• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
EOD paranioa literally kills me
because people start playing in such wild manners that I have no god damn clue how to read anything
I feel you. I thought Pokechu and LG could potentially be buddies but now Pokechu, who I’ll assume is scum for the case of the example, is taking an opportunistic stab at LG. I’ll admit that I was on LG too, but I know I’m town and I wanted to be a resource to Wiisp here.

##Unvote

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In all fairness I also agree with a Z25 townread. Sab posting a towncore with 10 minutes to go really shakes my confidence though.
Sab has had this same town core awhile though.

Also what the ****? Wisp or Chu are absolutely scum now.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think for Sabrar's legacy if he is town, I just have to vote Boom tomorrow

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ya I am the wolf here showing general paranoia, because nobody reacts to anything anymore
you are all like robots

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 2F

An execution has been reached!

Wisp (5) - Laser, Ran, Jack, Boom, Wisp [L-0]

Boom (2) - Z25, Sabrar

Laser (2) - Chu, UP

Not Voting (0)

P33-P38
UP #Z25
Wisp #Boom
Boom #UP
Ran #Boom
Laser #Jack
Z25 #Laser
Jack #Laser
Ran #Unv

P39-P40
Ran #Boom
UP #Boom
Up #Unv
Up #Boom

P41-P44
Chu #Z25
Wisp #UP
Sabrar #UP

P45
Wisp #Boom

P46-P48
Z25 #Unv
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
UP #Ran

P48-P55
Laser #UP
Ran #Unv
Z25 #Boom
Ran #UP
Boom #Unv
Laser #Sabrar
Wisp #Sabrar
Wisp #Boom
Boom #Sabrar
Boom #Unv
Boom #Wisp
Sabrar #Unv
Laser #Wisp

P55-P56
Chu #UP
Wisp #Laser
Sabrar #Boom

P56-P60
Ran #Wisp
Chu #Laser
Chu #UP
Boom #Unv
Jack #Wisp
UP #Unv

P60-P61
Wisp #Sabrar
Wisp #Wisp
Wisp #Boom

P61v2
Wisp #Wisp

P62
Chu #Laser
Wisp #Laser
UP #Laser
Boom #Wisp
Wisp #Wisp

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute!

Day 2 Ends: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 11:59 pm

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Wiisp was voted to be executed, but Sabrar takes his place! He was...

ExLight from Bulbagarden!
Hello Sabrar, you are ExLight (Bulbagarden), Town 1-Shot Even-Player Day Governer!

Light's Out: Once during the game, if there are an even amount of players during the Day phase, you may post Light's Out in the thread; the Day will then end and no one will be lynched. This must be done before Twilight.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

It is now Night 2, Dusk.
Dusk ends in 24 hours.
Night ends 48 hours.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ranmaru has died during the Night. He was...

Mamboo07 from SmashBoards!
Hello Ranmaru, you are Mamboo07 (SmashBoards), Town Very Indecisive [Unique] Fruit Vending Thief!

Delicious Thief: During Dusk you may select a player. If that player has an item, you will swap it with a piece of fruit, taking the item for yourself.

Very Indecisive: You may not select the same player twice.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Ranmaru had the following unused items:

[ Tracker | Voyeur ] Token
[ Hider | Crier ] Token

Day 3, Dawn Begins!

Sunshine. Ok.​

Vote Count 3.0

Not Voting (7)
Pokechu, UtopianPoyzin, Z25, Jackrito, BoomFrog, Wiisp, LaserGuy

Notes
The deadline links provide a countdown timer that is accurate per your time zone.

Players and Events
Link

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to execute!

Day 3 Ends: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 11:59 pm [-04:00]
Dawn Ends: Friday, May 1, 2020 11:59 pm [-04:00]

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
**** I had a post for Ran but he’s dead

Lemme post it anyways

Already done w it but wrapping up assignment due at midnight!!!!!!

