• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Boom’s continuous attempt at a suicide play to save up is scum boom saving scum Up, it’s scum Boom trying to look good when you mislycnh Up not the other townies.

It’s a setup for him to push your mislych next is what I’m betting. Likely alongside his teammate, someone with good reads by others( sab, or maybe jac or wisp)

This is scum boom making a sacrifice play to mislead town starting with Up’s lynch, hence why he’s so adamant on saving a slot out he knows nothing about like the ninja stuff yesterday and his posts on wisp being town since day one. At least that’s what I’m betting on based on his posts
You absolutely missed the point of what Boom is trying to do. He is not trying to blow up the game. He is looking at the possibility world where both Boom and I are town and we don't throw the game by mislynching in LyLo at 7. I believe we've moved past the sacrifice bit.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Boom: I have a token that I wanted to use.
So your trying to tell me that three tokens were handed out last night? Unless Wisp was lying of course. That’s a lot of power given out at night and I can’t see it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes, that's what I'm saying.
Let’s discuss this.

In what situation does it make sense Wisp not only gets a token, but also gets two of them why you get one? Don’t you find that odd? Now I’m no mathematician but usually items are handed out one per night or at an even number. In a small game why would 3 items be handed out?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
No, I am still taking about a sacrifice play. But Z25 is suspicious that I'm faking it for credit. Which is a very reasonable concern. However, I know I got zero credit for Ninja. In fact I got negative credit somehow. So if UP gets lynched and flips town, then in know I'm still lynched next even after all this. So no, I don't expect credit.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let’s discuss this.

In what situation does it make sense Wisp not only gets a token, but also gets two of them why you get one? Don’t you find that odd? Now I’m no mathematician but usually items are handed out one per night or at an even number. In a small game why would 3 items be handed out?
I'm going to decline discussion on this on the tail end of the day. Let's discuss this Day 3 when we mass claim.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Because the reasons Ranmaru, Jack and others brought up were fair, i.e. you might have a night-ability that you're desperate to use.
Except the desperatness to use a night action was bought up in terms of ran not boom...

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Except the desperatness to use a night action was bought up in terms of ran not boom...
I'm pretty sure you're wrong but I won't reread the last 20 pages just now. Probably during work.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom, why are you asking the question as if you were the major train right now? You aren't being lynched right now. It's UP.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'm going to try and sleep. So like, see you in an hour or so when I have an epiphany.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong but I won't reread the last 20 pages just now. Probably during work.
They are wrong. Pretty sure Z25 proposed that I wanted to use a night action and Ran agreed.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom, why are you asking the question as if you were the major train right now? You aren't being lynched right now. It's UP.
Says you. I'll get lynched if I want to. :p

For real, if UP is town this is the best play. I don't have time to reread him before sleep. I'll have to decide tomorrow.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm going to try and sleep. So like, see you in an hour or so when I have an epiphany.

They are wrong. Pretty sure Z25 proposed that I wanted to use a night action and Ran agreed.
i must have missed that, my theory is this is just a mislynch train set by you as you already commented on

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m also heading it but I’m staying where I am for now, I still think it’s best, and would like ran to be open to changing but if they don’t that’s fine.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Because the reasons Ranmaru, Jack and others brought up were fair, i.e. you might have a night-ability that you're desperate to use.
That's a bull**** answer. You think my interaction with UP has been bussing from D1? You think UP floundered so bad while having me as a coach? No way you seriously think I'm buddies with UP.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
You think my interaction with UP has been bussing from D1?
You only started going for UP after there already was a case on him. Also, Ninja was always a good mislynch option if it came to that. Yeah, you could have definitely bussed UP there,

You think UP floundered so bad while having me as a coach?
Effectiveness of coaching depends on two people.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar Sabrar What do you make of Boomfrog's #2107? (Going to sleep for real, just wanted your opinion on this)
I can understand the motivation coming from town!Boom but some of its points are pretty wrong imo.

If I decide you are town and declare all my reads then get lynched, I'll flip and be confirmed post mortem. That should earn you enough trust to carry the torch.
That last part is widely incorrect and Boom should be well aware of it. Boom should know by now that a single player's opinion won't have too much influence when they are no longer alive to defend it.

Ranmaru is certainly scum in this world. They have been 100% wrong in every push so far. Here comes the worst part of Mafia, the quantum insult: In thought Ranmaru was just over confident and bad at logical deduction. But if he is actually Mafia everything makes far too much sense.
No. Boom knows Ranmaru's playstyle and how he was wrong many times in Crossover. This is not evidence of Ran's scumminess and Boom is lacking any other points to build a case on, especially after he already declared Ran to be town based on tone.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Wow, what a mess.

My first thought is that I'm not a huge fan of either of these wagons at the moment. Of the two, I think it's more likely that UP is still mafia, but his recent posting has looked notably better and his tone feels much more natural. BoomFrog... I don't think see how this plan where BoomFrog is basically offering to get lynched in place of UP really makes a lot of sense if he is mafia, other than possibly as a really desperate gambit to try to scrape together enough townie credit to avoid the lynch... but I don't know that Boom would have felt the need to go there rather than just try to tip the scale a little bit by pushing against UP. I don't see it likely that these two are buddies at all. IMHO it's more likely that these are both Town wagons than both scum.

I think if we desperately need to break the tension and resolve this situation, IMHO the best play is to lynch UP. I'll support that lynch if that's where we are looking at deadline.

That said, I think it's probably in our best interests to take a serious look at someone outside these two. I'm not really going to try to make a case here... I've just got a couple of small pings that probably don't amount to much, but it's enough to make me think maybe I've been reading him wrong. This feels right to me:

##Sabrar

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Lasor where is the team if UP/Boom/You are all town

Sabrar/Pikechu/ZDS?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Hmm maybe I should claim to clear things up after making a statement like that

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
You only started going for UP after there already was a case on him. Also, Ninja was always a good mislynch option if it came to that. Yeah, you could have definitely bussed UP there,
Your case on UP D1 had no traction. Even with my help D2 we got no traction with others. There were infinite opportunities to not stay strong and hard on the UP train. And you know it. You know I'm better then that.

##Sabrar

Top Bottom