Smash Apprentice
:) thanks for the tips but, what do you mean attack out of shield? What I thought was to release shield and then attack but, I always result in a shield grab...

Any ways, here is my next vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M79b7bGR5Q0

my bro is the kirby(both times)

i lose :(

Edit: I forgot to mention this is also before your tips, I'm just trying to get them up :)

Your tips kind of helped but, I lost a bit more. I tried rolling less but, when I didn't roll I got nailed T.T I think that was my only prob. So, what do I do instead of rolling?

Edit2: Since I've tried your tips I lost every match but 1 T.T what am I doing wrong? I'll get a vid up in a bit.

Edit3: XD here is my third vid (also before your advice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEdffBKIcw4
its a bit quiet. Oh and forget Edit 2, I had a suger rush from Sour patch kids XD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
:) thanks for the tips but, what do you mean attack out of shield? What I thought was to release shield and then attack but, I always result in a shield grab...

Any ways, here is my next vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M79b7bGR5Q0

my bro is the kirby(both times)

i lose :(

Edit: I forgot to mention this is also before your tips, I'm just trying to get them up :)

Your tips kind of helped but, I lost a bit more. I tried rolling less but, when I didn't roll I got nailed T.T I think that was my only prob. So, what do I do instead of rolling?

Edit2: Since I've tried your tips I lost every match but 1 T.T what am I doing wrong? I'll get a vid up in a bit.

Edit3: XD here is my third vid (also before your advice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEdffBKIcw4
its a bit quiet. Oh and forget Edit 2, I had a suger rush from Sour patch kids XD
Edit 1: Attack out of the sheild. When you shield, dont let go of it. Just jump while you hold it and do an air attack.

Edit 2: Its cause your not use to it yet. its gonna take some time. That is expected so dont worry about it.

Edit 3: Same as the other 2 videos. When you roll away, you mess up chances to get a free hit. Sh when they attack your shield, dont roll, attack out of it. its a free hit or grab.

I dont see you dash dance or even wavedash. You just rush in. You cant just do that. you have to confuse your opponents. you make yourself easy to read.

Jab more. Use jabs when close to your enemy when you need to do something fast. it also stops them dead in thier tracks.

Start to Float cancel with Peach. it makes her facter and cuts off lag time in air attacks.

Dont always throw the turnip in the air then Fair. after you FC>Fair, fast fall and throw it. then follow up whith what ever you feel is best like a jab, grab, dsmash etc. but mix it up. Dont always do the same thing. that way they wont know what to expect. And then when you do something, it will most likey work cause the player cant really guuess what you will do unless they get lucky with a guess.

You can practice these combos in training mode. But some of them wont work if you dont space yourself when you do them. Spaceing is very important. it makes it harder for people to punish you out of the shield or in general. Even if you make a mistake.

If you ever fight a Marth be very careful with your FC. Marths air game is better that yours and his sword can shot you down easy. Wait till he throws an attack or grab. then follow up with some FC tech if in the air and be fast about it. if not dash attack or grab. mixed it up. thats important. Marths will expect dash attacks. so play it smart and dont give them what they think will happen.

also when you get better with the FC stuff I said you can do, you can mix it with the pillar. ( If you know what that is) If you dont know then look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIG6_zRQfc

XIF does it to this luigi alot. You can also do it to pressure thier shield. Jab-Nair-Jab-Nair ~~~. You have to be fast. it takes practice. thats something advance though.

To pillar well you need to have decent or perfect control of FC. I say learn that list of things I gave you first.Bug out in training mode with it. Feel confortable with it. To a point is second Nature. You can do some of it out the shield too.

You can mix and match the list too. some things I said to last you can do first. and vise versa. just play around and make up your own bag of trick. thats where the mindgames come in. then once you got the hang of it own your friends with it. Bet they will come on smashboards and make a thread asking how to beat Peach Once you have it down pakced you already have control over Peach

you can also jab to Dtilt. You have to space your Jab though. You can do it after a FC> Fair if you space it and they block. The Dtilt has more range then Dsmash. and it can stab the sheild. And it leads to combos. Great move to use so try it sometimes. The move is not as fast as the Dsmash so space yourself.

Remember, this all takes time. You wont get it write away. But when you get the hang of it, you will see a difference.

kafke

Smash Apprentice
hmmm, When I try intentionally to use your tips, I find that I often do bad so I switch back to what I'm familiar with (don't know why) but then after I notice I am using the tips efficiently (sometimes). I also notice that I try to hard to do the techniques. I find it hard to attack out of shield, I know what to do now but, My fingers aren't fast enough. Help?

edit: Oh, and I also have troubles doing Nairs. If I do it to fast I start doing Dairs, and if I try to move even an inch and then try, I end up doing Fair or Bair. So I have to stay still :( any tips for that?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dont switch back. or else you will never get use to what your suppose to do. Your not gonna get the hang of it at first. You will need to work at it. and pay more attention to what is going on.

Go to training mode to pratice all that stuff. If you have trouble doing N-airs, slow down the time. the after you get it up, speed the time up by one. till you can do it at normal speed.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Use attack that have range and come out fast. That would be Back air and turnips. Try not to roll so much cause Jiggs can keep up with you. Also when she is not in the air or is about too, use your Jabs.

Istant N-air out of shield and when going in helps alot too. Also if you cant attack her out of the shield, wavedash out of it. cause rolling will leave you open.

Jiggs make it hard to land a clean hit. You can do the same with turnips. Follow up well with turnips. They screw up jiggs. Turnips when far. Fight when near. Dair combos work well since jiggs is small.

- Attack alot out of the shield.

- Limit the rolling.

- Jab alot to start a follow up. Stops most of her setups.

- Back air alot. Camp that move if you must. It comes out fast and has range. Cam beat nearly all her moves if you time it.

- Use lots of turnips. But not when close. She can travel fast in the air. Follow up well after turnips and dont do the same thing after you throw one. switch it up.

-Jiggs is all about the air. So if you can get her on the ground, you can do some damage.

-when fight her in the air, make your you space yourself. jiggs is one of the best air fighters in the game

- Jiggs is all about the air.

Top Bottom