• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Sabrar

Smash Ace
It's a game where townies get themselves lynched and paranoia rules over Occam's razor.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I understand the case on Boom completely but at this point there is no reason for me to spend an hour doing analysis on him because it will be WIFOM all the way from the pov of others. I'm not contesting his lynch for the same reason I didn't contest Ninja. People already went into their own private bubble and won't believe him whatever he does and whatever anecdotal evidence I could bring up. I have nothing to offer in his defense other than he could do the same as town. That's all there is to it.
You can call that lazy, cowardly, hedgy, whatever. It's not worth my time.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
FIrst off, all this talk about Boom's wolf game actually being decent
then leads me to believe if he is town here, he put all his experience points into his wolf game

also the cases on UP don't lead up to, "he is obvious enough"
even Ranmaru's doesnt
so anyone saying he has to be a wolf, just feels like TMI
obviously this is outside Ranmaru who has put a god damn lot of work into his reads

so like even if UP flips red here
I am not going to wake up the next day and be like
"Yup Boom and Sabrar are lock town:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Why are you whining?
you are just as much in your own private bubble as me and Ranmaru are
like wtf

you use refused to give a read on another player, and you are gonna rant about cooperation?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
FIrst off, all this talk about Boom's wolf game actually being decent
then leads me to believe if he is town here, he put all his experience points into his wolf game
Lol, except (assuming I'm right about UP), I've had dead accurate reads all game. The problem is for every XP spent on your wolf game you get -1 on persuasion after you've snowed someone.

so like even if UP flips red here
I am not going to wake up the next day and be like
"Yup Boom and Sabrar are lock town:
Yeah, duh, that's fine. But like, I'm not 100% wolf, or even like 90% wolf. But UP is either an ass who is throwing the game for lulz, or scum who feels they got nothing (or scum trying to take heat for me). So assuming UP isn't an asshole he is still a better lynch today.

Yeah, I might be a wolf snowing you, and I miscalculated my coaching to UP and I'm trying to get one more use of some scummy power. But in that case town is in a very good place cause you've caught two wolves D2 and D3.

But there is another world, where I'm actually town, and UP is just sowing chaos on his way out. I've been right all game, and town could use my analysis D3 before you lynch me. In that world we misslynch twice by D3 and you need my help from beyond the grave.

I'm 100% serious that I won't fight the lynch D3. I need to go to clear the waters. I can't be here at lylo or we lose.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would believe you if you had tried to find scum instead of sticking to POE and a [2 man] team belief.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom, I want an ordered list with reasoning please.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
if you are so certain that UP is a wolf
then you should be burying him
but maybe thats just me
I am putting this game on the backburner for tomorrow
sorry ranmaru ranmaru
too many other things on my mind

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin So you have an explanation now for voting me D1, but didn't have one when I asked D1. Without the use of sarcastic capitalization. convince me that you didn't just make up the reason today.
Don't need to convince you. My "explanation" was hardly that. Anybody can string together a bunch of keywords to use as rationale. Who said I didn't just pull together a bunch of nice-sounding words? I mean, what I said WAS the truth, but my empty vote on you was because A: I had you as a scumlean at the time and B: I wanted a reaction from you. Which you graciously provided. I TRULY believe that we've already covered this. This was not the first time that I've talked about my empty vote on you. Broken record perhaps?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Tbf, Boom going "I'm 100% confident in UP being scum" reeks of a potential scum trying to copy Ran's "I'm 100% confident in 3DS being scum". However, a lot of their later posts of "I'll vote self to remove myself from lylo" do sound good, even though there are likely three mafioso in the game, and we'd be in lylo anyway when I die.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Tbf, Boom going "I'm 100% confident in UP being scum" reeks of a potential scum trying to copy Ran's "I'm 100% confident in 3DS being scum". However, a lot of their later posts of "I'll vote self to remove myself from lylo" do sound good, even though there are likely three mafioso in the game, and we'd be in lylo anyway when I die.
I know that contradicts what I said previously about Boom looking good, but I'm willing to write it off because town has been absolutely useless during my absence. I warned about it on D1, and it's ****ing happening again. Nobody can get their head out of their ass and actually try to look around to find other potential scum.

