• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I think that Pokechu is the safest lynch here. I also am hypothesizing that if Pokechu is scum, then they're bound to be aligned with Laser as evident due to their shade throwing before reverting back to their position on me. And guess what?? My next post is going to be an ISO! Can't wait...
hah

before I was your PoE 'safe choice' third scum. Now I'm suddenly the 'safest lynch'. And me reverting to you is somehow suspicious despite the fact that posts after I said the general consensus is likelier to land on Poy (you), Ranmaru provided evidence

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
hah

before I was your PoE 'safe choice' third scum. Now I'm suddenly the 'safest lynch'. And me reverting to you is somehow suspicious despite the fact that posts after I said the general consensus is likelier to land on Poy (you), Ranmaru provided evidence
ebwop
I am around playing Splatoon 2. If we move back I prefer UP.
Unless I read this post wrong.

I don't think it's suspicious to think that more people are in favor of lynching you (Poy) than Laser

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm not settling on a safe lynch, when Sabrar is likely scum.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 2.8

Wisp (3) - Laser, Ran, Jack [L-2]

Boom (2) - Z25, Sabrar

Laser (1) - Wisp

UP (1) - Chu

Not Voting (2)
Boom, UP
P33-P38
UP #Z25
Wisp #Boom
Boom #UP
Ran #Boom
Laser #Jack
Z25 #Laser
Jack #Laser
Ran #Unv

P39-P40
Ran #Boom
UP #Boom
Up #Unv
Up #Boom

P41-P44
Chu #Z25
Wisp #UP
Sabrar #UP

P45
Wisp #Boom

P46-P48
Z25 #Unv
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
UP #Ran

P48-P55
Laser #UP
Ran #Unv
Z25 #Boom
Ran #UP
Boom #Unv
Laser #Sabrar
Wisp #Sabrar
Wisp #Boom
Boom #Sabrar
Boom #Unv
Boom #Wisp
Sabrar #Unv
Laser #Wisp

P55-P56
Chu #UP
Wisp #Laser
Sabrar #Boom

P56-P60*
Ran #Wisp
Chu #Laser
Chu #UP
Boom #Unv
Jack #Wisp
UP #Unv

Notes
-Clicking on the deadline link provides a countdown timer that is accurate according to your time zone.
-You do not have to vote in new lines. All votes with double pound will be counted, so long as I can reasonably interpret who you're voting for.

Players and Events
Link

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute!

Day 2 Ends: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 11:59 pm

Last edited:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Boom's wagon didnt die
UP's did

Boom and UP are both not voting

just things I am noting

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Boom's wagon didnt die
UP's did

Boom and UP are both not voting

just things I am noting
Interesting coincidence but not sure if it means anything but let’s see Up’ response since he’s around and boom does not seem to be

Wiisp

Smash Lord
also nobody hammer early, I want to see as much wagon movement as possible
if any hammers anybody, regardless of their flip, I am assuming you are a wolf
I won't take "oops" as a response

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'm ready to vote Sabrar, I expected Utopian to put "wiisp" at L-1. I'm mostly waiting for Wiisp to decide. Everyone else has made their decision.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
also nobody hammer early, I want to see as much wagon movement as possible
if any hammers anybody, regardless of their flip, I am assuming you are a wolf
I won't take "oops" as a response
Exactly why I'm not voting yet.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Wiisp
UtopianPoyzin

Ranmaru
Laser

Z25
BoomFrog

Sabrar
Jackrito

I'm caught up on everything but I read most of the thread in one sitting (I took one break halfway) so most of the "pings" in my notes are from the first half of the thread when I had the most stamina. + I feel like towards the end the thread just became "will we won't we lynch Ninja" and posts just pinged me less strongly. If someone wants me to respond to something specific though, fire it at me! And if you need something cleared up just ask, I started this last night so it might not all be articulate lmao

Loved this from Wiisp. I don't understand why people get picky about others not answering questions they ask, first. Boggles my mind. Does it matter that much? lmao

Disagree here, because tests like these can let town catch opportunistic scum (possibly someone who voted for Laser). And even if they don't get wolves to respond poorly, they can at least get townies to respond positively. I give points to Ran for his in-depth analysis towards Laser's posts.

