• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC3!Need Funds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yes

...=/

Upon reconsideration of the matter, I'd really like to donate...but the Japanese players just aren't a huge priority for me. If I donated, would there be a way for me to make sure that my money went to the venue or something?
I will make two separate pots. One for the venue and the other to the japanese.

You can send all donations aka checks to me to

8791 natoma ave westminster ca

also with your check or money order please put your name on it,address, and how much you donated on a paper inside. So if anything happens we know who u are and how much u donated.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

Can we still go through PayPal too?
yeah you can.

alright guys its official, bombsoldier , can go, he just wants to know if we can definitely help him out early , know how much, and then he can get ready to depart japan, for our tournament. Question is right now , how many people cares about getting bombsoldier to california. If not the usa.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

chances are high for the japanese players that people want to come. However, i havent seen any offers for donations so far and ive already been collecting. So if your going to donate now is the time. They need your help.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
only the highest donating OUT OF STATER will be housed... awww oh well that still wont stop me from donating if I decide to...which I probably will because Bombsoldier has been like an icon to me since I first picked up smash. Only thing im concerned about now is the actual date of the event but I guess Mana will inform us if it goes through

laozy

Smash Journeyman
If Utah is decides to donate the winnings from our biweeklies to oc3 and there are 4 of going, so all 4 of us will be housed?

Gaara♥

Smash Master
action for housing rights with bombsoldier... thats too funny LOLOLOL
he doesnt speak english does he??

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

i know everyone likes to talk about bombsoldier, but lets look at the facts.

1) so far weve raised no money to get him here
2) oc3 still needs funds
3) nobody has donated

so if you want to donate send checks to

8791 natoma ave westminster ca 92683

with your name and why youve donated and to what directly. Is it to the japanese or to the oc3 venue fund.

lets make this happen. thanks.

aznforce817

Smash Lord
Manacloud is it possible for u to keep me updated on the OC-3? i've been waiting for a long time to enter my first tournament and i've been hearing great things about the OC's. if you could possibly tell me if we're playing at Westminister again and approximately what date? and the fees :) that would be great. and i will try my best to donate for the japanese players. i'm pretty crazed to see bombsoldier in real life. :) ty

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
manacloud you are like a messiah to the smash community for helping bring bombsoldier over here, lol.

i believe you talked to my friend Park (aka muckraker5150) from here in modesto. i'll be helping him out with the funds. we're going to be deducting 30% from our modesto tournaments, plus whatever i want to donate from my own pocket. i trust that it won't be large... our donations will probably never exceed 100$ in total, but i'm sure anything will help.

i hope the money from the rest of the donators accumulates. we have three months. i'll make a note of your address. to whom are checks payable to?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

im not really a messiah, what i really want is to let people see how bombsoldier plays in real life and how nice he is as a person. Right now most people do not care about bombsoldier or the japanese, but i know for a fact people will start giving a crap once they are here and want to really see how it is. People online will want videos etc. So all i ask is people help out and this will happen.

Thanks for all the support though, i really want oc3 to happen. I will post updates in here once we gather our staff and discuss issues for this tournament. There are lots of issues that comes into planning something this large, first being housing. How can so cal house 300 people, who are willing to house people without wanting crap in return.

Like youve mentioned ive been asking many tournament host to help , so hopefully money starts rolling in. =), the japanese will really appreciate it.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
You could try to contact Evo to set up an event parallel to theirs. They already have hundreds of people coming from far away (some come from out of country), and they could probably supply the venue (or just let you take over running the Smash section of the event) if they know how big this will be.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

You could try to contact Evo to set up an event parallel to theirs. They already have hundreds of people coming from far away (some come from out of country), and they could probably supply the venue (or just let you take over running the Smash section of the event) if they know how big this will be.
we are planning to have a back to back tournament in accordance with evo.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
That's of course what's planned. Expenses almost always seem to have small little problems that contribute to the cost. That's in my experience, at least.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
That's of course what's planned. Expenses almost always seem to have small little problems that contribute to the cost. That's in my experience, at least.
For sure.
Like a tournament that ends up costing you $300 out of your own pocket. =/

Gaara♥

Smash Master
mana how does OC3 look so far is it coming along alright? Any donations yet or any progress foward??

Our donation tourney is still on for the 14th. 50% of all entries.
Just letting you know we didn't crap out or anything. :p

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

mana how does OC3 look so far is it coming along alright? Any donations yet or any progress foward??
thanks to silent and delphiki were going to raise some money, but nobody is donating out of their own will so far. Ken managed to raise around 500. I hope more would come foward and donate more though, still we got 3 months we will have to wait and see.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
well if I get my job(got interviewed today) then I will definately contribute to your cause!

Gaara♥

Smash Master
a thought just occured to me... I know the Japanese are scheduled to come but what about the other countries such as Europe... or the FAR out of staters like Hawaii?? I would LOVE to see a marth Ditto between EK and Ken.... or did that already happened sometime...??

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha i'm only messing around, i hope things start to grow, i dont know why they haven't been going incredibly well, oc2 was ridiculously fun do people not remember or somehing? sheesh.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Good to See Washington and Norcal helping out bigtime. <3's to you guys. If everything goes well and OC3 goes ahead as intended, I'll be able to come over and revisit you all =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom