• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ocarina of Time: skip light arrows, warp to end credits glitch

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How can you call that winning/finishing? Just because it has credits?

There are games where you can see the credits from the menu. Does that mean the speed run time for those games is a second?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
No, because it's speedrunning. As in you try to "beat" the game with any exploits available to you as fast as you can.

I don't really like speedrunning but eh pretty cool I guess.

Morin0

Smash Lord
What Ndayday said. And even if that were the case, it wouldn't matter because in this case, OoT doesn't have beginning credits. If you've had a normal Oot run, the ending is the credits.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Skipping Ganon is what causes the "Ganon wins" timeline, Nintendo has known about this for years!

GofG

Smash Champion
nah the skip-to-credits thing won't ever be considered a real thing, because OoT happens to be timed from first-frame-of-control to frame-of-last-hit-on-ganon and there is no such last frame with this skip.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
nah the skip-to-credits thing won't ever be considered a real thing, because OoT happens to be timed from first-frame-of-control to frame-of-last-hit-on-ganon and there is no such last frame with this skip.
It wouldn't be the first time winning conditions would be changed because new strats are discovered.

See: Gen I Pokemon TASes. Yellow most notably.

Top Bottom