Only two "pings" from my list, but I see it as more good from bad. There weren't any posts I found actually gross or slimy, and I think throughout all of his posts he was upfront and genuine. I recall him really trying to get attention from 3DS and just getting frustrated that the town was playing ring around the rosie. Me too, me too. Made it a pain to read the thread! :joyful:

I can't see his refusal to do certain things (such as having the spotlight on him D1 or reading Jack D1) as scum because I feel like scum picks their fights better. Like why choose that hill to die on if your team really really needs you?
These posts confused me. I don't understand what was so bad about Sabrar's opening considering that it was RVS and how Poyzin questions Pythag about his interpretations of all the openings is weird to me. No post is useless so I won't say it's wrong for Poyzin to focus so much on openings but I'm picky and would prefer he do something else. However, I will say it's consistent for Poyzin. He did exactly this the last game (Flavorless) so I'm going to give him points here.

Poy's #201 against Sab is super super good imo. I said exactly this towards one of the quotes in the Sabrar spoiler. Giving him massive points here, it's a really weird question for Sabrar to ask and I feel like Sab got a little defensive about it too.

Something I don't like about Poy here. I recall Poy being really confident about town!Laser after Laser revealed his gambit, and Poy said that he really liked the analyses he made. However, Laser was nailing Jack in the analysis, so I don't see how it makes sense for Poy to place Jack higher than Laser, if he was really liking the content Laser was making. This is what gives me pause on my Poy read but I still feel like a lot of his (Poy) posts wouldn't come from scum

Loved this from Poy too. I feel like Sab was being a bit too nitpicky with him honing in on Poy saying "there's clearly a scum neighbor,'" I don't think that's something anyone should have to defend or explain. I like what Poy was saying here but I do feel like it's a bit excess the way he went about it(he could've said the same thing but with like two or three sentences).

Agreed wholly. I found this to be a good explanation from Poy and considering I have Wiisp as my highest townread I can follow Poy's logic here.

Reading this almost made me pee myself. Hilarious, but what makes it funnier is that it's not wrong. McLoving it!

Poy's done some really really good stuff but some really really bad stuff. I don't like how he disappeared halfway through D1 but he did something similar in Flavorless so I'm willing to look past it for now. I also think that his roleclaim gives him a lot more credibility as I couldn't see that role for scum. But crazier things have happened!
3DS' explanation was literally just "I forgot." That's not good and I don't know why one would label it as such.

Really really liked this from Ranmaru though. Shows just how inconsistent Jack has been and it's put together really well. I had Jack's #170 in my list of pings but I don't remember what pinged me about it.

Honestly? Bad post

You see what I did there? LMAO no one can understand what you're saying if you just pick one sentence of a quote and highlight it red!!!! Makes it super hard to follow what you're saying and in my reads list I had while going through the game I felt like I had to solve around you. Like I really wanted to put you low but I just don't think it makes sense how you would basically be carrying the game on your back as a wolf. But at the same time you weren't someone I was really townreading either, because of posts like these.

I think Ranmaru's style just really really frustrates me because it's very dominant and commandeering, but I can't deny that he's had a willingness to solve and analyze throughout the game. Proactive player and was one of the few to really take what Laser was doing at the start seriously. This is why I doubt he's a wolf and I think going down that route is a little conspiracy-theorist.