I don't think that Boom can be scum because there is literally no counterargument against it. Every single post has basically been about "iS iT bOoM oR uP?!!?!1". Awful stuff. Everybody was obsessed with 3DS and barely anybody stood up for him. Here we have 100% consensus that scum MUST be in Boom or UP. No use looking elsewhere. Some names were thrown about but nobody seemed to be looking for the third, because there IS a third scummer here. You can cover your ears and say "lalala" but there are three scum in the mafia faction. And the fact that everybody has convinced themselves that they're good at the game and that both me and Boom are scum is even more baffling, especially after town suffered defeat to the mafia after mislynching 3DS. And for that, gg. Good job scum, you really got yourself a good one after taking advantage of town's foolishness. I have no reason to continue playing, and have lost complete inspiration to actually try anymore. I'm still going to finish this game off, but this is only because you deserve to hear something from my slot.

I thought back on my Wiisp read and I realized that you all have been giving them a hall pass to go about the game without ever being suspected. Z25 is town here because of their classic towntells. Pokechu is also probably town. Jackrito is also probably town. Can't say the same about anybody else. Boom is probably town due to the ****ty situation that they've found themselves in with absolutely no support, but I cannot make that guarantee because the mafia are all gunning for my lynch anyway. But **** it, it's just another game where I've been mislynched D2 to add to the pile.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
it's just another game where I've been mislynched D2 to add to the pile.
(Well, I suppose if you include the times where I've been correctly lynched, Flavorless was the only game where I lived beyond D2 in the last year. I'll have to check other sites to see whether this claim holds up, but it seems pretty accurate.)

Sabrar

Smash Ace
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin : I lied. One last question regarding RVS.
In #13 you justify your vote-switch to me because you didn't like my opener. That was before my #35 in which (according to you) I justified my RVS on LaserGuy. You later state that it was obvious that my opener wasn't serious. So if your switch was a joke then why did you feel the need to justify it? Double standard much?
If you can spare a minute, you might want to answer this as well.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
And you're still dodging the question. Nice.
That was the answer. As far as my tiny brain can comprehend, your question is fully answered. Unless you want me to address your sarcastic loaded question of "double standards much", which I suppose you will end up agreeing to disagree with my answer.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Ok. Let's try one last time. You justified a vote that you admit wasn't serious. Later, you make a case on me because you think I justified a vote that wasn't serious. Why?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Ok. Let's try one last time. You justified a vote that you admit wasn't serious. Later, you make a case on me because you think I justified a vote that wasn't serious. Why?
Ok. I think you're treating our "justifications" as equal. I'm entitled to my own opinion, and I don't believe they are. I wanted to have my RVS vote be on a person who I didn't think had a good opener. There was no alignment interpretation involved. I interpreted your justification, on the other hand, that LG must have been scum due to his emojiposting. These are two completely different circumstances in my eyes, and should be treated as such.

End of answer.

Now riddle me this. Why the **** does this matter to you. How do you find my alignment based on this. I think that this is a profoundly unnecessary train of thought to follow but then again I have an IQ of 3 so I'd love to hear your spin on why you've been trying to appear town by following what I believe to be a useless line of questioning for the last 2 weeks.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Now riddle me this. Why the **** does this matter to you. How do you find my alignment based on this. I think that this is a profoundly unnecessary train of thought to follow but then again I have an IQ of 3 so I'd love to hear your spin on why you've been trying to appear town by following what I believe to be a useless line of questioning for the last 2 weeks.
I don't do this to 'appear town', I do this to show inconsistency in others' content which is a good way to catch scum. You say it's useless, i disagree (as I'm also entitled to my own opinion).

Wiisp

Smash Lord
look I dont care about DADV at this point in time
its not going to magically make me think that Boom looks better
and put your money where your mouth is
make a new train then

Wiisp

Smash Lord
If it makes it any better, this is probably going to be my last game for a while. If you want a question answered though, I'm here to answer.
why though? I liked you in sorcerer
I just dont understand this extreme shift in playstyles

Top Bottom