Wiisp

Smash Lord
so to start off, I probably will have to take the lead in this game now
secondly I wrote this message, because I had intended to use one of my tokens, which was the crier token, but it was stolen so I'll post it anyways

Hi This is Wisp
I asked the question we all wanted an answer to, will we know when we are in lylo
And outside some mechanical reasons the answer is yes, and seeing how tomorrow will most likely be 7 players, we will know for a fact if we are in lylo or mylo.

Also to answer another question, the tokens I received were [redacted]/crier which I could not use previously because I had to find Exlight first, sorry Sabrar. Crier lets me send a message that is posted at day start
I expect to see a lot people being like, “I was so wrong, I am so sorry”, I’m not going to care much for statements like that, after I got attacked for showing paranioa, when things just started to not add up, meh
If I am dead

Ranmaru still town
ZDS probably town (liked his reaction to my CFD)
IF UP is a wolf, don’t try to solve him tomorrow, please (I really don’t think he is a wolf anyways)

So we got Boom/Lasor/Jackrito/Pokechu

P.S: Sabrar didn’t claim his role, which is just “wow”
P.S.S: I am probably going to avoid interfering with interactions at day start since I need to read y’all, y’all don’t need to read me

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I don't see anything about this being in lylo?
so ya, only two mafia

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ohh it was Ranmaru...
he stole my token and then died with it
thanks?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Idk how Ranmaru looks at my reaction to that EoD and thinks, "this guy has TMI"
which I can only assume he still thought I was a wolf, which is why he stole my token
which I could've used if I had hit a wolf today to possibly prevent myself from dying
so again, thanks?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
will probably start my player by player analysis tomorrow
technically later today

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
@Ranmaru you quite possibly possess the most power in the town, you are by far the loudest voice. But at times you can make us go deaf. You must stick to a read because if not we're going to have more days like D2

Please entertain me on Laser and Poyzin. BoomFrog BoomFrog you too, your “bad townie” or TWTBAW is a cop out and ridiculous.

Poyzin's EoD was incredibly suspicious and lacked motivation to actually help out the town. He called me, one of his townreads, the flat out "safest lynch" despite showing no suspicions prior.
I think that Pokechu is the safest lynch here. I also am hypothesizing that if Pokechu is scum, then they're bound to be aligned with Laser as evident due to their shade throwing before reverting back to their position on me. And guess what?? My next post is going to be an ISO! Can't wait...
My reason for switching back to Poy was perfectly valid, but he still takes an opportunistic jab. However, when making an ISO over me, he instantly backs down.
Tbh this looked pretty good at the time, besides the Jackrito bit. I kinda liked the wall, but in the end, this was all the general consensus (at least it was in my eyes) and is a great way to enter the game for either alignment.

I now remember why I used to townread Pokechu. These posts are pretty solid. They've only started to look bad pretty recently in my eyes. I'll probably have to reconsider my opinion in hindsight, I'll admit that saying that my former townread is the safest lynch is pretty foolish.
This post did nothing but clutter up the thread and it MUST come from a scum player. No town player would work on an ISO, come up with this, and believe that it is still good enough to be posted. This solves nothing, this changes nothing. yet when granted the ability for a second chance at it, to work on it during the Dusk phase, Poyzin does not. He offers us nothing.
It’s your friendly neighborhood insomniac here. I’m exhausted and have absolutely no leads on where to look next. Initial thought make me think it’s gotta be Boom or Laser. Will have to reinvestigate Jack.
You would think that after a flip such as Sabrar's, he would have more to say, but this is all we get. People already commented on his last Dusk phase posts being poor, and he made no attempt to change his method.
I feel you. I thought Pokechu and LG could potentially be buddies but now Pokechu, who I’ll assume is scum for the case of the example, is taking an opportunistic stab at LG. I’ll admit that I was on LG too, but I know I’m town and I wanted to be a resource to Wiisp here.