I will say that another thing I didn't like about Ranmaru came at the start of the game, it was around Jack's vote. I recall Ranmaru was questioning Sabrar a decent bit, but when Jack voted, I don't think Ran had anything to say at all. Like all three were voting Laser, Ran was asking Sab some questions, but when Jack hopped on Ran stayed quiet. Was super weird. I might be misremembering but this is one of the first notes I made when I started reading the thread. Definitely looking into this just to make sure
I'll be honest. Throughout my read of the thread, none of his posts particularly pinged me. That's good and bad. Because it shows that there wasn't any post that I was really adversed to, but that there also wasn't any post that I really liked.

His gambit was cool but that's about it. I see it coming more from town than scum because town would usually respond better. I guess it could be used to drive mislynches (like if a town player did have a bad reaction) but if they didn't and all put on their thinking caps, and the scummates just all stayed silent, then they'd look kind of dumb LOL

What do I have to say about the analyses?

I agree with the Sabrar read and the Jack read. Part of me wants to say Jack vs Laser is TvS. I don't think Jack would have had a strong a reaction towards Laser if they both were scum (Jack would've known the plan). Since I think Jack is suspicious individually that gives a bit more points towards Laser, since I really don't think both are scum. I just really can't remember many posts Laser has made, aside from this analysis post. Definitely the first one I'll be doing a reread on.

I guess? it's possible that Laser and Sab are both scum and that's why Sab wasn't paying much attention to Laser's gambit, but I don't think it's that likely and I'm more suspicious of Jack than anyone else right now.
I called this post disgusting in my notes. Unlike Sabrar's, I remember why. "Laser's emotes aren't helping us at all." They generated so much content and really stirred activity in the thread. Very opportunist for Z to support the Laser lynch solely off the emoji situation.

Weird post. Why would they respond to your PM and ruin their gambit? And just solely off not responding to the PM, they have no town intent? That's a big jump to make. Like do you really think it would be that easy to catch scum? LOL like "oh he's not responding to me. He must be scum!" I'm wary of Laser but this is bad evidence to support a scumread imo

GROSS post. I'm allergic! It seems like every time anyone even bats an eye at what Z says, he hits them with a haymaker punch! LOL Not necessary and a real bad look. What did this accomplish? Poy wasn't wrong. Z's scum list was the three most common and he also couldn't come up with a fourth. GROSS post.

Another haymaker punch from Z. I don't know why he does this!!! I really don't see it coming from scum because they should be worried about more than throwing pot shots. But it's like, someone says something against Z and he doesn't do anything besides throw a potshot back! Like that's what's really anti-town here, because you could use this as an opportunity to like get someone to think differently, explain themselves more, explain yourself more, etc. Not just backhand them LMAO

Wasn't there some post from Z where he was like "I didn't consider scum in the neighborhood" but he had said that he was willing to lynch Laser? I think that was brought up in the thread but that's also a bad look for Z. Maybe it's just a case of poor wording or like he didn't specifically think that there HAD to be a scum in the neighborhood, but either way I don't like his push on Laser. How he interacts with other people is always shaving my sheep and grinding my gears but since he made similar posts in Flavorless I know that it doesn't mean anything for his alignment. Would probably do a reread on him after Laser to really wrap my head around him.
Really like this vote callout here. Even while I wasn't in the game, when I read that vote from Jack I found it super sketch. He it put down way too quick but took it away even quicker. That doesn't read like pressuring Laser to me (which was his goal for the vote).

But Boom makes this post which completely goes against his last. I don't understand how Jack being more proactive invalidates his Laser vote? Boom was far too quick to remove this vote on Jack tbh and I don't know why. I think this was discussed in the thread even but it all blended together.

