• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offensive Farore's Wind?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I'm looking for more ways to implement farore's wind into my offensive methods. I already use it to stay invincible on the edge (the warp cancelling). Is there any time though, that Zelda's upB can or should be used to hit someone? I was thinking maybe it could be an alternative to grabbing after blocking an arial attack (zelda's grab is bloody slow). Say Fox shuffles his dair. Would you be able to block and then exit the block with upB and damage him before he shines, and follow up by positioning the warp to a smart spot anticipating his landing area to combo him? Also, it seems that upB if it hits someone sends them into a tumble. If you hit someone in a tumble with upB, it rights them. Could this be used? I don't want to be shortchanged because I can't use zelda's farore's wind to its full potential, so someone please give some advice on how the move could be used aside from warp cancelling, returning to the stage, and moving quickly across a stage.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
It is slow. Most characters can hit you out of the lag. It is good though for mindgames if you are a good distance away from the enemy, to switch up whether you're teleporting towards him, away from him, on a platform, or in the same exact spot. Don't try it if they are too close though.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Before asking these type of questions always check 1) the frames for the move and 2) the hitbox of the move

frames:
Teleport

Total: 114
Hit: 10-11
Invincible: 33-53
Time to aim: 33

Hitbox is very small, only around body and does not hit directly above or below, low priority move.

grab comes out at frame 12. to be able to grab fox after an lcanceled dair, you need at least a large shield and a grab that comes out at or before frame 7. So no, you can't do anything to block the dair. And upB is not a viable option majority of the time. I've used it once or twice because the opportunity arose, but don't rely on it. Doesn't work.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Before asking these type of questions always check 1) the frames for the move and 2) the hitbox of the move

frames:
Teleport

Total: 114
Hit: 10-11
Invincible: 33-53
Time to aim: 33

Hitbox is very small, only around body and does not hit directly above or below, low priority move.

grab comes out at frame 12. to be able to grab fox after an lcanceled dair, you need at least a large shield and a grab that comes out at or before frame 7. So no, you can't do anything to block the dair. And upB is not a viable option majority of the time. I've used it once or twice because the opportunity arose, but don't rely on it. Doesn't work.
Thanks. Uh... where can I view the move hitboxes?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah, Wind out of shield = bad idea, esp. against fox.
Also, the wind has fixed knockback that allows them to regain control before you've executed the warp, so comboing aint goina work. That windstalling stuff is pretty cool though (alot like firestalling...)

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
oh..this brings up a funny story of how i Koed my friend with the teleport on final d. Anyway, i was recovering up words using the Farore's Wind and my friend went to shine spike me using fox, well what happened was he got hit by the teleport and flew into the wall. and fell low enough for him not to make it back. maybe you could use it to hit people as they are recovering or as someone is running at you.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
oh..this brings up a funny story of how i Koed my friend with the teleport on final d. Anyway, i was recovering up words using the Farore's Wind and my friend went to shine spike me using fox, well what happened was he got hit by the teleport and flew into the wall. and fell low enough for him not to make it back. maybe you could use it to hit people as they are recovering or as someone is running at you.
Occasionally, I will hit an opponent with it, though not intentionally, when trying to return to the stage. If my opponent misses a spike attempt, I sometimes hit them with farore's wind, but they recover quickly, and usually have time to punish me anyways.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
i try not to do it intentionaly too, i just did it at the right time, he would have been able to revocer had he not bounced of the side of the stage and plummeted to his demise.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Anytime I've ever been hit by Farores Wind, is by complete chance. I'm not the Zelda player, so it's hard for me to say how it can be a useful attack. There's enough stun from it for the Zelda to get away though, that's for sure.

Zone

Smash Champion
I only use it for 3 reasons.
1.) Sweet spotting (aka recovery >.>;)
2.) If peach throws a turnip at me I can cancel it out with Up+B
3.) perhaps to get some distance(Not from Falco >< gotta stay medium range)

I don't really use that teleport mindgame stuff like teleporting in the same spot. Sure you trick them but it's not like when they are foold u can punish them it just resets the flow of the game. If you know what i mean *shrugs* Zelda is hard to sweet spot >< why!!

However there were a few times I double jumped out and up+B'd my foe, and aimed back for the stage vs Captain Falcon, was cool looking but I basically gave him another Up+B >.>

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
here is the hitbox...if you still want to see.

not too big, plus like its already been said it doesnt come out till frame 10. you could pull off a sh bair in the same amount of time as this i think.
although that would be cool if you could pull one off in the middle of a combo (ledge cancelled)...

Top Bottom