##Unvote
Here, Poyzin is still throwing shade at me, but missing by a mile. He has no argument here because anyone can say "I know I'm town and I wanted to help out my townread." This is also very disingenuous because as a town player he should be supporting his own opinions, not sheeping his top town. He made similar, unhelpful posts throughout the day phase.
I’m probably going to look bad for saying this if Boom flips scum, but I’m realizing that Pokechu is playing the same way they were in Flavorless. Fool me once shame on me, but fool me twice, shame on you. I don’t want to go for Pokechu rn, but Pokechu makes a lot of sense as a third scummed. And to think that I townread them an hour ago.
Here is one of them (came about 24 hr before deadline). Again, he did not provide quotes. Me and Z both asked Poyzin to elaborate, yet he ignored us both. Similar to the question I asked him that Ran concurred, that Poy ignored. This paints the picture that Poyzin does not care to create real discussion or help the town advance their reads.
B: You've done a lot of piggybacking, and I'm not really sensing a natural progression from your slot. Even if you're gunning for me, it feels forced and I feel like if you're scum, then you're buddies with Laser. (As a comparison, I'd like to think that Ran could be town here, as he feels far more natural in his reads, even if I don't agree with them at all. However, that's not enough for me to commit to a Ran townread.)
He discredits my slot massively here. This shows that he's uninterested in making or leading real pushes. He says I'm the safest lynch but he cannot provide quotes to support any of his stances here. He is only saying things to appear townie and to slide under the radar.
Boom was scum the whole time and will change his mind on me to push me out.

I cannot begin to fathom how that would play out so I won’t.
This post was wholly unnecessary and unnatural. If he is town then at EoD he would NOT be concerned with mudslinging and self-preservation. No town player would sit aside and make this post.

Altogether, this shows that Poyzin does not have town motivation. He is making statements he cannot and does not support with evidence and he is throwing shade in an attempt to rile up the town, capitalizing on paranoia and fear. Today may potentially be LyLo. His posts are made deliberately to look townie and not actually be townie. We cannot let this slot live.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
so yeah I def think best play toDay is Laser or Poy still. I can make a post why I think Boom is town

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean I cant deny that he hasnt done much of anything, but like I'd rather us focus on everyone else for a majority of the day

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
just copied and pasted that ISO from my role PM

hit me up with thoughts comments questions concerns

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I mean I cant deny that he hasnt done much of anything, but like I'd rather us focus on everyone else for a majority of the day
so I shouldn't tunnel poyzin until one of us two dies?

that sucks :/ LOL

Who are you interested in looking into the most? Where's your head at? I'm assuming Boom?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Will get started on the Boom post

Also, did you (or anyone else?) have anything to say in particular about my Laser wall?

Unvote
##Laser

Looking back at D1 I don't like how Laser was scumreading Maven. It makes his readlists easier because it's one less person to have to justify a read on (because Maven had no posts) and it's also slimy because Maven is a blank slate, there's no way to judge him. To want him over anyone else, someone who could legitimately be scumread, shows that you only have an interest in lynching - specifically, mislynching. Maven and 3DSNinja were Laser's bottom 2 D1 and we know how the latter turned out.

These posts were posted together late D1, the first is in response to Ran asking Laser his read of Boom. Laser is pretty focused on Maven and 3DS (I know both are town).
However, 5 posts after the readlist, this is start of D2 now, Laser posts this

he already has two new avenues, aside from Maven and UP, his bottom two scum after 3DSNinja. He doesn't say anything about their slots, just that they're 'still on his radar'. Later in the day he posts this readlist

Still has Maven sitting as scum and not really resolving his UP scumread. Why is Maven so low if there's no way to analyze his posts? Pursing through Laser's ISO I found this thought with regards to Maven

771 is Maven's most thorough post yet all Laser has to justify such a low ranking of him is that it "rubbed him the wrong way." Pre-3DS lynch Laser was also quick to tie him to Ninja

This shows lack of motivation and is preemptive imo because you're not even using real content to support your stances, just moreso metadata. This post came earlier in D1 which explains why Maven is null and not scum like in the other quotes pulled from D1. Still, from these quotes it feels like to me that he wants an easy 'out' (ranking Maven low). In case Laser is scum with Poy, this new Jack avenue gives him reason to put Poy a little higher on the readslist, not as imperative.