Like Laser I can't remember many of Boom's posts. I say it's partially because I replaced in and read the thread all at once (not a smart idea in hindsight!) but I'm interested in hearing more from him. I think Boom was the one to say "3DS wouldn't think the whole neighborhood was town unless he was town as well" which is an acute observation but it could also be scum propping themselves up after a 3DS mislynch. I think Ranmaru said something like that but he just said one sentence and just linked to the post numbers, and I didn't find it very helpful or explanative. But I digress
Find it super disingenuous of him to try and make Poyzin argue a possibility that is blatantly unlikely. I feel like it's goading Poy into making a bad post for Sab to step in on, and I think if Sab was town that he would just ask better questions. Like why drive your train of thought down this route? Like obviously Poyzin isn't planning to blindly lynch the three neighbors until he gets one that flips scum. For D1 it's a good rule of thumb to use, that one of the neighbors might be scum. Nothing wrong with what Poy did here, points taken away from Sab.

It seems like you are focusing on the scenario if you're asking Poy about it. Like the question didn't need to be asked because it's something that'll sort itself out. Poy isn't solely using the neighborhood as a basis for his reads. This is why it feels like deflecting to me, it's a line of thought that didn't really need to be questioned. Feels like an attempt to get people to doubt themselves like "but what if they're town??????"

What does it mean to chainsaw? I've not heard the term before

I wrote "look into" next to this post number in my notes. I wish I wrote more because I forgot exactly what raised my eyebrow. I think the point he brought up about 3DS isn't bad but anyone could've made it, town or scum. I think what's pinging me here is that we would know about the neighborhood regardless. Like it's three people in there, eventually one would've revealed it or one would've gotten lynched. So while it's not a bad observation Sab made, it's not a good one either because scum should know from the start that the neighborhood's not staying private. NAI but this quote still caught my eye for some reason

As slimy as Helix from ARMS. I think this is a really really weak "gotcha!" post Sab tried to make, I completely understand that ("clearly") being a kneejerk reaction from Poy because usually when there is a neighborhood one of them is scum. Not always but it happens frequently. And this post from Sab kind of goes hand in hand with his others talking about he's not focusing on an all-town neighborhood. Like I feel like when he's nailing Poy for this that he kind of is? Like he's taking this whole thing a bit too far? Even if his problem is the "confidence level" it's a bit disingenuous to hold this (not considering town neighborhood) against Poy when it's just unlikely.

I will say that Sab's tone feels a bit detached from all his posts. Like some of his interactions with Poy are just weird. Like they're not bad but what he's asking or what he's trying to get out of Poy I feel doesn't really benefit anyone.
Found this post slimy. Makes no sense at all imo. Votes Laser, but questions if he could really be scum because this tactic doesn't seem befitting for scum. But he can't think of any reason for town to do it at all??? Not a single reason? Such as gathering reactions or seeing who'll take it seriously and give it their all? And he also flat out says "pressure the slot!" but if you explicitly say you're pressing the slot.... you're kind of making your vote moot. Like you just ruined the point of the vote LOL

Goes with the last quote. This seems preemptive and opportunist. For it being D1 he has a lot of confidence in scum!Laser. It reads like TMI because Jack makes him out to be the "clear choice" and again states that town would never do what he is doing (despite the fact that there are numerous reasons why town would do similar gambits).

Very quick to unvote, despite the conviction they had with their original vote. Seems to me like they're scum who got afraid of being caught. Doesn't say much about Laser's analyses either. Makes their original vote seem weak if this is how easily they're swayed from it.

Found this post hypocritical when paired with the last quote. Jackrito was pretty noncomittal with Laser also, he voted but took it away with no qualms after Laser revealed the plan. You'd think with a vote Jack put out that he'd have some questions first? Agree on the Sabrar point though

This post shows how Jack keeps flip flopping with his reads. He put the Laser vote out, Laser revealed, Jack took it away, now Jack's still scumreading him. I think that if town, Jack would stick to one side more and not go back and forth. Why the inconsistency? Just weird to me imo if town

I think Jack's handling of the Laser situation was a bad look and it makes it hard for me to see him as town. I don't remember specifically any of his other posts being as bad but his original vote on Laser was just preemptive. Rereading him and Sab for sure
Tbh this looked pretty good at the time, besides the Jackrito bit. I kinda liked the wall, but in the end, this was all the general consensus (at least it was in my eyes) and is a great way to enter the game for either alignment.

