• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Obscure characters whose inclusions you aren't entirely against

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Pretentious title, I know. Sorry if there's already a thread on this.

This thread is supposed to be characters you don't exactly endorse, but feel deserve and/or you wouldn't be mad if they got in.

I honestly would love to see him represented. Bastion is one of the best selling indie games of all time, and not to mention his moveset potential is practically limitless. Definitely a good choice to represent indie gaming imo.

Octopath Traveler was such a great game by Square, and with Primrose's compelling story, I feel like she should be the one to represent it. It may not be a very "iconic" game, but it definitely sold well on the Switch.

Is it so wrong to believe that Pauline deserves a spot more than Daisy? Pauline was the damsel in distress in gaming, not to mention her role in the Mario vs Donkey Kong series, and most recently her standout appearance in Odyssey. Now that she's in Tennis Aces, I feel like she's done more than enough to prove herself an icon and worthy of a slot in Smash.

Way more iconic the The Kid, but slightly less moveset potential. In any case, an excellent indie rep, and a really diverse selection for possible stages.

I know he's on a lot of people's lists, but I think it's almost a disservice that he hasn't appeared. Layton games are exclusively on Nintendo consoles afaik, and although he's third party, his innumerable sales make him a great rep for both his series and puzzle gaming in general.

While more obscure than Layton, she's first party, and I feel like her moveset would involve a different variety of puzzles (namely 3x3 matching) tan Layton. In all a pretty great choice imo.

Porky has way more moveset potential, and this argument is entirely based on personal bias, but I would LOVE to see Masked Man get in. A swordfighter/magic user mix, but not nearly close as Robin.

I don't know what series they'd rep-- Mario or Yoshi. In any case, a really cool option for Smash. Both are pretty iconic, and could borrow moves from Yoshi's Island or Partners in Time.

All I can think of atm.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
One character I absolutely want, but have absolutely no hopes for, is Gunvolt from the Azure Striker Gunvolt series. He has an iconic look and a unique gimmick that would make him fit right into the Smash cast.

papertiger

Smash Rookie
primrose was the prostitute right? if someone gets in from that series i doubt it would be her for that reason

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
One character I absolutely want, but have absolutely no hopes for, is Gunvolt from the Azure Striker Gunvolt series. He has an iconic look and a unique gimmick that would make him fit right into the Smash cast.
...Did you even read the OP? This isn't a pipe dream thread, it's a "I neither love nor hate this character" thread.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
...Did you even read the OP? This isn't a pipe dream thread, it's a "I neither love nor hate this character" thread.
Ah, I see. I did read the OP, but unfortunately misinterpreted some of it. Due to the word "obscure", I assumed it was a thread dedicated to lesser-known characters. That said, to smooth things over...

While lots of people seem to want him in, I've always been indifferent to the idea of Travis Touchdown being in Smash. Having watched the gameplay videos of No More Heroes 1&2, however, I can see how he can work. Just like in his game, his sword could run out of batteries after enough swings--as a result, he would have to wait for an opportunity to recharge his beam katana. His grabs could derive from his wrestling moves, which would be kill moves.

Also, despite being a big fan of Tales of Symphonia, at this point in time I can't say I care whether or not Lloyd Irving makes it in. Despite this, though, I can see how he would differentiate from the other sword users as well. Just like in his game, he could chain certain moves into others.

Top Bottom