However, he nails Poyzin dead to rights here, pegging him as 'likely scum'. This is shown in what I believe is his most recent reads list.

He places me a bit higher, which I think is null because the push on Maven was weird nonetheless. His distaste of Poy's slot was further shown last night when he voted for him. He says a little about Sabrar but concludes him being town.

However, he comes in with 2151 today

And suddenly, with Poy, the person Laser has probably pushed the most and the furthest (may be forgetting someone), he's not a "huge fan." Even though Poy was dead last in his most recent readslist, Laser is not a fan. He only wants to lynch Poy "if we desperately need to." However, he shifts gears with Sabrar completely, and considering he moved his vote to Wiisp when Wiisp revealed his switcharoo, Laser is serious with this push. Laser hesitates to vote Poyzin despite pegging him as scum and refocuses on Sabrar, someone he's been townreading the whole game. This pushes me towards a UP/Laser team.
IDK I think I have an affinity for creating walls so when this one got no attention I was a lil sad

Wiisp

Smash Lord
so I shouldn't tunnel poyzin until one of us two dies?

that sucks :/ LOL

Who are you interested in looking into the most? Where's your head at? I'm assuming Boom?
in mean we spent most of the last day phase on UP, and Boom
and each of them spent time as the top wagon with very little interuption
so like idk
I wanted to hit laser, because I was freaking out, but nobody wanted to go there
which I blame on Boom and Ranmaru for being so certain on Sabrar for w/e reason
Sabrar came back and didnt even claim his role, which is more likely to be on town then ever mafia
so idk what was going through his mind

Boom definitely isnt off the hook, but the problem is still everyone else
we spent a whole day phase talking about Boom/UP
and didnt hit either

so in a two world mafia team, my brain says either they were both hits, or probably neither of them are?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
wagon analysis is kinda hard with a two player mafia team, which is also kinda a bad reason to think how I did in the above post

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
in mean we spent most of the last day phase on UP, and Boom
and each of them spent time as the top wagon with very little interuption
so like idk
I wanted to hit laser, because I was freaking out, but nobody wanted to go there
which I blame on Boom and Ranmaru for being so certain on Sabrar for w/e reason
Sabrar came back and didnt even claim his role, which is more likely to be on town then ever mafia
so idk what was going through his mind

Boom definitely isnt off the hook, but the problem is still everyone else
we spent a whole day phase talking about Boom/UP
and didnt hit either

so in a two world mafia team, my brain says either they were both hits, or probably neither of them are?
Really I think that Boom/UP can't be the team because of the OMGUS vote and Boom's willingness to help those getting lynched. I can bring up specific quotes, like embed them in my post if needed, but the OMGUS vote can't come from a scum Boom/scum Poy because Boom has to be a better player, than for that to be his only option in creating a direction. Like it's not that hard. There's nothing that motivates a scum!Boom to OMGUS vote Poyzin like that

I also recall Boom being one of the ones defending 3DSNinja, and you could say that that's scum trying to look good when a townie flips. However, he keeps this track record up by suggesting sacrificing himself with Poyzin. This doesn't come from scum because they gain nothing from this. Scum would never be that invested in town affairs, trying to keep mislynch candidates alive. Boom made a deal to get hit by Poy's bullet when Poy was at his worst. Like I even joke hammered (didn't bold it or hashtag or anything), that's how close Poy was to getting lynched. scum!Boom would have had no desire to do this because he'd be aware he stands a better chance as a lone scum than Poy does (if he were to really sacrifice himself), and if he wasn't intending to sacrifice himself and it was just a show, then he would be risking it actually going down, and thus being voted out. Like really there's nothing for scum to gain from that