He wasn't wrong and his post was just snarky instead of rude. There's a different between being a butt and a butthole. Poy was being a butt but you were the butthole LMAO

I don't see how it makes the read list overall poor. Not everything centers around you Embarrass sorry sweetie but Poy has my heart ;) Just because you don't like what I said about you doesn't mean that the whole list is bad

I also did explicitly say that even though I didn't like how you were going about your points, they didn't have an impact on your alignment. I was in the game you linked so I know about Nake's fake silence claim, I was his scummate LOL but I don't think we should inherently look at Laser as scummy because of it, because that's just one game.
If I swore at Poy that's rude. If I said his posts were so sick they gave me COVID-19 that's snark LOL

Like if you're just going around discrediting everyone with a valid complaint, that's rude and a very poor look. But Poy was right to point out how your bottom three was the most common, especially when you couldn't find a fourth.

Honestly not interested in rereading (at least not at this moment) because replacing in is hard enough and I don't like living in the past. It can help at times but I don't think one piece of meta is something to take with you for years on end
It shows that they don't care how people are reading them, but it's also not threatening like 3DS' "vote me if you want! I don't care!!!"

Like it shows Wiisp is going with his own rhythm, doing what he thinks needs to be done, and he's not letting anyone interfere with that. And I think he said he'd comment on them today right? + He seemed to have been genuinely busy (I remember a post of his that said something like he already spent much more time than what he was going to on this game). His roleclaim helps too because I don't think scum would have what seems to be a lynchproof ability. That'd suck in LyLo :laugh:
I feel like Ran had more progression throughout. He's definitely the most proactive player here by far, trying to investigate people and get information, so I'm not going to hold it as harsh against him, compared to Jack who I don't remember being as proactive. Like considering all the posting Ran was doing I don't blame him from changing his mind constantly. It felt more like to me he was "open thinking" within the thread. And Jack's reasoning for the vote just doesn't make sense because no matter which avenue you take it, he renders it moot within the post itself

Like he says he's voting Laser because he doesn't know why town would do what he's doing. But he also says that scum doesn't have much reason either. So with regards to alignment, he doesn't have a real reason to vote Laser. With regards to this post

I didn't mean to say that Jack for sure thought Laser was scum, just that he had a lot of commitment to the vote, but considering that the vote couldn't be based on Laser's alignment, it doesn't make much sense for him to have that level of commitment. That's my problem about Jack's commitment, why it pinged me. And he removed it quick after Laser revealed everything. He says it's a pressure vote but that's pretty detrimental because town could use gambits like that to get creative and draw out reactions, so a pressure vote doesn't really help, especially when you explicitly say "this is a pressure vote." Like you're not pressuring anyone if you flat out say that's why you're voting LMAO

If you find that post lacking, Jack, give me post numbers you want to hear my opinion on. But I'm not bending over backwards reading the first 30 pages and responding to everything even semi-noteworthy when we've had two flips since then (Ninja and Pythag) and there's still toDay to be a part of. I like Wiisp because a lot of what I would have said had I been playing D1, Wiisp did say. He hasn't been at the forefront going against someone (like Poy vs Sab) so there's not as much I can say about him, but I also like how none of his posts I find gross so far. I'm OK with him, and the read list isn't a blood oath so I don't see why I couldn't change it given Wiisp (and other players) post more. I'm familiar with Poyzin and while I don't agree with everything he's done, he's not raising my eyebrow much. Weird that you can townread Wiisp based off a "deeper understanding" but I can't townread Poyzin based off one.
Oh no no no, sorry if you thought I said that! It's just very powerful, your playstyle. Which, that's a good thing! but I'm pretty passive so it's hard for me to handle my polar opposite. Definitely not being a jerk, you're an angel! Just kind of falls under what Boom said earlier, that you make the thread kind of "noisy." With your high activity you can be hard to follow especially if you don't explain much what you're getting at (like the quote I had in my spoiler for you, the 'this is scum this is scum'). When I got to that post I just got so mad that you didn't explain, that I cracked open a cold hard 7-UP! LOL :laugh:
I wish. Teaming with Poy would be great.