Those are the main hits I have for town!Boom but I can look back for more things that pushed me towards it

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean, dying for anyone is kind of wild, because its strictly against your win con
you can only assume someone is town, and never townie enough to supersede your role pm which literally tells you that, "you" are town, and its literally the only thing you know outside dead flips, and mod confirms

I also don't think its as simple as trying to figure out how mafia plays like that, its not really all 1's and 0's
so saying, he isnt really helping his win con by keeping mislynches alive, when we literally just yeeted Sabrar an hour before day phase is not much for me

that omgus vote was pretty bad, and I dont think it necessarily means they can't be wolf/wolf

tho I do like, "
scum!Boom would have had no desire to do this because he'd be aware he stands a better chance as a lone scum than Poy does
"this I can get behind

Wiisp

Smash Lord
anyways, I agree that, that probably makes them being W/W very unlikely
but IDK if I can say anything of that strictly makes Boom town

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Idk how Ranmaru looks at my reaction to that EoD and thinks, "this guy has TMI"
which I can only assume he still thought I was a wolf, which is why he stole my token
which I could've used if I had hit a wolf today to possibly prevent myself from dying
so again, thanks?
My guess is that last minute wagon pinged Ran.

I fully agree that when Ran is town in future games they need to stop changing targets so easily. It’s why I keep my votes simple, because that type of roller coaster only dereails town not help it.

Im curious though why kill Ran today and not yesterday? I imagine scum would have wanted most townie player gone night one. Also Ran was really starting to look sketchy with the constant vote switching and miss lynching. So why did scum not take advantage of this? My guess is they don’t have the cred to try that.

Regardless I stand by Boom, then Up( or even Up first), because Bolm has reasons for suspicions that we went over a thousand times yesterday and Up did literally nothing last night after being spared. That’s extreme wine right there and I’m betting it really was a distraction to bait us into a wrongful lynch again.

Other suspects would be Chu or Laser. But I don’t know if I see scum laser anymore. I suggested the idea of a ran led scum team to him in the neighborhood chat. So he could have easily gotten me convinced to weight that option today if he wanted, unless again he didn’t think that would work. But scum laser also wouldn’t kill ran imo because it would narrow the pool in a big way as it reinforces reads On other slots.

But if it’s a two scum team, my bet is Up or Boom are flipping scum. I was confident in my reads yesterday, and still am today

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
My guess is that last minute wagon pinged Ran.

I fully agree that when Ran is town in future games they need to stop changing targets so easily. It’s why I keep my votes simple, because that type of roller coaster only dereails town not help it.

Im curious though why kill Ran today and not yesterday? I imagine scum would have wanted most townie player gone night one. Also Ran was really starting to look sketchy with the constant vote switching and miss lynching. So why did scum not take advantage of this? My guess is they don’t have the cred to try that.

Regardless I stand by Boom, then Up( or even Up first), because Bolm has reasons for suspicions that we went over a thousand times yesterday and Up did literally nothing last night after being spared. That’s extreme wine right there and I’m betting it really was a distraction to bait us into a wrongful lynch again.

Other suspects would be Chu or Laser. But I don’t know if I see scum laser anymore. I suggested the idea of a ran led scum team to him in the neighborhood chat. So he could have easily gotten me convinced to weight that option today if he wanted, unless again he didn’t think that would work. But scum laser also wouldn’t kill ran imo because it would narrow the pool in a big way as it reinforces reads On other slots.

But if it’s a two scum team, my bet is Up or Boom are flipping scum. I was confident in my reads yesterday, and still am today
Could you find the posts that you thought were the biggest hits against Boom?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
also do you have anything to say about my Poy post above?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Sorry I wasn't around at the end of day. The day ended at kind of an awkward time for me before I can usually play, and I ended up having to field a call that ran right through the deadline and wasn't able to slip back to the game to participate until well after things had settled.

About Sabrar, the main thing that was troubling me about him was that he genuinely didn't seem to care about who was getting lynched between UP and Boom. He was locked on UP as far as his reads were concerned, but he didn't seem to really be invested in making sure that he actually got the lynch he wanted. That combined with his low activity throughout the game made me think that maybe I was wrong about him, especially when I was seriously considering the possibility of at least Boom being Town and possibly both Boom and UP. The only combinations of mafia that did not include Boom and UP that made a lot of sense to me were ones that included Sabrar. The way that everyone had their attention almost exclusively focused on those two players also made me think that there was probably at least one wolf in the Townbloc.

I was kind of surprised at the speed that wagon took off. As I mentioned to Z25 in neighborhood, I wasn't really expecting to swing the lynch. But I wanted to consider an option that wasn't UP/Boom since if we ended up with mislynch on a fairly consensus scumread it can be difficult to evaluate people's motives.

I would be very surprised if there isn't at least one scum on the wagon. My current thinking sort of takes me back to Jackrito (again) who didn't seem too keen on the Sabrar lynch and wanted Boom, then switched very quickly without a lot of obvious motivation. I think Jack looks especially bad here if UP flips scum, as he was reluctant to vote him with Ran when asked, and then moved over to the new wagon when the opportunity presented itself. Wiisp and Boom I also feel are more likely to be Town which again leads me to Jackrito being scum on the wagon.

Jackrito Jackrito : Why did you move your vote to Sabrar? You had him as Town in #1679 and didn't seem keen on him as of #2302? What changed your mind?

Z25 Z25 : After the hammer you said you were suspicious of Wiisp and Chu (#2843). Yet now you are back to Boom/UP. What happened?

IDK I think I have an affinity for creating walls so when this one got no attention I was a lil sad
Let's take a look.

So a lot of this seems to have to do with my scumread of Maven. Yet you appear to have not highlighted the specific post where I explain the reason for that read, #787, where I felt that Maven's #771 was very disingenuous toward me specifically, and generally just throwing shade without really engaging in anyone's content. He repeatedly asked for the case on Utopian, was given it, and his only comment was that he'd prefer UP to 3DS. And, as I said, one of the reasons that Maven seemed promising to me was because I thought 3DS was likely flailing newbie scum, and I felt a very plausible explanation to this was that at least one of his buddies was the ever-absent Maven. Something similar happened to me in one my first scum games, and I've seen something similar happen to other new players before as well. After 3DS flipped Town, this scenario didn't seem likely, and you have been generally putting in a lot more effort into the slot, so I moved up to nullish in D2.

Yes, I changed my position on UP near end of day. His content appeared to be more townie, and I had reservations about how the wagons had been moving as I had mentioned before. As I noted in #2305, IDGAF about trying to be consistent or have steady progression that leads to an inevitable conclusion of X is scum. I've tried that before, but my reads aren't good enough to justify it. I end up wasting time in a giant TvT tunnel while I'm townreading all of the mafia. If you have some time to kill, take a look at Open 711 on mafia scum and you'll see a good example of this happening. If someone is able to convince me that they're Town in a single post, that's great, I'll read them as Town.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Maven seemed promising to me was because I thought 3DS was likely flailing newbie scum, and I felt a very plausible explanation to this was that at least one of his buddies was the ever-absent Maven.
Still very opportunistic to just tie people together like that, Maven's not in the thread and you're already burying him and the confidence in 3DS being newbie scum is unorthodox. Very strange to be certain about that instead of having at least some doubt
His content appeared to be more townie
very bad cop out for someone you already pegged as "likely scum." You don't really even explain, at least say something like "yeah this post caught my eye, #1724, it's really good because x"