But no, I was just jesting, because Z seemed to have discounted my whole post, just based off what I said regarding one thing about him (Z). Which is very kneejerk-y and weird of him to do. Like it's not that big of a deal lmao it just shows how Z kind of discredits a lot of things he doesn't like. Not necessarily scum but definitely not convincing me he's town
It comes from reading 30+ pages in one sitting. I'm sure you could point out similar things with other people (me forgetting their posts or them forgetting people's posts they agree with). Was I supposed to individually ISO each person too before I posted to make sure I wasn't leaving anything off? Sorry Sabradical but you aren't the center of my universe. . . yet ;)

so many people wanting their way in my heart :'^)

I'm actually not sure why I didn't the jot down the first post, I honestly hadn't caught what it pointed out. Like if you didn't point it out I probably wouldn't have noticed until I ISO'd Z, but to be fair it doesn't take a scientist to figure out the second (re: Boom's vote) and I think other people pointed it out too. But I could be wrong
Why is it weird or sketch when he was townreading Maven and not me (since I wasn't in the game)? Like how does it relate to me, essentially. I could understand this comment if Poy came back in the thread and had nothing at all to say about my slot vs. how he was feeling about Maven, but saying this now, even if Maven and I share the same role, it rubs me the wrong way, because Poy hasn't said anything about me. Couldn't you also pull two other people who are both townreading each other and say that it's suspicious?
Horrible take. If you find my entrance poor then ask me for more observations, find out where my mind's at. There's also nothing to learn from Flavorless Mafia about players to apply here because the only players from there that are still in the game now are you, Poy, and myself. It's also not surprising you find my entrance poor considering I replaced 30 pages into a game and I wasn't intending to impress anyone anyways. What are you trying to get at here? You're certainly taking the easy way out, just like Poy mentioned D1
This has no impact on my alignment whatsoever. You haven't even considered that it's not that I forgot Sabrar was in this game, it's that I forgot Sabrar was in Flavorless. Which, I already said I'm not going to live in the past, and you avoided my question about what you were trying to get at. So there's four people from Flavorless. And? So what? What have I "not learned?" What could I have possibly learned from Sabrar in one game that he replaced in halfway through? Not everything. So even if I forgot he was in Flavorless, that's no reason whatsoever to have me first in your pool (assuming re: how I came first in #1427) esp. when I don't even have ten posts to my name lmao, not even giving me a chance :joyful:

None of my reads were relying on solely a joke. I didn't say "Poy told a good joke! He must be town" so I'm not sure why you're ignoring the thought I did put in. Even the "entertaining" posts I did include (such as Wiisp's "because I am") I included them because I see them coming from a town perspective. I don't base judgments on whether someone's making me giggle LOL

I came in perfectly fine. You just either don't agree with what I'm saying/don't like what I'm saying, or you want to drive an easy mislynch. Pick your poison

I came in with my honest thoughts about the thread and the players within. If that doesn't help in trusting my slot, nothing will. I don't understand your qualms still.

Of course, I'm committed to making these two subforums (DGamesia and NZone) the best they can be! Sorry if you've been uncomfortable throughout with my jests, I never meant anything by them. I don't recall the specific incident in the NZone section, mostly because it's not very active, the start of the school year I wasn't very active, and that for each forum there's always multiple "incidents" LOL but I will definitely simmer down.
I've been tagged a couple times so I'll pop in for a sec, I'm working on a couple of assignments so I haven't been able to post. I've been reading the thread so I know the happenings, I can't believe I didn't catch #1515!

but I'm going to try to come in later toDay with more posts. Wasn't expecting to have to replace in tbh so I let myself slack a little

I haven't voted yet because I'm honestly more worried about getting more content out there than having a vote out right now. I'd feel a bit dirty only having ten posts but I'm handing out votes LMAO

If I had a vote out right now it'd probably be on Boom or Jack/Sabrar. Would want to vote Z but not worth the time.