Like I don't want you to make something up but considering you had had Poyzin as a scumread for the whole game? Like if he was really able to change your mind that quickly and easily (which I doubt 1. because that's just weird 2. because his posts weren't great) then you should have more of a reason for it than "content appeared more townie." This is an excuse to just suddenly shift gears and push the Sabrar agenda. Like what do you think of the post I just compiled on him?
I suppose I am trying to keep my options open in some sense, so that I don’t hard commit to anything too early and get locked in a tunnel.
posts like these are just bad because if you're just participating and analyzing as you should be then you shouldn't need to worry about getting locked in a tunnel. This is a blatant admission that Poy is waffling with his reads

You are ignoring the actual quality of Poyzin's posts to have an "out" and be able to push motives other than scum!poyzin, the one you agreed with the whole game up until now. I wonder why

and even despite of all of this, like, OK, I'll play along with Wiisp and not try to solve Poy today.
About Sabrar, the main thing that was troubling me about him was that he genuinely didn't seem to care about who was getting lynched between UP and Boom. He was locked on UP as far as his reads were concerned, but he didn't seem to really be invested in making sure that he actually got the lynch he wanted. That combined with his low activity throughout the game made me think that maybe I was wrong about him, especially when I was seriously considering the possibility of at least Boom being Town and possibly both Boom and UP. The only combinations of mafia that did not include Boom and UP that made a lot of sense to me were ones that included Sabrar. The way that everyone had their attention almost exclusively focused on those two players also made me think that there was probably at least one wolf in the Townbloc.
this is all you have to say about diverting the lynch? Like, pretty revisionist. You said nothing, absolutely nothing at all, about why you wanted Sab in #2151. but now you have a reason. Like I even called you out on it right then but you asked 'why do you think I made it?' uhh idk to be cute? like was my question, was my post a joke to you or something? lmao like this cannot come from town, town doesn't just sit their vote on wagons "mmmm maybe this?" as it shows they are not concerned who really gets lynched by the end of the day. #2151 left Sabrar clueless and he flipped town

Do you agree that #2,151 wasn't a good post? I think that it could be a good thing to focus on other slots, aside from Boom/UP. But Laser doesn't actually get that going much, aside from a weak vote on you. And I say weak because his justification is "can't make a case but.... maybe?"

exactly like the memes I said earlier!!! LOL putting our beds together in minecraft!!!! lmao "Sab is town... unless?"

Like even though I like a lot of the content you put out today, I could find some things to pick an issue with. Feels very unmotivated and noncommittal of Laser to just put the vote out, and I think it's worse when he was previously townreading the slot. Like there has to be a reason you're voting the slot now if you liked it in the past. The fact he isn't displaying the progression, a few posts that changed his mind, shows that he's not very interested in making real pushes imo

Also how are you feeling wrt Poy/Boom, Sab? In the quote above you want to lynch Boom. But you also are very confident UP is scum

Previously in the phase you felt Boom could be town

Since you want to lynch Boom first now could I ask why? Did you resolve this quote ?

Would be great to hear if you figured it out!

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Z25 Z25
Ranmaru will still the active voice
And even world's where he was wrong he was still a double edged sword and extremely unpredictable
The only people wavering on Ranmaru being town are bad town or bad wolves thinking they can actually push that

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I never said that UP's posts are townie, he is anything but townie, all I said is there are things on a micro level that don't feel like they come from a wolf

And I only said let's no focus on UP if the world was a world of 3, now that we know it's only two wolves the chance of hitting a wolf outside UP is smaller given he is a wolf

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Hey, just caught up on the thread. Even though I don't agree with Pokechou's reads I think he's town due to the reluctant to vote even under pressure as I said yesterDay. Laser still doesn't feel like mafia, his reasons feel like real scum hunting to me. The Me/Up lynch did feel bad (in a three wolf world). Two wolves makes sense though, that's why no one feels connected.

I'm going to try and to a real reread some time this Day phase.

Top Bottom