This post I found kind of gross because I feel like you could say that about most people in any game. Like unless they're top town carry or doing gambits really all anyone has for them is their commentary. Like that's the game we chose to play, right? Even Boom himself, what does he have that's objectively "helping town?" UP vs. Sabrar is interesting I'd say and I think that lets us see where both minds are at for instance.

Z I feel like his push on me was weird because it wasn't using much evidence from my own slot (not like there's anything to really use yet LOL), even Boom said that while he's not keen on my slot, it's not really fair as I've had no chance to prove myself

So Z's attention on me feels a little preemptive. He's allowed his thoughts on my slot but I think he was too quick initially. I'd want to vote him after Boom out of pettiness but it'd be better to focus on one of Jack and Sabrar and vote there. Would lean towards voting Jack because I like Sabrar's recent posts (questioning me on how I forgot posts of his that I liked was one of them, that's a good catch)

Wiisp brought up Pythag being the NK and I think Sabrar discussed Pythag's reads but I thought Pythag would've been killed for accuracy.

3DS flipped town, I know I'm town, so that leaves the bottom three Sabrar/UP/Jack. What confuses me is why kill Pythag if there's only two scum. Like if Boom is scum, Pythag was townreading him, so even if it's Boom/Jack I feel like there's better candidates for a night kill. Especially considering that Pythag wasn't really hard carrying us or anything LOL killing Pythag makes a lot of sense if the scum team is Sab/Jack but considering Boom's recent posts I think the team has to have him.

Makes me think Wiisp's right and they did it to avoid a doctor but I feel like there were still better candidates... doesn't mean much overall, it's just usually my first step to look at the NK's reads but it's just weird with a Two!Scum and a Scum!Boom world. Makes me believe there's three scum.

I'm actually going to believe this though because you stated in Flavorless that you usually don't bus your scummates

I think ranmaru ranmaru asked whether you'd bus in this situation so I'm pinging him here. Or maybe I imagined that post from him. I remember someone asked someone whether they'd bus

dammmmmmmnn yall really dont gimme a chance!!!!!!! LOL thank you sabrar, that's exactly what happened! yall really ASKING for me to turn my activity off :joyful:

yeah wiisp's my strongest townread. His recent flurry of posts was super good but before that he was just providing really solid commentary, and I don't think it's really necessary to quote a post and randomly label it townie, if it is just normal commentary. He wasn't at the forefront but definitely was putting out good content.

With Laser it's just flat OUT I couldn't remember anything he's said. Even now I can't so that's why I said I would reread him. Wiisp has a couple good hits, really liking where his head is at, but Laser's content is forgettable imo. Wiisp seems more invested in trying to scumhunt and make heads of things, he's willing to draw attention and heat. But like others mentioned LG hadn't really used what he gained from doing the gambit. Wiisp's posts are likelier to come from a town than Laser's are imo, like I could see scum!Laser pulling off the gambit. But I couldn't see scum!Wiisp getting frustrated about the thread not moving along D1 and saying "if you want me out vote now cause you can't get me out tomorrow" LOL

The "really bad stuff" you did includes disappearing for the latter half of D1 and that one observation I made about your reads list. You explained the latter, the first is still pretty bad imo but I'm not one to talk considering I need to be posting much more lmao
I like your slot! I liked it from the start, you obviously are doing a lot for the town. If you are a wolf you deserve to win the game. I'd let you win to be honest because you've earned it. Your #1080 helped but just reading the first post (think it was like #1077 or something) and it not explaining within, that's what bothered me. But while sipping my soda I saw the next. For #1080 which is here

I think it's in character for Wisp but a bad look for Jack. Jack's whole post reads like one of those memes, makes it kind of weird

"What if we put our beds next to each other in Minecraft? Hahaha just kidding.... unless?"

"Ranmaru is town, he has a controlling presence and definitely the most proactive.... unless?"

like it just feels like an empty post to me. Like laying out the framework for him going against you. Wiisp's seems more like a genuine reaction and just him getting mad that you weren't staying still LOL didn't he say you were playing hot potato at some point D1?

With regards to your Jack vote my main thing was that you were talking with Sabrar (who was on the Laser wagon) and but didn't have anything to say when Jack hopped on. I found that post from Jack bad so seeing you interact with someone on the wagon but not calling out Jack was weird to me. You aren't obligated to talk about everything of course but it just felt like a scum ignoring their scumbuddy's vote. It's not that serious though since I doubt you're actually scum

You're in the same place as before, third-most town. Like I'm pretty confident you won't flip scum. Only change is probably Boom switching with Sabrar but I really need to reread/ISO since 30 pages all at once was not good
I now remember why I used to townread Pokechu. These posts are pretty solid. They've only started to look bad pretty recently in my eyes. I'll probably have to reconsider my opinion in hindsight, I'll admit that saying that my former townread is the safest lynch is pretty foolish.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Tbh this looked pretty good at the time, besides the Jackrito bit. I kinda liked the wall, but in the end, this was all the general consensus (at least it was in my eyes) and is a great way to enter the game for either alignment.

I now remember why I used to townread Pokechu. These posts are pretty solid. They've only started to look bad pretty recently in my eyes. I'll probably have to reconsider my opinion in hindsight, I'll admit that saying that my former townread is the safest lynch is pretty foolish.
Your ISO here is

"Good reads list, one nitpick"

and 15 quotes later

"oops! I remember why I townread him"

:confused:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I like to use Hanlan's Razor a lot now
"never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence "
but I usually turn it around to, "Don't assume malice when there probably is none"

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UP do you town read Sabrar?
To a degree, yes. They are definitely in my scum pile. Although, I am currently skeptical about whether this is the safest play, as I'm nervous that my chaotic tendencies are causing good-faith townies to think of me as scum, and not just scum trying to push the envelope onto an easy wagon.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I wouldn't call Sabrar an "easy" wagon
if he is a wolf, he is anything but obvious

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Agreed, Sabrar is a competent player. Boom is too.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean in T/T worlds of Boom/UP
I just can't imagine us hitting the other T here
unless its like Jack/(Z/Poke)/Lasor

Wiisp

Smash Lord
voting Sabrar here kinda feels like I am calling both UP and Boom town though...
I am a little nervous

Jackrito

Smash Ace
voting Sabrar here kinda feels like I am calling both UP and Boom town though...
I am a little nervous
That is a issue with this approach since I'm not really commited to Boom as town, UP I see as more town potential.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
also UP asking for a mod kill probably just locks him as town
this read is disgusting, as much as him even posting about in the thread
and if this is wolf!UP its kind of [redacted]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wiisp Wiisp I haven't put too much thought into a team for Sabrar. At the top of my head, [Sabrar, Pokechu].

Jackrito

Smash Ace
also UP asking for a mod kill probably just locks him as town
this read is disgusting, as much as him even posting about in the thread
and if this is wolf!UP its kind of [redacted]
I mean we can only take that on face value he asked for it, I side to agree though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Sabrar is scum he’s definitely played well but plenty of people here revealed good problems they point otherwise so their play hasn’t been flawless if scum

Wiisp

Smash Lord
If Sabrar is scum he’s definitely played well but plenty of people here revealed good problems they point otherwise so their play hasn’t been flawless if scum
lol? so scum have to win to have played good?
ok boomer

Top Bottom